August 2021 - Daily or Weekly Check-In

1131415161719»

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,778 Member

145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 60 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Starting Weight (from July 31st): 192.4
    Goal: 187.4 (Five lb Loss)
    Ending Weight:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

08/01 – 191.4 (trend 194.6) Didn’t have much time to eat yesterday and dinner was very late (within 1 hour of bed). No water here since yesterday morning due to well problems. Seal was fixed (???) but no one can get the pump primed. Perhaps the check gauge went out when it was turned off? IDK but this is horrible!
    08/02 - 189.6 (trend 194.1) I am likely dehydrated due to low water consumption while the well is broke and no water is coming into the house. I’m being very conservative for sure! However, I did have a very good day yesterday with over 2600 calories burned overall. All my fitbit circles were green and completed. I was in the green with my calories on MFP. So I am hoping that at least part of this new weight number will stick.
    08/03 - 190.4 (trend 193.7) Finally clean beautiful water flowing out of my well again. I expected this uptick when I rehydrated. I was so hungry yesterday! After losing weight 2 days in a row my body decided it wanted the fat back! I caved in and ate some cheese pizza (I threw the crust away). Clearly, guzzling water and eating pizza is not a good combo! I stayed within my calorie and carb goal however. It was a good day overall. I managed to avoid some serious temptations and I am hoping to get back into the 180’s now that I’ve touched them Even if I touched them shriveled up and dry as a bone and I move forward all plump with water, I will do it! !
    08/04 - 191.6 (trend 193.5) Traveled yesterday and ate a rich meal. Brought home half and will finish it today, but without the long travel today I should get in more movement and more water. Dr. appointment tomorrow so you can be sure that today will be a carefully planned day that I shall tiptoe through.
    08/05 - 191.2 (trend 193.3) Down a bit from yesterday so that is good. My well went out again yesterday morn so I am living in a nightmare right now again. I hope they can fix it right today! I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon so I am going trick or treating in a little bit to beg for a shower from a neighbor. Better days ahead I hope.
    08/06 - 191.0 (trend 193.1) That is an unexpected drop after making some bad choices yesterday. I ate all my calories back from exercise. Although I was in the green, it showed only 79 calories left (I ate about 1690). I must stop eating my emotions! So disgusted with this well situation although he finally came by yesterday evening and got it going even if it is loud and kind of rattling/banging. Now, this afternoon he has cancelled the replacement appointment for this weekend saying his schedule is busier than he thought. He is aiming for next week. I pray this prime on this well pump will keep the water flowing until then. Last time it last about 1 ½ days. My mammogram and oncology appointment down in Ann Arbor Michigan (about 4 hours from home each way) is coming up next Thursday. What I weigh now is very close to what I weighed last time I saw them (pre Covid). Thank goodness I reigned it in. Keeping my weight down is actually key with the type of breast cancer that I have (in remission). All the more reason to just keep going……
    08/07 - 190.0 (trend 192.8) A nice little drop that I was hoping for after I overindulged the other day while traveling. Aiming now for the 180’s. I briefly touched the hem of it once recently.
    08/08 - 190.6 (trend 192.6) Self-Sabotage kicked in last night at 3:00 AM. I ate today’s lunch (my leftovers) and ended up in the red by 46 calories. Yes, I felt hungry for sure but could it have been psychological? I am famous for making my own journey harder than it needs to be. Kicking self in butt today but today should be easier to stick to plan since I’ve failed and not succeeded. Sad but true!
    08/09 – 189.6 (trend 192.3) Thrilled I am dipping my toe into the rushing warmth of the 180’s. However, I won’t be completely confident until I hit 187 point anything as my weight can easily fluctuate a few pounds either way. However, I really feel this is possible! Major travel on Thursday which will probably derail me for a minute. I’ll use that day as a refeed day to keep my metabolism moving right along. Feeling good today!
    08/10 – 189.6 (trend 192.0) My clothes are beginning to fall off of me due to my weight loss since May. That makes me very happy that I have to start wearing things from the stored stuff. Win!
    08/11 - 189.6 (trend 191.8) Third day in a row. No matter how much my body fights me, I’m still the boss and will win this war!
    08/12 - 190.0 A small uptick due to very late dinner and very early weigh-in after 3 hours of sleep. Traveling today for the annual breast cancer check-up and mamm. Meals will be out and there will be plenty of sitting. Tomorrow won’t look good on the scale but I will deal with that over the weekend.
    08/13 - 193.2 (trend weight is 191.7) I obviously did not practice any restraint whatsoever at the golden corral during my medical traveling yesterday. I am on top of it today! News a little worse than I expected. I need a liver scan due to multiple lesions that showed up in the corner of my last lung CT scan in 2020. Due to covid there has been delays (some on my part) on everything medical. They have also ordered a CT scan for my lungs again. The last scan showed a nodule had grown from 1.7 to 2.3 cm. That does not mean cancer from breast has metastasized yet. It could be a benign growth because they considered that a small change in a 6 month period. I Missed 2 scans 6 months apart for rechecks so I will have to go have it checked soon. Making the appointments today on the phone. My breast mamm was good but my manual breast check with the oncologist showed a small growth in the skin (not in the breast tissue itself) very near the surgical sight. She said it did not look good. She had a general surgeon look at it who didn’t like it either. They had a plastic surgeon come in and check who didn’t like it either. They found a dermatologist who hadn’t left for home yet who didn’t like it. She asked to do an emergency biopsy which I agreed to. I was moved to a procedure room, numbed and the entire thing was fully removed. If it is cancerous it will not be skin cancer but, rather, breast cancer metastasized. No cure but can be treated (whatever that means). I have 2 stitches which I can have family take out later to avoid another long trip back. I am still waiting to hear the results. I have 2 other smaller bumps that looks just like it that they didn’t touch. If the big one they removed is okay, they should be okay too according to the doctor. Hoping for the best!

08/14 - 189.6 (trend weight 191.5) And back down again the weight goes. Goodbye Golden Corral buffet during my travel Thursday. Well went out again Wed night as I slept. Thur morn no water before appointment. Neighbor wasn’t home but I have a key…..Thanks for the shower neighbor! Well man attempted to fix it on Friday to no avail. He’s back today cursing and slamming doors. This is really starting to wear on me. Please God, we need water. Happy that the scale is back down though!
    08/15 - 187.6 (trend weight 191.1) Still no water. They can’t help today either until (at least) Monday. I’m continuing to focus on my meal plans and getting in as much activity as possible. I don’t want to begin eating my emotions!
    08/16 - 187.2 (trend weight 190.7) Still no water. I am hoping that something will happen today that will fix it once and for all now that the weekend is over. I have been watching my meals carefully and fitting in whatever extra activity that I can. Babysat for DGS #4 last night (age 3). It is always a joy to be near him.
    08/17 - 187.8 (trend weight 190.4) Trending down but an uptick on the scale due to some pretty bad choices and eating times yesterday. I’ve earned the badge of shame but I will do better today! Honestly, happy the uptick wasn’t worse!
    08/18 - 187.4 (trend weight 190.1) Yesterday was a better day foodwise, but otherwise, a bit of a disaster. Well company I called can’t come-they are too behind in their schedule and are having a hard time finding employees. I called another and they said they could come on Thursday. Yay! Praying to a resolution to this lack of water. I took a really bad fall yesterday in the yard. I could get up for about 10 minutes. Had to crawl on the injured knee to softer grass and do a bit of a crab-like movement to get up. The knee hurt so bad it was hard getting up without using it much! It has a hugh baseball sized knot on the end of it now. It’s black and blue and hurts like hell but nothing seems broken. I will likely have to limit my movement a bit but I will take ibuprofen and do my best to heal it quickly! Still no results for my breast biopsy, but my referrals did come through for the lung and liver CT scans so I will be making those appointments later today.
    08/19 – 187.8 (trend weight: 189.9) I’m not sure why the uptick. I was 176 calories in the green and worked at more movement and exercise yesterday in spite of my black & blue knee. I guess I can call this a normal fluctuation? I’m still feeling very good about my progress as my clothing keeps getting looser and looser. Some of my shorts are beginning to look like skorts. While my stomach is still big and diabetic looking (T2 here!), it is noticeably smaller. I continue to feel hopeful.
    08/20 - 186.6 (trend weight: 189.6) Finally the drop I felt I deserved yesterday. This is my new lowest (since before a Covid gain). My plan is to stay on track, get in a little walking throughout the yard since my workers are here today. Called well company back who came here yesterday and got my water flowing. No water this morning. I’ll have to shower at the neighbors.
    08/21 – 186.8 (trend weight: 189.3) Well was primed again last night and I actually had water this morning for the first time in weeks! Their tweaking is holding! Praying as much for my neighbor as for myself. They’ve been patient but I’m sure they are tired of my constant intrusions. Wonderful people in every way. I just couldn’t be luckier to have them as neighbors! Dinner was late last night. Sodium filled frozen food but not too much damage today so I’m grateful. Thinking ahead today. Crockpot is already going!
    08/22 – 185.4 (trend weight: 188.9) My weight seems to have corrected itself from a couple of days ago when I had an unexplained uptick. I am happy to see another drop. Today is my DGD’s 1st birthday so there will be some travel, some food, some cake, and a tremendous lack of movement. I may see an earned uptick tomorrow, but I have confidence it will temporary and will not derail me this week. I plan on enjoying her very special day!
    08/23 - 187.4 (trend weight: 188.8) Big jump on the scale after the catered birthday party. This will be back down before the end of the challenge. I drank lots of water and ate very little in my meals. It was just that cake……No worries. I have learned to balance social pleasures with home and life changes. Goodbye 187.4.
    08/24 - 187.4 (trend weight: 188.6) No change. I’ll add the word “Yet”. Okay, so no change yet! Staying confident and pushing water today. Not enough of anything yesterday including movement. I’ll do what I can in heat that is expected today!
    08/25 - 187.0 (trend weight: 188.5) Down 0.4 is good but it sure goes on faster than it comes back off! I will be traveling today and have lunch or dinner out (not both!) Probably high sodium Chinese/Thai food restaurant because it is such a treat when I go to this particular city to shop. I’ll push water later today and tomorrow and as much as I can during travel. Rain today so it’s a good day to get out of town.
    08/26 – I forgot to weigh before drinking several cups of coffee. Early travel today will not help the scale tomorrow.
    08/27 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.5) Traveling today. Water went out again last night. Got it primed and it’s flowing again today but something is really wrong!
    08/28 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.4) I’m happy to be the same after travel (and a small drop down in my trend weight.) I’ll call it a success since travels usually unravel me!
    08/29 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.4) I’m still down 4 pounds for the month after a birthday party and several days of travel this month. I am pleased with the progress, but I need to keep moving forward because I have a very long way to go!
    08/30 – 189.2 (trend weight 188.5) Well that sucks, especially so close to the end of the challenge. I am still several pounds lighter than starting weight but I worked too hard this month for this to happen. Yesterday was a pretty good day but there were some extra snacks in bed last night. Nothing over the moon, but it was over the top of my calorie limit so this makes sense. One of them was salty……I’ll push water today. Hopefully I’ll at least dip back into the 188’s by tomorrow.
    08/31 –
  • slimmergirl2015
    slimmergirl2015 Posts: 127 Member
    August goal:
    • Exercise 3 times a week
    • Lose 2kg

April: 67.6
    May: 65.0
    June: 63.5
    July: 64.0

WEEK1

1/8 -
    2/8 64.0
    3/8 63.8
    4/8 63.4
    5/8 63.5
    6/8 63.2
    7/8 - walked
    8/8 -

WEEK2
    9/8 64.0 weekend over indulgences.
    10/8 64.0 weekends really cause me to back track. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Jogged
    11/8 64.0
    12/8
    13/8
    14/8

WEEK3
    15/8
    16/8
    17/8
    18/8 63.4 I have been quiet but hoping to see significant weight loss this week.
    19/8
    20/8
    21/8

WEEK4
    22/8
    23/8
    24/8
    25/8
    26/8 63.1
    27/8
    28/8

WEEK5
    29/8
    30/8 63.4
    31/8

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

September thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842195/september-2021-daily-or-weekly-check-in/#latest

I hope you bookmark the thread and participate again in September!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

:)

• nikkit321
    edited August 2021
    Nikki - 52, 5'5.5"
    UGW 140
    August goal - for the high spikes and the low drops to both get lower

8/1 - 189.0
    8/2 - 192.0 yikes! ugly sodium weight and a weekend of looser choices. Planning a run today.
    8/3 - 189.6 workout tonight (actually 3.5 mile walk w/ the dogs)
    8/4 - 186.8 dropping the water finally. Walking with a friend tonight.
    8/5 - 185.8 1lb to go to get back to my 7/1 weight. Workout tonight.
    8/6 - 186.0 I'm determined to make good choices during the weekend.
    8/7 - 186.2

8/8 - 188.0 apparently pizza w/ a veg crust last night wasn't a good choice. I wonder if it was gluten-free like I assumed. Note to self: ask questions at restaurants, don't assume.
    8/9 - 186.0
    8/10 - 186.6 up-down-all-around
    8/11 - 187.6 had a few tortilla chips with dinner last night; hungry day but I did workout so there's that
    8/12 - 186.8 I'll take it.
    8/13 - 188.8 'tis for me to not know why...but I sigh... LOL
    8/14 -

8/15
    8/16 - 191.6 yup I glutened myself...how did you know? And it was a crappy hot dog bun. Seriously. If I'm going to deliberately bloat up multiple pounds for days, it should be with something yummy. So today will be a ton of water to start to flush it out. Although I also have water issues. Not as severe as DeepWoodsLady because I do have water, but it's well water (smell, taste). The softener hasn't worked for a week and my hubby has been internet researching and trying to fix it but he gave up this morning and called The Culligan Man. He'll be out late this afternoon, so I'm hopeful I'll have a nice shower and my hair will feel clean again and I'll drink nice tasting water soon.
    8/17 - 189.2 still bloated but feeling better. Walked last night on the treadmill so as not to provide a feast for the neighborhood mosquitoes, planning on a visit to the Y tonight.
    8/18 - 189.8 no walk/workout yesterday, no excuses. Vehicle repairs today but that won't keep me from my treadmill.
    8/19 - 188.2 nice drop, but I do need to confess to zero exercise yesterday. Aiming for better today.
    8/20 - 188.6. Planning a lot of activity while on vacation as well as rest.

vacation - no scale
    8/26 - 191.4 honestly, I'm happy with that #. I had a lot of gluten while away, but a lot of activity as well. Back at it today! Nice walk today.
    8/27 - 188.4 nice # this morning; I flushed it away yesterday (teehee). Will keep pushing fluid again today, I need the bloat to work out. Storms today but am planning a treadmill jaunt later today.
    8/28 - 188.9 had a nice walk yesterday while watching a Hallmark movie. Working this weekend (gotta catch up from vacation)
    8/29 - 187.8 praying for those in Ida's path

8/30 - 188.8
    8/31 - 190.8 gluten :(

September thread:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842195/september-2021-daily-or-weekly-check-in/#latest

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Hi all
    I am Dawn, 60, 5'2"
    I gained a bit of weight in both June and July, so my aim is to get that off and beyond.
    Before that I averaged a 1 pound weight loss each month throughout this journey.
    MFP start weight October 2018: 191
    UGW 112-ish

Best of luck to everyone, and big thanks to @nikkit321 for providing this space to us and keeping us going.

Sunday 8/01 - 132.9
    8/02 - 133.3
    8/03 - 133.3
    8/04 - 132.9 - Back to this month's start weight, now to hit last month's start weight of 131.8
    8/05 - 132.8
    8/06 - 134.2 - Up at 4am drinking water after going to sleep at 1am. Posting my weight anyway, tomorrow I hope will look better.
    8/07 - 134.3 - Lots of activity yesterday, maybe it will look favourable on the scale in a few days.
    8/08 - 136.0 - Wow, it took me 7 days to put back on what took 7 months to lose. Cruel. Hopeful that going back to day shifts this coming week will help.
    8/09 - 135.5 - Got to get this off
    8/10 - 132.6 - ?? - I'll take it.
    8/11 - 131.7 - I have still been eating late, because of added evening shifts into the mix. Today I finish at 3 and then get days off : - ) My huge activity day is now showing on the scale. Feeling relieved but will try not to get too comfortable lol. Planning some indulgences on my days off.
    8/12 - 132.9 - Back to my start weight. I am okay with that.
    8/13 - 134.0 - Kind of expected, I had a couple of indulgent days. I did not exceed my calorie goal, but the choices were not the healthiest
    8/14 - 134.7 - Up almost 2 pounds from this month's start weight. Up down and all around, that is apparently how I roll.
    8/15 - 135.9 - 7 days after my last big spike. Thinking that this is only temporary.
    8/16 - 134.4 - A bit better.
    8/17 - 133.9
    8/18 - 133.1
    8/19 - 134.3 - All over the place
    8/20 - 134.9 - I don't get it. I won't give up though.
    8/21 - 134.3
    8/22 - 134.7
    8/23 - 135.6 - Ouch!!
    8/24 - 135.1 - Still too high and running out of month!
    8/25 - 136.4 - Climbing even more but I don't know why.
    8/26 - 134.4 - I guess that I should be happy to see 2 pounds gone overnight, but I am not. Pants are tight.
    8/27 - 134.8
    8/28 - 136.5 - Argh
    8/29 - 136.5 - 2 fruit heavy months, maybe I will end up pooping it all out in September lol. Not giving up.
    8/30 - 137.0 - Sigh
    8/31 - 134.7

1.8 pounds gained in August, .8 gained in July. Need to turn this boat around!
  • adrianna_c
    adrianna_c Posts: 58 Member
    I'm Anna Height: 5'4" Age: 40
    Aug 1 weight: 137.5
    Aug 1 waist (low waist) = 34.75"
    August end goal weight: 134
    August end goal waist = 33.5"
    August end weight = 137.5
    August end waist = 34.75"
    Ultimate goal: 130 lbs, 15% body fat

August takeaways: I did lose a bit in the middle of the month, and had some summer vacation time that put me back up, so ending where I started I'm ok with. I should be able to make progress in September with no trips to derail my progress.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Way to go everyone - some amazing success, some struggles, but we stuck to it! See you all in September.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    June starting weight: 121.5
    July starting weight: 120.3
    August starting weight: 122.8
    August goal: < 120.0

I completely failed with my goal last month. Most probably due to my vacation where I drank many G&Ts and ate a lot of charcuterie as well as all the restaurant meals. This months goal is to get back to under 120. I'm going back to daily weighing as well.

01 - 122.8
    02 - 122.5
    03 - 122.3
    04 - 122.0
    05 - 121.7
    06 - 121.1
    07 - 120.4 This is crazy. I'm eating about 1250 calories a day and avoiding dairy, grains and alcohol. Also, I'm drinking a lot more water. Can it really make this much difference?

08 - 120.1
    09 - 120.2 and the downward trend ends ... I went off program yesterday and had one ounce of cheese so I have to blame it on that :D

10 - 120.1
    11 - 120.1
    12 - DNW
    13 - DNW
    14 - DNW
    15 - DNW
    16 - 123.6 This was expected from my out of town excursion because of all the restaurant food. No restrictions at all.

17 - 122.4
    18 - 121.6
    19 - 120.5
    20 - 120.2 Almost back to pre-vacation
    21 - 119.9 :)

22 - 120.8 I can't seem to stay under 120 on the rare times I actually get there!
    23 - 121.1
    24 - DNW
    25 - 121.7 Not too sure what's going on ... I'm eating within my calorie range though I have been feeling bloated lately ... probably need to go back to no dairy or grains. I had pasta last night and have had small amounts of dairy lately. Logically CICO should work but the reality is what I eat seems to make a difference even with the same amount of calories.

26 - 121.2
    27 - 120.7 Two days of barely 1200 calories. Not sustainable but mentally I need to be under 120 by the end of the month.

28 ? I weighed but the app didn't record it :o
    29 121.3
    30 121.7
    31 121.4

Not the < 120 I was aiming for but at least I'm down 1.4 for the month. Onward to September.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,778 Member

145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 60 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Starting Weight (from July 31st): 192.4
    Goal: 187.4 (Five lb Loss) 5.6 lbs Lost
    Ending Weight: 186.8 Exceeded goal!

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

08/01 – 191.4 (trend 194.6) Didn’t have much time to eat yesterday and dinner was very late (within 1 hour of bed). No water here since yesterday morning due to well problems. Seal was fixed (???) but no one can get the pump primed. Perhaps the check gauge went out when it was turned off? IDK but this is horrible!
    08/02 - 189.6 (trend 194.1) I am likely dehydrated due to low water consumption while the well is broke and no water is coming into the house. I’m being very conservative for sure! However, I did have a very good day yesterday with over 2600 calories burned overall. All my fitbit circles were green and completed. I was in the green with my calories on MFP. So I am hoping that at least part of this new weight number will stick.
    08/03 - 190.4 (trend 193.7) Finally clean beautiful water flowing out of my well again. I expected this uptick when I rehydrated. I was so hungry yesterday! After losing weight 2 days in a row my body decided it wanted the fat back! I caved in and ate some cheese pizza (I threw the crust away). Clearly, guzzling water and eating pizza is not a good combo! I stayed within my calorie and carb goal however. It was a good day overall. I managed to avoid some serious temptations and I am hoping to get back into the 180’s now that I’ve touched them Even if I touched them shriveled up and dry as a bone and I move forward all plump with water, I will do it! !
    08/04 - 191.6 (trend 193.5) Traveled yesterday and ate a rich meal. Brought home half and will finish it today, but without the long travel today I should get in more movement and more water. Dr. appointment tomorrow so you can be sure that today will be a carefully planned day that I shall tiptoe through.
    08/05 - 191.2 (trend 193.3) Down a bit from yesterday so that is good. My well went out again yesterday morn so I am living in a nightmare right now again. I hope they can fix it right today! I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon so I am going trick or treating in a little bit to beg for a shower from a neighbor. Better days ahead I hope.
    08/06 - 191.0 (trend 193.1) That is an unexpected drop after making some bad choices yesterday. I ate all my calories back from exercise. Although I was in the green, it showed only 79 calories left (I ate about 1690). I must stop eating my emotions! So disgusted with this well situation although he finally came by yesterday evening and got it going even if it is loud and kind of rattling/banging. Now, this afternoon he has cancelled the replacement appointment for this weekend saying his schedule is busier than he thought. He is aiming for next week. I pray this prime on this well pump will keep the water flowing until then. Last time it last about 1 ½ days. My mammogram and oncology appointment down in Ann Arbor Michigan (about 4 hours from home each way) is coming up next Thursday. What I weigh now is very close to what I weighed last time I saw them (pre Covid). Thank goodness I reigned it in. Keeping my weight down is actually key with the type of breast cancer that I have (in remission). All the more reason to just keep going……
    08/07 - 190.0 (trend 192.8) A nice little drop that I was hoping for after I overindulged the other day while traveling. Aiming now for the 180’s. I briefly touched the hem of it once recently.
    08/08 - 190.6 (trend 192.6) Self-Sabotage kicked in last night at 3:00 AM. I ate today’s lunch (my leftovers) and ended up in the red by 46 calories. Yes, I felt hungry for sure but could it have been psychological? I am famous for making my own journey harder than it needs to be. Kicking self in butt today but today should be easier to stick to plan since I’ve failed and not succeeded. Sad but true!
    08/09 – 189.6 (trend 192.3) Thrilled I am dipping my toe into the rushing warmth of the 180’s. However, I won’t be completely confident until I hit 187 point anything as my weight can easily fluctuate a few pounds either way. However, I really feel this is possible! Major travel on Thursday which will probably derail me for a minute. I’ll use that day as a refeed day to keep my metabolism moving right along. Feeling good today!
    08/10 – 189.6 (trend 192.0) My clothes are beginning to fall off of me due to my weight loss since May. That makes me very happy that I have to start wearing things from the stored stuff. Win!
    08/11 - 189.6 (trend 191.8) Third day in a row. No matter how much my body fights me, I’m still the boss and will win this war!
    08/12 - 190.0 A small uptick due to very late dinner and very early weigh-in after 3 hours of sleep. Traveling today for the annual breast cancer check-up and mamm. Meals will be out and there will be plenty of sitting. Tomorrow won’t look good on the scale but I will deal with that over the weekend.
    08/13 - 193.2 (trend weight is 191.7) I obviously did not practice any restraint whatsoever at the golden corral during my medical traveling yesterday. I am on top of it today! News a little worse than I expected. I need a liver scan due to multiple lesions that showed up in the corner of my last lung CT scan in 2020. Due to covid there has been delays (some on my part) on everything medical. They have also ordered a CT scan for my lungs again. The last scan showed a nodule had grown from 1.7 to 2.3 cm. That does not mean cancer from breast has metastasized yet. It could be a benign growth because they considered that a small change in a 6 month period. I Missed 2 scans 6 months apart for rechecks so I will have to go have it checked soon. Making the appointments today on the phone. My breast mamm was good but my manual breast check with the oncologist showed a small growth in the skin (not in the breast tissue itself) very near the surgical sight. She said it did not look good. She had a general surgeon look at it who didn’t like it either. They had a plastic surgeon come in and check who didn’t like it either. They found a dermatologist who hadn’t left for home yet who didn’t like it. She asked to do an emergency biopsy which I agreed to. I was moved to a procedure room, numbed and the entire thing was fully removed. If it is cancerous it will not be skin cancer but, rather, breast cancer metastasized. No cure but can be treated (whatever that means). I have 2 stitches which I can have family take out later to avoid another long trip back. I am still waiting to hear the results. I have 2 other smaller bumps that looks just like it that they didn’t touch. If the big one they removed is okay, they should be okay too according to the doctor. Hoping for the best!

08/14 - 189.6 (trend weight 191.5) And back down again the weight goes. Goodbye Golden Corral buffet during my travel Thursday. Well went out again Wed night as I slept. Thur morn no water before appointment. Neighbor wasn’t home but I have a key…..Thanks for the shower neighbor! Well man attempted to fix it on Friday to no avail. He’s back today cursing and slamming doors. This is really starting to wear on me. Please God, we need water. Happy that the scale is back down though!
    08/15 - 187.6 (trend weight 191.1) Still no water. They can’t help today either until (at least) Monday. I’m continuing to focus on my meal plans and getting in as much activity as possible. I don’t want to begin eating my emotions!
    08/16 - 187.2 (trend weight 190.7) Still no water. I am hoping that something will happen today that will fix it once and for all now that the weekend is over. I have been watching my meals carefully and fitting in whatever extra activity that I can. Babysat for DGS #4 last night (age 3). It is always a joy to be near him.
    08/17 - 187.8 (trend weight 190.4) Trending down but an uptick on the scale due to some pretty bad choices and eating times yesterday. I’ve earned the badge of shame but I will do better today! Honestly, happy the uptick wasn’t worse!
    08/18 - 187.4 (trend weight 190.1) Yesterday was a better day foodwise, but otherwise, a bit of a disaster. Well company I called can’t come-they are too behind in their schedule and are having a hard time finding employees. I called another and they said they could come on Thursday. Yay! Praying to a resolution to this lack of water. I took a really bad fall yesterday in the yard. I could get up for about 10 minutes. Had to crawl on the injured knee to softer grass and do a bit of a crab-like movement to get up. The knee hurt so bad it was hard getting up without using it much! It has a hugh baseball sized knot on the end of it now. It’s black and blue and hurts like hell but nothing seems broken. I will likely have to limit my movement a bit but I will take ibuprofen and do my best to heal it quickly! Still no results for my breast biopsy, but my referrals did come through for the lung and liver CT scans so I will be making those appointments later today.
    08/19 – 187.8 (trend weight: 189.9) I’m not sure why the uptick. I was 176 calories in the green and worked at more movement and exercise yesterday in spite of my black & blue knee. I guess I can call this a normal fluctuation? I’m still feeling very good about my progress as my clothing keeps getting looser and looser. Some of my shorts are beginning to look like skorts. While my stomach is still big and diabetic looking (T2 here!), it is noticeably smaller. I continue to feel hopeful.
    08/20 - 186.6 (trend weight: 189.6) Finally the drop I felt I deserved yesterday. This is my new lowest (since before a Covid gain). My plan is to stay on track, get in a little walking throughout the yard since my workers are here today. Called well company back who came here yesterday and got my water flowing. No water this morning. I’ll have to shower at the neighbors.
    08/21 – 186.8 (trend weight: 189.3) Well was primed again last night and I actually had water this morning for the first time in weeks! Their tweaking is holding! Praying as much for my neighbor as for myself. They’ve been patient but I’m sure they are tired of my constant intrusions. Wonderful people in every way. I just couldn’t be luckier to have them as neighbors! Dinner was late last night. Sodium filled frozen food but not too much damage today so I’m grateful. Thinking ahead today. Crockpot is already going!
    08/22 – 185.4 (trend weight: 188.9) My weight seems to have corrected itself from a couple of days ago when I had an unexplained uptick. I am happy to see another drop. Today is my DGD’s 1st birthday so there will be some travel, some food, some cake, and a tremendous lack of movement. I may see an earned uptick tomorrow, but I have confidence it will temporary and will not derail me this week. I plan on enjoying her very special day!
    08/23 - 187.4 (trend weight: 188.8) Big jump on the scale after the catered birthday party. This will be back down before the end of the challenge. I drank lots of water and ate very little in my meals. It was just that cake……No worries. I have learned to balance social pleasures with home and life changes. Goodbye 187.4.
    08/24 - 187.4 (trend weight: 188.6) No change. I’ll add the word “Yet”. Okay, so no change yet! Staying confident and pushing water today. Not enough of anything yesterday including movement. I’ll do what I can in heat that is expected today!
    08/25 - 187.0 (trend weight: 188.5) Down 0.4 is good but it sure goes on faster than it comes back off! I will be traveling today and have lunch or dinner out (not both!) Probably high sodium Chinese/Thai food restaurant because it is such a treat when I go to this particular city to shop. I’ll push water later today and tomorrow and as much as I can during travel. Rain today so it’s a good day to get out of town.
    08/26 – I forgot to weigh before drinking several cups of coffee. Early travel today will not help the scale tomorrow.
    08/27 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.5) Traveling today. Water went out again last night. Got it primed and it’s flowing again today but something is really wrong!
    08/28 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.4) I’m happy to be the same after travel (and a small drop down in my trend weight.) I’ll call it a success since travels usually unravel me!
    08/29 – 188.4 (trend weight 188.4) I’m still down 4 pounds for the month after a birthday party and several days of travel this month. I am pleased with the progress, but I need to keep moving forward because I have a very long way to go!
    08/30 – 189.2 (trend weight 188.5) Well that sucks, especially so close to the end of the challenge. I am still several pounds lighter than starting weight but I worked too hard this month for this to happen. Yesterday was a pretty good day but there were some extra snacks in bed last night. Nothing over the moon, but it was over the top of my calorie limit so this makes sense. One of them was salty……I’ll push water today. Hopefully I’ll at least dip back into the 188’s by tomorrow.
    08/31 – 186.8 Got back a little of that progress by shedding that retained water. Exceeded goal with a 5.6 lb loss. Bring on September! I’m feeling pretty strong right now! Congratulations to everyone who met their personal goals of all types.
  • reneeduke1
    reneeduke1 Posts: 26 Member
    reneeduke01

August starting weight: 179.3
    August goal weight: 175 (or as close to 169 as I can get)
    Ultimate goal weight: 169

8/4: 179.3
    8/11: 182.3 (I forgot to post last week)
    8/18: 178.4
    8/25: 179.4

9/1:
  • nikkit321
    edited September 2021

September thread:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842195/september-2021-daily-or-weekly-check-in/#latest

I hope you bookmark the thread and participate again in September!

:)
  • reneeduke1
    reneeduke1 Posts: 26 Member
    reneeduke01

August starting weight: 179.3
    August goal weight: 175 (or as close to 169 as I can get)
    Ultimate goal weight: 169

8/4: 179.3
    8/11: 182.3 (I forgot to post last week)
    8/18: 178.4
    8/25: 179.4

9/1: 176.0
  • nikkit321
    @reneeduke1

You'll find a new September thread at: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842195/september-2021-daily-or-weekly-check-in/#latest

I hope you bookmark the new thread and participate again with us there in September!