Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Interval Training and STS Meso 2 Disc 22 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Stretching.

We are getting hit by Ida and it started at around 6pm. We had strong winds and heavy rain at first for a while and then it stopped. It started again at about 8pm but just steady rain. We're under flood watch until Wednesday afternoon. Two of our neighboring counties to the south are also under tornado warning.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend, got some quilting and your hair done! Funny about the Cruella comment! I've heard that the back of the head is the last to turn gray. My hair is pretty salt and pepper now. There's no going back for me. I bet you were very happy to get some relief from the heat!
    Great workouts!
    I had no idea Brenda had broken her hip! Poor thing!
    I hate dusting too but around here things get dusty. I don't know if it is because this is a log home.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It was indeed a hot one! I hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard!

Great workouts! Thanks for letting us know about the elastic bands! I will need new ones soon.

I think Ida is supposed to drop 3-5 inches of rain here.
    Roosty is a very pretty rooster. He is an Old English Game rooster. He is a sweetheart now and I hope he'll stay that way. I don't know if he'll change when his male hormones kick in.

I get horrified when I see myself under fluorescent lights because my hair looks mostly white. I try not to look at it too much so the color doesn't freak me out. LOL

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Total Body.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to get some golfing in, and that you had the course all to yourself. That doesn't sound like fun yard work when it is so humid. Awesome job on all your workouts! I don't know if I would ever try IMAX 3 again. I don't even think that I have that DVD anymore, that is how much I didn't enjoy it. :D I did see that she had some new products out. We are having some beautiful weather right now. I walked out of work and actually didn't need to have the ac on in the car. I love when I can have my window open while I drive. DD said that until my hair is totally gray, we would still keep coloring. I hear you on enjoying not doing that anymore.

Thelma, Great job on your workout. Hope all goes well with the storm, not fun when you have all those warnings. Yep the back of the head is the last, and that is the area that is the shortest for me. My dd said that it was kind of funny that the only portion at the top of my head was that one spot in the front. I do have one patch on the back of my head, so I'm sure that it will not be to long and I will be all gray. My DH seems to be looking even more handsome with his hair turning white. He is a lucky guy, he has all his hair and it is still curly. Apparently Brenda was training for a triathlon at the time the hip happend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by 30 minutes of yoga. We are getting quite a bit of rain from Ida and some wind, but it isn’t too bad. We lost power for a few hours last night, but I am not convinced that had anything to do with the weather. This should end later today for us, followed by what they promise to be ‘fresher’ weather. Apparently this has been one of the most humid summers on record here, so ‘fresh’ sounds good right now.

Thelma, great workouts. Hopefully your storms don’t get too bad there either. I was doing the paperwork to renew my passport a few weeks ago and couldn’t decide whether my hair would still be considered brown or whether it is gray. I went with brown, but there are times it certainly doesn’t look brown!

Laurie, great workout. I don’t remember the last time I did IMAX 3, but I think it might have been when we were still living in Alaska. If I try it again, it will be on a 4” step. While I loved the challenge of the workout, I actually thought Cathe made it unnecessarily tricky, and my confidence with the step lessens every passing year. Enjoy your wonderful weather!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were a Peloton ride and a vinyasa yoga class.
    The rain has hardly stopped since last night. I have not heard anything about floods but I'm sure there are some flooded areas. The rain will continue through tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will be a lot less.

Laurie, great workout!
    It does sound like you're getting close to having all white hair! I think men look so handsome when they allow their hair to turn white. For whatever reason most women seem to look washed out. I find that makeup is a necessity now. Brighter lipsticks help a lot.
    I'm glad Brenda recovered nicely from that broken hip.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Thankfully we haven't lost power. I was just telling DH that I thought this summer had been the most humid since we moved here in 2019. He thinks 2019 was more humid. Temps are definitely cooler. I could feel the temperature drop on Monday evening. It fell a little bit like fall and today too.
    I'm glad you chose brown for your hair color! I think my hair color depends on the lighting conditions! LOL

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. I will probably do a different workout when this one shows up again.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I hope that you have some great weather after all the rain. We are having some wonderful weather right now, and really don't want it to end. I think that we have had that same humidity problem, it just wasn't fun to be outdoors. I don't enjoy tricky workouts either, that is probably why I'm okay with doing Kelly's workout so much. She doesn't get into the intricate foot work.

Thelma, I love that both of you had what seems to be the exact workout. :D I have been doing the brighter lipstick, because the pigment in my lips is fading with age. Apparently that is something that happens also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 23/Legs followed by the cardio and core premix from Fit/Split Boxing Bootcamp.

Thelma, great workouts! Our rain finally stopped over night last night. I was surprised to get rain as long as we did. It is still a little murky today. Quite a slow moving storm. This was the fifth most humid year recorded in Huntsville. I have noticed it most when working out and when working outside. But since our temperatures haven’t been too hot, I don’t recall that oppressive ‘I can’t breathe’ feeling upon stepping outside that we could get in Florida. I think living in Florida has changed my views on heat and humidity forever. :) Though, sadly, South Korea was even more humid than Florida, but only for two months of the year.

Laurie, great workout. I think I have only done that workout once, and it didn’t leave much of an impression. One of the things about IMAX 3 that bothered me is she kind of did away with the traditional IMAX timing, so some of the intervals were a few minutes….and some of the rests were about 15 seconds. It just seemed…..unnecessary…..to eliminate rests in what is supposed to be a workout where rests are part of the structure. Anyhow, now that we have been talking about that workout, I am definitely going to try it again….some day. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, the rain finally stopped on Wednesday morning but it started to rain at night again. Not bad but more rain we don't need right now.

My workouts today were Jessica Smith Hiit and STS Disc 23, Legs.

Laurie, what didn't you like about the Boogie workout? Too dancy or too boring?

Laurel and I had the same workout because that is what was on the rotation! LOL

I didn't realize natural lip color faded too! No wonder the brighter lipsticks work!

Laurel, great workouts!
    It was definitely a slow moving storm and it's now hitting New England.
    I should check the humidity records for Blue Ridge for the last few years.
    I hate that oppressive, I can't breath feeling!!
    Florida is waaay too hot and humid for my taste.
    I am sure there are other places more humid than FL. South Korea is not on my bucket list, thankfully! LOL

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Metabolic Conditioning. I think that this will be my last week of Jessica, and then I'm going back to Kelly. She is putting out a 4 day split series using heavy weights. These workouts so far are under 30 min., and she has also filmed a heavy bag and egg weight finisher to add on to these weight workouts. I like that they are stand alone workouts also. Kind of sounds like my cup of tea as far as workouts are concerned.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Glad to hear that the rain has stopped, this hurricane sure had a lot of rain that came with it. I'm guess that I will not be doing a boogie workout again, of course because of my ever changing mind. I actually did the Jessica workouts for 4 weeks, probably the first week was just a few of them. Gave it my best shot though. Like you loving the live Cathe workouts, I'm that way with Kelly's RAW. Now which one of those IMAX workouts had the genie hops, I so hated those. :D I think the only one that I would ever try again is the first one.

Thelma, I hope that the rain will be staying away for a little while in your area. Great job on your workouts! The boogie workout really isn't all that dancy, I just find it awkward to do some of the moves. It just doesn't flow right for me, and I find myself not enjoying it. It does get the hr up, and is a good workout for cardio interval work though. My youngest dd told me about the lips, and I found a lady on youtube that indicated that happens as we age also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workouts were STS Disc 24/Back and Biceps, the core work from Cardio and Weights, a fun 45 minute spin, and 10 minutes of floor pose yoga. I fit a lot in today, including finishing Meso 2, because DH and I are headed to Colorado tomorrow to visit my sisters. So looking forward to that.

Thelma, great workouts. We got a little more rain yesterday as well, but today is lovely. I was ready for lovely. :) I can’t believe we are finishing up Meso 2! This rotation is going so much faster than I thought it would when we started it. I have really enjoyed it, but especially now since we moved away from the one body part weeks.

Laurie, great workout. I understand going back to Kelly, though. That sounds like a good program she is putting together. I think you did great focusing on Jessica for as long as you did. I really enjoy her, but I am just not sure about a full rotation of her workouts. Those genie hops are in IMAX 2. I remember them going on forever!

Enjoy the holiday weekend. See you next week.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a Peloton ride and gentle yoga flow.

Today felt a lot like fall around here. It's that time of the year again! The rain finally stopped! Yaay!

Great workout! Sounds like KCM has put together a nice rotation!
    I understand what you mean about the boogie workout. A workout you don't enjoy will never feel good.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you have a wonderful time in Colorado with your sisters!

I can't believe we are done with Meso 2 either. I really liked this phase. It was definitely a good idea to do away with the single body part workouts.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Barefoot Cardio Core. This will probably be my last one, just depends on what we have going on this weekend. I know that we are going to our friends house for the last time, since they will be moving. Funny thing about that, they sold their house with all the furniture. The people who purchased the house bought everything. We will be taking her grandmothers Singer sewing machine though. :)

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and packing them in so you got them done before you head out. Have a great time with your sisters, I'm sure that there will be a lot of catching up to do. Even though you may talk on the phone, it is different when you are together in person. I enjoy Jessica's workout, but they really are not tough workouts. I will probably go back to them again as I age, because they might be just the thing that I need by the time I'm in my 80's RIGHT! :D Yep that was the thing I hated the most about those hops, and my feet where never happy with me when I did them. I'm going to try out the difficult pieced chicken block this weekend, so hopefully will have something to post on Tuesday.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts! Isn't it great when that weather changes and you really feel the difference. The only problem I have is that it is starting to get really dark when we start our morning walk. I'm hoping that the September rotation will be a good one, just need to get my boxing fix. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice long weekend, and I do now have another new sewing machine. I was busy yesterday cleaning it up, it really had a lot of lint imbedded in the bobbin case. I ordered a new belt, bobbin tire and electrical cord. Everything was dry rotted, so I have not been able to actually run it. All I know is that just moving it with my hand, it runs smooth. I was also able to make the chicken block, so will attached that also.

I didn't workout on Saturday or Sunday, but Monday was RAW 4 Day Split Chest and Back; RAW Egg Weight Finisher and this morning was RAW 4 Day Split Shoulders and Legs; RAW Kettlebell Finisher. The weight workouts are done with heavy weight, and you do each exercise for 1 min. for two rounds. Totally enjoying the weight workouts, and the finishers are very complimentary to the workouts.

05r0k9bljgjt.jpg

impkx364wi6k.jpg

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We are back from a very nice weekend in Colorado. It was wonderful to see my family again, and we couldn’t have asked for better weather. And, by and large, the entire trip went off without a hitch.

I managed to workout each day and DH and I took long walks every morning before meeting up with the family. There were wonderful paths right by our hotel where we could have walked forever. It made it so easy to get our steps in for the day. But yesterday I was back on the rotation, which is a recovery week. I did a 20 minute spin into Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets—Light Weights. Today was a 30 minute spin followed by Cathe Live Cardio, Glutes and Core Express and 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee.

Laurie, I love the chicken block! It is so perfect. And that sewing machine is beautiful. I used to dream of selling my house with all the furnishings, but now that we have furniture I actually like…..not so much. :) But it will sure make moving easier on your friends and, honestly, furnishing a house doesn’t need to cost a mint. I bet it felt good to be working out with Kelly again. I don’t blame you for wanting to move on from Jessica. Right now, she is perfect for me on my recovery days or when I am a little injured or under the weather. But every day? Like you….I think not quite yet.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I'm glad you had a great weekend. Ours was good but busy. The weather was beautiful.

My workouts on Friday were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio and STS Meso 2 Disc 24 Back and Biceps, Stretching.
    Sunday: Peloton Intervals Ride and Jessica Smith Barre - Butt, Hip and Thigh.
    Monday: Peloton Low Impact Ride and or Boss Bands Total Body.
    Tuesday: Gina B 2500 Steps and Gina B 2500 Steps and Deep Stretch Yoga for Back, Hips and Legs.

Laurie, great workouts! I am glad you had a nice long weekend. That sewing machine is absolutely gorgeous and the chicken is beautiful! Wow! I love that chicken square! Good job cleaning and getting the parts for the new sewing machine.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so happy to hear you had a great trip!

Have a great rest of the week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW 4 Day Split Bi’s and Tri’s; RAW Heavy Bag Finisher. Another great workout, really do enjoy these with the finishers on them.

Thanks for the kudos on my new machine, and the chicken test block. I'm going to try out some different colors on the chicken, those where just some scraps that I had. This was a challenge, but I think that I did pretty good.

Laurel, Glad that you had a nice trip to visit your family, and it sounds like the weather really agreed with you. Nice bunch of workouts, and of course getting in some good walks. Our friends not only sold furniture, but they bought their camper, pop-up camper, SUV, her Mazada convertible, plus a whole bunch of things for snow and lawn. We where shocked. They didn't even have an inspection done. Crazy! By the time that DH and I are considering selling our house, the market will probably have crashed again. :D I'm super happy working out with Kelly again, and these workouts are perfect. Will have to think about following the rotation, because this week is the only time that these weight workouts are done. Which kind of surprised me.

Thelma, Very nice that your weather was so good. Awesome job on all your workouts! I will probably make some of those blocks into hot pads, I think that they might be popular. :D I have another pattern that I will be trying, it is a bit simpler.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Opposites Attract, which is a high rep total body workout where you work the opposing muscles (chest/back, biceps/triceps, etc) in groups of several exercises. I really enjoy this workout. I followed it with Cathe Live Metabolic Med Ball Blast, which is another one I really enjoy. I did buy Cathe’s new long bands (and her mat made for the step) yesterday. I couldn’t pass up the 20% off, but the shipping costs were :o .

Thelma, great workouts. Like you, our weather has turned beautiful. It is warm with a little humidity….and a breeze that says ‘autumn’. Almost picture perfect.

Laurie, great workouts! That is interesting that Kelly is only doing the weights one week during the rotation. I still prefer more strength training than that, but, no doubt, there is also a method to what she is doing. That is crazy that those people came in a practically bought your friends’ life in total! I have never heard of anything quite like that, to be honest. But your friends are making a massive change, so it is probably to their benefit to start over. Believe me, there are days when I wonder why I am driving around an AWD Subaru in Alabama, still equipped with all the winterization needed for Fairbanks. Needless to say, it is completely unnecessary. But I also admit to laughing (inside) when people notice the plug hanging out of the front grille and ask if my car is electric. :D Anyhow, I thought your colors for the chicken were amazing….and now you say they were scraps!!! You really are remarkably creative.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout on Wednesday was ICE Metabolic Total Body. I love this workout!
    We had another beautiful early fall day here in the mountains and by 6PM you could definitely feel the cooler temps.

Laurie, great workouts! I'm so glad you're enjoying Kelly's workouts again!

I love the idea of making different colors chickens and hot pads! Chickens do come in the beautiful colors. You did an excellent job with the chicken and the best part is that you were able to use your material scraps!. You are very talented and your cousin is going to love his quilt.
    The real estate market is definitely a sellers market. Some people here are selling their properties and they are hoping to buy something else when the market crashes. Our builder asked DH if we wanted to sell our house. He said we could get a lot of money for it. There's no way we'd sell our house. We had dreams of buying an RV and traveling but we can't do that now that we have a zoo.

Laurel, great workouts and that Opposites Attract workout sounds like a really good one! Congrats on your new bands and step mat! Shipping costs are very expensive. Cathe does have an Amazon store now and you can get free shipping with Prime. She doesn't have all the accessories on Amazon though.

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW 4 Day Split Hips/Glutes/Abs. Another great workout! I used 2.5lb ankle weights, and again the exercises where done for 1 min.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Nice that you where able to take advantage of the sale, just to bad that shipping is so outrageous. Kelly has more weight workouts in the rotation, but not the 4 day spilt ones. Next week is upper/lower and then they included the Strength series then the last week is the Heavy Bag with weights. I'm probably going to follow the rotation, just to see how this all rolls. Maybe the change every week will keep the body guessing. I find that funny also that the core heater is mistaken for an electric, guess they really don't need that type of system in their cars around that area. I'm glad that you like my colors for the chicken, I'm going to make a tractor this weekend. I will probably make that into a pillow for my Dad, and of course that will be a green tractor. I have a sister that works for the competitor of John Deere, and they have a friendly argument about tractors. :D

Thelma, Love that workout! Sounds like you are having the fall weather that we are enjoying right now. It seems to be coming on really fast, but it sure does feel good after all the heat of this summer. Interesting way to go about waiting to purchase a new home. I really do hope that the market doesn't crash when we are ready to sell. We had though of the RV experience also, but instead are looking to move to a location that we can go to more Nascar races. Of course the south is probably the option we should be looking into. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute Peloton spin followed by 20 minutes of yoga. I also took a long walk because it is such a beautiful day. Highs in the low 80s, low humidity and a nice breeze. I could have walked forever. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Housing prices here have absolutely skyrocketed to, but they say by the end of the year, it will be more ‘normal’…..whatever that is. We have seen a few houses go on the market in our neighborhood, but they seem ludicrously over-priced time. I guess we’ll see if they sell. We used to talk about traveling the country too….and we might still. But, for now, I am happy o feel more ‘settled’ than I have in most of my adult life. :D

Thelma, great workout. And that makes mor sense about the rest of your rotation….still strength but different focus. It should be interesting, and you will be shocking those muscles no doubt! I will love to see what you do with a tractor. :D We have learned down here that people are very committed to certain tractor companies. Oh, and since you are thinking about moving south, Talledega is just down the road from here. :D It is beautiful around there, but I honestly have no idea what it would be like to live there. Actually, I am not sure I would live anywhere else in Alabama than where we live.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a Peloton Low Impact ride and Jessica Smith's Barefoot Fusion Walk.

We had a very windy and fall like day today. Fall is definitely in the air.

Laurie, great workout!! Sounds like Kelly has put together another good rotation!
    I can't wait to see your tractor!

The fall weather is definitely enjoyable. I just can't believe what a wimp I've become when it comes to cooler temps.
    We are not planning on selling our home. This is our forever home as far as we're concerned. Sounds like the south will be the place for you!

Laurel, great workouts! How nice that you had a breeze. We had strong and cold winds.
    I just can't believe house prices these days. Of course, there's a lack of inventory too and people are paying those huge prices for homes instead of waiting. I know some people can't afford to wait but OMG!
    I'm glad you're enjoying life in the South!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma