What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Felt good enough today (and normal enough) to do a harder workout. Since I'm just feeling better, I'm avoiding the gym. Did rowing intervals 500m/6 minutes rest X 6 with supersets between. Enough to get HR up to 91% max on the last couple of reps. Around 700 calories in 50 some minutes.

First harder workout in around 11 days. Felt fine throughout. Fingers crossed that Covid is in the rear mirror for me.

Good to see this post. Back to the rower!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2021
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Felt good enough today (and normal enough) to do a harder workout. Since I'm just feeling better, I'm avoiding the gym. Did rowing intervals 500m/6 minutes rest X 6 with supersets between. Enough to get HR up to 91% max on the last couple of reps. Around 700 calories in 50 some minutes.

First harder workout in around 11 days. Felt fine throughout. Fingers crossed that Covid is in the rear mirror for me.

Good to see this post. Back to the rower!

Thank you. Feels good to feel good! I hope your stomach bug is quick. I would hate to see anything derail all of your hard training!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Dipped my toe back in today, post surgery. (Yes, within medically approved timeline - I usually follow orders, but especially so when vision is at stake.)

Took a super gentle bike ride, low cadence, easy gears, slow pace, lots of coasting (which I usually avoid). Had been thinking in terms of 10 miles to ease in, ended up at 14mi, 10.2mph average moving pace, on the usual hybrid bike.

Helping me take it easy: Temps in the lower 90s F (30s C), "feels like" temp 100 F (37+ C) or higher because of humidity. Nearly all Z1/Z2 per Garmin, only 3' a little bit into Z3 on mild hills on the way home - very controlled. Road to the trail still has lots of loose gravel on the outer edges, the very narrow supposed bike lane, which is annoying. At least now more has stabilized where the cars mostly are, so not as much dust/debris kicked up as they pass.

Seemed OK. Probably row in the morning, if it doesn't storm. (Storming here now.)

Thanks for healing wishes sent my way - I'm sure it helps. 🙂
  • Djproulx
    Trainer ride on the patio tonight. Chance for more acclimation to the heat and humidity. 1:12:00 Sweet Spot stepdown workout, dropping power output while raising cadence. Goal is to maintain power and not bounce in the saddle at higher cadences (105& rpms)

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Morning ride - 16.67 miles, 13.7 mph avg, 73 minutes.
    From yesterday - thru the day did 100 push-ups and 75 squats (broken onto groups of 20/15 per set). Will be doing the same thing thru the day today as well. May throw a couple of planks in the mix as well.
  • nsmm80
    nsmm80 Posts: 2 Member
    Did a virtual workout class from Camp Gladiator - kicked my butt but a really well-rounded routine!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Rowed this morning, bow in the double, about 7k as usual.

I let my rowing buddies carry my boat, which is a concession ego-wise, but I'm not sure I can get the double out of the water or in/out of the low rack it's on under other boats, without violating my "don't bend down with head below waist" order. I can low-squat pretty well, but not necessarily reach out sideways far enough from that position to pick up the boat while keeping my head up. Sigh. I'll give that another row or two, then try it. Pretty sure I can carry one end of a single: They're much lighter, don't "stick to the water" as much when picking them up from there, either.

The row will be it for today.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Yesterday after work was push day (chest, shoulders, tris), today before work was pull day (pullups, rows, shrugs, curls). Been a long time since I hit the gym twice in under 24 hours, hitting it hard both times, and I'm feeling it now!
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Totally slacked off today and now calling it a rest day :#
  • MikePfirrman
    Almost an hour today of cardio. 5K on the rower, then around 30 minutes on the LateralX. Kept HR controlled except for a brief time on the rower.
  • suzleigh1
    suzleigh1 Posts: 19 Member
    55 minutes (incl warm up/cool down) resistance bands, abs, and bike. Doesn’t sound like much, but its a lot for me at 62, obese, and former couch potato. Tomorrow, kettle bell, abs, floor exercises and bike.
  • MikePfirrman
    suzleigh1 wrote: »
    55 minutes (incl warm up/cool down) resistance bands, abs, and bike. Doesn’t sound like much, but its a lot for me at 62, obese, and former couch potato. Tomorrow, kettle bell, abs, floor exercises and bike.

Any day you chose health over sitting on a couch is a huge accomplishment. I've shared this before on here, but I started my health journey never, ever liking cardio. I blew out my knee, couldn't walk for 2 years, and was morbidly obese at 41. Told I could really stand a knee replacement but was too young at that time (technology has gotten much better since then, but at that time they only lasted 15 years, so I was too young for the doc).

I literally started with one revolution at a time on the Stationary Bike. And I mean one. And then bearing weight. Not walking. Just standing. At my biggest (around 260). One step at a time, over 15 or so years, working out consistently every single day I can brought me to where I am today. Also never wanting to go back to that guy that was miserable, prediabetic and could barely walk.

So today and any day you chose your health is a major day!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Tuesday
    I worked long hours, so all I had time for in the end was a 6 mile walk.

Wednesday
    I had 15 minutes free over lunch, so I threw a kettlebell around a bit, doing 3 sets of 5 (goblet squat) and 100 swings with a 24k kettlebell.

I went for a climb in the evening for about 100 minutes. This started well, but ended poorly. I guess I got pumped.
  • Djproulx
    Slow paced open water swim tonight. Lake water temp was perfect. Covered 2800 yards in 63minutes.
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Been keeping up with daily workout routines. Just been slacking on posting them.

Alternating afternoon pool time one day with morning floor exercise & yoga the next day.

Day 1 PM swim and water yoga
    Day 2 AM floor exercise and yoga
    Day 3 PM swim and water yoga
    Day 4 rest .. rinse.. repeat😁

Today is rest day(although.. i dont think i sat down even once at work).. One more week of classroom prep to go, then it's game on!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Morning ride - 16.81 miles, 13.6 mph avg, 73 minutes.
    Yesterday's body weight workouts - 80 push-ups, 60 squats, 1 minute plank.
  • Djproulx
    Easy paced 55minute run this morning.

Only one month remains until race day. Light workouts this week, since Saturday will be a race simulation day. Saturday will start with an early morning open water swim, then a longish bike ride (5-6hours) then a run. Purpose is to see how well I'll be able to ride while carrying fatigue from the swim.
  • dethstar77
    Due to the slacking off yesterday did a 2 mile run before bootcamp and evening will go to badminton
  • Djproulx
    dethstar77 wrote: »
    Due to the slacking off "rest day" yesterday did a 2 mile run before bootcamp and evening will go to badminton

typo fixed. ;)
  • dethstar77
    Djproulx wrote: »
    dethstar77 wrote: »
    Due to the slacking off "rest day" yesterday did a 2 mile run before bootcamp and evening will go to badminton

typo fixed. ;)

:D:D:D

Thank you @Djproulx