New meal plan

Started a new meal plan today in hopes of reducing my last bit of body fat!
iv9zihzcvs9e.jpeg

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    I’ll be interested to see how this works for you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    how many calories does it come out to?
    what is your activity level like?
    what kind of intentional exercise do you do?

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Those options for each of your meals/snacks seem to vary pretty widely in terms of calorie count - you could have a whole-wheat waffle with yogurt and berries for a sub-300 calorie breakfast, or some EBTB+egg+avocado toast with turkey sausage for over 500 calories (depending on how much avocado you use).

You don't say you AREN'T going to count calories on this plan, but if that wasn't your intention you probably should.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Does it seem to be a reasonably well balanced, nutritious 'meal plan'? sure. i eat more veggies and leafy greens, and fewer starches (in general, plenty of carbs though LMAO) but thats personal preference. I eat a far wider variety of foods (in general, right now medical issues and meds are affecting my appetite and im not eating what i typically do). I'd get bored with that really quick, normally. But I dont see anything wrong with what youve posted, and by all accounts, it certainly looks better and a wider variety (and well balanced) than some 'meal plans' Ive seen some people post LOL

I just don't think we have enough information (at least *I* don't) to truly comment much more about it, as far as if it may help you meet your goals. What are your goals? lose weight? gain? maintain? what are your stats (age, height, current weight? goal weight (if trying to lose or gain). answers to the other questions I asked above.
  • kaitfit03
    kaitfit03 Posts: 12 Member
    I’m not sure about the calories honestly. I lift pretty heavily 5-6 times a week.

• kaitfit03
    Those options for each of your meals/snacks seem to vary pretty widely in terms of calorie count - you could have a whole-wheat waffle with yogurt and berries for a sub-300 calorie breakfast, or some EBTB+egg+avocado toast with turkey sausage for over 500 calories (depending on how much avocado you use).

You don't say you AREN'T going to count calories on this plan, but if that wasn't your intention you probably should.

The goal is not to count my calories at this point. I am tracking it because I’m curious what my intake will be for the day, but I’m not trying to rely heavily on it.
  • kaitfit03
    Does it seem to be a reasonably well balanced, nutritious 'meal plan'? sure. i eat more veggies and leafy greens, and fewer starches (in general, plenty of carbs though LMAO) but thats personal preference. I eat a far wider variety of foods (in general, right now medical issues and meds are affecting my appetite and im not eating what i typically do). I'd get bored with that really quick, normally. But I dont see anything wrong with what youve posted, and by all accounts, it certainly looks better and a wider variety (and well balanced) than some 'meal plans' Ive seen some people post LOL

I just don't think we have enough information (at least *I* don't) to truly comment much more about it, as far as if it may help you meet your goals. What are your goals? lose weight? gain? maintain? what are your stats (age, height, current weight? goal weight (if trying to lose or gain). answers to the other questions I asked above.

I’m not the biggest fan of greens, so it would be much harder for me to keep this plan if there were more. I do drop starches 3x a week at lunch and dinner (meaning only protein and veggies those days)

So I am 5’2 119 lbs, the goal is not to lose weight but to lose some of my stubborn body fat around my mid section. I am very active as I commented on the other post.
  • callsitlikeiseeit

I’m not the biggest fan of greens, so it would be much harder for me to keep this plan if there were more. I do drop starches 3x a week at lunch and dinner (meaning only protein and veggies those days)

So I am 5’2 119 lbs, the goal is not to lose weight but to lose some of my stubborn body fat around my mid section. I am very active as I commented on the other post.

You are in a healthy weight range for your height already. That doesn't mean it's not possible, of course, to have a bit of excess fat on your stomach but I would encourage you to read this thread to see if it applies to you. Many in your situation find that it does. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

If it IS fat, you dont have much to lose, weight wise, to stay in a normal, healthy weight range (being underweight is dangerous and carries its own health risks). If that's the case, eating in a slight deficit and counting calories as accurately as possible (because being totally precise is impossible) and calculating exercise calories and eating those back as accurately as possible will be really important. And it will be a slow process. 1/4 pound to 1/2 pound loss per week at the most.

another option since you like to lift (and there are others who know WAY more about this topic than I do, if you want to explore it more- and dont take anything I say about it as gospel), is recomp. With that, as I understand it, you would essentially eat at maintenance (maybe slightly more, even-im not positive), and lift and continue to increase the weight, building muscle. you may lose a bit of weight at first) but the goal is pretty much to reshape your body and get the muscles to show more definition. not to body builder status, dont worry. impossible to do that without PURPOSELY doing that ( i AM certain on that point LOL). It is a long process, but the results are really phenomenal. something to look into and think about perhaps.

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Where could you POSSIBLY be hiding fat on a 5'2" frame at 119 lbs? Your skin is supposed to have some give/elasticity/stretch to it, it is supposed to wrinkle at your armpits and your waist when you bend and sit, if it didn't you wouldn't be able to move.

I'll second the rec to look into recomp (body recomposition) - there's threads about it all over the place if you look.
  • kaitfit03
    I just need to slim down in my waist area/hips, I feel like this is where I hold all of my excess fat.

Also I’ll look into the recomp!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Where could you POSSIBLY be hiding fat on a 5'2" frame at 119 lbs? Your skin is supposed to have some give/elasticity/stretch to it, it is supposed to wrinkle at your armpits and your waist when you bend and sit, if it didn't you wouldn't be able to move.

I'll second the rec to look into recomp (body recomposition) - there's threads about it all over the place if you look.

I agree with recomp but I'm 5'2" and 105 lbs and most of that is apparently in my stomach and thighs. 😁
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,955 Member
    Um. 5'2" and 119 is BMI 21.8. That's just about the *middle* of the normal BMI range.

Some women can have a small bit of undesired body fat at that weight, especially if of narrow build and/or relatively low muscle mass. OP isn't talking about pursuing major weight loss ("the goal is not to lose weight but to lose some of my stubborn body fat around my mid section"), and the diet plan doesn't look *crazy* low calorie.

I agree that recomp is an excellent idea, since it aligns almost exactly with your stated goals, @kaitlinbrooke2021. Recomp is exactly striving to maintain one's current weight (or close to it), while improving muscularity/fitness, which will result in slow, gradual fat loss along the way. (As I'm sure you know, muscle tissue is denser than fat, so adding muscle weight makes a person smaller, likely especially in those areas where the fat layer's a bit more generous at the start.) There's a good thread about it here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

The uterus thread is always fun, well worth checking out, but I'm not going to leap to the assumption that you're necessarily trying to be tooooo thin. (That's a common thing to see among young women here, given the pernicious effects of photoshopped/posed/carefully-lit internet "influencers" who claim to have unnaturally flat abdomens . . . so we sometimes react with concern to any hint of that).

Though it wouldn't be everyone's preference to be below BMI 21.8, you're also not sounding like you have super-extreme aspirations to be underweight either. I prefer to be below 21.8 myself, as a narrow-hipped, boyish-build, zero-breasted li'l ol' lady, and I haven't wasted away in ill health yet . . . though I admit I'm thinner than some women *prefer* to be. I'm not dissing women who prefer to be near the top of the normal BMI range (+/-), so appreciate the same courtesy, as long as we're all keeping things healthy, y'know? 🙂

OP, given your goals, it would probably be good to either not lose any weight at all, or if you do lose to do it so slowly that you practically can't tell that it's happening at all before a month or two pass. I know that could be frustrating, but it would support your stated goals.

It's probable IMO that adding some muscle (which is very slow) will have a more positive appearance impact than just losing fat, and the muscle development is more likely if quite close to weight-maintenance calories (+/-). If you go a full menstrual cycle and seem to have have lost more than a pound total, two at the absolute outside, I'd encourage you to eat at a bit more. (A complicating factor is that if you up your lifting, you may see a little more water weight on the scale, so it might actually take more than one cycle to sort out whether you're maintaining weight.)

You sound like your exercise performance is important to you, and that will go better with adequate fueling and very slow (if any) weight loss, too.

Best wishes!
  • 4DaySale
    4DaySale Posts: 2 Member
    Looks very good at a glance. Might be a bit high on NaCl...though without seeing actual macros/micros it's a guestimate. Do you feel like you get enough carbs at your workouts? Doing strength training can be taxing without them, particularly those last 3 reps. Barilla Whole Wheat is a good product line.
    It is good that you also get Omega 3's via tuna, though try to get them from smaller varieties like skipjack due to mercury.
    One way to get more veggies in, I started recently is cooking in a Wok, stirfrying anything tastes great lol