Replies

• laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 148.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 148.0

Looks like I've worked out my maintenance calories 😂 I've given up trying to loose another 5lbs this week. I'll be happy to maintain another few weeks and then cut for 4-6 weeks between now and Christmas to get another few pounds off. Calorie wise where I'm at feels good and sustainable long term. Don't feel like I'm being deprived at getting to enjoy the odd meal out and a small amount of chocolate or sweet every day.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 2,996 Member
    I think this deserves a solid round of applause, @laurad1978 ! Sometimes the body speaks and we must listen. Even if it doesn't seem to be speaking our language. And if you can maintain here that is a major accomplishment. Hopefully that will make the cut a bit easier too - because you can sneak it in and catch your metabolism all nice and relaxed!

I was displeased with my progress this week - because despite being exceptionally good on the calories in and exercise, I have gained the last several days. I know all the possible reasons - but it is still a bit disheartening.

But then when I checked in here and saw where I was at last week's Wednesday weigh in (before the scale took a big dip toward the end of the week) and now I feel a whole heck of a lot better.

Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 177
    This weeks weigh-in: 174.6
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 595 Member
    I haven't even weighed myself this week! 😳
    I think I have also found my maintenance level, so kinda just going with that for now. We are in a tight lockdown at the moment too, so I am a bit out of my usual routine and just am going with the flow and with the family eating patterns in the absence of all the external committments.

My main focus at the moment is keeping up regular exercise, good sleep routines, and things like drinking water.

Feeling happy with my progress today anyway: put on a workout top this morning that I got at the start of the year. Let's just say it was not particularly flattering when I got it 😉, but I felt quite comfortable in it today, and not self-conscious about how it fit.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis that's a brilliant result this week for you 😊
    Nice to see we're all still hanging on in there and 6 months later were all still moving in the right direction.

@jo_nz hope your lockdown is sharp and short. I think I'll loose my mind if we go into another one as we come into our winter. Our case numbers are up, but hospital and ICU aren't seeing the same increases as before with the vaccine uptake keeping people out of hospital.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 148.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 146.2

Good week this week, lots of exercise as we got the last burst of summer weather. Also booked a holiday for next year 🤞there are no more covid restrictions. Its 10 days paddel boarding and camping around the fjords in Norway. That will keep me on track with fitness over the winter 😂...... Its about 5 years since I had more than a few days holiday so it long overdue.
  • lauriekallis
    Oh, @laurad1978 , that holiday sounds so good I could cry. (The result of too long locked away from everything!) I love the idea of a next year goal to keep active over the winter. Hmmm.... And congrats on a great week! You must be feeling pretty wonderful.

I'm not afraid to ch eck in this week.

Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 174.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 173.8

Woohoo....on the right slope again.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis I know I needed to get a holiday in the diary to stop me from crying, the thoughts of heading into another winter 😢

Great to see you on the downward slope again you must be delighted.
  • lauriekallis
    I am indeed somewhere near delighted. lol. Being human, of course I think the recent strict deficit and walking routine should have earned me a greater loss...but nah. Didn't work that way this time around. So I'm happy. And optimistic. Delighted will be next week! :D
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 150.1 Aug 26, 2021 (was that the prior week of 8/19 too)
    Current 153.7 Sept 2, 2021
    Gain 3.6
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

My gain wasn't a problem. I went out of town for a few days and planned to indulge and I certainly did. Had all the cheese fries, pizza, ice cream, seafood, vodka, and tequila I could ask for. And of course I tracked it all (what I could remember, I mentioned the vodka right, haha). I got back late on Wednesday so my Thursday weigh in had all the sodium bloat with the extra calories. I since weighed in (unofficially) and it's all gone and then some so this Thursday the 9th I should be below 150 finally (been stuck in the 150s since early July). Looking forward to that for sure as that is my home stretch to maintenance.

Goal for this week then is to see 149.# on Thursday morning!!!!!!!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 146.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 149.6

🥴 Well that was quick. Came down sick on Sunday and am on antibiotics since monday. Surprised at how quick it has shot up because of medication, even though im not eating much.
    Just to add I only weighed myself out of interest this morning, obviously don't care about weight or diet this week.
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2021
    Amazing how our bodies respond to illness. Yours is clearly doing its job (whatever exactly that is!). Hope you are back to feeling great very soon.

Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 173.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 171.6

:)
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis brilliant the downward trend continues, you must be delighted.
  • lauriekallis
    Full out delighted this week! :D
  • FitByFifty1970
    @lauriekallis nice job!
    @laurad1978 I'm guessing if you're ill it is a lot of fluid retention. good to let your body heal!
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 153.7 Sept 2, 2021
    Current 148.3 Sept 9, 2021
    Loss 5.4
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

Got rid of the gain from vacation as expected and more so I'm firmly in the 140s....finally! I got into the 150s on July 1st and really wanted 140s by Sept 1 but it wasn't happening. I also wasn't going to kill myself to make it happen, still ate my pizza and drank my booze on the weekends, plus a vacation in July and August for a few days each. I am surprised I'm low 148s so I'm riding high today. I have under 10 pounds to go so I'm in the best mood. I am very hopeful I'll hit the 130s by Halloween but if not definitely by Thanksgiving.
    Not scale related but I guess I"m a medium now. I have been in Medium t-shirts and my bathing top and bottom (all different brands) were Mediums but thought the Medium was because of how US clothes increased in fabric as we got fatter as a nation but the sizing stayed the same t to handle our fragile egos. But, my boyfriend found an old fringe jacket from the 90s from his mom and it's a Medium and it fit. That's a mind blowing thing to deal with.

Tonight is out for gyros for dinner and Saturday is pizza and drinking so next Thursday's goal will be small. Say a half-pound? I will be fine with 147.9 though, or even will be good. Have a great week!
  • laurad1978
    @FitByFifty1970 wow that's a brilliant loss for you this week. Great attitude towards weekends and social events too. Can I ask do you do a lot of exercise to allow for the extra Kcal or just let it even out?

I'd love to eventually be hitting somewhere in the 130's, even 139.9 😂 but not sure I will go that low. I'll think I'll need to be happy to settle just below 145.
  • FitByFifty1970
    @laurad1978 I only walk a few miles a day and don't pay attention to what the calories burned says. Such lies, lol. I do it to have some cardio and so when I unexpectedly go to an Irish festival and walk for hours I'm physically able too (yea, did that last night). At 145 for my height my BMI will be normal so I'm really excited for that too. But yea, 13#.# is the life goal, as I see it hitting high 130s I'll cut back, if I see 14#.# I'll really cut back so the next week is back in line. That will allow me vacation bloat and fun food and whatever. This is hard though. Not as much fun and no WOW drops. I'm trying to make a game for myself. Nit sure how to do it. I'll figure it out. Good luck!!!!!
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 35 Member
    Great job ladies!! So proud of each of you!

It’s been super busy at work so just trying to maintain logging on my page at the moment so apologies for not being active on here. September is usually the month the up creep begins and continues through all the holidays! Determined to change that once and for all. Even maintaining during Sep-Dec is progress for me, although I’d love to see some wooshes! Still working on prepping and portioning but allowing some treats so I don’t feel deprived. Also taking things one meal at a time and being kind to myself in this journey and remembering to be flexible because it’s not about perfection...

HW 270
    CW 161.5
    GW 145-ish

Current mini goal is to get to 159.9 by Oct 1.

Have a great week ladies! 🌻
  • lauriekallis
    Great accomplishment, @NouveauRee! 5 pounds since you last posted here. There is no doubt in my mind that you can achieve your Oct 1 mini goal! No matter how busy you are - you have to stop in and let us now.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 149.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 146.8

Finally the bloat is subsiding, being careful what I eat the past few days but making sure it's enough to fuel exercise. Can really feel the effects antibiotics and being sick is having on my training. Which is good in a way as before I just wouldn't have been as aware..... I must have just felt a bit crappy all the time 😂

Setting a mini goal of being comfortably under 145 by the end of October. I know that seems minimal but we shall see.