GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• carelynn114
    carelynn114 Posts: 290 Member
    acormofv9bm0.gif
    @truGAINS heres the stiff leg hammie stretch you recommended! Felt great after my run! Gif Linda cut off weird 😂 👍🏻
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited August 2021
    Still not allowed to go riding outside. So here’s my bicycle related activity now. Hopefully have this bike done soon, still
    Waiting for this part 😭. Why its taking longer to post something from my city to me than form another country is a mystery. Why I’m doing it a like 1AM is a another mystery 😂.

j8zg1pxdulol.gif

• truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    @carelynn114 Strict form crucial on those... incredible stretch you can get just with 5s..
    Good work
  • carelynn114
    truGAINS wrote: »
    @carelynn114 Strict form crucial on those... incredible stretch you can get just with 5s..
    Good work

Thanks!! 💕
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Good work

Thanks!! 💕

Very nice!

If I might offer a minor suggestion... and only because it's something I have struggled with forever.

Your shoulders tend to round forward when you're doing that movement. When doing stretches/movements like this, and preparing for if you decide to do deadlifts/rows (even bench), think about pulling your shoulders back and down a bit. When you pull them back, it's like trying to squeeze a pencil between your shoulder blades. When you pull them down, it engages your lats.

Getting used to pulling your shoulders back and down will help in so many ways... great for posture, resolving mid/upper back pain, increased strength gains, reduced injury, etc.

Your lower back is nice and flat, which is fantastic!
    Well done!
  • KickassAmazon76
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    t87gu477yvl8.gif

Nice flex!!
  • carelynn114
    Good work

Thanks!! 💕

Very nice!

If I might offer a minor suggestion... and only because it's something I have struggled with forever.

Your shoulders tend to round forward when you're doing that movement. When doing stretches/movements like this, and preparing for if you decide to do deadlifts/rows (even bench), think about pulling your shoulders back and down a bit. When you pull them back, it's like trying to squeeze a pencil between your shoulder blades. When you pull them down, it engages your lats.

Getting used to pulling your shoulders back and down will help in so many ways... great for posture, resolving mid/upper back pain, increased strength gains, reduced injury, etc.

Your lower back is nice and flat, which is fantastic!
    Well done!

@KickassAmazon76 thanks sooooo much !! I will definitely do it like this next time!!! 💕
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    @truGAINS doing his thing and doing it well. 🤗

jdm3agct0nrh.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @truGAINS doing his thing and doing it well. 🤗

jdm3agct0nrh.gif

Thanks again !!😅

That's 285 on Incline ..trying to hit 305 in the next week or so

Holy crap! Well done! 👏 👏 And thanks Cat!
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Ander254 wrote: »
    Yes its definitely more of a squat feel with the hex bar...it doesnt seem like the total body workout like with the barbell

That's what I use, and yeah it definitely does not stress the lower back like a conventional deadlift. It's more like a leg press or a squat, imo...or just its own thing.

Good option imo for home gym (leg presses, except vertical ones, are usually huge and expensive). Also good to avoid too much on the low back if you've been seriously injured before. Going through sciatica can sure make you wanna change some things up.

• KickassAmazon76
    Starting by second round. Not sure if I'll share all the days though. 🤪

v4vmpjesvxcl.gif
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm struggling with my lifting. I tried squats at 150 Monday (which used to be a normal weight range for me) but my legs just wouldn't cooperate. So I went back today and went at it a little differently. Any suggestions welcome.
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg
  • KickassAmazon76
    I'm struggling with my lifting. I tried squats at 150 Monday (which used to be a normal weight range for me) but my legs just wouldn't cooperate. So I went back today and went at it a little differently. Any suggestions welcome.
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg

I really hit a hard wall with stronglifts. My girlfriend suggested mixing it up more, and gave me access to a program her coach made for her to help her strength gains. (The program I posted on here). It's made a huge difference to my mindset (and my lifts).

Last night was week1 day 2 - squats.
    Because I'm early in this cycle, Squats were 4 sets of 8 at 70% of my 1rm. (So, in my case, 170lbs) The last two sets were AMAP at the same weight... so I did 170x8, 170x8, 170x9, 170x10.

The rest of the workout was accessory work...
    narrow leg presses - 3 sets of 15/12
    burnout leg extension - as heavy as you can go to push out 20 reps
    Reverse hyper - 3 sets of 15/12
    Burnout wide stance single dumbbell squat - one set of 20 reps

And then a super set of arms:
    ez bar curls / hammer curls - 3 sets of 12/8

Each day in the program is different, each week is different. The variety caused me anxiety at first, but the structure meant that when I failed it was because I was supposed to push to failure (instead of having a goal of x reps and failing because I wasn't strong enough).

Once I started failing in stronglifts...every single session was a grind. Am I going to fail? Am I strong enough?
    This perspective has made a huge shift in how I approach the lifts now.

Maybe a change up of programming could be helpful for you, too?
  • DancingMoosie
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg

I really hit a hard wall with stronglifts. My girlfriend suggested mixing it up more, and gave me access to a program her coach made for her to help her strength gains. (The program I posted on here). It's made a huge difference to my mindset (and my lifts).

Because I'm early in this cycle, Squats were 4 sets of 8 at 70% of my 1rm. (So, in my case, 170lbs) The last two sets were AMAP at the same weight... so I did 170x8, 170x8, 170x9, 170x10.

Each day in the program is different, each week is different. The variety caused me anxiety at first, but the structure meant that when I failed it was because I was supposed to push to failure (instead of having a goal of x reps and failing because I wasn't strong enough).

Once I started failing in stronglifts...every single session was a grind. Am I going to fail? Am I strong enough?

I don't have any machines, which is why my workouts tend to mirror stronglifts. I can try to change it up a bit, do some single leg work, something like that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg

I don't have any machines, which is why my workouts tend to mirror stronglifts. I can try to change it up a bit, do some single leg work, something like that.

You're best bet is to run more advanced programming with more stimulus but allowing for recovery.

Different rep ranges, average intensity, lift selection, etc...

I can't stress how much auto regulation helps.

Staying away from AMRAP unless intelligently programmed.

• KickassAmazon76
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg

I don't have machines either. I have found alternatives to machines by using bands or body weight exercises. It's not quite the same, but still gets a burn.

• DancingMoosie
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    bsyyfff6mup1.jpg

You're best bet is to run more advanced programming with more stimulus but allowing for recovery.

Different rep ranges, average intensity, lift selection, etc...

I can't stress how much auto regulation helps.

Staying away from AMRAP unless intelligently programmed.

What might this look like? I can't do AMRAP at this point anyway. I'm struggling after about 4 reps.