WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

j10cdga0dhfb.jpg
:) Flip the page on your calendar and start a new month full of opportunities to begin new habits and strengthen the ones that are in place.

:) I have enjoyed being on this journey to better health and fitness in the company of women who support and encourage me.

:) I seek every opportunity to be active and check in with this thread every day.

:) Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) It helps us all if you can sign every post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general. It helps us remember each other.

My word for 2021 is "lighten up" both in weight and in my approach to life.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Y
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,046 Member
    ❤️❤️
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,750 Member
    B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Thank you Barbie! We appreciate you!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    A new month. Such promise.
    I am grateful for the opportunity to read so many people's journey.

I am at work. I will be at work for many more hours and back at 8 am for a student conference. I am grateful for my students. They make the work worth it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Thank you for the September thread. I am grateful! ❤️😘❤️😘❤️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Happy September!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    Barbie, thank you for September!
    August was not all I hoped it would be, my exercise is up, but my weight is not moving, could have a lot to do with all that I am cramming into my mouth..... I tracked for the first time in ages, it wasn't pretty! I went for a 2 hr walk with a neighbour, good thing too, I burned 996 calories and that is all that stood between CI being under CO! Ah well, tomorrow is another day....
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heard from my soldier daughter yesterday--first by text, then by phone. She saved a man's life yesterday.

She walked into the base gym before work, dressed in her workout clothes, ready to do her morning workout. A couple of the staff members were flitting around a guy stretched out on the floor. He was unresponsive, not breathing. Kels settled everyone down and got started doing chest compressions (Red Cross current advice). She verbally rounded up a couple of big guys and had them carry him out to her truck--got someone else to lower the gate, etc., while she kept up with the chest compressions, and checked his airway every 30 compressions.

She also gave her keys to one of the guys to drive her truck, and tagged one other to get in the back with her to help keep the man and her from falling out. She continued the chest compressions until they got to the emergency room and an EMT took over for her.

That is one lucky guy--and a tremendous response to her training by Kelsey. It's also a clear picture of how she acts under pressure. The facility commander told her later that she will be doing CPR training for the rest of the troops and civilians next Tuesday. Her supervisor told her to call me and her dad and tell us what happened, which I thought was funny that they would phrase that as an order. So proud of Corey that he called her after he got the text and told her how impressed he was by her actions.

Watching the digits on the clock change... entered September just over an hour ago.
    My goals were - be lighter, be healthier, stick to the budget. I've lost three pounds--from 184 to 181, stayed in budget, and still working on the healthier bit.

Love, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Brought tears to my eyes, Lisa.

Well done, Kelsey.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather,

And how was the Flesh Market?

Inquiring minds wish to know.

:D:D:D

Love,

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Barbie- thank you as always for starting us off on another month..
    Lisa- you must be so very proud ...
    We will be getting the remnants of Ida today and tonight lots and lots of rain...
    No nap yesterday and just taking that garbage out yesterday and exertion i slept well and feel rested ,i think i might go through my cupboards today and get rid of old stuff in there
    Picked up the glider rocker and dropped it off last night at my daughters and my son in law took it up to the nursery
    Today they have a meeting with the school counselor fot Taliah to see what can be done she is just having a hard time dealing with everything and they dont have behavior health coverage insurance.. I told them them that any help they need im here..as a good grandma should
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    Barbie Thank you

Lisa great story to start the day.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Happy Wednesday, all!
    Barbie- Thank you for the September thread! Yes, things are beginning to tighten up in regards to covid, around here, as well.
    Tracey- You look very hip and cool in those glasses. B)
    Lisa- Hooray for Kelsey! She should definitely be proud of herself! You really find out if your brain and body can work together in moments of crisis. So awesome that her CO recognizes that in her!
    Rebecca- As a long distance grandma, I can agree with your sentiment, that it is the warmest and loveliest feeling when your grands ask for you, after you have gone home. <3
    Michele- Sorry to hear about Pete and PJ. Hope they both have light cases and recover quickly! It is going around childcare centers in Texas as well. A couple of teachers and students in my grandsons center have it.

Thinking of all of you who are in need of good vibes, healing thoughts! Busy week (I feel like I say that too much! lol) A holiday every day. Today we celebrate Halloween. A four year old "Blippi" showed up this morning; saw all of my dress up stuff out, and is now a "good pirate, not a bad one!" lol His two year old sister, in the meantime, is wearing a cat mask like a bathing suit top. :D

More kids arriving! I better scoot! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)