Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Wednesday!
    Sara - glad for your good eye report. I have never had flan. Should put it on my list of things to try :wink:
    Lana - hello! heat and humidity is tough to do anything in. Do you have mosquitoes to boot? It is bad here right now. Heat/humidity and darn mosquitoes make it very difficult to enjoy the outdoors.
    Jordanna - I third your approach!
    Waves to all. I wonder too Missy how are you?
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2021
    lkhugsmt7ae8.jpeg
    *** August 26 ***

Hey Lynn - How are you doing with the recovery of your leg?

Missy - check in with us, OK?

My cousin is coming for a visit in a week, and I have to clean and declutter. I loathe doing that. Blech.
    However, doing that dreck IS ACTIVITY !

Waving to Tracy and Jordanna and Sara and everyone who pops in today 🌴

Lana

261.6 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    You ladies are all awesome.

I started running! I'm struggling with my mental health, and I found that running is very therapeutic. I will come home after a run and it almost feels like I'm high on something. My friend who is a runner, says that research says that it almost feels like morphine after a good run. I've really enjoyed the last couple runs I've been on.
    I've actually been running without Max. The stress of keeping an eye on him and him stopping and going all the time to pee/poop/smell things. It's just an added stress when realistically, all I want to do is focus on running and my music. So I took it upon myself to make running just about me, and not about Max. I still take him for walks everyday, but running is my own personal gig.

I think I'm really going to get into it! My friend and I are going to start running together, too. I'm really excited :)

- Jordanna
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Jordanna - great job! I am very glad you enjoy the running. Congrats!
    Lana - my knee is doing ok. Working on walking with no limp. Getting better I think :wink: Good luck decluttering. I actually like decluttering when I find the time. Gives me such a sense of accomplishment. Always feel bad for the stuff I get rid of...always thinking how does this stuff get into my house and the money I couldve saved if I never got the stuff.
    Hello to Sara, Missy, Tracy, Dawn and anyone else who stops by!
    Have a great Thursday

CW 194.2
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • LanaCabana537

Jordanna - good for you! I am very envious of you though---I never ever in my life got any endorphins going from running, cycling, walking, dancing, treadmill, stair master, etc. Dang! Good idea about leaving Mr. Max and having your alone time.

Lynn - I'm going to sit over here with you while Jordanna goes on her run....
  • brennerjlb
    Lana - we can toast to her success.
    I ran in my 40's. Tried to enjoy it. I honestly did not. Did enjoy the assistance it gave me in weight loss. :smile: I too have been envious of those who can run well. I don't think I ever learned to run well.
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn (and Jordanna) - Roger that! We will be toasting her success! 🎉
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Mac and cheese for dinner. Left freezer door open just enough not to notice it until this morning. I knew it was time to clean out the freezer but I didnt need that kind of reminder. Will eat the ice cream I bought yesterday but the rest will be history.

Found a couple jobs online at my company I would like to apply for but my resume is a masterpiece in underselling
    and boredom,so that will have to be fixed.

Jordanna - thrilled you found a compromise that serves you and your Max!!!

Too hot/humid and tomorrow it gets even warmer.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    3wyasj17yoau.jpeg
    *** August 27 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Well we made it to Friday!

Jordanna, are you doing shifts this weekend, or do you get a day or two off?

Sara - so sorry to hear about the freezer!
    I hope that your day flies by and you enjoy your weekend, even with the high temps. Hugs~

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Missy and Runa and Maureen and anyone else who stops by later on~~

🌴The Cabana Boys are having a very upbeat Happy Hour for us today-- plenty of whatever you want 😁🌴

Lana

264.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 goal for 🦃
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wrote an updated resume to apply for 2 jobs at work. Using the ice cream as a reward. Actually made the ice cream last the serving amounts which is not easy for me. I hope I sent my resume correctly to work so I can apply without my Sup looking over my shoulder. I work OT tomorrow, so I am planning on spending a little time doing that.

Happy Hour!!! Whohoo! Time to dance.

• LanaCabana537
    7v5iitc0cd9t.jpg
    *** August 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - have a good day at work, and good luck with the stealth application for a new position there!

* tossing beach bag and spy thriller onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

263.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2021
    xo3io3ojb9co.jpeg
    *** August 29 ***

Happy Sunday all~~

Yesterday was a salt fest - sweet corn and other things that always screw me up. Why do I do this to myself? I guess I just don't care enough. Then the next day it makes me sad and upset.

Time for a shower and a fresh start 🌸

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited August 2021
    Good Morning all! Been a crazy few days one of my dogs hasn’t been feeling good for a couple of days so took him to vet. He stayed overnight and is being rehydrated and they are monitoring him. He’s in good hands and hope he gets better soon. They think he probably got into something outside that didn’t agree with him.
    My foot is doing alright it’s been hurting a little the past couple of days. Can’t wait for it to be healed. Wanted to go on plenty of hikes this fall.
    Anyways, in good news I’m making a list of the grad schools I’m going to apply to. Going to pursue the masters and then get a job preferably teaching as I obtain my PhD.
    How is everyone else doing?

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2021
    cqd4sfjztn44.jpeg
    *** August 30 ***

Missy - Sending good vibes for your pup. Did you have your foot x-rayed? I hope that it heals up for your hikes! Keep going with that education! 👍🏻

I got up at 4:30 this morning. My mind was running the Do Lists, so no falling back to sleep. Dang.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

266.0 *kitten*
  • brennerjlb
    Hello
    I too will send healthy pup vibes! Glad he is in good hands.
    Lana - it must be that kind of Monday. My scale deserved a kitten today too!
    Sara - stay cool in this heat. The individual ice cream was a great idea!

CW 196.2
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cqd4sfjztn44.jpeg
    *** August 30 ***

Missy - Sending good vibes for your pup. Did you have your foot x-rayed? I hope that it heals up for your hikes! Keep going with that education! 👍🏻

I got up at 4:30 this morning. My mind was running the Do Lists, so no falling back to sleep. Dang.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

266.0 *kitten*

I go back at the end of September for the follow up to see if it healed properly. Crossing fingers it is! And Bronco is good. He’s going to be a bit blah for a few days but he’s home and doing so much better.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Air is better than weekend- weekend was on the edge of hazardous -- so relativity plays a role here.

Boca burger with cheese/bbq sauce and pickle relish on a brioche bun. Quite good, gets that burger craving with not as many calories.

Worst weigh in since I bought a scale. Not good Monday. Monster had fangs out and guess who got it?? You are just too smart. Applied for one job Saturday and still waiting to apply for second job the posting is not open for applying (dont ask, I dont know).

Need to watch something online with good looking men in it. Eye candy has no calories.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Tuesday, August 31st

Good morning, Cabana Crew!!

Rally is over. I'm exhausted. We had a good time. That is all.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    ucvuy9483wuf.jpeg
    *** August 31 ***

Wow - it's the last day of August!

Tracy - glad you had a good time at the rally !

Sara - Monster? *Kitten* her! May she live in interesting times. 👹

Missy - glad to hear that Bronco and your foot are both coming along.

Lynn - how are you feeling/healing?

*tossing beach bag and spy novel onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.4 today
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Hello!

I'm down a little bit on the scale today! Feeling good. I've been on vacation for the last little while so I'm just enjoying my time. Haven't been drinking which helps. It's raining here today, I was planning to go for a run but now I'm unmotivated. Ugh. Maybe I should still go, just wear a rain jacket and a hat. I'll try to build up the courage!

I hope you all enjoy your day :)

- Jordanna