The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hello,
    Not sure how this works.
    I see a lot of people asking to be added.
    I am middle aged too, so could you please add me to whatever I need to be added to be in the middle age group?
    Thank you very much!

Hello and welcome. You are in the middle aged group just by posting. Easy peasy. If you want more friends you can ask to be added as a friend. Or you can send friend requests yourself.
  • tylerkaufman86
    tylerkaufman86 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all, 35 here, just trying to age gracefully.
  • AlanM_1974
    AlanM_1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Morning all, a lovely sunny morning here in North West England. Have a good one, everybody!
  • humorousnurse
    humorousnurse Posts: 8 Member
    cmo5333 wrote: »
    Hi. 46, feel 66 but my brain refuses to say anything other than 42 when people ask me how old I am. I just restarted things here after a 70 COVID weight gain. I swear a lot and call most people dude for some weird reason.

Feel free to add me if you appreciate sarcasm, self-deprecating humor, and swear words.

Haha, I love your sarcasm & humor! But Dude???!! 😂🤣 What?! Too funny.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    To add friends on MFP on the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page.

Formerly, there was an option to send a message along with the request. That feature doesn't work any longer.

An introduction is still a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc. That way they know you are not a spammer or bot. Now I send that note after I have been added.

Feel free to add me if you like. Always glad to share encouragement and support. I belong in the "older than dirt" group, but they don't have one of those. HAHA! 😁
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    Unfortunately, you can't send a note any more. You have to already accept a friend to send a note.

And always be on the lookout for creeps asking to be friends. Seems like another round of 'em are out and about.
  • Nattygrandad
    Nattygrandad Posts: 2 Member
    Upper end of 50s training at home garden gym new gym being built for me and my disabled grandson, I like home cooking food preparation, I occasionally compete nothing serious from UK.
    I don't post at all really not a big fan of social media married for over 34 years 8 grandkids. 😏
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you can't send a note any more. You have to already accept a friend to send a note.

And always be on the lookout for creeps asking to be friends. Seems like another round of 'em are out and about.

Creeps and topless women 😳😂
    I’ve been getting a whole whack of them lately.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member

I haven't had either.....dammit! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,156 Member
    Omg there are so many creepy friend requests these days. I guess they have to try anything?

It's a busy week here in. I start school tomorrow! My son has orientation during my first class and hubs has a court hearing all day so I guess I'll be doing wine and beverage management class in my car in the school parking lot. I had hoped to run on the school track but I guess that won't be happening. I'll need to figure out time when I get my workouts in.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Omg there are so many creepy friend requests these days. I guess they have to try anything?

It's a busy week here in. I start school tomorrow! My son has orientation during my first class and hubs has a court hearing all day so I guess I'll be doing wine and beverage management class in my car in the school parking lot. I had hoped to run on the school track but I guess that won't be happening. I'll need to figure out time when I get my workouts in.

I've really cut back on my creepy FRs these days....just about a dozen a day now! 🤣
  • iolaanne05
    iolaanne05 Posts: 14 Member

I got a topless woman today... so weird
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    Please report these creeps to staff so they can get the accounts deleted or at least locked until the rightful owner shows up. They have been hacked.
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Yep, that's me. Just turned 46 in August. I lost 54 lbs. so far. Looking forward to losing 100 more. I KNOW that I got it this time around! Feel free to add me, if you are on regularly and want to keep each other Motivated. 😊
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member

I seem to be getting loads to and flashing bums yuk
  • becky9949
    becky9949 Posts: 1 Member
    smiles6428 wrote: »
    35. Looking for motivation and support in finding better work/life balance, which includes exercise - it's always the first thing to go when I'm stressed out. Feel free to add me!

I'm the same way. Workouts always seem to get rescheduled when I'm busy or stressed. And yet, I know I always feel less stressed after a workout. lol

Check out hasfit brilliant , for all ages stages, and moods
  • sharpiejas
    sharpiejas Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2021
    Getting back to this as worked for me before. Looking for friends to keep me motivated and on track while I look to lose 32lbs.

Started again Monday at 14st 8lb, I run regularly when not injured but probably need to get into some workouts to build strength and durability into my knee.

Also just starting my 3rd year of a Business Managment degree through Open University and work.

Feel free to send some friend requests my way to build up the motivational group that helps us all get to where we want.
  • GatorHfx
    GatorHfx Posts: 4 Member
    48 here

Lost 300lbs using MFP a few years ago. Arthritis in the knees and covid lockdowns have slid me backwards, but im back on the MFP bandwagon again.... been back for 2 weeks, down 13lbs so far.

Feel free to add me if you are looking to support each other. My diary is open.

Take care!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    52 here, highest was 2007 when I was 237 at the Dr's office.

Started with Nutrisystem, then started my own thing, got down to 175 by 2010 & have been 170-190 for the last decade (variation directly tied to logging my food & exercise - or not.)

Was 180 at the 1st of the year & really decided to hammer it - and I'm now down to 157.5.

Although I've been religiously on a circuit training regimen of 3 days on / 1 day off / 365 days a year, the key for me was completely cutting out dairy!

I was no-carb for awhile & was really overdoing the cheese. Cutting that out really seemed to jumpstart something