Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    It's great seeing so many returnees to the group. It shows this does help. It also shows me that I need to keep this up for life. Getting lax with my control will let me gain. Thank you for that lesson, everyone.

@lindamtuck2018 I got a walk in, but it was a bad one. 1.5 miles out I got very lightheaded at a light so I had to cut it short, slow down and come home. When I'm walking I am fine but standing still is when it hits. I should have known that would happen. My pulse hit 130 while I was making an omelette.

Good thing you turned around. It still was a decent distance just being lightheaded sucks.

Username. amymartin555
    Weigh in day. Monday
    SW. 184
    PW. 143.2
    CW. 141.0

steps for the week
    8/23. 21,065
    8/24. 20,013
    8/25. 22,952
    8/26. 16,107
    8/27. 15,522
    8/28. 13,193
    8/29. 28,147

Yay! Another 2 lbs gone. I wasn't sure about this week. My weight was doing some weird stuff this week. But it ended with a loss so I am happy. I was also lower on my steps some days but was still over my goal 10,000. My foot and hip was really bothering me a lot . I am hoping to be in the 130s next week but if not I wont stress it. Take care everyone and keep up all the good work.

Awesome loss!
    Just got the covid test results back ... We are both negative ...whewwwwwww.... The only thing I have now is a really bad migraine .... Still can't smell and everything I eat is still very salty ...My plan tomorrow is to get out of this house and go for a walk with my daughter and Aspen the husky ...I am missing it badly ....it has been over 2 weeks

That’s great news! You must have had a bad flu. Enjoy your walk tomorrow.
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Just got the covid test results back ... We are both negative ...whewwwwwww.... The only thing I have now is a really bad migraine .... Still can't smell and everything I eat is still very salty ...My plan tomorrow is to get out of this house and go for a walk with my daughter and Aspen the husky ...I am missing it badly ....it has been over 2 weeks

Good news... :)

Good evening, everyone!

Mondays are busy... Busy busy busy... Plus, it the end of the month and I have to try to squeeze in all the end of the month Grocery Calculations when no one is looking... lol

However, it's almost time to relax (Well actually, by the time I finish this post and do the dishes I'm pretty sure I'll be going right to bed). 🤓😆

Back and Biceps Recap!

Exercise line is as follows

Band Straight Arm Lat Pushdowns
    DB Bent Over Rows
    Band Lat Pulldowns
    DB Hammer Curls
    EZ Bar Preacher Curls
    Standing EZ Bar Curls

Things are going great... I'm getting used to the new bands, trying to slow things down hold, and take slower eccentric motions etc. Using bands though, it's a little harder to tell if you're improving. Pretty sure I did though... Well, I know I have? I DID Damn it! 😋😅

And then I hit the WALL when I started DB Bent Over Rolls. MAJOR SET BACK!!!! 😲😐😑😪 I felt completely weak. I could only manage 10ish reps with only 6 decent with my left hand and 10ish reps with only 8 decent with my right for all 3 sets. WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG???? 😫

After the first set, Lynn asked me. How much weight do you got on there? I said 90. 😗🤔

So, I started thinking out loud while I counted the weight on the dumbbell.... The Adjustable DB Handle weighs 5 pounds, the Heavy handle kit weighs 15 and the locking pins weigh 5 pounds for a total of 25lb's, Then there is a 22.5-pound plate on each side for a total 45LB. "So that 25LB plus 45LB is 60 pounds!" Right Lynn? 🤔
    "No Jonathan that's 70 pounds" Lynn says .

"DOH!!!" 🤦‍♂️ 😬😆😁 And it was then I realized that 25lb plus 45 pounds is actually 70 pounds (Thank you Lynn), plus the other 30 pounds of plates I had on the dumbbells for a grand total of 100 pounds per dumbbell. A full 10 pounds higher than I should have been lifting. 😋

So, with that information I didn't feel so bad or so weak anymore... in fact, I wasn't about to pick up both dumbbells and carry them back to the Stand to change them to 90lb... I just kept them there and finished the next 2 sets. Next week I'll go back to 90lb, and who knows maybe it will seem almost easy? (Probably not, but you never know.) 👍😀

And that's that... Biceps are still improving. Preacher curls are moving on up to 70LB. Lynn also did some amazing bicep work today. She Blew last week out of the water with all of it! Her hammer curls and EZ Preacher and Standing EZ Bar curls. Not to mention super strong DB Rows! She's a Mighty Midget!!! 😄 hehe

Kay... I gots to go do my breakfast and lunch dishes... ERG!!!! 😭

Good night everyone!!! 🤗🤗🤗

lm936f6lf3qc.png

Great workout! I think I can do DB bent over rows in the pool. I will try them tomorrow. See you gave me a new idea.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Morning everyone back to work today after a long weekend, and I am kinda looking forward to it weirdly enough. I got slightly bored at home for 3 days and wanted to eat a ton of snacks so drank tea instead. Hope you have a great day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,952 Member
    7ji2tqw7jziu.jpg

August Week 4 Results Are In:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:

1st @amymartin555 - 119,248 steps
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 - 95,610 steps
    3rd @Piqueaboo - 92,857 steps
    4th @mari_moulin - 91,901 steps
    5th @Tazaria87 - 75,583 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 917,124 Steps
    Great Job Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@Linda 7/7
    @Tanya 1/7
    @Piqueaboo 4/7
    @iradi8 3/7
    @rlaskey2 4/7
    @Tazaria87 5/7
    @red1185 5/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @amymartin555 7/7
    @Jpedno 4/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @mthomas0228 1/7
    @Shannonsto 4/7

d7i768dplfi9.jpg

August Grand Finale Results Are In:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:

1st @amymartin555 - 626,392 steps
    2nd @Piqueaboo - 400, 189 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 - 397,694 steps
    4th @mari_moulin - 394,804 steps
    5th @Shannonsto -325,357 steps
    Amazing Job Ladies :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 4,972,326 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone on this side of the pond. Good morning to you people waaaaayyyyyyyy over there.

Congrats on the high steps, ladies. 5 million steps for the month is very nice.

Check in for 8/30
    Steps - 7343. That was at noon. I put it on charge and never got it back. I might have added 300 more.
    Calories - 1660 or so. Hot air popcorn for dessert since I couldn't have toasted marshmallows.
    Exercise - 71 minute walk. 3 mph haven't measured the distance yet. Laptop is down.

I got lightheaded 2 more times while trying to make a pb&j. I tried not to move the rest of the day. I cooked dinner and was fine, thankfully.
    I get sized for compression socks in two weeks. I hope I can get them quickly after that.

I'm glad you are negative, megan. Good luck on your walk.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member

8/30/21:
    Steps: 5,895
    Floors: 10
    Calories Burned: 205🙃
    Intensity Minutes: 0/150. Not in the zone.

I did not forget. I will post my intro tomorrow. I just need to get to bed. Please be well, everyone.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry about the confusion. I won't be in the step challenge till further notice. Again, very sorry about the confusion.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    woooow amazing! Good job everyone!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member

1st @amymartin555 - 119,248 steps
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 - 95,610 steps
    3rd @Piqueaboo - 92,857 steps
    4th @mari_moulin - 91,901 steps
    5th @Tazaria87 - 75,583 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 917,124 Steps

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@Linda 7/7
    @Tanya 1/7
    @Piqueaboo 4/7
    @iradi8 3/7
    @rlaskey2 4/7
    @Tazaria87 5/7
    @red1185 5/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @amymartin555 7/7
    @Jpedno 4/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @mthomas0228 1/7
    @Shannonsto 4/7

d7i768dplfi9.jpg

August Grand Finale Results Are In:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:

1st @amymartin555 - 626,392 steps
    2nd @Piqueaboo - 400, 189 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 - 397,694 steps
    4th @mari_moulin - 394,804 steps
    5th @Shannonsto -325,357 steps
    Amazing Job Ladies :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 4,972,326 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)

That's pretty frigging amazing... THE NUMBERS!!! BAM BAM BAM. 👀👀👀👀

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited August 2021
    Good Tuesday Morning folks.... 😋

I only got 6 hours and 5 minutes sleep last night, but they were quality minutes. with a decent sleep score. The weather was nice and cool to boot. Woke up at 2am for a tinkle, and fell straight back to sleep.

At 4:00am my alarm went off, cause it's what I now like to call "Long Walk Tuesday's"... 😆 Oh, I could have stayed in bed so easily. I was so peaceful, so happy. But walk I must!

Why Tuesdays? Well, the weekend hike or walk usually has my knee's knackered for a few days (Sunday/Monday), which mean's Monday is an Elliptical day.... And Tuesday is the walk day, then my knee's will be knackered again for a few days. Thus, Wednesday is Elliptical Day and Thursday is boxing day, which coincidently means my legs are super fresh for LEG DAY FRIDAY. You see there is a method to my madness. 😜

The walk registered 3.5 miles this morning... Which was surprising, I don't recall it being that long last Tuesday? I finished it in the exact same amount of time, but my heart rate was notably less. I'm not sure if that's because it was so much cooler this week? or I'm just able to do more, without getting tuckered out. I would like to say I could of went faster if I pushed myself. However, I'll be honest. I don't really think I could of went much quicker. My knees and legs were pretty rickety out there by the half way mark and I just couldn't comfortably make my legs move much quicker. Not that I didn't have extra heart for it, it's just my dang bones, and joints just hurt to much and aren't cut out for it just yet. I could move pretty good for the first half though... 👍

For my efforts and burn this morning.. I'm giving myself an extra snack in my lunch. 😎

Have an amazing day... And try not to hurt anyone! 🤓😎👍😀🤗🤗🤗😋

xwrk0oms3340.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2021
    Tomorrow starts our 30 DAY
    QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE!
    If you are looking to go completely sugar-free or just want to cut out the extra added sugar from your diet then this challenge is for you. JOIN TODAY!! :)
    tlgabrvtduhw.png

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Daily Check-in: Monday 08/30

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/29 - 22,678
    08/30 - 23,722

Late check in team. Today was leg day at the gym which meant I had all the squats to do. Like literally all of them. Tomorrow is rest day for these poor legs then Thursday is back to school !!! Yippie!!!

As my days are gonna Go back to normal, I will be able to go to Gym after school drop off and get back into my IF schedule. Hopefully this will help me with my scale woes. Even though August was a bust on the scale, I’m super proud on my improvement in the gym and the muscle gains 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
    im9zlcr5gsdx.jpeg
    for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Happy Taco Tuesday Everyone....

GREG (THUNDER5453) SUN MON
    MFP FOOD LOGGING TRUE TRUE
    13K STEPS DAILY TRUE FALSE
    VARIED W/O'S TRUE TRUE
    Not the most productive day yesterday as it was an office day making phone calls to shut in Ostomates, due to the Delta variant. I am being moved from Kaiser to Virgin Mason/Chi Franciscan for my all of my ostomy needs as Kaiser does not have a ostomy nurse any longer. I felt like a ping pong ball between these 2 medical facilities going on 3 years now. OH well it is what it is at least I now have a regular WCON at St. Joe's.

I can see reading by reading of all your postings that I have some very fine tuning to do. As with the Fitbit Magnificent 7 I am only going to do what I am capable of. I have several combat injuries that limit my mobility and range of motions. I must pace myself throughout the day to be successful on a daily basis, and be able to be in it for the long haul. I don't let my disabilities stop me dead in the water, I just manage them and do work a rounds.

I have a plan and I work that plan. Yes sometimes it is altered because of varied situations, but bye and large I stick to the plan. I learned long ago that if you stray from said plan your world will be turned upside down. I experience that first hand many moons ago. So GOOD,BAD OR UGLY sticking to the plan is what I do.

Have a GREAT TACO TUESDAY
    Greg

• lindamtuck2018
    @jayenguk
    That’s a great idea drinking tea instead of snacking.

@rwood566
    Nice steps! I can’t remember if I asked you this before but do you put anything on your popcorn? I like Parmesan cheese but I don’t eat popcorn very often.

@Bluetail6
    Great steps!

@Poobah1972
    Awesome walk this morning!

@mari_moulin
    Wow! 5 ✔️yesterday. Well over 20k steps a day is amazing.

@THUNDER5453
    Maybe you didn’t reach your step goal but it sounds like you got a ton done. Great job logging your food.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Monday check in

❌ Steps
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Water

I am kicking myself in the *kitten* as I missed my step goal by less than 300 steps. Note to self: check watch before bed! My swim yesterday wasn’t what I wanted it to be but hey, I did my best and that’s all that matters. No swim today as I totally forgot I had an appointment this morning. 🤦‍♀️ When I get back I will be busy cleaning the apartment and sorting clothes for our trip. Hopefully, I will burn a few extra calories doing that.

Happy Tuesday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Monday numbers
    Steps

swim
    22 minutes moderate

Water weight workout
    21 minutes moderate
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    My bad
    Step Count for Monday
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning.
    @lindamtuck2018 I have some seasoning powders I can put on the popcorn, but i also like it plain. I am not into butter much anymore.

So far I'm not dizzy today. If it stays this way i will go to the wild animal park to see the 1 1/2 week rhino.

Have a great day everyone. Remember today is national trail mix day.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    I’m a little behind on posting steps...
    8/26: 12,919
    8/27: 13,077
    8/28: 13,166
    8/29: 11,378
    8/30: 10,788
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    8/30/21:
    Steps: 5,895
    Floors: 10
    Calories Burned: 205🙃
    Intensity Minutes: 0/150. Not in the zone.

I did not forget. I will post my intro tomorrow. I just need to get to bed. Please be well, everyone.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry about the confusion. I won't be in the step challenge till further notice. Again, very sorry about the confusion.

No problem ... Just let me know when you are ready ...Thanks for clearing it up :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone on this side of the pond. Good morning to you people waaaaayyyyyyyy over there.

Congrats on the high steps, ladies. 5 million steps for the month is very nice.

Check in for 8/30
    Steps - 7343. That was at noon. I put it on charge and never got it back. I might have added 300 more.
    Calories - 1660 or so. Hot air popcorn for dessert since I couldn't have toasted marshmallows.
    Exercise - 71 minute walk. 3 mph haven't measured the distance yet. Laptop is down.

I got lightheaded 2 more times while trying to make a pb&j. I tried not to move the rest of the day. I cooked dinner and was fine, thankfully.
    I get sized for compression socks in two weeks. I hope I can get them quickly after that.

I'm glad you are negative, megan. Good luck on your walk.

Thanks Roger ... No walk today .... still dealing with a migraine
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    8/30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 13683

Got up early and met my parents at the lake for the 3mile loop. Won't be able to do it every day like last week though, dad is traveling for work the rest of this week. Had a NSV when I got dressed after the walk and put on a pair of capri's that were too tight a month ago. My weight may not be changing much, but clearly my body still is.
This discussion has been closed.