Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @coolscience181 I hope your first day back goes well.

@dawnhill1266 Good morning! I hope you have a great week, too!

@Cornanda Oh my, that's a lot of reading! LOL

@TeresaW1020 Will do! Oh stretches are a good idea, thanks for that. I'm glad you like your new workout. I'm ready for summer to be over, too!

@murdog3t Oh dear, I hope the fires don't affect you. Menopause is messing with me, too (I'm 52). Would love to see a picture of your fur baby.

@Katmary71 I'm sorry about the doctor but glad you have a referral.

Hi all. I did well yesterday until dinner time when we got a frozen pizza instead of making food. BUT...there was a win with that: I only ate 2 pieces of pizza instead of my usual 3-4.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @coolscience181

Hi all. I did well yesterday until dinner time when we got a frozen pizza instead of making food. BUT...there was a win with that: I only ate 2 pieces of pizza instead of my usual 3-4.

Good job!! I have finally internalized (I think) that this is a lifelong process that is all about making good decisions, not about perfection. I know that I will not go the rest of my life without pizza (or dessert, or other foods that i should limit). I will be very happy if, on the next day I sit in front of a pizza, I can happily eat two pieces and not mindlessly go to 3 or 4.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    @Katmary71
    I am in Napa.
    My sister is staying in Folsom for a few weeks till her duplex is being finished
    She said the smoke there was horrible
    It’s scary with all the evacuations happening in Tahoe
    I keep praying they will get control of these 2 huge fires 🔥 🔜
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @murdog3t Welcome to the team!! Wow, your life must be pretty stressful living near those fires and being an RN at a mental hospital. That is great that you have a fur baby to help you with walks. Stick with us and you will get that Covid 15+ off in no time! :)

@Katmary71 Shaun T is fun. I’ve been too scared to try Insanity, but he has a hybrid calendar of the dance program that incorporates Insanity and his other Beachbody programs. I will see if I have the guts when I finish this current program. :grin: Wow, good for you for getting what you needed from such a difficult doctor. I hope the GI doctor can help and that he has a very nice bedside manner. <3

@trooworld Good job moderating the pizza! I haven’t had a good frozen pizza in a really long time. What is your favorite to get? I will live vicariously through you! :D

Hi Team! I went and got my hair done today, which always makes me happy. No more grey and my cut are back to be manageable. I’m going to have to post a new pic now that I’ve given up the red and gone brown. :grin: Tomorrow, I’m going to work to start training to take over the bookkeeper position at the church. She works every Wednesday, and I will go in and work with her until January and then I will be on my own. I think I can do it even though math is the devil. >:)

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): I was over my calories today but also way over my protein so I’m hoping the scale doesn’t scream at me tomorrow.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 2.3 grams of added sugar from frozen onion rings.
    3. Exercise (BOD program and/or 30-day challenge, church cleaning):Let’s Get Up with Shaun T
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131.4
    CW: 131.1
    All right, new month, new start!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    WELCOME SEPTEMBER!! Are you all ready to make this an awesome month? :)
    vdv889wl3hgu.jpg

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    New Day
    New Month
    New Goals
    Let's go get it!

I like that. It's a good day to be great. I'm striving for that today! Miracle in the making! B)
  • trooworld
    @jan110144 Thank you! That's a good way to look at it, I should keep that in mind. re: your weigh-in...you know, some weeks are like that. You do everything right and you expect something great on the scale (at least I do!) and waa waa nothing. Just keep doing what you are doing!

@TeresaW1020 I like Wild Mike's brand, it's pretty good. Yay for getting your hair done! LOL math is the devil! I agree.

@GabiV125 Yes, let's do this!

Hi all. This is about the time of year I start to slack on the good habits I've developed through the year. Not this year, I can't. I need to lose weight for my health and other reasons! The number one habit I need to keep up with is tracking and so far, I'm doing that. I also need to work on water intake...that's always a struggle.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well it’s Sept 1 and kids are off to school. Which means finally routine is back. lol. Today’s plan is to do a quick little workout off of mfp (one of the plans can’t remember which one I started) and then 40 min on the treadmill. I log on WW and on mfp is my goal is to get a blue dot at least 25 days this month and to stay within my calories for 25 days. I also plan every morning to check in with progress. Good or bad. Hopefully this we’ll keep me accountable.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    edited September 2021
    @katmary71- Glad you got what you wanted. Some docs are terrible listeners and not empathetic either! They need a good talking to once in awhile.

@murdog3t - hope everyone stays safe from the fires. I find them terrifying- and I live in FL. Give me a good ole hurricane any day. I am also an RN, but got out of bedside care years ago. I do vividly remember my clinical rotation in a mental hospital during nursing school.

@TeresaW1020 - would love to see your hair! I agree that math is the devil, but I decided to take a "mathy" job 10 years ago and math and I are friends now. You got this!

@GabiV125 - Nice little loss! New Month! New Start!

@jan110144 - Sounds like you had plenty of non scale victories this week- celebrate them!

@askewcr - You ARE a miracle in the making! Go get it!

@trooworld - what happens if you sit tight right now through this "I've messed up here before" bump and ride it out? I bet that once your yips pass you'll be right back where you need to be. Just because it happened before DOESN'T mean it has to happen again. You've put MANY good habits in place this year and I know you got this.

@trooworld - I've got one of your airfryer recipes on my upcoming menu. Last night I made chimichangas in it and they came out delish! Have you made those?

@renaegry - Summer at the lake is excellent but getting back to routine feels good too.

Well, I'm not quite doing everything I need to this week. I opened a box of Wheat thins that I bought for company and didn't use. I've been eating them randomly instead of healthier snacks. Last night my bad habit of eating while making dinner flared up. Haven't had that problem for awhile. Food and exercise have been good otherwise. This morning hubs and I went for a walk and it started pouring, so we ran home. He is a runner. I am not. He ran slowly with me and got just as wet as I did. He's a very good man. I found out I can run further than I think I can--- at least when it's raining. :D

Sleep is better, but not great. I woke up 4 times last night, but was not awake long enough to have to get out of bed after any of them. That's progress!

I've also noticed that when I hit a new low weight I tend to bounce right back up for a bit before heading down again. I used to think that was my body's way of saying "not so fast girl" and grabbing some weight back. After this week, I'm wondering if I feel more license to eat after hitting a new low. Something for me to ponder.

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    @jan110144 I understand your frustration with the scale. It’s really annoying when you have been doing everything right. But just keep at it and it will go down. And frankly, if your clothes are fitting better then that is even better than a number on the scale. Have you been working out more? That will also affect the scale but do great things for your body. :)

@trooworld You CAN NOT give up on yourself!! You have come too far and you have places to go. Think about your workouts and all the good eating habits you have developed. This is the first of the month and we can do a tracking challenge and hold each other, and anyone else who wants to join, accountable. I’ve attached a tracker that I made. I keep it near my computer, and every day in August I made sure to fill it out. I really think it's what helps keep me so mindful to pre-track and then do a final count after my last meal. I’m doing the same for September. :)

@renaegry Checking in with us is a great way to stay accountable. We are always better together. ;)

@Cornanda Oh no, I hope you and hubby were laughing together at being caught in the rain. :D I am the same with the weight bounce. Down, then back up, then down again. So, I think there is some real truth in that but I also know that we can play games with ourselves after we have a loss. I used to have a real issue that on Fridays if I had a loss, I would let myself eat more or drink more wine, only to have the scale back up on Saturday. I now try to keep Friday as a day where I don’t overeat and will often be even stricter on Fridays. Maybe someday I can bring my precious Wine Fridays! :p

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I survived my first day of training for the bookkeeper job at the church. I actually think much of it will be fun. Of course, I need to wait to see what paying the taxes will be like before declaring victory. :D I had to go to Sams today and I have church tonight, so I didn’t do a workout, but I am doing a new 30 day back strengthening challenge and did that today. Food and sugar were great today. Scale isn’t really moving down but I’m holding out hope for Friday. :grin:

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): Calories were 1346 and protein 110.9 grams.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 0.5 grams of added sugar from light mayo
    3. Exercise (BOD program and/or 30-day challenge, church cleaning):Better Back Challenge (15 reverse fly, 15 pullovers, 15 upright rows).
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Another new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @tammymccrady6278 :)
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Feeling a bit better this morning. Scale reflected a 1.1 pound loss. I think I may go back to weighing daily. For me it is easier to deal with fluctuations on a daily basis than it is to work hard for a week and see no progress because the day you weigh happens to be a day when you retained fluids for some reason.
  • dawnhill1266
    dawnhill1266 Posts: 9 Member
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 220
    CW: 217.5

I usually have a good weight loss my first week. Would be nice if every week was at least 2 lbs lol.

Have a good day everyone 😊
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Yesterday was a good day. Kids were off to school. Got all my work done that I wanted. Did day 1 of mfp low impact strength workout followed by 40 min 4.0 brisk walk on treadmill. Eating was good. Cals in 1269 cals out 2541deficit 772 left for day ( taken from Fitbit). Today’s plan is 40 min on treadmill. Will save the outdoor runs for next week when I have to drive for football in the mornings.
  • trooworld
    edited September 2021
    @Cornanda Thank you, yeah I could sit still and ride it out. I'm thinking of the money I would save by quitting: we want to get a Tonal (www.tonal.com) and I could apply that money towards the monthly membership. I promise to not just quit spontaneously, if I do quit WW, it will be a well-thought-out decision. <3 Which recipe are you going to make? Ooh, I've never made chimichangas in the air fryer but would love a recipe!!! Sorry you got rained on, I'm glad your hubs ran with you. That's good your sleep was better. That's an interesting observation about your weight.

@TeresaW1020 Oh I would not give up on myself (I don't think lol), just quit WW and do calorie counting. Thanks to F2F, I feel committed to trying to lose weight. Thanks for the tracker. I think you'll make a fine bookkeeper!

@jan110144 Yay for the scale being down!

@dawnhill1266 Fantastic loss! Have a good day, too!

Hi all. I did okay yesterday, I bought breakfast at the cafe at work but it was an egg white omelet. We took my SIL out for dinner and drinks for her birthday last night and we shared a bunch of appetizers and a dessert.

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 7/28:227.4
    Check in weight (9/1/2021): 225.2
    Check in weight (9/8/2021):
    Check in weight (9/15/2021):
    Check in weight (9/22/2021:

Good morning all, I'm alive! It's been rough this past couple of weeks. My knees "blew up" with swelling making it so difficult to even walk. It's better this week. My doctor told me I can get the Euflexxa injections anymore due to them being pulled from approval....anyone familiar with these meds, have you heard this? I'm on my own now with my knee pain.
    Kiddo is doing good in school, I am doing ok with her gone since I've been able to see her on the weekends so far (we will see how long that lasts).

Have a good rest of your week! :)
This discussion has been closed.