WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    We have members all over the leaderboard today! As a team, we weren't in the top 3, but our best losers were the best of all :smiley:

I'm madly rushing around getting the registration for September set up and then I'll be packing up and heading south. If you have friends or anyone you run into who might be interested in joining us, now's a great time to let them know. Have them check out the team, the way stuff works, and then they can register at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10841717/registration-for-new-members-september-2021#latest

Feel free to share that link if you're on any message boards where people are looking for friends or support. We could use a few new members on our team or any other on Fat2Fit. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    @Pearl4686 No need to be embarrassed. I’m right there with you. We are both still here checking in. I sure don’t have myself together either and I don’t have the things going on that you do. But some days, I just don’t have it to do what I need to do. I don’t want to gain weight and be fat, but I don’t want to do the work to lose and get fit. My mom once frustratingly said, food is my only entertainment. I get it. We live on the conservative side of pandemic lockdown once again because my granddaughter can’t be vaccinated yet. So I’m always at my house. It’s hot as hades outside. All I do is grocery shop and cook. And play with Juliet. I am in awe of all you wonderful exercisers. I know I feel better when I do walk. But some- many times, I just can’t make me. Honestly, I do A LOT of putting everyone else ahead of me. As I type this, my daughter was calling and it took even me not to stop and answer. So Pearl, hang in there. Keep coming by. Eventually it will click.

@ashleycarole86 My daughter has an undergraduate degree in Philosophy and a Masters in Library Science.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @micki48 ah yes, I remember the library science part now! I don't know much about that but I did like the philosophy courses I took in university. I majored in sociology so it's ironic I ended up in an office setting in oil and gas... hard to avoid in my city I guess. Brad and I started a free online philosophy course sometime during covid and it was fun... opened up a lot of deep chats.

I just finished Day 26 of Yoga with Adriene's Home program... almost done the 30 days and then I'll try one of her others. Man it feels so good, that feels like self care at its finest. Then I watched a fun YouTube video after and rather than sitting while watching I walked in place instead.. not sure why I don't consider doing that more often for that lovely NEAT.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Here is the link to our September registration page .....Please encourage friends to join our wonderful group :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10841717/registration-for-new-members-september-2021#latest
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Glad you had a good time at the birthday party and didn't get to the too full point. Are you getting excited to go to the office in September? Packing 2 lunches sounds better than packing 5. I am off Fridays so I usually do meal prep on that day and finish up on Sunday. I make fancy lunches for myself and everyone else gets the standard sandwich, fruit, chips/popcorn situation. My husband has a different job this year and might have more time for lunch. Maybe he will want fancy lunches too.

@jugar Sounds like you had a great birthday for your son. I love his plan for adopting a dog. Our little dog is from the pound and he is everyones favorite. Best wishes for your journey across the border.

@Pearl4686 Hang in there and don't give up! I totally get the embarrassed feeling 😕 I felt pretty bad about my weigh in this week too. You are not alone. You are also right that life is always happening and there really is no perfect time to make this happen. You will find ways to cope with stress and life events.

@micki48 I hear you on the trapped at home with kiddos. Rhesa is 12 so she is vaccinated but Miles and Charlie are still waiting for kid vaccines to come out. It has been too smokey to go to the lake cabin. We are pretty bored too. Playing outside when we can. I even built the boys a dirt playground with lots of dinosaurs and taught my daughter to loom knit!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited August 2021
    WEEK THREE COMPLETED - BRING ON WEEK FOUR

6a01bb085e6267970d01bb097c3ed0970d.gif

7c106d7uhwqk.png

2paiuokzee4z.png

OUR TOP TEAMS

By Percentage
    dqj50pd0w4k3.png

By Pounds
    6ygpvnf2wwaw.png

OUR TOP INDIVIDUALS

By Percentage
    c2kvtdsbwwkj.png

By Pounds
    7erexvhxsdvv.png

jxwz8h4b2xw2.png

A CLOSER LOOK AT YOUR TEAM'S LOSERS (WINNERS)
    brxbva88b7f9.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    edited August 2021
    I made it into Vermont! I'm officially across the border for the first time since early 2020. Cool! It is so good to see @EvMakesChanges in person. They did take away my tomatoes at the border though! I had picked a lot of veggies to bring with me, but the tomatoes were apparently a no-no. They were beautiful too - lots of the sweet orange cherry tomatoes and a few perfect regular ones. Hmmph. They let me bring everything else though, so we're well stocked.

@ashleycarole86
    Just to let you know that I won't be tracking steps this week. I cannot stand having that tracker on my wrist when it is so hot out! I'll keep up with other exercise as possible, but won't be reporting this week.

First 2 weigh-ins of the week are green! Good on you, @YinxFed and @Terytha !

Next up? Sunday and Monday weigh-in people:
    @deniners2
    @once_mas
    @DD265
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks! I'll get on when I can tomorrow - have a fantastic Monday if I'm late to the party :heart:
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 707 Member
    PW 155.5
    CW 156
  • ashleycarole86
    edited August 2021
    @ashleycarole86 Glad you had a good time at the birthday party and didn't get to the too full point. Are you getting excited to go to the office in September?

It's one of those things that will be fine when it happens, but I'm not looking forward to it exactly. I like being at home with Brad and our dog. I have a relatively long commute to work (nothing crazy, but I don't live in the city...), so saving on that has been nice. Lots of extra time at home right now to get errands and exercising done. I did return for 4-5 months last summer though, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be transitioning back. We are going to be working from home two days a week and from the office three days a week when we return, so it's a great hybrid solution. I do like aspects of being back in the office and I actually think overall the routine of it has some benefits to my mental health, but part of my hesitation is just that my work has been extra stressful lately and being at home at least seems like it puts a bit of distance between me and that (whether or not that's actually true).

@Terytha Way to stick with what sounds like an awesome gym routine with everything you have going on... sounds like a lot of heavy stuff going on with you so that's no easy feat.

@jugar Sounds good, thanks for the heads up. Enjoy your visit... I'm sure @EvMakesChanges is so glad to have you there!

Today I set my intention for a big day of exercise and I had one... very glad for that. Felt good to move in a few different ways. Started off with 19 minutes of yoga, did 10,805 steps throughout the day, and also went on a 79 minute bike ride.

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    CW: 227.6
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @ashleycarole86 my office is doing the same thing, 3 days in a week, 2 days WFH starting Oct 4. It was Sept 1, but covid concerns pushed it back. I'm fine with the hybrid idea, but I have not stepped foot in the office since March 2020 and like you, my commute is not quick. It will feel kind of like I am wasting about 2 hours a day going in. But the train ride is also a good time to read - or nap. I know it will be weird to get on that schedule again though.

I also have 4 pairs of shoes in my office desk that probably think I abandoned them - I'm coming, babies!

I'm also jealous of your bike riding. I was really enjoying it for those few weeks this summer, but I don't have a bike rack and drive a Corolla so I had to leave the bike in NY. :/

I have myself on a rather strict schedule this week, considering studying and workouts. I'm taking off work Wed and Thurs to study, and Friday is the day. (Eeeep!)

Happy Monday!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps and exercise log for last week:

15/8 - 2590
    16/8 - 7600 / 10 mins Yoga / 60 mins Zumba / 51 mins Back & Biceps [Epic 1 Day 36]
    17/8 - 30045
    18/8 - 5441
    19/8 - 11432
    20/8 - 4451
    21/8 - 6170
  • ashleycarole86
    @Kali225 One thing that's been a negative about bike riding is how angry people are towards bikers! I am finding this weird phenomenon when we're used shared pathways (pedestrians/bikers) where we literally cannot win. If we use the bell, some people find that rude... but if we pass with plenty of room without using it, then we get yelled at for not using the bell. I am a very sensitive person to disrupting others and this absolutely derails me and makes the experience negative... Brad has much thicker skin and lets it roll off his shoulders but I hate doing an activity that has conflict built in. Any advice on this (other than caring less what people think?) It's funny because I am someone who is always thinking about how not to disrupt others so these darned if I do darned if I don't situations are tough on me (but makes the bike riding experience less fun).

@DD265 Cool experience... what led to you and your colleagues going on such a fun adventure together? Is this common for you guys to do together?

• ashleycarole86
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Steps and exercise log for last week:

15/8 - 2590
    16/8 - 7600 / 10 mins Yoga / 60 mins Zumba / 51 mins Back & Biceps [Epic 1 Day 36]
    17/8 - 30045
    18/8 - 5441
    19/8 - 11432
    20/8 - 4451
    21/8 - 6170

30,045 <3<3 Must be a training day for next month ;)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yesterday and today were far from perfect but better than my old habits so I'm trying to focus on the good.
    Like many of you, we are going back face to face, both in my training and with clients. I'm looking forward to the social aspect, meeting people etc but dreading parts of it as I am so self conscious about my body and have very few clothes that fit now. I've gotten used to wearing the same thing over and over as I so rarely went out. Having to 'dress up' again fills me with dread.

Evenings are by far my biggest struggle. After being carefull all day, I tend to 'reward' myself with junk. I have a serious weakness for homemade baked goods and now a daughter old enough (13) to bake and enjoy it. Yesterday it was chocolate chip cookies and today dried fruit biscotti. I wish I could just have 1 but I never stop at 1.

@ashleycarole86 I used to have a bit of this with running, where people gave me funny looks for 'overtaking' them walking on a path. I decided to be friendly and give them a heads-up by cheerfully saying 'morning!' just behind them as I pass. This seemed to at least reduce the 'shock' element of me passing. Not sure that makes sense...
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member

30,045 <3<3 Must be a training day for next month ;)

You guessed correct - 4 hours. I think I'm ready!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @ashleycarole86 we're doing a 20 mile walk together next month. One of the guys is responsible for getting us into walking - after we moved closer to my job in 2019 we decided to go on one of the social walks he organised - and makes a great guide. Last year when I was really struggling fitness wise, he made sure the group pace and rests were working for me (all of us). We've been out once or twice a month for the last 4-5 I think; since the weather has been a bit more forgiving, anyway.

This evening I have gone off plan a bit - I'm not quite sure why except that I had a very hungry day. I made sausage rolls so had some of those and a not-portioned-but-I-know-it-was-150g amount of chocolate. It's just after 10pm and rather than risk more over eating, I am going to bed! Back on it in the morning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @coramae7417 :)
This discussion has been closed.