Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Maybe it was Moroccan seasoned….I didn’t eat the skin anyway lol….but it was good….John and I ate the entire chicken but it wasn’t very big….tasted really good…..I had to go to 3 grocery stores today and with the weather so hot, I was exhausted…..one more trip in the morning and I am done for a few days!….baking blueberry coffee cake or muffins tomorrow for the rest of the bunch and a trip to the pool…burgers for dinner thurs. nite….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited August 2021
    I apologize: Sausan wasn't feeling photogenic so I'm not including her and Abdalbari!

And if you guys make fun of my ears (or the "new" hear-cut) we're gonna have words!

Told ya I was **kittened** in terms of calories today...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6GmBx6KDYquZ6Qqj6

Link doesn't seemed to work out of mfp on my phone, though working when I put it directly on the phone and now that I'm testing it on the computer! :confused: I'm including the expanded one anway...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNKiW-tPX9y_eZenlstXKFRcenCUA20nZLvVhHkLwuyV8TWZ-GS1iuVtDX8JRaE_A?key=SnE5eEdRdlBEdk5vbGwzbUhqVzhtV1U1aEU0QWtn

Connie: I see you're getting the preparing ahead of time bug... I'm impressed!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    I follow.

But the ebbs and flow of the glycogen stores and plain old "between the cells" water is hard on the spirit.

I've spent the last 8 months trying to navigate this territory and haven't made any real progress. The next step seems to be to get out of this "moderate" deficit plan (loosely aiming for the 1600 a day calorie range) and back to the level where I was actively losing weight (1200ish a day) to get out of this rollercoaster groove. Both of those "plans" included occasional days of maintenance level eating - big eating life days happen and I welcome those days. :)

A consistent drop in weight (and I don't mean every day - but at least a consistent downward trend because even my trendweight graph has taken on rollercoaster curves) fueled my determination to stay on track. It seemed to even silence the squeaky wheel hamsters a bit. Perhaps it will again.

Otherwise, the question is creeping into my mind, "have I reached my final weight." Because these past eight months of unsuccessfully battling to achieve weight loss have been really stressful. If I had been aiming for maintenance it they would have been a success and not have felt so much like a losing battle most days.

But, I'm not quite ready to accept this as my final weight yet.

So I'm looking to find the "chainsaw weight loss freeway" on-ramp. And when I find it, I know I have to mostly stay in the left lane until I reach my destination. Rest stops are okay. I will grudgingly accept any detours that come up. But I have to give up on sightseeing excursions for the next few months if I really want to achieve my "let's see if losing more of my subcutaneous fat will help to tighten up my skin" goal weight of 150.

Where is that ramp????????

Thank goodness the stores are open again - cause momma's going to need some new jeans when the mercury finally drops!

• amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    I recently came across a dietician on YouTube, I think her name is Abbey Sharp, and have been gleaning little tidbits from her videos. Not all of her advice is stuff I agree with (for example, she implies that using a food scale means you're trapped in a miserable diet) but some of her intuitive eating strategies have given me good food for thought. Her big thing is to have each meal contain the "hunger crushing combo" of fiber+protein+healthy fats. I've been tweaking some of my meals to better fit that formula and hopefully it gives me a boost of staying power so I can quit maintaining and get back to losing!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,581 Member
    An 1,800 calorie day today because I cycled 20+ kms and walked for 90 mins.

So my day unfolded as follows:

Breakfast: The usual - 70g multigrain toast with 20 Pip and Nut Peanut Butter and 2 mugs builder's tea
    Elevensies: Half a small bakewell tart
    Lunch: Small portion of homemade pasta bake (homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, spianata calabrese, cherry tomatoes) with a rainbow mixed salad
    Mid-afternoon (pre-ride): A banana
    Dinner: Homemade beef chilli and basmati rice
    Snack: 30g roasted & salted split yellow peas; two dates

Yummy.
  • Tonight we are having General Tso's pork with white rice and mixed Asian stir-fry vegetables.

Tomorrow I am doing a lot of food prep. I have a pork loin to cut up so that I can bread lots of pieces of pork and fry them. Then I will have bags of pork pieces in the fridge for this sort of thing. Also I have some catfish nuggets to flour so they can freeze seasoned and then be battered and fried for fish fry night. (I'm not fond of fish, so I have shrimp instead.) I need to make more rice pilaf and bag it up. Somehow having two people eating it rather than one makes it go faster, how 'bout that? (grin)

Heat is making my life much more difficult. I cannot wait for this time next month, when things should be much more liveable.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    cat fish for the cats :) shrimp for the win!

I gnawed on a corn on the cob from yesterday while thinking about boiling water (153g! I cut off some 74g fresh onions in a pyrex while boiling the water. I added some garlic powder (4g). Grabbed the pack of shin lite noodle soup... put it down and opened the pack of Betty Crocker Garlic Mash! :lol:

Poured water over the onions... added potato flakes 108.5g.... vigorously stirred. Added 100g of Oikos 0% Greek.... nuked for 1 minute... oh yummies for the tummies!!!!!

<burp> (trying to make it sound as exciting as all of you make everything sound... but I think it's not working!!!)
  • lauriekallis
    Yummies for the tummies? Cat fish for the cats :) shrimp for the win??

You make everything sound pretty fantastic. Until I guess I think about those potatoes....lol...maybe I need to try it?!

I'm having my green bean/zuchinni noodle pasta dinner finally! Veggie meat balls too! Mozzarella and parmigianno. MMMMM.

Thank goodness it was pasta sauce I pulled out of the freezer, not chili.

Eating right now as I read all these posts (I know - a bad idea - focus should be on enjoying my meal. But. I enjoy it more when I'm reading the posts!).
  • conniewilkins56
    Laurie if it had been chili, would you have added it anyway?….ok here is another fun food fact from Connies kitchen:…. When I fix my plate and johns for dinner ( yes, I plate his food because he is moving so slow it is easier to just do it for him)… I arrange our food exactly the same on the plates except his portions might be larger….I also have a 24 piece set of Fiesta Ware ( I had 12 but inherited my moms ) and I have never eaten off of the yellow or green plates!….food just looks icky on green or yellow….the service has a yellow,green, and blue serving bowl….I use the yellow one for peas….the green for corn and the blue for mashed potatoes!….I think I am losing it!
  • PAV8888
    Laurie Alexandra was the cat with the shrimp, not me.... me I was just "talking up" my betty crocker! :lol:

Connie.... Connie.... we DO love you :heart: <--- psst.... anybody found where her food plating hamster is hiding? Someone ought to have a talk with that guy, maybe get him a vacation somewhere a bit colder... all the heat is going to his head!!! :wink:

So I just read a post "idea" in the main forums where @springlering62 mixes sugar free jello and a bit of water in her 0% greek YOGURT... and fluffs it up!!!! <-- I think I want to try this!!!!
  • Oh, I don't let my cats have any of the human food. I don't say that if you put your plate on the couch and walked away for 20 minutes someone might not give it a try, but they know we don't feed them from the table or the counter, so they just leave us alone, and it's much better that way. I've had cats who begged and cats who would steal the meat out of your sandwich if you took your hand off it long enough to have a drink. (Funny thing was, she'd never gone hungry a day in her life....she was just...very food-motivated.) We have a funny story about that one and oranges.

I plate our family's food too, because usually we don't eat at the table. Boyfriend has a bad back and so normally he eats in his recliner, and we all tend to eat at our computers. And with my chronic pain, there's really no reason to make extra dishes. And I don't make extra food, either. My portioning's pretty tight. I got in that habit when I was poor, and it's still good sense now.
  • lauriekallis
    I can't tell you all how much I love you and this group. It has been a wonderful but taxing day - and just to stop in here at the end and read everyone's posts sends me to bed with a great big smile.

Connie - I would have put the chili on cauliflower rice instead of the green beans! On a white plate because that is all I have (might think about changing colours now!) You have lost lots of it ... :)

PAV - I know you weren't feeding shrimps to the cats, cause Sky is a dog - but your words made it all sound wonderful!

Alexandra - I love your response!

Oh my.

I didn't hardly walk today - maybe that is why I'm kinda goofy brained. Or perhaps its the freakin' heat!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    So last night I did try the sugar free Jell-O added to 0% Greek. Used half a box 5g and about 225g tap water. To a 500g partial yogurt.

Wasn't willing to wait, so used the freezer. Orange is probably not the best choice for me though it wasn't terrible. It did become fluffy creamy moose like.

Not a great success but will attempt again with other flavors and maybe some patience
  • lauriekallis
    Thanks for the report, PAV. Today I'm going to pick up some of the fat free pudding and pop it in the freezer. Can't wait to have it tomorrow. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Salad,small ribeyes,roasted potatoes…..that’s dinner tonight….
  • PAV8888
    Connie .... you're so..... conventional LMFAO 😂

Laurie.... good luck .... I am not seeing how that will work... waiting for your report! 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • amart4224
    My yogurt concoction today:
    85g 0% plain Greek yogurt
    6g pbfit
    4g pure maple syrup
    Dash of cinnamon

Tasty and clocked in around 85 calories.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,581 Member
    edited August 2021
    MIL’s birthday lunch didn’t leave me many calories for dinner, so I just had 130g freshly-picked (on dog walk) blackberries, 100g 5% Fage Greek yoghurt and 40g Crunchy Bran all mixed together into a great purple mess. Surprisingly yummy.

It’ll tide me over until breakfast.

Not expecting a loss at tomorrow’s weigh-in after two pizza lunches & associated booze. Totally worth it though!

Such a sad little helping of salad! I did replenish two more times! 🥗🥗🥗

bfcw2vtvu106.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Your salad needs help! ... Maybe some extra salad!!!

I am amazed at the small quantities of yogurt you guys consume.... I tend to operate on... tubs... you know... 650 to 750g. with a range of half a tub to max two tubs :blush:
  • amart4224
    PAV my daily calorie allowance is around 1300... Half a tub of yogurt would be too much to blow on just a snack!