Weight No More - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    ~~ August Week Four ~~

Hi folks! Welcome to our final week of August. I can't believe this month has moved so quickly, that this year is nearly 2/3 over, that it's been so long since I've been comfortable in a large group of people (have I ever? :confused: )

Quick Update on Me:

My birthday is this Saturday. I'm turning 26, for those curious. Yes, I'm young, I know.

I've got a very busy weekend ahead of me: dinner with a friend on Friday night, waking up early to workout on Saturday morning, followed by a shower, a blowout, a quick small lunch, and then off to a wedding. It will be nice to have a reason to get dressed up, look nice, eat food and drink alcohol I didn't have to pay for, and distract myself from the fact that 26 is, biologically, the average age when your cells start dying faster than they regenerate, which means I'm officially aging, according to science.

It doesn't really bother me that I'm getting older. But just thinking about what's happening in my body on a cellular level is a little disconcerting. At least my cells are much happier than they were four years (and 60 lbs) ago.

And now for why you're really here...

~ Miles and Miles (or Kilometers and Kilometers) ~

Our powerful team of 10 steppers traversed a total of 502,156 steps, which equates to 55,449 per person. Given multiple of our steppers mentioned that this week was harder than most, this is impressive - I was honestly expecting a good 100k steps less.

The Leaderboard:

More than 10k per day:

annliz23 - 74,224 total | 10,603 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    lennoncpa - 71,796 total | 10,257 average
    kandi3570 - 71,020 total | 10,146 average

More than 4k per day:

ljdanny - 64,713 total | 9,245 average
    rachelrjh - 55,000 total | 7,857 average
    Gmcgovern41 - 52,332 total | 7,476 average
    sandielewis2001 - 51,645 total | 7,378 average
    Antiopelle - 42,771 total | 6,110 average
    pacsnc6 - 40,587 total | 5,798 average - Most Consistent!
    dbrinkmeyer - 30,400 total | 4,343 average

got-up-this-morning-and-ran-around.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    edited August 2021
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @tripletblessed :)
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Well I'm supposed to weigh in today but when I stepped on the scale nothing happened. Apparently I need new batteries. Ill try and get some on my way home today!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Kaken21 wrote: »
    Well I'm supposed to weigh in today but when I stepped on the scale nothing happened. Apparently I need new batteries. Ill try and get some on my way home today!

Sounds good, just get me a number before Sunday.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited August 2021
    Welcome aboard, @tripletblessed ! I'm Ashley, one of the two co-captains here with @melaniedscott . If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of us. We're happy to have you here!

minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Four

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 174 (August 20th)
    CW (Current Weight): 170.4 (August 25th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 63.6 lbs

The injury bloat is gone! This is the whoosh I've been waiting for. Let's see if this loss survives through my birthday weekend - I fully anticipate treating myself more than normal, even if I attempt to have self control.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm Woohoo! I'm looking forward to a whoosh of my own at Monday's weigh in.

Got back from traveling last night. Trying to work, order groceries, meal plan, work out...all that good stuff. I normally do meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prep on Sundays so this has really thrown me off time-wise this week.

Welcome to the team @tripletblessed !
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member heading your way ......Please welcome @pooja_mittal :)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Welcome new team members.

Went to my new weight loss doctor today. I really liked them. Hoping they can help. They set me up with a nutritionist but when I saw her name I realized she was someone I saw years ago who didnt help me at all. So the dr said they have 4 others I can see. The 2 receptionists were offended because I wouldn't see her but the dr said not everyone is a perfect fit for someone. They also want me to try some meds, I told them my insurance wont cover them, she wants to see how much they cost anyway cuz she will fight them on it. I dont care about meds, I just need to really be held accountable and guided in my choices. My work is shut down this week for covid so I am only working part time, I am getting out to get a walk in early in the morning. I could get used to this.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Look at me weighing (or reporting weight) on the right day!
    I really needed the vacation time.
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Starting Weight: 159
    Previous weight: 147.4
    Current weight: 146.2

My August has been crazy with the birthdays. Grandbaby 3 was born on the 11th. My niece and grandbaby 1 had birthdays on the 23rd, turning 30 and 2, respectively. My boyfriend turned 55 on the 24th.
    Next month, my sister-in-law and her husband will both be 52 on the 10th. My son will be 27 on the 17th. Another niece will be 22 on the 18th. My boyfriend's son will be 26 on the 24th.
    October is just my grandson's birthday. He will be 1 on the 21st.
    November comes in with 4 more birthdays. My twins will be 25 on the 14th. On the 20th, my sister will be 50, and I will be 49. (Yes. Same day).
    We muddle through the holidays, and then wait for the arrival of grandbaby 4 sometime in February.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    weigh in Thursday
    pw: 162
    cw: 161.5

Surprised because I ate too much salty stuff yesterday.
    Tomorrow morning I am supposed to have a PET scan but it's on hold because insurance denied it. Probably because I had a CT scan ten days ago.
    Saturday we are going to hike in Morrow Mountain State Park. Will be our second time there - hoping for good weather - cooler than here in Durham anyway. Sunday is our 51st anniversary and we just need to get away from here for a day of leisurely walking in beautiful scenery.
    Had my hearing tested yesterday and will be getting hearing aids in about two weeks. Maybe I can better understand/hear what my husband mumbles about (that's the way I hear it now anyway)
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    August Week Four
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 208.4 (August 12th)
    CW (Current Weight): 206.0 (August 26th)

I am happy that I continue to see movement in the right direction 65 lbs lost since January! My original goal was to get below 200 by the end of the year and I am now hoping to do that in September.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2021
    Gmcgovern41 - Greg
    Aug week 4
    Thursday weigh in day
    PW 249.4
    CW 247
    2.4 lbs loss this week
    5.4 lbs loss for Aug
    13.6 lbs loss since peak weight
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member joining you ... Please welcome @SusanofRockwood :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    amw5snpo3aau.png
  • Gmcgovern41
    edited August 2021
    Another new member joining you ... Please welcome @SusanofRockwood :)

Welcome to the group @SusanofRockwood! Lots of great people here.
  • Gmcgovern41
    edited August 2021
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Welcome new team members.

Went to my new weight loss doctor today. I really liked them. Hoping they can help. They set me up with a nutritionist but when I saw her name I realized she was someone I saw years ago who didnt help me at all. So the dr said they have 4 others I can see. The 2 receptionists were offended because I wouldn't see her but the dr said not everyone is a perfect fit for someone. They also want me to try some meds, I told them my insurance wont cover them, she wants to see how much they cost anyway cuz she will fight them on it. I dont care about meds, I just need to really be held accountable and guided in my choices. My work is shut down this week for covid so I am only working part time, I am getting out to get a walk in early in the morning. I could get used to this.

Check out lumen and hack your metabolism. It measures your breath, determines if you are burning fat or carbs and then plans your macro mix and calories for the day. It seems to be working so far.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member

Kaj848
    Aug week 4
    Thursday weigh in
    PW 156.8
    CW 157.2
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 138.6
    Current weight: 137.8
    Steps: 74,200
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm happy birthday. My birthday was last Monday and I turned 66. We are 40 years apart and so close in our connection here! Thank you for all you do and have a wonderful birthday 🎊🎉
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Good morning! What a great group! Last challenge I joined….crickets! This morning so much welcoming!, do I transfer my stats here I guess?

Weight now 152
    Goal weight 145
    Top weight 165 ( lost 30 2014. Settled in at between 140-145. Kept it off until the pandemic wine binge)
    Weigh in Wednesdays ( because hubby leaves for golf and I can get weighed in peace)
    I rarely go over 10,000 steps but I take DDPY classes 5 days a week and am a bike rider
This discussion has been closed.