I Can't Give Up

To anyone that will listen,

I have been morbidly obese all of my life. I found out recently that my thyroid is slowly becoming under-active. My cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. I have been on this start-stop weight loss cycle so many times, but I truly can't give up. Losing 120 pounds can't be that hard right?

My mindset has been evolving recently regarding diet and exercise. I know this is preached all the time, but for the first time I felt it. I realized small changes in diet and finding an exercise I enjoy will move mountains for my health. Also, I need not to put a time frame on my weight goals. I started a beginners weight lifting regimen because I want to get super strong. I also implemented more fiber into my diet. I recently swore off restrictive diets and yo yo dieting. I'm learning to honor my body's cues like hunger and exercise intensity. I'm also trying not to weigh myself more than once a week. Scales are addictive and they unfortunately dictate my mood.

I can't give up on myself and nor should you! Go towards your goals no matter how small of a step you make. Drink some caffeine, play some pump up music and give yourself a hug. It's all gonna be okay. :)

Replies

• cmo5333
    cmo5333 Posts: 22 Member
    I’m also trying for a way-of-life journey that consists of my whole self. Doing it by implementing small changes and using other markers for the success of my journey like waist size, number of headaches I get, my blood pressure, how I feel, etc.

I’m often sarcastic and I swear a lot. If you can overlook these traits feel free to add me as I friend!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    That’s a great attitude. Keep it up. 🏆
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 228 Member
    Your mindset will get you where you need to be. I am slowly working my way to a better weight. I am returning after a 2 month break though I never quit logging or working out completely. I just let myself have the time I needed and I am ready to recommit fully as of a few days ago. Though I know it would be better for my health if I just bit the bullit and did what I need to do tho get the weight off more quickly I know that won't work for me in the end. I have improved my health, and fitness have improved, my doctors are pleased and the weight loss will take as long as it takes. Good luck, I know you can do this.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,528 Member
    Absolutely! And there will be days you hate it, when you feel like it's not fair. That's ok too. That's what makes it worth it. If it were easy, everyone would do it. But you're 100% right, it's one step at a time. One meal at a time, one day at a time, and yIou'll totally get there.