NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie Yes, you need to be healthy to chase that baby around! Do you ride with baby girl? Are you thinking about teaching at Sunday school? I bet you would be a good teacher. There IS another day and we can make better decisions today! LOL...it was good.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! That seems like a good source! Yes I am very excited. But now DH says we should wait until they do the window back there, which is on the adjoining wall. I say not to wait because it could take another 2 years to do. He had me email the HOA to see when they are going to start. Yes, you are right, I should have eaten breakfast!!! :D You sound like you are back to your old self, that's great. LOL...I'm an uncoordinated white girl, too! I think you will have no problem shopping and will get all the pretties!!!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad your little dog just ate something wrong. My Monday was "ok". How was yours?

Hi all. I just accepted friends requests from 2 people that I'm not 100% sure are real people lol. I guess if I start seeing weird things on my feed, I know they weren't real. Yesterday started out well. I only ate one snack at work: an apple. I went for a 23-minute walk with my boss. But then DH said he didn't want to cook and could I stop for a frozen pizza and oh, by the way, can you get some beer? :P I did do better with the pizza than normal: I had 2 smaller pieces and only one beer. I would usually eat at least 3 pieces.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Yes, you need to be healthy to chase that baby around! Do you ride with baby girl? Are you thinking about teaching at Sunday school? I bet you would be a good teacher. There IS another day and we can make better decisions today! LOL...it was good.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! That seems like a good source! Yes I am very excited. But now DH says we should wait until they do the window back there, which is on the adjoining wall. I say not to wait because it could take another 2 years to do. He had me email the HOA to see when they are going to start. Yes, you are right, I should have eaten breakfast!!! :D You sound like you are back to your old self, that's great. LOL...I'm an uncoordinated white girl, too! I think you will have no problem shopping and will get all the pretties!!!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad your little dog just ate something wrong. My Monday was "ok". How was yours?

Hi all. I just accepted friends requests from 2 people that I'm not 100% sure are real people lol. I guess if I start seeing weird things on my feed, I know they weren't real. Yesterday started out well. I only ate one snack at work: an apple. I went for a 23-minute walk with my boss. But then DH said he didn't want to cook and could I stop for a frozen pizza and oh, by the way, can you get some beer? :P I did do better with the pizza than normal: I had 2 smaller pieces and only one beer. I would usually eat at least 3 pieces.

It was a typical manic Monday. Is it the holiday yet? Lol 😂
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Soon enough! LOL

Hi all. Yesterday was so-so. My back was hurting and I didn't feel like eating my yogurt and berries so I got a bagel from the cafe at work. I went home from work early and laid on the couch for the rest of the day reading a book. Dinner was as planned last night so that was good. Our spare room is ready for the Tonal but now my husband is concerned that the construction will start on the adjoining wall and impact the Tonal. I say let's get it now because it's going to be a long time before they start work on that other wall and even if they start work on it, the Tonal won't be on that wall.

In other matters, I feel the fall coming on in my state of mind related to my WLJ. This is when I usually quit WW and go rogue. I feel the urge to do it but is this time different? Will I continue tracking in Cronometer and stay on plan? I don't know.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well it’s Sept 1 and kids are off to school. Which means finally routine is back. lol. Today’s plan is to do a quick little workout off of mfp (one of the plans can’t remember which one I started) and then 40 min on the treadmill. I log on WW and on mfp is my goal is to get a blue dot at least 25 days this month and to stay within my calories for 25 days. I also plan every morning to check in with progress. Good or bad. Hopefully this we’ll keep me accountable.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited September 2021
    @trooworld I hope your back is feeling better. I am in agreement with you and that you should get the Tonal now! If you’re like me, then when you decide you want something you don’t want to wait. Just make sure to tell the Tonal installment people about the upcoming work and see what they suggest. Only you can decide if quitting WW is right for you. I think we both know that it’s not about the tracking in WW that is anymore helpful than tracking in Cronometer is. Both work if you do the work. You know I hate tracking but I’m going on my second month and plan to stick to it. If you want a Cronometer accountability buddy just let me know!

@renaegry OK you have a great plan and sound like you are ready to take serious action. Let’s do this!! :grin:

Hello! So, today was my first day of training to learn the bookkeeper’s job. I was nervous about what to expect, but honestly, I know I can do it and it won’t be too complicated and might even be fun. So, that is a relief for all concerned. I will go in every Wednesday and by January, I should have a good understanding of how to work the software and by next summer will revamp it all and make it more efficient. :grin: After I came home, DH and I went to Sams to buy a bunch of supplies for my cleaning job and this evening we have church. So, I’m not doing a workout program today, but I am starting a 30 day back strengthening challenge and plan to get up in a minute and go get that done. Food has been good, and I have tracked it all. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I had some friend requests too. I just look at their profile and see do they look normal. Sometimes you can just tell by their sexy pics. lol So what's with the urge to quit WW. Have you been successful recently on other plans? Counting is counting no matter what you count.

@gemwolf110 Any special plans for the holiday? I'm headed to Chicago on Friday. That's my big plan. Cookout on Sunday with old friends. I've already told my friend no need to supply sweets or snacks for me. She's a former food buddy but has lost some weight.

@renaegry Your goal with the 25 blue dots sounds good. Did you have a go back to school party? I used to love first day of school. I'm alone......I'm alone.....

@teresaw1020 I'm glad you are feeling better. Did you get your back strengthening challenge started?

I'm eating just over the top of my carbs and calories. So I need to bring it down. Exercise has been about 50% this week. This is not helping me get to my goal.

187/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    50% water

• trooworld
    @renaegry Routine is good lol. That's a good goal you have.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, my back is feeling better, just in time for boxing tonight! I'm exactly like you lol, no waiting here. Unfortunately, my husband is the polar opposite...he needs to think about it and then not think about it and then think about it some more. Luckily, he's already thought a lot about the Tonal and wants it. ;) That's a good idea to talk to Tonal. Yeah I was thinking about what someone else said on F2F: I'm either going to track or I'm not. I think that was someone in F2F? I kind of think that for myself. I might take you up on the accountability buddy. :D I think nothing is as scary as our mind makes it out to be. I'm glad it went well with the bookkeeping training. Yay for tracking!

@theslightedgeforever That's what I did, I looked at when they signed up and if I could see any activity and how many friends they had. I want to quit WW so I can more easily afford the Tonal. Also, I have only lost 9 lbs this year on WW. Also, I am either going to track or not track and tracking can be done on Cronometer for free! I have another reason, I'll talk about it below. 50% exercise is pretty good, it's better than nothing. And I see your water at 50%. Pretty good, too. But I know you can do better. :)

Hi all. We took my SIL out for her birthday last night to a restaurant and had a bunch of appetizers and a couple of drinks. I have no idea how to track the appetizers. :( I found out the WW center I go to is closing. I feel like it's a sign that I should quit WW. I could go to another center further away but honestly, I've been to that other center and am not particular enamored with the leader. I still don't know what I am going to do. If I'm going to do WW, I need to start tracking in WW again...I stopped when I started tracking in Cronometer.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Yesterday was a good day. Kids were off to school. Got all my work done that I wanted. Did day 1 of mfp low impact strength workout followed by 40 min 4.0 brisk walk on treadmill. Eating was good. Cals in 1269 cals out 2541deficit 772 left for day ( taken from Fitbit). Today’s plan is 40 min on treadmill. Will save the outdoor runs for next week when I have to drive for football in the mornings. Daughter has gymnastics tonight. I’m the treasurer of the club so will be taking my computer and getting some work done there. Reading a good book right now so might be a struggle to work or read lol.

🔵 = 1

@theslightedgeforever did my own little happy dance of being back on routine and quiet house. Kids are grade 8 and grade 11 this year. My son has a spare so comes home sometimes thru the day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited September 2021
    @trooworld You are right. I can do better. What kind of appetizers did you have? How much did you eat? Was it hor d'oeurves like stuff? When I go to parties I track it that way if it's served that way. But you still need to know how much you ate. Did you pick up 1-2 things and put it on your plate or did you just keep eating from the server plate and don't really know? I always yell at hubby when he picks off my plate. I'M COUNTING.....
    I say quit WW. Your heart is not really in it. If you change your mind later then you can do that when you cross that bridge as they say. It's not about Pass/Fail. It's about finding things that work for you. Right now that's not working for you. The new leader doesn't motivate you it sounds like. Double tracking is extra work if you like the Cronometer. The money can go towards the Tonal. But the question is Will you USE that tonal when it's in your house? How often do you use the bike that's in your house? I have a whole gym in my house that I have problems using regularly. I seem to be doing better here. I need to figure out why that is. Both me and my hubby saw the tonal and was like Wow we need to get that. Then I said, let's just use what we have and then if we are consistent with that we can buy the other. They have one of these in the gym here and I haven't tried it yet. It's in a small room to the side and I don't really want to spend most of the time staring at it trying to figure out how to get it to work the first time. lol So I just use the machines and hand weights cause I know how to use them. How much weight, etc.

@renaegry Woohoo! Success on Day 1. I need to get my head back in the success zone. All I need to focus on is TODAY. Just do what I've planned for the day and that's it.

187/164 Yellow
    42 min walk (This was on Tuesday. Yesterday I put no exercise but forgot I'm always posting a day behind No exercise was for yesterday.)
    50% water
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I did day one of my back strengthening challenges but I didn’t today because I worked and am just plain too tired. I’m going to try to make it up tomorrow. Are you pre-tracking your carbs and calories? I find that helps me more than anything else to stay where I need to be. If only I didn’t it every single day. :/

@trooworld Tracking things like appetizers at a restaurant just need your best guess. I always try to figure high and call it good enough. I think your WW center closing is a for sure sign that you should consider quitting. What exactly is WW giving you that you can’t do on your own or use a different method? I think that is an important question to figure out for yourself. :)

@renaegry Good job eating well and getting in your workout! B)

Hello! Today has been pretty good. I had an extra-long staff meeting that ended with us realizing that we need more time together in a social setting other than just hurriedly trying to meet once a week. So, we are going to start having a monthly dinner with our spouses. There are 7 of us on staff and all of them have full-time jobs outside the church. So, this adds extra stress and for the success of our mission, it’s so important that we are a tight unit. I am happy that we could hash it out this morning and talk about what is lacking and what we can do going forward. I then cleaned the one building and came home tired. Women’s Bible study starts back up tonight and I’m happy about that but we have two of our ladies out with Covid. One is a senior and she is really sick and might have to go into the hospital. So lots of prayers will be said. :'(
  • trooworld
    @renaegry What are you reading?

@theslightedgeforever We had semi-healthy appetizers: tuna tartare, hummus with flatbread, this grilled skirt steak, watermelon with halloumi cheese, and mint. Then we shared a vegetarian gnocchi dish between the 3 of us. I did not eat much. I did track, I just don't know how accurate it is since i wasn't measuring. The question about the Tonal is a good one: I don't know for certain, but I think I will. The bike is different: it hurts to ride it, that is why I don't ride it. I think I will use the Tonal because I do like to lift weights, it's not complicated to change things up to do different exercises, I'm committed to using it, and I like technology and the Tonal is the ultimate technology. It has workouts that you do a certain number of days a week (or you can do your own program).

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I did track, just not perfectly. That is a good question. I think the only thing that WW is giving me that I can't get elsewhere is the meetings and accountability of weigh-ins. But I get that on F2F. That's good that you were able to talk things through with the staff. I'm sorry about the ladies that have COVID, I hope things improve with them.

@cbabie Come out come out wherever you are! :) Thinking of you and hoping you aren't having a rough time.

Hi all. Thanks for your thought-provoking questions. It helped me think things through. I'm leaning towards going rogue and quitting WW. I'm also going to let my boxing class pass expire and not renew it, it's too much money ($120 a month) that we could put towards the Tonal. Like I said before, I'm either going to track or I'm not and I can do that with Cronometer or WW. I can get support here and on F2F challenge. I don't think I'm going to go totally off the rails this time, I think I feel more committed to my WLJ this time. I think there is a FEAR of losing it but I don't think I actually will.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I am sorry I have not been online. I get on just long enough to read one or two post and then have to get off the computer. I have had crazy days this week that has not allowed me to get on here. I have exercised, like bike ride and walks all week though and eating has been so so. God is working in my life and I can see it.LOL He is always working, sometimes I just don't "see" it.

@trooworld you comment hit me and I need to reply this to you. I am reading Joyce Myers book Do It Afraid. When you said you fear losing it...I want to say to you do it afraid....you got this. you have listed all the reasons and made a choice based on experience and wisdom. You got this. I have never heard of the tonal but will look it up.

@TeresaW1020 yes I believe we need the social..unless your my DH...he seems to just want to stay at home and play games or play with baby girl. LOL. I hope you get your energy back soon and I am praying for your dear member. Our church lost another one last week to Covid..It was sad as his "new wife" and him had just gotten married about 2 or 3 months ago..they are both farther along in life.. :). lost both their spouses and became friends and then that turned into lets get married..they were so enjoying life...but they had a few months together has husband and wife and God had blessed them.

@gemwolf110 Isn't it funny the little things we take for granted (like clipping our toe nails) until we can't do it? I hope you heal quickly and sounds like a plan on your schooling..

@theslightedgeforever Chicago uh...I don't ever want to go there, but I know you have friends there. Have fun and enjoy.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I think you are making the right decisions about WW and from my short time using Cronometer, I have learned so much about nutrients and what foods are and aren’t my friends. Not all calories (or WW points) are created equal and finding what works for our individual bodies is going to be so much more beneficial in the long run. I think you will love the Tonal and my biggest suggestion is that you make working out with it non-negotiable. When I did that with my Beachbody workouts it not only became a habit that I did but a habit that I wanted to do. WW served a good purpose for you as it did for me, but now it’s time to spread your wings and fly all by yourself. I totally believe in you!! <3

btauhzzns2bo.jpg

@cbabie I’m glad to see you stopping by and letting us know how you are doing. Yes, God is always working, and it works much better when we stop and pay attention. I just started Priscilla Shirer’s Elijah Bible study. Have you done it? I think it’s going to be incredible!! She is such an awesome teacher and speaker. :) Oh, how very sad about your church member who died. His poor wife! I will pray for her! :'(

Hello! Not much going on today. I lost 0.4 lbs this morning, which was a new all time low but not quite to the next milestone that I’m wanting to get to. Soon! I cleaned the church today and now I’m thinking about going on and doing a workout. Talking to trooworld has me feeling motivated to go sweat a little before dinner. For dinner tonight I’m making baked chicken legs because mom requested them. Can you believe that I’ve never made them before? I found a recipe on Pinterest and it doesn’t seem that complicated. All I care about is smothering them in G Hughes sugar-free Thai Chili sauce. I’m NOT kidding that this stuff is soooo good!! I could just put a straw in the bottle. :D
  • gemwolf110
    @trooworld I had some friend requests too. I just look at their profile and see do they look normal. Sometimes you can just tell by their sexy pics. lol So what's with the urge to quit WW. Have you been successful recently on other plans? Counting is counting no matter what you count.

@gemwolf110 Any special plans for the holiday? I'm headed to Chicago on Friday. That's my big plan. Cookout on Sunday with old friends. I've already told my friend no need to supply sweets or snacks for me. She's a former food buddy but has lost some weight.

@renaegry Your goal with the 25 blue dots sounds good. Did you have a go back to school party? I used to love first day of school. I'm alone......I'm alone.....

@teresaw1020 I'm glad you are feeling better. Did you get your back strengthening challenge started?

I'm eating just over the top of my carbs and calories. So I need to bring it down. Exercise has been about 50% this week. This is not helping me get to my goal.

187/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    50% water

Hi! No plans other than working my weekend job and working on the yard as much as I can. Foot is doing better. My big dog is doing better. Keeping busy. I also need to find a EMT Refresher class that will work for my schedule. If I even want to retain the license or just let it lapse. Decisions…

Have a great night and long weekend.
  • gemwolf110
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I am sorry I have not been online. I get on just long enough to read one or two post and then have to get off the computer. I have had crazy days this week that has not allowed me to get on here. I have exercised, like bike ride and walks all week though and eating has been so so. God is working in my life and I can see it.LOL He is always working, sometimes I just don't "see" it.

@trooworld you comment hit me and I need to reply this to you. I am reading Joyce Myers book Do It Afraid. When you said you fear losing it...I want to say to you do it afraid....you got this. you have listed all the reasons and made a choice based on experience and wisdom. You got this. I have never heard of the tonal but will look it up.

@TeresaW1020 yes I believe we need the social..unless your my DH...he seems to just want to stay at home and play games or play with baby girl. LOL. I hope you get your energy back soon and I am praying for your dear member. Our church lost another one last week to Covid..It was sad as his "new wife" and him had just gotten married about 2 or 3 months ago..they are both farther along in life.. :). lost both their spouses and became friends and then that turned into lets get married..they were so enjoying life...but they had a few months together has husband and wife and God had blessed them.

@gemwolf110 Isn't it funny the little things we take for granted (like clipping our toe nails) until we can't do it? I hope you heal quickly and sounds like a plan on your schooling..

@theslightedgeforever Chicago uh...I don't ever want to go there, but I know you have friends there. Have fun and enjoy.

Cbabie

I know right?!? It’s the little things.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad even though you have had a busy week, you are taking care of yourself. <3 Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot. The Tonal is really cool but expensive, it's going to be a big expense for us but it will be worth it if we use it, and I do believe we will.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah Cronometer seems really good and useful. Thank YOU for your support as well! That's a good suggestion about making exercising non-negotiable. I've never made chicken legs either, we usually make chicken breast (I don't like any other part besides wings)! That chili sauce, I have to get some of that!

@gemwolf110 You have a good weekend as well!

Hi all. I'm up slightly from last week: +0.8 lbs. I really thought it would be more because I averaged 331 cals over budget each day. I guess that kind of makes sense when I think about it, as it takes 3,500 cals to gain a pound. I didn't end up going to boxing Thursday night, I don't know if I said that. I drove there, parking was hard and I didn't want to run (the Thursday night guy makes us run for 3-5 minutes prior to the start of class) so I just didn't go. I'm going this morning though. I'm also going to my WW meeting for what I think is the last time. Later today, I am going for a walk with one of my best friends at a lake.

• JediAwakens
    JediAwakens Posts: 4 Member
    Wow I cannot believe I found such a group on here.

I just canceled my weight watchers today to come and do calorie counting. My calories were so low and I wasn’t myself.

I’m so happy to see this group here and I definitely bookmarked this as well!
    Thank you so much!
  • cbabie
    Afternoon, I got my morning routine messed up today, so just getting on here. I went through my mothers things yesterday, they have been in one of our sheds since 2013 when she passed. Lots of moving boxes, tears and memories. All is good, so that was my exercise yesterday. Today I went for a bike ride over to my old house...the first house we had in AZ..LOL. So I am at least moving...still working on the eating better.

@JediAwakens Great to see you on here. Welcome. We are small, but we try to encourage each one that shows up that day. We have small core group of women who are trying to get healthy.

@trooworld I think you are heading in a great direction. You have proven to yourself that you are in a healthy place and can stand when you need to, sit when you should and speak for yourself when needed. So proud of you

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like you have a great staff meeting!! Its great you can listen and see the changes that need to be made to keep things in a good flow. yes exercise is one of those things we have to decide what we need to do and make it stick. LOL. I am working on it. I used to be so rigid and my health took the hit, because sometimes to get the exercise in...I would sleep 3 or 4 hours..So I have taken to balance, not rigid. LOL

@gemwolf110 I hope you are doing a little better today...each day is a day of healing and soon we will be back to normal and forget the "pain" of healing. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @JediAwakens Hi and welcome! I'm about to cancel my WW membership as well. I hope you come back to visit!

@cbabie That sounds difficult, going through your mother's things. And I'm sure you were moving around a lot. Are you tracking? Thank you! I surely hope I am heading in a good direction.

Hi all. Yesterday was a good day. I went to boxing class and ate decently. Now to have a repeat. :) Today, we are going to my friend and her husband's house for dinner. The last I heard, she's making chili in 90+ degree heat lol. Oh well, I love chili.

• cbabie
    AFternoon all, I went to church and came home ready to rest...LOL. I have to go visit someone and will be gone most of the afternoon. I put a roast in the crockpot and hopefully will come home to carrots, potatoes and roast. LOL ( all done). I haven't exercised today...I call Sunday rest days.

@trooworld I am still tracking, not that it's making me accountable...But I am headed in the right direction. Enjoy the chili we love chili and spaghetti in this family. LOL

Cbabie