60 yrs and up

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    @MargaretYakoda - I'm curious. I sent you a friend request - I know you got it. Did the message come through with it?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    @MargaretYakoda - I'm curious. I sent you a friend request - I know you got it. Did the message come through with it?

I never even looked. But I don’t think so.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Great article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member

Hey Steve and Margaret, I don’t think the messages on FRs have worked for several years.

• suzleigh1
    suzleigh1 Posts: 19 Member
    tnh2o wrote: »
    Finally! I logged everything I ate. Bonus - I was on target for calories but need to work on getting the right balance of nutrients.

I read somewhere recently to concentrate on calories and protein and, with good food choices, the rest will fall into place. Personally, my nutritionist recommended I try the paleo food plan which I’ve been on (about 95%) since July 1. It’s working out for me. Since I do strength/resistance workouts 3-4 days per week, I follow those with a protein drink with added nut butter, banana, and spinach/kale.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,746 Member

Honestly I don't think friend request message come thru anymore. I do think they "used to" but I haven't gotten any messages with friend requests for a long long long... time.
  • alteredsteve175

Honestly I don't think friend request message come thru anymore. I do think they "used to" but I haven't gotten any messages with friend requests for a long long long... time.

You're probably right - I know they do not work on the desktop app. I sent this last request using the phone app. Apparently they don't work there, either. ☹☹☹
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    Hmmmm...I was able to accept 2 friend requests in the last few days.
  • alteredsteve175
    tnh2o wrote: »
    Hmmmm...I was able to accept 2 friend requests in the last few days.

Yeah - the request feature works - the notes do not.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    anawake13 wrote: »
    For all of you who responded to my tale of the VA and my husband's agent Orange claim we have good news. He was just awarded a claim and it's done a lot for his mental state that vets are not just forgotten. Thanks for your support.
    For all of you who served I send my thanks.

Great news!!!
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    @alteredsteve175 Now I get it. What your saying that is, not messages.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Things are looking up at Casa Steve. They changed my wife's pain meds and her pain is better controlled, but still not gone. She's in better spirits, though. She helped cook dinner a couple of days ago. Everyone has been sleeping through the night. That is a welcome relief. Easier to deal with all this when I am well rested.

Good news from the oncologist today - her blood chemistry is all normal. Starting a new round of chemotherapy with different drugs - who knows what that will bring? 🤞

Thanks for letting me vent. It helps more than you know.

That's all really excellent news, @alteredsteve175 - for both of you. Sending wishes for continuing positive progress in both pain management (has such wide-ranging effects!) and combatting the disease for her, and improved rest and reduced stress for you (but I know it's still tough stuff).
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    Things are looking up at Casa Steve. They changed my wife's pain meds and her pain is better controlled, but still not gone. She's in better spirits, though. She helped cook dinner a couple of days ago. Everyone has been sleeping through the night. That is a welcome relief. Easier to deal with all this when I am well rested.

Good news from the oncologist today - her blood chemistry is all normal. Starting a new round of chemotherapy with different drugs - who knows what that will bring? 🤞

Awesome to hear Steve! I will continue to send positive energy and prayers your way!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member

Glad to hear things are looking up!!!
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Steve, so glad the news is better for you both .