Weight No More - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Happy September! My name is Sandie and I live in sunny/currently smoky Northern California with my wife, giant dog and crazy cat. I got back on MFP at the beginning of this year at my highest weight ever (271.1) and have been working on making small, sustainable changes to meet my weight loss goals. Starting this month I am down 68 lbs and looking to make it below 200 in September.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello Team and Happy Monday! My name is Sheryl and I have been using MFP for many years, and have also been using this F2F support group for many years. I like the accountability and the support of all of you. I don't post comments as often as I used to - but I do read the comments and I have learned a lot from all of you. I have also learned to try to make small changes since when I try to make too many changes at once I end up failing at everything!

In November of 2018 I posted a commitment to this group to give up all sweets - and I have done that perfectly ever since! I usually allow myself a piece of birthday cake each year - but another one of my downfalls is that I love "nuts" - so this birthday - which was last week - I treated myself to a bag of nuts. I know that many of you are thinking - "but nuts are good for you". Yes they are - in moderation. My problem is I can't eat them in moderation - if I buy a can - I eat the whole can. If I buy a bag - I eat the whole bag. It was the same situation with sweets - except that I had to give those up completely as I just couldn't seem to limit myself without having binge attacks!

I live in Michigan and I am 66 years young. I exercise every day, and I am a clogger and line dancer. I am a CPA so I get busy during tax season, but the rest of the year isn't too bad. I have a love/hate relationship with food! I love it - but I overeat and my portions are usually too big. I am forever learning how to deal with that - and tracking my food is a good way to be accountable - even if it is just for me. I like doing the weigh in each week so I don't let myself get too far out of control. When I eat bad and know that I have gained weight I will avoid getting on the scale. That can go on for weeks if I didn't have you guys- but with this group I always make sure I do a weigh in once a week. This healthy plan is a day at a time and I am always learning and always trying to be better, healthier and learn more. Thank you all for your support!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Welcome new members!

I'm Tracy, 49, from New Hampshire. I am an assistant director in childcare. I have 2 grown boys, 2 granddaughters and just found out we have another little on the way, not sure what it is yet, due in March. I love to do zumba and go walking. One of my granddaughters lives with me and loves to come with me. If I put my sneakers shes running to find some shoes. It's really cute. My work was closed last week for covid we had 5 kids and 1 parent diagnosed and today another child tested positive. My husband tested positive on friday and has been staying isolated in my basement. Today I just brought him to the er because hes getting worse. They wouldn't let me stay so I came home, I dont live far, thank goodness. They are going to be running a ton of tests. I'm surprised he went, he doesn't like drs. Maybe because his mother threatened to send an ambulance here for him.

My goals this month

Log my food/exercise at least 5 days week ( new dr wants to see this)

Get more exercise in

Get more water in

Do a better job at weighing and measuring my food
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Tomorrow starts our 30 DAY
    QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE!
    If you are looking to go completely sugar-free or just want to cut out the extra added sugar from your diet then this challenge is for you. JOIN TODAY!! :)
    tlgabrvtduhw.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    ~~ September Week One ~~

Happy Tuesday, folks! Welcome to our first week of September - I hope it's treating you well!

For anyone interested in using the habit tracker to help hold yourselves accountable: LINK
    And for anyone interested in the Quit Sugar Summit to keep your cravings in check: LINK

Quick Update on Me:

My birthday went well - ate and drank too much, as was to be expected, but I had a good time. Friday night dinner and drinks were exactly what I needed to decompress. Saturday was a cacophony of running around from spin class, to the coffee shop, to my shower, to my blowout, to a small lunch, and to a wedding for a good friend. And then Sunday was working out, grocery shopping, and napping. Honestly, I don't know what else I could ask for.

As for why you're really here...
    ~ Walking on a Dream? ~

... crickets
    WHOA WHOA WHOA, I am missing a TON of step counts. For those of you who regularly participate in the step challenge, I'm giving you until tomorrow. I don't like seeing this many zeroes.
  • sandielewis2001
    Steps for the last week..

8/22- 7,233
    8/23- 14,750
    8/24- 13,279
    8/25- 12,151
    8/26- 3,182
    8/27- 2,575
    8/28- 1,819

@minstrelofsarcasm - sorry for being late!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Final 2 new members joining your team .... Pleas3 welcome @kroderick and @ama3387 :)
  • lennoncpa
    I usually post my steps as a weekly total with my weigh in - but since you asked for it - here are my steps:

Sun- 8388
    Mon- 5212
    Tues- 11550
    Wed- 8269
    Thurs- 7097
    Fri- 8495
    Sat- 8644
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m Alyse I am 34 and am from New York. I am a medical coder/ biller so my work day is incredibly sedentary. I am a mom of 2 a high school boy and middle school girl. I was a single mom for a long time when they were little, so it was very easy to put myself and my health last. However covid really has put into perspective for me the importance of taking care of myself. My highest weight was 275.6 lbs and I am currently at 223.2 lbs. I am really ready to keep it moving. My goal weight is 145 lbs.
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Hey everyone! My name is Kimberly and I am 44. I live in Orlando, Fl with my husband of 18 years and our two daughters Giulianna, 12 and Olivia, 9, as well as my mom, 2 dogs and 2 kittens. We have a full house here. I am a tasting chef at a catering company - they basically call me the closer. Lol! I am on my feet all day at work and by the time I get home I am too exhausted from the heat of the kitchen to even want to exercise. I am hoping to find a way to incorporate that into my daily life. I bought a Bowflex bike and have installed the Peloton app on my TVs- unfortunately, I have only done 2 rides. I am hoping to get some encouragement and gentle pushes to get that done. I do have a lot of weight to lose with my SW at 317, CW at 302 and GW 160. I am looking forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone. My weigh in days are Monday.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member

I’m trying to get back on track with my sugar addiction. I am a happier, better person when I quit sweets and processed foods.
    I don’t want to go back down the road where I eat junk everyday and put the weight back on.

Anyone else need to kick your sugar habit?
    Tomorrow starts our 30 DAY
    QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE!
    If you are looking to go completely sugar-free or just want to cut out the extra added sugar from your diet then this challenge is for you. JOIN TODAY!! :)
    tlgabrvtduhw.png

• SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Good morning-September arrived on my weigh in day It’s been nuts trying to move two daughters out to college ( yesterday) university ( Sunday) and keep the third one calm while she tries to figure out her next steps post grad. Eating went out the window nutritionwise but I managed to keep the calories roughly under control Only one glass of red wine all week. So here are my day one stats including step count.

Highest weight 165
    Starting weight 152
    TODAY 149
    Goal 140

Steps
    08/25 4501
    08/26 6232
    08/27 5832
    08/28 4850
    08/29 4601
    08/30 6070
    08/31 4056 ( plus a 1 km walk forgot to wear the fitbit 😆)

Todays goal-finish packing. Eat a vegetable.
    💗
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week One

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.4 (August 25th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.6 (September 1st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.4 lbs

~ Onto the Step Counts Report ~

Thank you to those who provided me with step counts after I complained, whether they be weekly totals or daily counts. Please keep in mind that weekly step counts are recorded Sun-Sat, so if your count is different than you calculated, that may be why (I also make mistakes and whatnot from time to time, but that's less likely).

The Leaderboard:
    Team Totals:
    375,624 Steps
    8 Steppers
    49,630 Average Per Person

More than 10k Per Day:

@ljdanny - 76,742 total | 10,963 average
    @lennoncpa - 74,200 total | 10,600 average
    @kandi3570 - 70,774 total | 10,111 average

More than 3k Per Day:

@sandielewis2001 - 54,989 total | 7,856 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @pacsnc6 - 40,115 total | 5,731 average
    @SusanofRockwood - 21,415 total | 5,354 average - Most Consistent!
    @dbrinkmeyer - 32,710 total | 4,673 average
    @melaniedscott - 26,094 total | 3,728 average

Together as a team, we trekked nearly 2 MILLION steps over the course of August, the product of 12 strong steppers over four weeks. And yes, some of you walked more than others (there's four of you with over a quarter million steps total in August!) but every single one of you contributed to this incredible cumulative step count. Little things can make such a huge difference, little choices can make big impacts, all we have to do is put in that extra effort.
  • rachelrjh
    I’m having a somewhat normal week with being off work. I’m able to focus on myself, which is NICE. I’ll need to find balance in the weeks to come all the way thru Mid October. I don’t like it when my health goes on the back burner. I feel like that is what happens when I’m in full-time work mode.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 1
    pw: 161.5
    cw: 162
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    PW 187.4
    CW 187.0
  • lennoncpa
    @rachelrjh and @TeresaW1020 i am definitely a sugar addict and I actually gave it up November of 2018 but it is a daily struggle. I still try to convince myself that I can eat some just for a day but I know what would happen and I would be out of control again! I truly believe there are those of us who are addicted and can not eat sweets in moderation. I am one of them!!
  • rachelrjh
    Thanks for sharing @lennoncpa! I’m likely one of those sugar addicts who has a hard time eating sweets in moderation. Once I get started it seems to be a daily thing where I eat more and more of it. This September no sugar group is helping me get back in check and on track. I don’t think I want to cut it completely out. I want to control it where I stay under my daily ADA recommendation levels for women.
  • sandielewis2001
    September Week One
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 206.0 (August 26th)
    CW (Current Weight): 203.0 (September 2nd)
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    In November of 2018 I posted a commitment to this group to give up all sweets - and I have done that perfectly ever since! I usually allow myself a piece of birthday cake each year - but another one of my downfalls is that I love "nuts" - so this birthday - which was last week - I treated myself to a bag of nuts. I know that many of you are thinking - "but nuts are good for you". Yes they are - in moderation. My problem is I can't eat them in moderation - if I buy a can - I eat the whole can. If I buy a bag - I eat the whole bag. It was the same situation with sweets - except that I had to give those up completely as I just couldn't seem to limit myself without having binge attacks!

This...really spoke to me! I can't have croutons in the house because I'll just destroy them. It's my weird, can't control myself around it, food. I'm working to be able to have chocolate, crackers, etc in the house and am managing them ok, for the most part. I can't do the same for the croutons!

This discussion has been closed.