What book are you reading?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    ATthousand Splendid Suns - another book by the author of The Kite Runner

so far ok, I am sort of in the middle and he completely changed characters seemingly randomly, I am waiting to see how they tie in together

Read Kite Runner several years ago...it was very well written and very hard to read (emotionally). Have not wanted to read anything similar. I read for fun, I get enough reality my job.

It was definitely an emotionally difficult read, but also really good. I dont mind those sometimes, but I did not know what I was getting myself into until I was already into it! This one is also not a light read but not as bad....so far.....I have been waiting for the anvil to drop
  • richardinengland
    richardinengland Posts: 18 Member
    ky6zwuq1xk4y.png
    I'm just starting Flow.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Maybe You Should Talk To Someone - Lori Gottlieb (listening to it)

I'm pretty obsessed. If you like psychology but want more of a story feel instead of a textbook this is a really fun read. It's not real action packed though, much more discussion about why people do what they do and what it's like to be a therapist.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Just finished "Fairest" by Meredith Talusan and pretty much hated it.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    Afraid To Die by Lisa Jackson
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Reading Different Seasons by Stephen King (a collection of novellas), and Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey (book 2 of the Colligium Chronicles).
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    vys1a407wu56.png
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    vys1a407wu56.png

Well, if Margaret Atwood says, so, it must be true.
  • tuddy315
    Ominous by Lisa Jackson
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    Ominous by Lisa Jackson

I like Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner, Lisa Scottoline, that type of thriller/mystery or maybe it's just a Lisa thing. :)
    But I recently picked up a book by Tina Wainscott called Until The Day You Die, an author unknown to me, but turned out to be a great book.
  • tuddy315
    Same here Reenie. I have every one of Lisa Gardner books and can hardly wait till every January when a new one comes out. I'll have to try Tina Wainscott.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Darling Days by iO Tillett Wright. Fascinating person!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    The Holy Bible: The Book of Daniel
  • melaniedscott
    The Once and Future Witches by Alix Harrow. It is interesting. I can't imagine it ending well but perhaps I am lacking in imagination. Or have too much first hand experience with reality.
  • heidithebest1
    heidithebest1 Posts: 2 Member
    The Client by John Grisham. Nothing like a 90’s comfort read!
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Aria’s travelling Book Shop by Rebecca Raisin
  • Shelby2happy
    Shelby2happy Posts: 20 Member
    Just finished Shutter Island. Loved it.. Now reading Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy M. Montgomery. It's book 8 of the Anne of Green Gables series.. Ive been reading the whole series and as much as I've enjoyed it, very glad to almost be finished.. lol
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited September 2021
    Finished: Wildflowers of Terezin
    Starting: When Breath Becomes Air

I need to find something lighter next, lol
  • melaniedscott
    Just finished Shutter Island. Loved it.. Now reading Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy M. Montgomery. It's book 8 of the Anne of Green Gables series.. Ive been reading the whole series and as much as I've enjoyed it, very glad to almost be finished.. lol

What...not going to move on to the stand alones?!? Emily of New Moon?