Accountability Partner Wanted

dms1974
dms1974 Posts: 37 Member
If you are interested in meeting new people for the purpose of encouragement, motivation, or just getting a exercise partner please post here. I will start by posting my intro below.

Replies

• Mumzle
    Mumzle Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Julie, just starting on the mfp plan. I'm retired so have to contend with a sedentary lifestyle, especially during lockdown, and need to lose about 70lbs. I've made a start and lost 6lb during the last month, currently at 225lbs. I look forward to exchanging stories and motivating each other, so feel free to message me. Good luck everyone 🤞
  • plattef71
    plattef71 Posts: 34 Member
    I wish I were closer dms ! I'm Erin from Clarksville, TN. I work from home and also have a desk job which during Covid packed on 40 pounds. I am trying to get control of my life back and get off the high blood pressure and cholesterol medications. If you want to check in everyday I would be more than happy to exchange motivation with you :)
  • dms1974
    Mumzle wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Julie, just starting on the mfp plan. I'm retired so have to contend with a sedentary lifestyle, especially during lockdown, and need to lose about 70lbs. I've made a start and lost 6lb during the last month, currently at 225lbs. I look forward to exchanging stories and motivating each other, so feel free to message me. Good luck everyone 🤞

Hi Julie, I have fallen into a sedentary lifestyle as well. Covid still has me working from home so I really need the motivation. Congratulations on your loss so far.
  • dms1974
    plattef71 wrote: »
    I wish I were closer dms ! I'm Erin from Clarksville, TN. I work from home and also have a desk job which during Covid packed on 40 pounds. I am trying to get control of my life back and get off the high blood pressure and cholesterol medications. If you want to check in everyday I would be more than happy to exchange motivation with you :)

Hi Erin, Thank you for responding. I am sure you will be able to reach your goals. High blood pressure and cholesterol are serious issues so I am excited for you take control of them. Let's do this!
  • mkspecialk
    mkspecialk Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone these last few years has been life changing and my mind is still trying to catch up. I've always been on top of my health and nutrition. I've lost weight very quickly in the past and I stayed active. Recently I had a foot injury and I can't exercise like I used to and I have IBS which makes my weight fluctuate. On top of that I'm a stress eater and these years have had me on edge. I want to be focused like I always used to be. I start and I stop lately. My goal is to lose the 15lbs I gained from this pandemic. It will help my foot to heal so I can be active like I used to be.
  • pjbw8698
    pjbw8698 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone, I am new to this community and looking for some friends for support. I have over a hundred pounds to lose and looking forward to getting to know some of you.
  • mytempleisloved
    mytempleisloved Posts: 24 Member
    To pjbw869 I too need to lose a lot of weight - 200+. I'm not in Florida and I think dms1974 is way ahead of me in terms of weight loss. I am 63 years old and suffer from knee and back pain. But I refuse to give up this time. I wish all of you the best. I just started again today and I'm reading everything I can that might help. So pjbw869 feel free to be my friend and we can try to help each other. I need an accountability partner just like dms1974 does.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Hi everyone. I´m Susan. I did not even realize MFP had forums until quite recently. I previously lost a lot of weight (twice) and gained it all back and then some. The second time around during weight loss, I told myself I would need to keep tracking my food for the rest of my life to make sure I didn´t gain it back again. I lost 85 pounds and during the process of maintaining it for 4 years I got overconfident and stopped tracking. Eventually gained 100. The second time around I had some very good support from forums which no longer are functional.

I know having some online support will help me, but I am not sure what is the best way to use MFP, request friends or join groups. I am ¨back on the wagon¨ have lost 6 pounds, and am very commited. I semi-retired in order to focus on my health.

I have had an accountability at SparkPeople for several months in the past but eventually writing to each other daily seemed to be more burdensome than helpful. I think she felt that way too and we drifted apart. What worked better for me was a private group for support and trying to support each other not to succumb to irrational eating/emotional eating (going off our logical, rational plan of what we would eat and how we would exercise.) I am hoping to find (or create) a new group of people where we can provide support to each other privately (so that anything we write is not likely to be used by AI someday and we know who may be reading whatever we write). If anyone knows of such a group or is interested in helping start one I do have experience in co-moderating such a group on a different platform. I just don´t have the understanding of MFP to be able to start one myself, nor do I want it to be a long term commitment that I would moderate. Hopefully I group I could help get going that would n´t need much responsibility after awhile. I would prefer an invitation to a group someone has started and gotten going, but I could be a very active member in the group.

• neekepoo
    neekepoo Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hi everybody!

Nicole Here. I am 54 and retired. I am a transplant from SparkPeople, a health forum similar to MFP that recently closed. I am part of an amazing group that also moved from here from SparkPeople. I am nearing my goal weight and I couldn't have done it without the support of my group. Anyway, if you are looking for a group that is greatly supportive with a competitive edge, (the degree of competition is dependent on the team you chose), then I would highly recommend this group. If you are interested you can follow this link or just look up The BLC - Biggest Loser Challenge in group search. You can also message me and I can help you get set up.

Wishing everyone great success in your journey!
    Hugs,
    Nicole
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    31 year old medical assistant from Washington state. Just started this new journey Last July and so far so good. Started at 220lb currently 179lb. Looking for pals feel free to add me 👍
  • sassynurse73
    sassynurse73 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! My name is Shona I'm 48, and I'm also looking for an accountability buddy. A few years ago i was really committed with counting calories, and working out, and as a result I lost 40lbs. Unfortunately I gained a lot of it back.
    Recently I won two workplace weight loss challenges! I hate to lose, (not weight), and I love money, so I was determined to win!
    If anyone is interested in having a buddy, and making a commitment, out loud, or via message lol, to another person, send me a FR and a message.

• ChelleT2021
    ChelleT2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there! I am not meaning this as an advertisement, but as help to someone who is struggling! The only thing that's worked for me is Noom, because it helped to change my mindset...(not just a "diet") ..I believe it was a God-send to me. Am now in the maintenance phase. ((((Everyone)))) !!!