WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited September 2021
    Thank you BARBIE!

Lisa - Well done Kelsey! Cool head. :D Great that she rang you. I'm sure, as someone said, it helps with the debrief.

I had a productive day. Usual exercise, even without DH. o:) Then I decided to do my roots, in case I get round to doing a video with my son, (expert), or even some publicity photos. I still carried on doing my editing. :p Managed 90 mins. Plus I put a warm wash on, which I still have to hang up.
    Painter still painting. Must buy milk this pm and make yoghurt. My younger son has changed the time of the bbq to Saturday lunchtime, which rather messes up the schedule, but it will all be OK. I have offered to contribute a Greek salad and Tzatziki. If we don't have time to do my stuff, I will just concentrate on seeing my son, who I haven't seen for 20 months. That's more important. <3 He has lost a lot of weight since his health scare. A combination of Mediterranean diet and lots of cycling. I was awake a lot in the night, ruminating over the visit. I don't do well with disruption, but I want him to have a relaxed time. ;)

Tandoori chicken tonight and homemade coleslaw. When DH is out, I have to make a meal that can be served at two separate times.

Love to all. Sorry about your sister, Julie. :(

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :) Since the beginning of the pandemic I have danced in our hobby room by myself a few days a week. I look out the window at my driveway and the flat paved street and imagine a group of dancers and wish we could all be dancing together, but the concrete driveway would be so hard on everyone that it wouldn't be worth it. Line dancing outdoors for my senior age class just wouldn't work, so I go back to gratitude that I am able to dance.

:)Lisa, what a great thing your daughter did.

:) I finished another blanket to take to Project Linus. It is red, white, and blue. The next one will be red, white , and hot pink.

:)Heather, I don't do well with disruption, either. I like my comfortable schedule.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    My husband and I went to a play tonight. We found the first act a little slow, but the second and third acts made up for it!!

We haven't been out to a play in a long time, so it was nice to do that again. :)

https://playhouse.org.au/shows/the-stranger-2021/

f4bonzkor3lv.png

M in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Heather,

And how was the Flesh Market?

Inquiring minds wish to know.

:D:D:D

Love,

Karen in Virginia

I’m wondering too! 🤪
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🧦👖👚
  • Machka9
    I've started my month's climbing with 32 flights of stairs - up and down. :) Long way to go yet but I'm on track.

I've also prelogged a number of my days and it turns out I need about 230 cal of exercise each day. That's OK. I can do that. :)

I'd love to see at least one kg drop off in September.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Action for Happiness Calendar

"This month's theme: Self Care September

Self-care isn't selfish, it's essential. No-one's perfect. But so often we compare our insides to other people's outsides. This month we're encouraging everyone to be kinder to themselves (as well as others), especially when things go wrong. Self-care increases our resilience and helps us get more out of life. It also helps us accept others as they are too."
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/self-care-september
    9r22a3mytq39.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka :love: your new profile pic and spring flowers. Here we are in high summer and extreme drought so those fresh looking blooms really lifted my spirits.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

That picture was taken in February 2016 ... when we were fit and strong and younger. :)

Here's a white rose with a friend ... taken yesterday. We have roses pretty much year round.
    wqgqx043iuhj.png

• JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Welcome September!

September goals:

More walking now that the outdoor pool season is ending on Monday. The indoor aquatic classes start in two week and I will be in the pool three nights a week.

The Kayak club is reducing hours but I will be kayaking two- three days a week regardless of the weather.

Weight goals: drop five pounds in September

Welcome Renaeder!

Tomorrow wil be a better day.

Jenn

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: fast for labs, Freddie’s for rx, BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: draft ARP funds proposal for fire districts, started excavating the laundry mountain.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, BiMart, Farmers’ Market, recycling, call shelter for trim schedule, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    31: Share Action for Happiness with other people today: emailed link to T.
    September 1: Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish, it’s essential. JDI!

Note to self: Watching Ben and Jerry’s Clash of the Cones, after 2 glasses of wine, not a good choice.

August Summary and September Plan
    Cleaning commitment only tiny improvement. Try again to stand up and dust for 10 mins before leaping down the internet rabbit hole.
    Step average, Shadow time WAY up :smile:.
    CI<CO days improved but CI<250<CO fell WAY back.
    Joe time and AF days slipped. Vits, Tumble time a little better. All others held steady..
    Weight down 0.2 lbs to lowest so far this year, I’ll take it!.
    Changed dancing goal to 30 mins at home since not dancing at the Grange Tuesdays.
    Thankful T’ai Chi will meet outdoors.

August results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 94%/106%, steps=average: 7222 vs 6704 step days:77%/61%, vits=98%/92% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 94%/84% CI<250<CO=74%90% Tumble 5/10=71%/71% Shadow 5/10=97%/60% mfp=103%/97% AF=61%/71% outside= 116%/129%, up hill=113%/110% cleaning73%/61%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=100%/78%, dance=75%/80% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=89%/78%, rx=100%/120% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=2/0
    Aug 31: 140.0 July 31: 140.2 June 30: 141.5 May 31:142.4 Apr 30:141.5 Mar 31:145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:141.3 Jan 1:145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3
    Waist: 42.0/42.0 thank goodness.

September resolve- .
    Re-commit to daily: 10 mins cleaning before solitaire, be really present with Joe, get those dogs down to the powerline without fail. Link to other daily habits.
    Weekly: Tuesday 30 mins line dance at home. Wed 1 hr T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Fri: 1 hr T’ai Chi. Mon,Thurs, Sun: 15 mins BB&B, pilates, yoga or wii balance games. Sat: 1 hr pack walk.
    Keep walking with T, D & R. Encourage Joe to walk or bike.

Thank you Barbie! I also feel better about my “no indoor activities” decision while watching, with dismay, our county’s numbers explode. :sad:
    Julie, yes outdoor T’ai Chi, preferably on turf. Unfortunately the others in the class find the ground too uneven so we’ll practice on the concrete “stage”. Grateful to be able to meet with class at all ;)
    Pip where is that beautiful stream?
    Allie holding good thoughts for your neighbor.
    Machka :love: your new profile pic and spring flowers. Here we are in high summer and extreme drought so those fresh looking blooms really lifted my spirits.
    Heather Brava for your 3 pound credit success! Fingers Xd they send the right stuff this time. Mystery diner? You’ll be great!!!
    Welcome @slimnfit613 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Rita “flesh market” hahahahahaha.
    Katla yes here in Southern Oregon numbers continue to worsen, new cases per day 10 times greater than last winter. I’ve reverted to lockdown mentality, no indoor activities, livestream church, outdoor t’ai chi, minimal grocery shopping. :cry:
    Debbie “I have now started a few merchandising shops” What does that mean?
    Tracey :love: the hippie glasses, and the gilded nails ;)
    Lisa Kelsey, wow. Talk about calm in crisis. Bravissima!

Huckleberries are bigger and sweeter this year than ever before. Joe saw Tumble pulling some off the bush and eating them so he asked if they were ok. I cautioned him that they could tart but are very healthy to eat, loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols. Now he grazes the bushes whenever he’s out with the dogs and is even adding the berries to his oatmeal. Whod’ve thunk it? Mr. “pig for breakfast, cow for dinner” has really changed his eating habits. I may get to keep him a little longer! :heart:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 28, weigh/wii: 30/0/0; steps>6704=2750 :P vits=29.5, log=30, CI<CO=29, CI<250<CO=23, Tumble=21, Shadow=29, mfp=31, outside=35, up hill=34, clean 10=23.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=4. rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:18 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

That was at Ketchikan Alaska on our trip last time we went there
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    renaedar wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this group. I fit the age just right. This year has been good and I just spent from August 2020 to August 2021 with losing 85 pounds. I track everything and still have 40 to 50 pounds to lose. I am 5 "1 and so all the weight was really killing me! Today is a new day and I will be happy. Walking at lunch and breaks are how I keep energized though the day. In Oct. I have my health assessment and hopefully all the numbers will be better than last year!!

Awesome work! Congrats and welcome
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited September 2021
    Rita - Loving the boys! Great halo! :p Love the black and white outfit. I would wear that. :D

Flesh market? I wonder what we could find there! When I was on my own for years, I fantasised about hiring a gigalo. Do you think they'd have one on discount? >:)

Done my afternoon rowing, bought the milk, and now I'm relaxing with a very naughty small pot of hummus. :o It's worth the calories. Today I celebrate losing another half pound. One more to go to hit the 'normal' range again. :drinker: Painter is painting the stairs. Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh! I'm terrified to touch anything! I brushed by the kitchen door surround and got paint on my t shirt. Had to douse it with white spirit. It's beginning to look fabulous though. We definitely chose the right white.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Barbara - I ended up with £5 credit after my complaint. Yeah!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    zzzzzz
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Tracey love the glasses

Lisa how wonderful that your daughter was able to do that.

Barbie thanks for always being here.

Flea I hope the small lesions turn out ok.

Kylie getting your training done is great. I know I'm falling down on my exercise with all my work.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    HAPPY SEPTEMBER 1, 2021 Thank you for starting us off, Barbie. I am grateful. :bigsmile:

Kim – I hope September is a good month for us all. Stress is tough. I hope this month is less stressful for each of us. :flowerforyou:

Machka – My calendar says September 22 is the first day of fall. We still get to enjoy summer until then. :star:

Tracey – I envy your patients getting their third shots. We would like to get ours, because we will be traveling by air to help our son and daughter in law by babysitting our grandson while they go off to the hospital to have a new baby. I hope we can get the third vaccination before we leave. We will have to wait and see how it goes. :grumble:

Lisa – Your daughter, Kelsey, is a heroine who saved a man’s life. I am proud for you, and for us all, that she is well trained and skilled enough to save a life. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Barbara – Hooray for Tumble!!! He taught your DH the value of Huckleberries. :bigsmile:

Kylia – Best choice in any situation is the best a person can do. You are admirable. :star:

Michele – I hope your grandsons recover well and quickly. :heart:

Rita - Your grandson is a good looking guy. :bigsmile: Enjoy teaching 4th grade today. :star:

renaeder – WELCOME! :star:

Carol in GA – I am happy to see your post. It is good to see you! :flowerforyou:

September goals - Stay safe, stay in touch with family and friends, and stay healthy.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ok so i got up and dressed ,had a cup of tea and some cottage cheese and peaches..im resting now.. sort of feeling tired so I will rest its rainy out today and it will keep up as we are getting remnants of Ida.. I feel so bad for Louisiana and those southern states that got pummeled by it and the fires out west..praying all of it will slow down soon
    Made an appointment with the attorney Thursday the 9th to revise my will and get that straightened out..i want my sucks in a row before something happens especially after the surgeries