Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options
1717273747577»

Replies

• stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Ara_the_halfelven - I will check it out!

I've started with Strong Curves as recommended on the weight lifting thread. It's been going well but I need to make some adjustments to that and figure out how to expand my access to equipment.
  • Turtlepower41
    Turtlepower41 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Not sure I'm normal? I'm 5ft 2. 48kg and consume nearly 4000 calories a day. I cycle around min 10 miles a day and 20 minutes on my mat for abs training daily/plus small weights. Recently added in protein shakes too...I'm naturally slim but wouldn't mind gaining 5 or 6 pounds but getting bored of constantly eating! It's exhausting. I have really good muscle tone...I had my thyroid checked too. Any tips?
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay for strong womens!!! I'm absolutely not there yet, but I've been there before, lifting weights and looking damn good! So I'm going back to it soon. Give me a year and I'll post MY pictures!

((I used to weight 119 pounds, no muscles, undereating, and wear a size 11. Then, after lots of lifting and eating enough, I got to 139, wearing a size 7!! So at some point, with lifting, the weight on the scale doesn't matter so much, it's all about composition! But you all know this already. ))

• lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are all on fire you're that hawt! Definitely inspiration to start lifting!!
  • sonjamoore2
    sonjamoore2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, I had some pretty serious residual gastric symptoms for months after having Covid last September and got dangerously thin because I couldn’t keep any food down. I’ve always been a competitive athlete, races, bodybuilding, powerlifting, LawFIt, O-Course style races, you name it. I’ve been training for something since I was 17. And suddenly I couldn’t. I didn’t even know how to plan my week! I didn’t know what to do. I began having a reduction in symptoms early April, and as soon as I could keep a whole meal down I started lifting again. I broke 120 pounds this week and I’m ecstatic. I hope to compete in my next powerlifting meet next Spring. Here’s a photo of me last Easter, thinner than I’ve ever been, and my most recent “progress” photo.

73fsqf8oay6c.jpeg

p84rrqkmlilw.jpeg

Wow! That is absolutely amazing. A testament to not only your physical strength now but also the mental strength to get yourself back in the game.