My journey to a healthy life. This is my progress:

Replies

• alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Fantastic job! You look great <3
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    You're awesome!!! You should write a book!! I'm gonna take some of your advice and sculpt my body too. I'm feeling so inspired and excited by your hard work! I'm also gonna check out the lady Erica Garvin you kept mentioning in your thread. I do fitness blender workouts and walk a bit in my apartment as we're just coming out of the lockdown.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Oh and the yoga poses!!! Omigod! Incredible. I'm from India and yoga originated in my country but I still couldn't recognise half of the asanas you did :D the deaf man's pose was phenomenal!!
  • TinaZ2018
    TinaZ2018 Posts: 314 Member
    Fantastic job! You look great <3
    Thank you! :)

• TinaZ2018
    Oh and the yoga poses!!! Omigod! Incredible. I'm from India and yoga originated in my country but I still couldn't recognise half of the asanas you did :D the deaf man's pose was phenomenal!!

Thank you so much for the appreciation! There are so many great FREE programs on YouTube.
    Regarding Caroline Girvan, it's for intermediate. I don't know for how long you've been working out but Caroline may not be for you as she's intermediate or intermediate-advanced level. Take it one step at a time. Let me know what you wanna do and I could recommend a few programs.
  • samamad5149
    samamad5149 Posts: 14 Member
    TinaZ2018 wrote: »

Thank you so much for the appreciation! There are so many great FREE programs on YouTube.
    Regarding Caroline Girvan, it's for intermediate. I don't know for how long you've been working out but Caroline may not be for you as she's intermediate or intermediate-advanced level. Take it one step at a time. Let me know what you wanna do and I could recommend a few programs.

Your dedication is inspirational and your desire to help others is admirable. Thank you for this. It is a feel good thread.
    Stay on track and If you ever feel demoralised we will be here for you 🙌
  • JRugg1946
    JRugg1946 Posts: 58 Member
    Yum, am i aloud to say that?
    You look fantastic, i think you looked great before the weight loss also.
  • TinaZ2018

Your dedication is inspirational and your desire to help others is admirable. Thank you for this. It is a feel good thread.
    Stay on track and If you ever feel demoralised we will be here for you 🙌

Thank you! Others helped me... It's only fair to pay it forward.
  • TinaZ2018

:p Yes, totally aloud. I'm not uptight.
    I worked way too hard for this body, so I enjoy the appreciation. :)
  • JRugg1946
    JRugg1946 Posts: 58 Member

:p Yes, totally aloud. I'm not uptight.
    I worked way too hard for this body, so I enjoy the appreciation. :)

Awesome, never know, anymore, how or who you'll offend. When all your doing in this situation, is showing appreciation for someones hard work.
    Keep it up, im sure you are appreciated and wanted, by many.
  • thkdiffgirl
    thkdiffgirl Posts: 35 Member
    You look great! Can I ask how many calories you eat for strength training and do you have splurge days.
  • mistyrbell9588
    mistyrbell9588 Posts: 20 Member
    Great job!! Your descriptions of workouts in the beginning are so inspiring. I'm at the two week mark now, and just stepped up my exercise routine because the results just aren't coming fast enough. It's hard. It's discouraging to not see results yet. I still am not able to complete exercise videos (like HIIT or taebo) very or of shape. I just needed a little push, and your post helped me. If I can stick it out for a month, things will get easier, I'll get stronger, might even see some results. Thanks!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    s45i30uof36r.gif

Girl, those push-ups! I love it! <3 I just this year finally mastered the full push-up myself. It was one of my pandemic shut-down goals.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Hi Tina. I hope that you are still doing well.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    NC_Girl wrote: »
    Hi Tina. I hope that you are still doing well.

Hi! I'm am okay... Having a huge fitness break due to the surgery. I do workout but very little. Also working 15-20h/day so it's difficult to find the time for it. I hope that i'll get back to it soon.

So glad you wrote I was getting worried. All in due time you will able to be right back at it. You are a true inspiration.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Hi, guys! I'm back. 2019 was terrible for me, especially from a physiological point of view (deaths in family, my husband sick for more than 2 years now, trouble at work - and then I got depressive).
    I've always thought that it's pointless to start a diet/a life style change/working out if you are not mentally ready. You must feel that you want it, you can do it, you must feel determined and put your will to work. If you don't have the right mindset when you start, it will most probably lead to failure pretty soon.

This year I've had a good start on January 13th. I felt the necessary determination. Meanwhile I found out that I have a herniated disc, so that's why I had the lower back pain on and off for such a long time.
    This time I must lose 7-8 kg and I also hope to get fit. Later in the summer, I want to try the Strong curves program (but I need to read the book first). I continue to exercise at home but meanwhile I bought a kettle bell and a Concept 2 rower (you know how much I hate cardio but it's a great full body option for which I don't have to leave my apartment.).
    I still use apps and workouts from YouTube.
    Here's my playlist with over 70 videos:

I'm active on my page (daily), I post meal photos, updates (whether I feel down or great), I log everything, I encourage and keep accountable my friends to be active. If you are the same kind of person, please add me and let's support each other. :)

Here's a photo with the starting point for this year (I need to lose the belly, saddlebags and get fit).

t9nwft1wh3e4.jpg

Hi i think I’ve sent you a friend request I’ve never requested anyone before so if for some reason I’ve not done it right would you please add me? I could really do with some help and motivation 🙂
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    ig5bkt9bbrns.gif

oj9mnm75lpdu.gif

s45i30uof36r.gif

eapeycvee3h3.jpg

qhql3tedjwlf.jpg

25 years vs 34 years old (and less weight when I was younger)
    oo397fziz2t9.jpg

16 years vs 34 years old (and less weight when I was younger)
    w7gajfgnrcd1.jpg

Photos from two days ago.
    lgfpnxy8e3h2.jpg

Wow amazing 🤩!! Your my inspiration 💖! I’m the same age as you and at the moment I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been I’m 143lbs not sure what it is in kg 🤷‍♀️. I used to go to the gym regularly I never got to my goal weight but I’m now 8lbs heavier than when I started. I got so lazy through the lockdowns and since then I haven’t had the motivation to get back to the gym regularly in regards to strength I feel like a beginner again 🙁. My boys go back to school on Tuesday and I’m determined to get back to the gym regularly and try and sort my diet out ( for me that’s the hardest thing of all).
    Anyway I want to have a body like yours 🔥💪
    If you do anymore challenges I would really love to join in!!
  • Salt4Stone
    Salt4Stone Posts: 75 Member
    Studied 🧐 N Detail and Yep Yer AHSUM!! 🤩
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!