Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ..I hope everyone is doing good .... I am about to go on our walk this morning ...if anyone needs me while I am gone please do not hesitate to message me .. I have MFP on my phone so I am able to be reached .. :) As many of you know I am doing weights while Linda is on vacation and I am also doing everyone's steps :)

Thank you very much Megan for helping. I really appreciate it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I don't quite have the energy for a full check in. I've been hit pretty hard with a head cold. Went to the zoo over this vacation weekend. It was busy but fun.

Steps
    9/5 5133
    9/6 9137

Feel better!
  • lindamtuck2018
    1002Shed wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone! Apologize for my tardiness...work redirects my intention to log and well...

In any case I weighed today at 267 (began at 274) so I'll take it! More importantly I went from a 19.5" neck to 19" and waist from 55 to 53. Appreciate the support and accountability!

Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    9/6:

Steps: 10,709
    Floors: 10
    Calories Burned: 546
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 107
    Total Intensity Minutes: 297/150

Has anyone made steak in an air fryer? I found a couple of recipes. I think I'll try one of them tonight.

I would like to hear how it turns out. I got one for Mother’s Day and I have only done fish in it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Hello from rainy Newfoundland. It’s been crazy so far. After not being here for 2 years, it is hard trying to get to see everyone. I will need a vacation to get over my vacation. I am enjoying all my Newfie food a little too much so far. I have very spotty internet access when I am at my father-in-law’s so I haven’t been able to check in as much as I would like. I hope you all are meeting your goals.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sept 5th 2,450
    Sept 6th 5,474
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ..I hope everyone is doing good .... I am about to go on our walk this morning ...if anyone needs me while I am gone please do not hesitate to message me .. I have MFP on my phone so I am able to be reached .. :) As many of you know I am doing weights while Linda is on vacation and I am also doing everyone's steps :)

Thank you very much Megan for helping. I really appreciate it.

You are so very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2021
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 136.4
    CW: 141.4
    LTD: 82.0

In the last 3 days I have exceeded my calorie limit by a total of 2,100 calories. Funny thing was I was that hungry and ate until full. Today went back to 1,300 calories with no problems whatsoever. Even though the scale is up, measurements haven’t changed so guess it’s mostly food and water weight. Not worried about it happening often but who knows?
    Just not sure what maintenance weight should be. Used to think would just know it when I got there or it would be an arbitrary number for the scale or bmi number or a health professional would say, “you are there.” Fitness goals seem much more important. Not where I would like to be fitness wise but that is a continuous process. Don’t know if the over eating was the body’s way of saying enough or if the first cold snap triggered it. It’s all new territory to be in this weight range and it is causing questions about identity, expectations and goals and maintenance. Think will stay the course until after the new year begins then revisit the maintenance question while continuing research on what will be sustainable.

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday

PW 272.2
    CW 269.4
    yay pretty happy with that!

I had an horrendous day at work yesterday which ended in my getting a parking ticket at work! My knee was killing me my feet throbbing so I just went home no boxing last night … going to get to the gym today and do 10 miles on the bike if it all goes well. Hope you all have a good day
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    I actually did cook our steak in an air fryer!! It wasn't crispy on the outside, like the recipe stated. It was, however, delicious😋!!
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Steps for 9/7 10,816

In addition to DOMS, I’m sorry to say I binged a big today. I’m dreading what the scale is going say about it 😔.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 09/07

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

09/05 - 12,849
    09/06 - 21,939
    09/07 - 18,479

Good morning Team!

I don’t spend ALL my days at the gym lol. Sometimes I actually look normal ♥️😄. It’s rest day! Appointments this morning then getting in the pool.

Happy and Blessed Hump 🐪 Day!!
    xme0i4teaof5.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    I'm feeling a little wacky... 😋 Welcome to Wednesday.

Wednesday came fast here in Canada, with Monday being a holiday!!!! The weekend is already in sight.

I have an interview with a family doctor today!!! Which means with some luck I'll have a family Doctor in the very near future. (Unless somehow, she thinks I'm an absolute nutter???) 😬🙏😜😁

Saturday we are having a BBQ for friends involved in the wedding plans, and I'm contemplating taking things really easy... No hiking in other words. Although I might do some fasting cardio on Sunday instead?

Oh, it's confirmed. I 100% have a blister on the bottom of my big toe. So, I'm open to advice on the best way to go about taking care of it, so I'm not side lined for very long at some point. For now, it doesn't' bother me during my normal course of the day. I assume it will only be a problem when I next go for a walk?

In the mean time I spoke to a work mate who is big into hiking, and like multi day through hikes etc. And he suggested I get some Moleskin to wrap the affected areas. He suggested it was a game changer for them when they hiked a 72 Km trail over a week or so. Basically, Mole skin is an adhesive wrap that great dampens the transmission of friction to the applied source. Less friction, less chance or creating blisters and/or making existing blisters worse. Hopefully if you didn't hear about moleskin, now you have? 👍😀

Related to hiking, my boss actually lent me his and his wife's trekking poles this weekend past. I must say, if you into hiking... Do go and get yourself a pair of trekking poles. They make a huge difference in terms of general balance/stability and reducing knee impact. Being able to drive with your arms actually can increase your speed, and assist with uphill and downhill sections. Lynn and I both thought they were absolutely great. Of course, I had to order us both a set. I went with Wire Cutters number 1 choice which is a semi cheap but very strong sturdy aluminum model that can support my weight. You can get extremely light (and very expensive) Carbon Fiber models that weigh like nothing, but I don't think I would recommend them to someone over 300 pounds... (Maybe one day I'll upgrade. 😁)

Alright.. That's that. I did the Elliptical this morning. And I had some ability to push. But I still find it very difficult to push. It's still very much Hardio. I sweated like a wild beast though, and that's gotta be good. 😊

Have a great day everyone! 😄

95b1lu4b77cp.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little wacky... 😋 Welcome to Wednesday.

Wednesday came fast here in Canada, with Monday being a holiday!!!! The weekend is already in sight.

I have an interview with a family doctor today!!! Which means with some luck I'll have a family Doctor in the very near future. (Unless somehow, she thinks I'm an absolute nutter???) 😬🙏😜😁

Saturday we are having a BBQ for friends involved in the wedding plans, and I'm contemplating taking things really easy... No hiking in other words. Although I might do some fasting cardio on Sunday instead?

Oh, it's confirmed. I 100% have a blister on the bottom of my big toe. So, I'm open to advice on the best way to go about taking care of it, so I'm not side lined for very long at some point. For now, it doesn't' bother me during my normal course of the day. I assume it will only be a problem when I next go for a walk?

In the mean time I spoke to a work mate who is big into hiking, and like multi day through hikes etc. And he suggested I get some Moleskin to wrap the affected areas. He suggested it was a game changer for them when they hiked a 72 Km trail over a week or so. Basically, Mole skin is an adhesive wrap that great dampens the transmission of friction to the applied source. Less friction, less chance or creating blisters and/or making existing blisters worse. Hopefully if you didn't hear about moleskin, now you have? 👍😀

Related to hiking, my boss actually lent me his and his wife's trekking poles this weekend past. I must say, if you into hiking... Do go and get yourself a pair of trekking poles. They make a huge difference in terms of general balance/stability and reducing knee impact. Being able to drive with your arms actually can increase your speed, and assist with uphill and downhill sections. Lynn and I both thought they were absolutely great. Of course, I had to order us both a set. I went with Wire Cutters number 1 choice which is a semi cheap but very strong sturdy aluminum model that can support my weight. You can get extremely light (and very expensive) Carbon Fiber models that weigh like nothing, but I don't think I would recommend them to someone over 300 pounds... (Maybe one day I'll upgrade. 😁)

Alright.. That's that. I did the Elliptical this morning. And I had some ability to push. But I still find it very difficult to push. It's still very much Hardio. I sweated like a wild beast though, and that's gotta be good. 😊

Have a great day everyone! 😄

95b1lu4b77cp.png

Clean it really good with soap and water ... add antibiotic ointment ..cover it loosely with sterile bandage or gauze ..this is what I do when I get blisters
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Daughter and I are off to go on our walk with Aspen the husky .... I am planning on hopefully doing our loop 3 times today 1 loop plus walking home is just a little over 5 miles :)
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Daily Check-in For Tuesday 9/7:

Calories: Under Allotted Range
    Water: 90 Oz
    IF 16/8: Fasted 19 hours
    Alcohol Free: Yes (4/7 days this month)
    Exercise: Full Body Strength Workout + 4.8 mile walk
    Sleep: 7.5 hours, Yay! (Monday night)

Delicious dinner last night of Asian lettuce wraps, made me feel really full but came in under calories. Am having leftovers tonight, so need to make sure I get more calories at lunch today.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/7 Steps = 15,747
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Daughter and I are off to go on our walk with Aspen the husky .... I am planning on hopefully doing our loop 3 times today 1 loop plus walking home is just a little over 5 miles :)

Wasn't able to do 3 loops due to my hip hurting but we did do 2 loops ..198 minutes ....8.39 miles
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    cebfjgqm8xpo.jpg

SEPTEMBER WEEK 1 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @amymartin555 - 143,992 steps
    2nd @mari_moulin - 138,147 steps
    3rd @rlaskey2 - 96, 335 steps
    4th @Shannonsto- 81,619 steps
    5th @THUNDER5453 - 72,734
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)

As A Group We Walked 949,130 Steps
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 - 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 5/7
    @Piqueaboo 1/7
    @rlaskey2- 5/7
    @Tazaria87 - 5/7
    @red1185 - 5/7
    @rwood566 - 7/7
    @amymartin555 - 7/7
    @Jpedno - 5/7
    @mari_moulin -7/7
    @mthomas0228 - 7/7
    @ShannonSto - 6/7
    @THUNDER5453 -4/7
    @Abi2131 1/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,330 Member
    cormierannie
    Sw 174 pounds
    Cw 170 pounds
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning everyone. Good wednesday.

Check in for 9/7:
    Steps - 6058. I did a lot more but kept my hands in my pockets.
    Calories - 1886. Over by 46. Second tortilla did me in along with the chocolate pudding pie.
    Exercise - no gym but museums for 2 hours. Daughter wanted to hit gym and museums but I don't have the stamina for both yet. Had to leave the museums early due to back. Turns out I can't walk very long at a slow pace. Did gym this morning though.
This discussion has been closed.