Serial Starters

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Has anyone ever beaten the "serial starters" and been able to follow through? I am so stinking tired of starting over!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Has anyone ever beaten the "serial starters" and been able to follow through? I am so stinking tired of starting over!

That is my plan this time...... 😬
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Happy Friday it has been a long week.

Only twice in my life have I known one of the Highways to close in the Sierra Nevada mountains and that was because of snow. This time they are closing it to help them with the huge fire in that area.

Lindsay the best piece of advice I got was never to stop trying when comes to weight.

Putting the kettle on for a nice cup of tea.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    pwomhvdhljye.jpeg
    *** August 21 ***

Good morning all~~

I can't believe I missed getting here yesterday. "Mount Vesuvius" has been active, and I've been busy trying learn from my lawyer's paralegal what is fact and what is fiction. Ugh. Ruins my days and steals my focus from taking care of myself well.

Today should be quiet, maybe.

Waving to all who stop by today 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good Evening,

Almost to 6k today wandered all over Wally World to find a shower chair and finally had to ask. Got more steps in though.

Lana is the Mount V your heartburn or you ex?? Consider the source and go flush the toilet if it helps. Hang in there and the "we have stupid people in our life" couch at the club is always available for chatting.

Our sun this morning was dark pink. Hope not to see red or not see the sun as that would not be good.

Diet is slowly improving - just glad I am trying.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    xk2058dt39w6.jpeg
    *** August 22 ***

Sara - "Mount Vesuvius" is the divorce in general. It's a long, long process, so there are often weeks when nothing happens, all is quiet, and I sort of forget about it. Then, all of a sudden, there are texts or emails from XDH, and it is upsetting.

I am glad that your sun is pink and not red. Also good to hear that you got all those steps in!! Big stores are a good place to walk when the weather is bad. And yours has been bad.
    Kick back and relax inside today. 🤗

OK, I've got "homework" to do for my meeting attorney tomorrow.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

263.2 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Monday, August 23.

I survived the Golf tournament. Now moving on to prep Rally Day. I could have worked on it yesterday, but I was lazy.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    wczvqbhfya56.jpeg
    *** August 23 ***

Good morning Tracy ☀️ Onward to Rally Day indeed~~

My challenge for the week is to get more exercise. I plan things, and then lazy-out of them.

Waves to all who stop by today 🌊

Lana

263.4 today
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    This weekend went okay. Few not perfect moments but I don't strive for perfect :)

I am going to try and do better about planning meals this week. I don't do well planning ahead for the whole week but going to try for the day before instead of staring into my fridge trying to decide what to make.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Lana - my knee is doing ok. I am walking on my own. Trying to get back to a normal gait. Still have a limp, although not alot of pain. Stiff. My back and other hip - that is where the pain is. From walking stupid I am sure :wink: Another Dr appt today, so we will see what he says. Thaks for asking
    Ladychronic- congrats! Very exciting. A tip - envision your dream- your dress, you looking fabulous in it and feeling great in it and being able to move and feel great. Keep that in front in your mind. Think that whenever tempted. Don't let that image go! You got this!
    Jamie - planning meals is so great when we do it! But to me it is very difficult as well. Never been good at it. Always jealous of the Sunday evening meal preppers :wink:
    Sara - good job on the improving diet. Heard all the air quality alerts around the western part of country. Good luck with all of that!
    Tracy - I am tired for you :smile: You must be very good at it. Attended a benefit yesterday and I was amazed what they all accomplished! Some people are so talented at that stuff.
    Waves to all - welcome to the newbies and the returners.

CW 193.8
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • nycirl2018
    nycirl2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Serial starter saying hello again as I restart my journey for the 100000000th time, after finally braving the scales last week and facing up to the fact that I’m morbidly obese, and I can’t hide from it anymore. I turn 30 this year and would really like to not be morbidly obese by then - for me that’s about 25 lbs away.

I’m F29, 5’7, 274 lbs and BMI 42.9. MFP has worked for me in the past (I used it the second last time I got down from the 270s into the 250s lol). I also know I need to force myself to reach out for support.
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @nycirl2018
    I'm a serial starter too!! I just re-started again last week. Just gotta take each day as it comes. I find I haven't be getting caught up in the details when it comes to tracking. Like when I search for my multigrain bread, I don't search for the exact brand I'm using and just track whatever first comes up.
    It's been helping my motivation and making things a little easier.
    I also have only been tracking my losses, and not tracking my weight if it's up. I just take a mental note and try to refocus on the next week.

Add me as a friend if you'd like :)

- Jordanna
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2021
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    This weekend went okay. Few not perfect moments but I don't strive for perfect :)

I am going to try and do better about planning meals this week. I don't do well planning ahead for the whole week but going to try for the day before instead of staring into my fridge trying to decide what to make.

Hey Jamie,

I have got a crazy question for you: you look SO much like someone who I follow on TikTok who has horses. Is that you?

As for the meal planning, for years it drove me crazy.
    Then I wrote out a weekly "Idea List" that I use for help:

Monday is pork tenderloin or chops (something cheap); Tuesday is cheap shrimp or close to it; Wednesday is Italian/Greek; Thursday is chicken leftovers?; Friday is beef (lean, healthy); Saturday is Salmon Day; Sunday is Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Fill up the fridge and freezer with some fruits and lots of vegetables, and you are good to go!
  • nycirl2018
    nycirl2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks so much ❤️ Someone said to me today, well done on having the courage to try again. And that helped shift my mind set from feeling ashamed to going, yeah you know what this did take guts.
    @nycirl2018
    I'm a serial starter too!! I just re-started again last week. Just gotta take each day as it comes. I find I haven't be getting caught up in the details when it comes to tracking. Like when I search for my multigrain bread, I don't search for the exact brand I'm using and just track whatever first comes up.
    It's been helping my motivation and making things a little easier.
    I also have only been tracking my losses, and not tracking my weight if it's up. I just take a mental note and try to refocus on the next week.

Add me as a friend if you'd like :)

- Jordanna

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

New a/c thermostat put in and it is very new fangled - something else new to learn.

Doing better step wise than yesterday Sunday is a quiet day for me on purpose but the air quality is not worth being outside and I can only walk in circles so long.

Nice cup of tea and then lights out.

Hang in there. Stay safe and sane.
  • LanaCabana537
    xooafhj5yc28.jpeg
    *** August 24 ***

Hey All~

Just getting us started!

BBL

Lana
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    It's so true!! I takes a huge mindset shift to just open the app in the first place. To recommit yourself to your health. I've been struggling with my weight since I was a kid, but this time around things are different. I decided I'm not going to track my food at all, and just track my exercise and just be part of the community. I feel that I need to enjoy my weight loss journey, and that means not tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I was not enjoying that. So I'm going to be a part of the community, and support my friends, and just be mindful of what I eat. No more late night snacking, drink lots of water, exercise daily. Small goals that will hopefully in turn lead me through weight loss. I'm not even going to weigh myself every week, or get caught up in the numbers.

I truly feel motivated this time, and can't wait to get started.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Eye apt went well and Dr is happy about the slow or non progress of the ailments I will have eventually as anyone gets older. Did not get ice cream or doughnuts to celebrate but I am having a little cup of flan.

Only problem with getting eyes dilated is that the only thing one can really do is take a nap afterwards. Again not a huge problem and maybe that is the best way to spend a half day off.....

To coat tail onto Joanna's (boy am I hoping I have your name right) wonderful post. I am making more of my food - in that it is not pre made ready to microwave/add water. I have 2 chicken breasts that I will find something to do with tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night. Stay sane and safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    yhswegh5dd35.jpeg
    *** August 25th ***

Good morning Ladies 👋🏻

Jordanna, I LOVE your approach. It makes sense.
    For a long time now, I have been writing my meals in a journal book. Sometimes I use the book to plan/dream ahead a bit, in pencil. That can help with grocery shopping.
    I find that my weight loss is in the grocery cart. I eat out/get takeout rarely, so it's all about what's in the cart and how much is in my mouth each meal.
    Your plan of tracking your exercise is excellent, because I do think it's good to have some sort of daily account/history. Grab Max and go!!!

Sara - that is great news from the eye doctor. I'm happy for you. Also good going with the choice of treat.

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Missy (how is your foot?) and Maureen and Runa and everyone else who pops in today.

This morning I'm walking with the ladies.....in the heat....and the humidity. Wilt.

Lana

262.8 today
    271.2 highest
    247.0 🦃 goal - Yikes! Exactly 3 months to Thanksgiving, the 25th this year!