NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @JediAwakens Welcome! We are a chatty, small group so just jump in and make yourself at home. :)

@trooworld Well, hopefully, you will be eating chili with the A/C on. :D I can’t wait for cooler weather so I can make chilis and stews. :)

@cbabie Yum, I love crockpot cooking and roast with all the veggies is sooo good! I call Sunday’s my rest day too from exercise. I do a ton of computer church work on Sundays, so my fingers get in a good workout. :grin:

Hello! Not much happening today. Typical Sunday with church and all the computer busy work that I do on Sundays. DH and I did go up to PetSmart to find some dog food that Maggie Mae will hopefully eat. We keep trying to find something to replace her food that got discontinued and she keeps sticking her nose up and walking away. So annoying! I did end up buying her a new toy, which she totally doesn’t need. It’s just so fun to watch her with something new. She is definitely my dog! :D My food was good today, and I was just about sugar free!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie Sundays are good rest days. Crockpot roast sounds wonderful, I hope it turns out well. That's good you are still tracking. Yeah, chili and spaghetti are some of my favorite foods!

@TeresaW1020 Luckily, they did have the A/C on! :) I love chilis and stews. Yum! My dog is super picky, too. He won't even eat dog food, we have to make him hamburger, chicken, etc. to get him to eat. We also make him chicken jerky treats, which he loves.

Hi all. We had a great time at my friend's house. The chili was good and luckily they had the A/C on because it was a super hot day. My friend made cornbread and brownies and had Trader Joe's coffee ice cream and caramel sauce. Who could say no to that? I had a modest portion. Today, I don't have to work so I'm going to read for some of the day and make my breakfasts for the week, which is Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well back from the lake. Camper all packed up. Just have to run down tomorrow to bring back more stuff. So far I have got 2🔵 Out of 5. So on track Should get another one for today. But not counting it yet. I have to drive all week for football so will be getting my walks or runs in every morning. After unpacking from make and all the laundry it’s going to be an early night. 5am will come quickly

@JediAwakens welcome

@trooworld i am reading Freed as told by Christian grey the 6 book in the fifty shades series. It’s been ages since I read the oringinals. So really can’t remember what happened in the third book so I’m really enjoying this one.
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Those were really popular for a while. I'm glad you are enjoying them! This was the last weekend at the lake, right? I bet it will be good to get back to normalcy. :D

Hi all. I did not sleep that well last night, we are catsitting my SIL's cat and my dog doesn't like it at all: in the middle of the night he randomly barked every once in a while and it was hard to sleep with that going on. I'm back to work today after a medical appointment. The good news is that I'm only working until Thursday: I have Friday and next Monday off as vacation days.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I have maintained my weight, so time to get off the bench...LOL. I went for a short bike ride last night. Today seems busy, should get my steps in LOL. Trying to eat better, less sweets. I so don't want to be injecting myself for the rest of my life. Time to get firm with myself.

@trooworld Hope you have a good day at work and great job on portions at your friends. Enjoy your time off...someone said I was retired, and they take it as I don't do anything....no that would be DH...I hate not being busy.

@renaegry It will feel good to have a routine,then it won't LOL. Unpacking was always the hard part..packing is fun.

@TeresaW1020 my dad cooked everything for his dog..my sister always felt the dog got more attention. LOL. He would even give her 1 piece of chocolate at night...yes we all know not good, but do we wonder why my parents were diabetic. LOL.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I’m in the middle of practicing tough love with my dog to see if she is hungry enough will she eat her dog food. It’s not like I’m buying her crappy food! Oh, I couldn’t imagine what Maggie would do if I dared to bring a cat into the house! :D I’m glad you enjoyed the chili at your friend’s house and no way could I have turned down brownies and coffee ice cream with caramel sauce. Yum!! <3

@cbabie Yeah, I do spoil my little dog, that is for sure! I know what you mean about not wanting to be injecting yourself. I know I was heading towards diabetes as so many in my family. No more! :)

Hello! Today has been a good day. I did my workout this morning with Shaun T plus one of his 10-minute bonus workouts with weights. He is brutal! I listened to more of the Quit Sugar Summit and was blown away by Dr. Joan Ifland who is a food addiction expert. She wrote a book about the processed food industry and how incredibly addicting it is. So true!! I’m about to leave and go with hubby to see an audiologist about getting new hearing aids. The poor man is so deaf! Afterward, we are going to Subway where I will get a salad and use my own sugar-free dressing at home.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Do you listen to music or anything when you go for a bike ride? Thank you, I had a pretty good day, no complaints! LOL I think I will do that when I retire, be really busy. It's good to keep busy.

@TeresaW1020 LOL! I'm sure you are buying her good food, if she's anything like my dog, she will hold out for treats. ;) Yeah, my dog does NOT like having anything else in the house that will attract our attention away from him. Good job on the workouts! That's a great idea to use your own dressing.

Hi all. Not much happening here. We made our dog sleep in the living room so he wouldn't bark in the middle of the night. Much better night's sleep, although he probably hates the cat even more now lol. I need to make a list of easy throw-together meals so that when we don't feel like cooking, we can make one of those. One of the things on that list will be fish stick tacos. We love those and they are quick to make.

• renaegry
    Yesterday got my 5 km walk in during football practice and today did walk/jog intervals. Feels good to get it in before 7:30 am eating was good yesterday. Slowing getting back on track. Hope to get in a 10 min abs workout at some point today as well. 3🔵 Out of 7. Missed out on my dot on Monday. Life happend. Goal was 25 this month. Don’t think I will get there but it will be close.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Back from Chicago and rested. We went to visit some college friends for Labor Day weekend. I did really well and only gained 0.2 lbs. My strategy was eat like everyone else but just smaller portions. I'm still up 3 lbs from when I first arrived in MN. Last two weeks haven't been kind. So I need to really focus this week and lose one lb.

99/100 Red
    25 min walk
    25% water

• trooworld
    @renaegry That's great that you did all that walking/jogging. I bet it did feel good.

@theslightedgeforever Are you still in MN? Or are you "home" home? That's great you only gained 0.2 lbs. Your strategy worked.

Hi all. I'm excited because I only work until 1:30 today and then I'm off until Tuesday! Nothing really planned besides going to a wildlife area on Monday with a friend. I did okay yesterday besides a package of peanut butter filled pretzels I got from the vending machines. :/ I have been saving a bunch of easy recipes with Trader Joe's ingredients on my Pinterest account. That should help when we are busy or don't feel like cooking.

• cbabie
    Morning all, wow yesterday was a blur..I had one of those eyeball headaches.. :(. I am doing a lot of driving today, so not sure how much exercise I will get it, but I believe I will at least get the bike ride in at night. Baby girl all of a sudden hates bike rides...for some reason she is "scared"...says it's so scary...So no baby girl with me. My eating was terrible yesterday..got the urge for brownies.. I NEVER bake brownies...well I did and had 2. LOL and NOT little pieces.

@trooworld I never use my Pinterest account..it seems overwhelming to me. LOL. So glad you have some time off...enjoy and oh Peanut butter pretzels..YUM...those are addicting. LOL

@renaegry You got this...it's a good feeling to move our bodies isn't it? Great job

@TeresaW1020 LOL if ONLY my DH would admit he is deaf...well at least getting there..I hate repeating myself or hear him say..I didn't hear you..."oh so you don't have a hearing problem...It's me I speak too soft. " I am so proud of you and where you have come in your journey!!

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    Up at 445 every morning for sons football practice. Starting to catch up with me. Went to bed last night to read. Don’t even think I read a page. Woke up to ereader laying beside me. Just got in a 3.64 km 35 min walk this morning. Wasn’t feeling it and it was drizzly out. Plan on doing some bench presses and an ab workout sometime this morning. 4🔵 This months
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I’m glad you had a great visit with your friends. You will get that gain off. :)

@cbabie The audiologist appointment was super enlightening! My DH is 78 years old and for the last several months we have been worried about his cognitive functioning. W even went to his primary who did tests to rule out that he had a mini-stroke. Well, the audiologist explained that the brain is a muscle and how interconnected hearing and speech work together. Once he stops hearing his brain as well stops understanding and the progression just gets worse. He had been wearing his hearing aids just once or twice a week and she said he must wear them every day. So tomorrow, he is pulling the trigger and writing a big check to get new hearing aids that are high quality. I’m very excited because I’m hoping this will give him back the confidence in himself that he used to have. So, get your husband tested!! ;)

@trooworld have a great few days off! I really need to go to Trader Joe’s soon. They have the best spices! :)

@renaegry Ugghhh I would hate to get up that early. You’re a good mama! :grin: And good job on all your exercise! B)

Hello everyone! It’s just a normal Thursday. I had my staff meeting and then I cleaned the one building. I had to take mom for her 6-month eye doctor appointment since they dilate her and she can’t drive. I just sat in the car and finished up my Bible study homework for tonight. My food was good today and I’m working hard at staying as sugar-free as possible. :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh gosh, I'm sorry about the headache. I hope it's better today. That's too bad about baby girl hating bike rides. Hopefully she comes around. I love brownies. ;) Pinterest can be overwhelming but it's super helpful. For instance, I have a private board (no one can see it) called MY SAVINGS. When I want to buy something, I put the things on the MY SAVINGS board with a note that says how many hours I would have to work to pay for the thing. It's usually all impulse buys so I don't end up getting the stuff. I haven't used it for a while, I've been giving in to my impulse buys but now that I am thinking about it, I will use it again. Yes, I am glad for the time off, too! And I agree about the PB pretzels.

@renaegry That is early!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I love TJs, I'm going there today! Sounds like you had another good day.

Hi all. I made a meal plan with some TJ's easy meals, including: Asian Weeknight Feast (Chickenless Mandarin Orange Morsels, stir-fry veggies, Thai Vegetable Gyoza, jasmine rice), Bulgogi Beef and Kimchi Fried Rice with Korean-style short ribs, and Crispy Fish Tacos. The rest of the week is more complicated homecooked meals. The TJ's meals involve cooking but not to the extent as the others. I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday and got some new fall candles, they are having a sale: buy 2 get 2 free on candles so I couldn't resist! :D

• cbabie
    Morning, I reverted backwards yesterday...I swear I ate anything with fat and or sugar. So today I am making better choices. I took baby girl to the Dr and she is so healthy and good..I am so thankful for that blessing of God. I was reading the comments about diet on her paper from the DR and it is my choice what I buy, my choice what I give her...( I put ME in that line). LOL. I chose egg over PB today...I have to be strong for the both of us. Yet I have to be flexible so as not to teach that food is the evil one...It's our choices, our decision...Food is not sending us coded messages to eat them...(well maybe) LOL

@TeresaW1020 I can't even bring the hearing subject up with DH...you know I wear glasses but that doesn't mean something is wrong with me...MEN..ok my MAN...vain. Yet he will smoke 500 cigs and 2000 cups of coffee a day..LOL not really that many (just seems like it.....I am sure he has something wrong with his elbow..it's always bent and stays in place with his coffee cup. :open_mouth: Sounds like you had a GREAT day.!!

@trooworld I can't even pronounce the food you are having for dinner...LOL I know I wouldn't be able to cook them. You always have a good variety...Me I just make the same thing over and over. LOL. They all sound great..good job planning. ( I still have a bath and Body Works basket in my bathroom, it was so cute I kept it...MY sister gave it to me SEVERAL years ago for my birthday filled with lotions and such...it now holds things like cotton rounds, eye make up remover..etc. Can't pass up sales. :)

@renaegry Remember you. body needs rest...I think I never know how tired I am until I lay down. LOL. great job on the activities.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld Did you take a healthy snack to work? I'm still here in MN with dd. We're heading next week to Boston and some NE states for her vacation. I love Pinterest. I even set up my dd a Pinterest account. We are decorating her apartment. I put things that I think would look good depending on the room. She has put in a Shopping List board for things she likes and then if I see them or she seems them we order/buy.

@renaegry Woohoo on your 4 blue dots. Just keep working towards those each day. You are doing really well.

@teresaw1020 I'm glad you are doing well on your sugar free diet. Keep it up Interesting thing about hearing/speech. It makes sense. I have a slight hearing problem and I'm supposed to wear a hearing aid in my right ear but won't. I told him I'm too young. It's why I don't wear my glasses every day either. Just for distance and I don't need to look that far lol I thought you were all talking about TJ maxx instead of Trader Joes. lol

@cbabie Good for you for choosing egg over PB. Yes, deprivation makes us just want the "food" more, I think. Plus we can get some later if we want it. It's not like we have to go out and kill our food these days. I've been watching my daughter and how she eats. She pretty well eats what she wants but just in tiny portions. Do you have another sister I don't know about? I don't remember buying the basket. But then I don't remember much lately.

Yesterday
    257/238 Green
    64 min walking
    50% water
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Sounds like you have some very tasty TJ meals planned, so hopefully, it will keep you from ordering takeout as often. :)

@cbabie You are totally right that we choose what to put in our mouths. But don’t discount the addiction equation for sugary/starchy foods. Once some of us eat those foods it literally hijacks our brains. This is what I’m really working on this month with my quit sugar challenge. Yikes, your DH sounds like my dad! Unfiltered cigarette in his mouth, one cup of black coffee in one hand and a glass of tea in the other hand. Some people you just gotta let them do their thing and focus on what you need to do for yourself. ;)

@theslightedgeforever I’m the same with my glasses and only wear them when I need to drive or see at a distance. I think one of the reasons I can’t get used to wearing my contacts is that I don’t wear them except to church. I need to decide if I’m going to wear them all the time or just give them up. I’ve been reorganizing my Pinterest boards to make them more useful for me. :)

Good morning! I’m sitting here with my TV on and listening to the coverage for 9/11. They are reading the names now and it never stops being so horrific and heartbreaking. :'( I don’t have much going on today. DH and I have to clean our screened-in porch because Maggie decided to chew through a bag of potting soil. Plus, some of my potted plants are dying and need to go ahead and be thrown away. DH has football to watch today so I’m making turkey, bacon, gouda wraps so he can eat in front of the TV. :grin: He got his new hearing aids yesterday and loves them. This makes me so happy! :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That was a blip on your weight loss journey. You'll do better today. That's great that baby girl is healthy. Yes, you have to be a good example for her. I like the way you think. :) Most of that stuff from TJ's is pre-made and frozen and all I have to do is defrost it lol! I don't know if I can pronounce it either. I get bored of the same thing, I'm not someone that can eat the same thing over and over. I wish I were, it would make it easier I think. That sounds like a nice birthday gift. I have a hard time passing up sales, too.

@theslightedgeforever I only worked Monday - Wednesday in the office but yes I did. I still ended up getting into the vending machines one day though. You are really traveling, aren't you? That's great you are getting out. I love Pinterest, too. It sounds like you've put it to good use.

@TeresaW1020 Yes! No, it never does stop being horrific and heartbreaking. I'll never forget where I was when it happened or how I felt. I was at work at a bill collecting place when it happened. All work stopped and they wheeled in a TV to the IT room and we watched through the glass. So sad. Who wouldn't want to chew through a bag of potting soil? That sounds lovely lol. Those wraps sound delicious. Yay for new hearing aids!

Hi all. I had yesterday off and I didn't do much besides go grocery shopping. Today will be a busy day. I have to drive 35 miles away to pick up my paintings from the show I was in, then I am meeting my officemate to celebrate our birthdays. We are going to lunch. I'm definitely going to eat breakfast as we aren't eating until after 1 pm. My husband wants Cincinnati Chili for dinner and we only have it about once a year, so I agreed to make it. I started the process last night. I love it. That means I'll have to make a healthy decision for lunch. I'm going to look at the menu right after I'm done with my responses.

• trooworld
    I forgot to say: I quit WW. I am going to track in Cronometer and focus on healthy habits and being consistent. I have yet to decide my healthy habits but will think about it today. Nothing changes if nothing changes. CHANGE HAPPENS.

• trooworld
    Hi all. Yesterday was okay, I went to lunch with my officemate and had a salad but then I had a piece of chocolate cheesecake. Had my Cincinnati Chili for dinner as planned. I went way over in my calories but hopefully I can balance it out over the next 6 days. Today, I'm not doing much. I have a headache that hopefully will go away. I think it's from the heat.