Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Saw the foot doctor today to discuss treatment options for the infection in my right foot. Cultures came back strep that has reached into the bone. Was given the option to remove the right big toe or remove the infected bone and have a course of antibiotic infusions or 6 weeks oral antibiotics. Doctor said limit walking to household tasks so no walking of even just 20 minutes.
    Opted to have the infected bone removed today. The one good thing about having diabetic nerve damage in my feet is I don’t feel pain. He just cut the bone out with no pain killers and all that I could feel was the pressure and the pulling. Even the disinfecting bleach solution they gave me to flush the wound with didn’t cause any discomfort. Will have a consult with Infectious disease and my doctors over infusions versus oral medication soon. In the meantime am taking oral antibiotics to keep infection from spreading. Since I can now wear a normal shoe think that I will restart some exercises at the rec center.
    Am trying to stay positive and taking steps for whatever the future will bring. Time will pass no matter what actions are chosen and I would regret doing nothing.

Stay well everyone and wishing you all success in reaching your goals.

That's a lot to deal with. Let's hope for a strong recovery!

• mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Daily Check-in For Thursday 9/9:

Calories: Over
    Water: 75 Oz
    IF 16/8: Fasted 17 hours
    Alcohol Free: No (5/9 days this month)
    Exercise: Body Strength Workout for Abs/Back/Booty + 15 minute Treadmill Walk
    Sleep: 5.5 Hours (Wednesday night)

Had a good day overall, but after dinner made the decisions to have some snacks and then 2 drinks which put me over calories for the day. Not a big deal as long as I am back on track today, it will all average out to being within my calorie range for the week.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/9 Steps = 4,837
  • mthomas0228
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 183.9
    CW: 180.9

Dropped all the weight spike from last week, still up a bit from my lowest August weight but should be below that for the next weigh-in.

@lindamtuck2018
    Can you change my weigh-in day to Thursdays, going forward?
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 278.4
    CW: 277.0. -1.4 LBS

@mari_moulin thank you for that quote. I love it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 183.9
    CW: 180.9

Dropped all the weight spike from last week, still up a bit from my lowest August weight but should be below that for the next weigh-in.

@lindamtuck2018
    Can you change my weigh-in day to Thursdays, going forward?

I will be more than happy to change your weight for you ...Linda is still on vacation :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    9/9 Check-in:

Steps: 14,915
    Floors: 113
    Calories Burned: 925
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 224
    Total Intensity Minutes: 636 /150
    Early W/O: No, but got it completed before 10 p.m.🙂
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 164.3
    CW: 162

Yay!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. None of you should be home. It's friday night and you should be out.

Check in for 9/10:
    Steps - 2772. only 99 and humid today. Went outside once and was drenched.
    Calories - 1839. Under by 3. I was cleaning out food stuffs today. Extra ice cream did me in but I did it in as well. Getting ready for meat run soon.
    Exercise - nope nope and nope. It was super ugly at 6am. I was up but wishing I wasn't.

Tuesday I will get fitted for my compression socks. I really hope they work.
  • Bluetail6
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. None of you should be home. It's friday night and you should be out.

Check in for 9/10:
    Steps - 2772. only 99 and humid today. Went outside once and was drenched.
    Calories - 1839. Under by 3. I was cleaning out food stuffs today. Extra ice cream did me in but I did it in as well. Getting ready for meat run soon.
    Exercise - nope nope and nope. It was super ugly at 6am. I was up but wishing I wasn't.

Tuesday I will get fitted for my compression socks. I really hope they work.

99 and humid sound tough!! Just thinking about that at this time of the year makes me uncomfortable, lol. Just for info, I have been wear compression stockings since 2006, when I travel. They are not prescription. Two doctor friends mentioned this to me in the same week, in 2006, about how they never traveling without them... I'm sure they will help you.

P.S. I giggled at the 'nope nope and nope.' Some days exercise just "ain't gonna happen."😊
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Weekly weigh-in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day : Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 208.2
    Current weight: 208

Daily Check-in: Friday 09/10

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 5/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

09/05 - 12,849
    09/06 - 21,939
    09/07 - 18,479
    09/08 - 9,581
    09/09 - 15,999
    09/10 - 13,080

Good morning FitFam!

I got up at 4:30 to get ready to be at the gym by 5. I was still sitting on the floor in the garage come 5:30. I never made it to the gym. I stayed there on the floor in the dark for 30 minutes scrolling through my phone, got up to go to the toilet, laid on the sofa for another 30 minutes then said alright, that’s it, let’s go. I went for a 5k run. It felt good to change it up. It was so nice to get the fresh air. I’m feeling very tired tho so I think tomorrow may be a rest day. Have a great Saturday Fam!

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    ox7hq4vgoa59.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 154.8

I guess I’m pleased my weight is under 155, which is where it hovered (or higher) after junk food filled holiday weekend last week. It’s almost 8 am and I am not feeling incredibly motivated to go to the gym. I have volunteer work here in Santa Fe today then headed to Albuquerque to pick up race packet for tomorrow’s 10K.

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/8 9,735
    9/9 9,241
    9/10 8,608
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Username: red1185
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 161.2

Steps for this week:
    9/5: 2,797
    9/6: 4,944
    9/7: 7,724
    9/8: 8,086
    9/9: 8,422
    9/10: 8,167

It’s my birthday weekend! I’m going to try not to overdo it, but I am going to make sure I enjoy myself. We went out to dinner last night, and I was super proud that I did not stuff myself silly - I stopped when I knew I had enough, but still with room for dessert. Tonight my family and I are doing the hot sauce challenge, and I am so excited! It’s going to be so much fun! Tomorrow, a friend and I are going to see Hamilton, and I am so excited for that, too. I’m trying to monitor my calories throughout the day to make sure I keep a nice stockpile for dinner and whatnot.

I hope everybody has a great weekend!
  • mthomas0228
    Daily Check-in For Friday 9/10:

Calories: Over by 500
    Water: 90+ Oz
    IF 16/8: Fasted 18 hours
    Alcohol Free: Yes (6/10 days this month)
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run
    Sleep: 5.5 Hours (Thursday night)

A little over on calories yesterday but still in at a very good spot for my weekly average. Yesterday's run was meh, still feeling sluggish and in a bit of a funk dealing with some pain issues...will adapt and keep on keeping on.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/10 Steps = 7,480
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    Good Morning Everyone... I hope everyone is doing good ..As for me I have decided to change my workouts ... My right hip has been giving me problems ...so no more 10 miles walks for me ...I will be walking M W F 3 to 5 miles ...Tuesday and Thursday using my home gym and no workouts on the weekends ...I am hoping that will be do-able ...I see my Dr in November so I will be asking for an x-ray on my hip and go from there... I have hip dysplasia and was in a brace for 2 years of my life as a baby...
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 209
    CW (Current Weight): 207

I'm actually super happy because this morning I worked out for the first time (properly) since August 24th. It felt great an I plan to do it again tomorrow. I've been watching my food like a hawk, so I really welcome the 2lbs loss this week! I set an imaginary goal as January 2022 so let's see how much I can achieve by then!

• Bluetail6
    Daily Check-in (9/10 stats):

Steps: 20,262
    Floors: 20
    Calories Burned: 775
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 165
    Total Intensity Minutes: 801* /150
    Early W/O: Technically no, as I started at 7:23 p.m.🙂

*There could be something off with this number. I was futzing with settings on my Garmin. I'll look at it more closely when I have time. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend everyone!!🧡
This discussion has been closed.