Weight No More - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    The September 2021 chat is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS

All weigh-ins for the final week of August should continue to be posted here, but as of Sunday, we will be in the September chat. Feel free to pop over there, say hey, and maybe post an introduction so we can get to know you better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842196/weight-no-more-team-chat-september-2021/p1?new=1
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    @lennoncpa - Thank you! :blush:

@SusanofRockwood - Glad to see you posting already! I'll make sure all of your numbers are entered into our spreadsheet so we're ready for your official first weigh-in next week on the September chat. And even if you don't go over 10k steps per day, feel free to post your step counts anyway - we'll celebrate how far you go in the weekly step team post!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Check out lumen and hack your metabolism. It measures your breath, determines if you are burning fat or carbs and then plans your macro mix and calories for the day. It seems to be working so far.

I've never heard of this before - how does it work and what has your experience been? Is it pricey?
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    @melaniedscott self care would be a good example, but it only works if they see it that way :(
    @minstrelofsarcasm yes Friday sorry

dbrinkmeyer
    PW 187
    CW 187
    Steps 32710

I had a DNA analysis last week which caused me also to review my recent labs. I also encountered a death certificate from my great grandfather that matched an issue showing on my labs. I am a little shook and trying to change my diet as a result. I am happy about some new dance classes at my gym.
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member

@SusanofRockwood - Glad to see you posting already! I'll make sure all of your numbers are entered into our spreadsheet so we're ready for your official first weigh-in next week on the September chat. And even if you don't go over 10k steps per day, feel free to post your step counts anyway - we'll celebrate how far you go in the weekly step team post!

I am having trouble finding things. I see an August spreadsheet but not a September one? Is it better to use a laptop? I am on the app.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member

I am having trouble finding things. I see an August spreadsheet but not a September one? Is it better to use a laptop? I am on the app.

You'll post on the chat. We (captains, or, likely, @minstrelofsarcasm) will update the spreadsheet. Sept might not be up until tomorrow or Sunday. And welcome to the team!

I'd forgotten that we shared a birthday @minstrelofsarcasm ! Happy day! I am much older than 26. But younger than @lennoncpa's 66...right in between ...
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @Gmcgovern41 thanks I'll look into that. I never heard of it before.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow, I did weigh yesterday but then I forgot what the scale said and forgot to hop back on today. My husband had a little man sniffle so we thought, he went and was tested this morning and tested positive for coronavirus. We shoved him in the basement and that's where he will stay until its safe for him to come out. My work has been closed all week because we had 5 kids and one parent test positive, because the parent was vaccinated we are all getting tested. I'm still waiting on my results. I have been getting my steps in though except for 1 day so there's a plus.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 143 lbs
    Cw: 143 lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm

@SusanofRockwood -

As Melanie said, don't worry about the spreadsheets unless you want to see all the numbers in one place. We're still waiting on Liselyn (jugar) to finish making the spreadsheet anyway. The team captains will do all the updating - all you have to do is post your weigh-ins and step counts here.

I'd forgotten that we shared a birthday @minstrelofsarcasm ! Happy day! I am much older than 26. But younger than @lennoncpa's 66...right in between ...

We don't shaaare a birthday, per se. My birthday is tomorrow. But we're close enough :wink:

Happy birthday, Co-Captain @melaniedscott :heart:
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 176
    CW 172.8

Steps this week 70774
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 187.8
    Cw 187.6
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hi @minstrelofsarcasm : not only did I forget my scales, but also my Fitbit charger. So no weight and also no steps … 😒
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 171
    Cw- 172.8

I had 2 days where I ate more than I should have.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Melaniedscott
    PW: 199.6
    CW: 206.2

IT LIES! It is true that I had a couple crummy weeks, but not THAT crummy. Last week was a massive stress pit with next to no ops for walking. This week, I've walked several days but have been on vacation. I have not been as good with tracking/logging/caring as I've been SO tired. And I've been in a massive snaccident...

Now I'm less tired and back into the fray I go. I'll check tomorrow and see if anything has changed. Munch monster MUST be contained!

Welcome to September?
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2021
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:183.1
    Current weight:182.6
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member

Stud47
    Sunday
    SW : 190 lbs
    PW : 180.77 lbs
    CW: 176,36 lbs

Total week loss : -4.41 lbs

Total; weight loss : : 13.64

Normally weight in day is Sunday but i will be busy tomorrow so i weight in today.
    I would like to go back to saturday for weight in

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Weigh Day
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last weigh-in: 149.6
    Today's weight: 148.6
    Loss to date: 28.8
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    c1oolxbarl3r.jpeg

I'm so glad to hear Sunny recovered and hope he still feels better. We are having recurring heatwaves here and I felt so guilty for not taking Xavy out two times last week but hearing about Sunny makes me think it was a good idea. Stay strong, Sunny <3
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    My SmartScale app won’t update. Sorry.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You have another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @MayLan :)
This discussion has been closed.