40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 237/365
    Body: 95/120
    Heart: 9/15
    Mind: 10% complete

Push and pull days completed within 12 hours of each other (one after work, the next before work the following day).
  • nossmf
    Hey kids,
    Am I still allowed to hang out here since I turned 50? 😆

Age is just a number. Most mornings I wake up still believing I'm 24... until I actually start to move, and my body reminds me I'm actually 44... lol.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    So after a wonderful 2 week vacation I was back to working out for a week (feeling a little fluffy!), then finally got the tattoo I booked for March and now off another week. Very much looking forward to working out on Saturday!
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    I'm 40 and looking,for friends my age that can hold me accountable.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hiking with hounds today. We are all pooped.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,898 Member
    Lifting today.
  • wooflee90
    wooflee90 Posts: 6 Member
    Out of curiosity, for you walkers, what’s your time? Right now I’m only at 15-16 min mile with quite a lot of incline (outdoors). Heart rate is up so that’s a good thing. Would like to improve but running would surely make me pass out. :)

15 minutes per mile is 4.0 miles per hour. That's a fast walk for most people, especially with incline. If I go much over 4.0, I find myself almost jogging.
  • funkymommy5
    funkymommy5 Posts: 1 Member
    Needing some inspiration and found this group. Looking forward to walking alongside you all!
    I'm 47, love hitting the gym, but working full-time and going back to school is kicking my butt.
    Goals:
    Body: Lose the 15lbs I've gained during Covid.
    Mind: Take the time necessary to study and feel confident in my courses so I can achieve my professional goals.
    Heart and soul: Put my phone away - spend time with family and friends instead of Netflix.
    It's rather humbling to put this out here for everyone to read. Seems simple, but it has been a challenge. Maybe just putting it out there will be what it takes to take control.
  • SEmerson53
    SEmerson53 Posts: 3 Member
    hi every one
  • HrRoses76
    HrRoses76 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi everyone! I found a home :wink: ! I am 44 (will be 45 at the end of this year). I have 3 grown children and an almost 1 year old. I was at my goal weight 4 months after having my baby, but gained 20-25 pounds from alot of factors. Fitting in exercise is hard when working full time and caring for a baby, house, etc.

My goal is to stay consistent with my exercise, 4-5 days per week and to keep tracking all foods that I eat.
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 246/365
    Body: 98/120
    Heart: 10/15

In the last week, I've hit the gym three times plus had a date night with my wife.
  • kimhartley
    kimhartley Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning! I’m back after a break from MFP. I’m 46, and have a 20 and 18 year old. I have always done the low calorie life when I needed to lose weight. My weight has been up and down my whole life. I’m so sick of it. The last few years I tried Keto. I lost/gained on Keto. It enjoyed it, but felt like it was too restrictive for me. So, here I am. I’m trying the old fashioned calorie counting. It’s worked for me before and hoping it will again. Any support or motivation from anyone will be appreciated! I need to lose 35 pounds. I’m ready to stick to this.
  • iolaanne05
    iolaanne05 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello Im 41 and just coming back from a MFP break. In the past I lost weight with this APP and KETO, but a its been a few years and my weight is back. I undecided on my diet at this time, so just counting calories until I get a real plan in order. Most of my exercise is in the form of walking. My goal is to lose weight by my birthday in FEB!
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 251/365
    Body: 100/120

Leg Day A and Push Day B complete.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 252/365
    Body: 101/120

Pull Day B complete.
  • anshol
    anshol Posts: 1 Member
    Turning 40 this October. And here I am ! Feels like family :)
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 258/365
    Body: 103/120

Deadlift Day and Push Day A complete.

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    I'm just happy to be alive 😊
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 265/365
    Body: 107/120

Pull Day A, Squat Day, Push Day B and Pull Day B completed since last update.
  • pinkcamo319
    pinkcamo319 Posts: 25 Member
    Sounds like a good plan.

What kind of novels do you write?