Today's Eyeopener!!

Today's EyeOpener: Don't overthink this!!
In this lifestyle change you have chosen to embark on, Understand that there will be good days, Bad days, and Meh Days! Don't get caught up on what I call "the Biggest Loser" mentality.. Yes they lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. But it wasn't healthy. It's been proven over and over again. A simple Google search of "biggest Loser winners today" Ryan from season 1 for instance? Ryan was the show's first-ever winner and started at 300 pounds. He completed the season at 175 pounds, scoring a win and $250,000, according to Business Insider. However, quick weight loss usually isn't sustainable, and Ryan returned to his starting weight after the show. Thats just one......

This is not where we want to be. When doing your daily routine it is important to remember that you need change, BUT you need changes that are SUSTAINABLE.... eliminating one whole food group from your diet (Bread/Potatoes) is not sustainable, because one day you're gonna wake up and say "F***K this!! I like bread/potatoes, and then you quit..

Small Changes... Instead of a scoop of Potatoes? Try a tablespoon. and tell yourself it's a reward.
Finally, here's a tried and true secret: (You're welcome) Before any meal, especially a meal out drink a large glass of water. Yes..... BEFORE. This will "fill" you before you start on that big plate you just made or was served. On top of that? Make it COLD water. so your furnace will start burning cals.
#IBelieveInYou! #NoExcuses #FriendMeIfYouWant

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I'm all for small sustainable changes.

Potatoes were never a problem for me - it was the copious amounts of butter I had with them. Now I'm using EVOO with a strong (pleasant) taste and can use a lot less of than than butter. I do find potatoes filling.

I don't find products made from wheat flour very filling so do eat a lot less of them.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    Not sure I agree with all that Lee wrote and that's just fine - do your research. I do agree with him that small sustainable changes work. If having a small helping of potatoes helps you stay on track that's fine.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited August 2021
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    <snip>

Also clearly I don't know how to use the quote feature as I can't make my own comment not be a quote 🙃

To quote a comment, click on the "Quote" item at the bottom of the comment box. It will put the comment in quotes into your new comment box.

Look at the comment before you type anything. You will see [quote=" at the start of the quote, and [/quote] after the last word. Start a new line after the end quote and you can type your message without being caught in the "quote inside quote" issue.

To show just a part of a comment, you can delete anything between the begin/end quote symbols and type <snip> in it's place as you see above. That way people know there was more to the original comment that may or may not be relevant and can go back for more context.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    <snip>

Also clearly I don't know how to use the quote feature as I can't make my own comment not be a quote 🙃

To quote a comment, click on the "Quote" item at the bottom of the comment box. It will put the comment in quotes into your new comment box.

Look at the comment before you type anything. You will see [quote=" at the start of the quote, and
    after the last word. Start a new line after the end quote and you can type your message without being caught in the "quote inside quote" issue.

To show just a part of a comment, you can delete anything between the begin/end quote symbols and type <snip> in it's place as you see above. That way people know there was more to the original comment that may or may not be relevant and can go back for more context. [/quote]

Thanks, I do know this; however somehow my comment still ended up in a quote despite not appearing to actually be in the quote markup 😂
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Okay I think somewhere up the thread a bit of markup was removed or added... or there's a bug on my phone!