What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (40 min walk) and Day 4 of EPIC I (full body workout)
  • LazyBlondeChef
    @Lietchi as far as I'm concerned all indoor machines (bike, treadmill, rower, etc) are boring as hell without some kind of diversion. I read on the treadmill. Otherwise I couldn't bear it. When the weather is better I'll resume after dinner walks in addition to the morning treadmill. I do the treadmill every single day unless I'm out of town in which case I walk many miles outdoors. It took me a long time to create the consistent habit so I won't do anything to break it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Not a good day today.

Yeah, I added back in my roughly 5 mile walk (no idea how fast, because my Garmin decided it would be fun day to randomly drain its battery for no observable reason - a thing that's only happened once before in the whole couple years I've owned it - but probably around the usual 3-point-something mph. Might have been a tad faster than usual in some stretches because I was angry . . .

. . . at myself, on account of the reason my row (bow of the double) was only 4500m: I was not paying enough attention, got too close to a single that had been waaaay ahead of us (but stopped to talk with us, it turned out), and managed to clash oars with her. My oar got past, but my double partner's oar caught the single rower's oar awkwardly, and the single flipped.

Sooooo, my friend J. flipped and swam, and it was 100% my fault. (Y'know, J., the one who's 75 years old - good thing she's an ultra-fit 75, since that made this non-life-threatening, given the decent weather and still-warm water temp.)

We were a fair way into a rescue from the double (J. draped along our stern as if it were a surfboard she were floating on), when the ski club came along in their powerboat and helped. They took her and her boat aboard, so we didn't need to keep her on the double and tow the single the maybe 500m back to our dock. (That would've been doable, but much slower.)

J. was remarkably cheerful about the whole thing (she's like that), but I'm feeling profoundly bad about it, of course.

Ugh. This is the first time I've done anything remotely like this, causing a flip by another boat. So bad. ☹️😢

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Back in bow of the double, despite yesterday's mishaps. Rowed about the usual 7k, blessedly uneventful.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    Short run today in the hotel gym this morning: only 2.75km since I didn't have much time, but I wanted to get some running in because of the 7 hour drive today to our next accommodation. I didn't eat breakfast till afterwards, but it didn't seem to impact my run.
    Boring, like the rowing session yesterday, since the TVs still weren't working, but at least the display on the treadmill worked, so I could watch the numbers change 😛
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    99 min on my Elliptical! 8 miles. I'm watching the Downton Abbey series on my tablet during it.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    First this
    dykogh9x5a7q.jpeg
    Then this…11 reps, then a run and repeat.
    nrcuj18ubvgh.jpeg
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I skated on my mini ramp! Tomorrow I want to hit a trail for a trot.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    dyeoxccxlabw.jpeg

Ran to the lake and around the lake… broke in the new kicks with a decent 5 miles
  • Spinster321
    Spinster321 Posts: 9 Member
    Walked over 2 miles outside; stretched afterwards.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Quick 5k around the hood.. done for the week..
  • Lietchi
    A 7.3km hike which took 3 hours.
    Slow, you say? Well yes, climbing 300 meters will be slow, especially while stepping around rocks and tree roots. At the end of the hike, the rocks turned into boulders and water was running over them. One section even had a rope.

I gave up in the end, as the path got steeper and steeper - not for lack of cardiovascular fitness but because I don't do well with heights, uneven footing and slippery surfaces. My boyfriend, who has way more natural aptitude for difficult terrain (and longer legs 😛 he's 6ft3, I'm 5ft5) made it to the end of the hike - a waterfall in a cave. He said I was right to not go to the end, even he thought the hike was a bit extreme.

Hopefully the next hike won't be as difficult! I've certainly learned to be wary of difficulty levels attributed to hikes, they depend hugely on the country (Norwegians are hikers and I am clearly not up to their view of what moderate difficulty is!)
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Yesterday: Treadmill (37 min walk)
    Today: Treadmill (36 min walk) and Day 5 of EPIC I (HIIT full body workout - no equipment)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Djproulx -- I hope you get your hip sorted out. Maybe the taper, along with the muscle work, will be just what you need. I hope so.

I did a workout on Friday -- the normal for Friday now -- HIIT w/ a mix of lifting supersets right into rowing sprints. Just enough rest to let HR come down, rinse and repeat.

Sunday -- long, easy cardio day. Should have been easier, but the wife had a laundry list of chores to do outside in the AM before the workout. Also wanted to watch my Bengals on tape delay, so I worked my butt off all day long to get to do that.

@Lietchi -- I made that mistake last year here in Tucson. I took my wife, who is very petite, on a 2.5 mile "moderate" hike. It was like climbing up and down rocks all day long. Took around 2 hours with having to assist her up and down pretty large step ups. By the end, she was not happy with me! I'm sure this was easier than the one you did (my wife is 60 and has a bad right foot). Yes, time can really get away from you on harder hikes. She went on one in Sedona that was just lovely soft earth the whole hike and had no issues doing 4 or so miles. The rocks make all the difference. I will only take her on the "easy" rated trails now.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Saturday - no specific exercise, just an active day around the house and cleaning.
    Sunday - gardening in the morning (not a lot of steps, but a lot of work) and 125 close-grip push-ups (50, 25x3).
    Today - morning ride - 17.04 miles, 13.8 mph average, 74 minutes.
  • Lietchi

@Lietchi -- I made that mistake last year here in Tucson. I took my wife, who is very petite, on a 2.5 mile "moderate" hike. It was like climbing up and down rocks all day long. Took around 2 hours with having to assist her up and down pretty large step ups. By the end, she was not happy with me! I'm sure this was easier than the one you did (my wife is 60 and has a bad right foot). Yes, time can really get away from you on harder hikes. She went on one in Sedona that was just lovely soft earth the whole hike and had no issues doing 4 or so miles. The rocks make all the difference. I will only take her on the "easy" rated trails now.

I was really, really pissed off at him during the hike (not the first time either, it's not his first bad choice 😂). When I decided the trail was getting too hard to continue, he first proposed that I hike back down while he continued to the end, at which point I got even angrier at him, because there was no way I was going to make it down safely without his help. Hiking together, that's a true relationship test, lol.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran 3.5 miles before the storm.. did get a drizzle which felt awesome
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x10-60s (30s-3m)
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)
    Strength: E5MOM
    HSPU - 5x3r (15r)