Are you an ice chewer?

13»

Replies

• OleTroubadour
    OleTroubadour Posts: 3,428 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There are sooo many annoying sounds but ice chomping ranks up with the worst. When you’re trying to have a conversation and they just crunch and crunch … swallow it already
    Have you ever thought they eat the ice to NOT hear the conversation?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

If that is the motivation - mission accomplished
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I am, but I have to be mindful of the ice type/consistency and how often I do it due to having several fillings and some crowns. So far, so good, but I tend to prefer tiny, crunchy ice over giant ice cubes... guilty of chewing on both.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    No. My teeth are hurting just reading this thread. I can't even bite into anything cold.

You know when some medical professional makes you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt? My 10 was the endodontist putting liquid nitrogen on my teeth one by one to test the nerves.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There are sooo many annoying sounds but ice chomping ranks up with the worst. When you’re trying to have a conversation and they just crunch and crunch … swallow it already
    Have you ever thought they eat the ice to NOT hear the conversation?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm seeing someone that chews ice and now this will be in the back of my mind when he does it.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,695 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    No. My teeth are hurting just reading this thread. I can't even bite into anything cold.

You know when some medical professional makes you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt? My 10 was the endodontist putting liquid nitrogen on my teeth one by one to test the nerves.

😖😫🤯Liquid nitrogen?! You hit the nail on the head there... ("My teeth are hurting just reading this thread.")
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Yes - Crushed ice, I like the best, but not great on my teeth - sensitivity - 😖
  • supernurse_84
    supernurse_84 Posts: 6 Member
    No, and I can't stand the sound of someone crunching ice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me!

This! Exactly this! It drives me up the wall!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    edited September 2021

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited September 2021
    I chewed ice for years and was told that I did so due to being severely Enemic.
    My Daughter who's an EDDA in a Dental Practice used get so mad at me everytime she saw me as she warned me several times about the damage I'm doing to my teeth. I finally stopped, but years later got the most excruciating toothache for several days! X-rays showed absolutely no cavities, however one of my back molars had a hairline crack which ran from the cap of the tooth all the way to the base. This was not visible to the eye and only seen in the X-ray films. The crack was all the way in back tooth, however the pain had radiated to almost the front teeth! They tried using a crown to protect the tooth from further damage and we're hoping to avoid anything more involved, however the pain continued and apparently I now need a Root Canal! 😩

My advice if you're finding yourself chewing ice often and with no forethought is to first STOP!!! And possibly have your Iron levels checked to make sure you're not Enemic!

GOOD LUCK!! 😁
  • ninerbuff
    I chewed ice for years and was told that I did so due to being severely Enemic.
    My Daughter who's an EDDA in a Dental Practice used get so mad at me everytime she saw me as she warned me several times about the damage I'm doing to my teeth. I finally stopped, but years later got the most excruciating toothache for several days! X-rays showed absolutely no cavities, however one of my back molars had a hairline crack which ran from the cap of the tooth all the way to the base. This was not visible to the eye and only seen in the X-ray films. The crack was all the way in back tooth, however the pain had radiated to almost the front teeth! They tried using a crown to protect the tooth from further damage and we're hoping to avoid anything more involved, however the pain continued and apparently I now need a Root Canal! 😩

My advice if you're finding yourself chewing ice often and with no forethought is to first STOP!!! And possibly have your Iron levels checked to make sure you're not Enemic!

GOOD LUCK!! 😁
    I've chewed ice for decades and drink soda for the same. My dentist tells me is so bad, but still to this day no issues with teeth because I do take care of them. Guess I have iron for teeth.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• MRaye803
    MRaye803 Posts: 27 Member
    Yes, I like crunching on crushed ice!
  • ninerbuff
    It's been hot here lately so I'm back onto my ice chewing!

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,759 Member
    Damn, some of my previous incarnations were far more amusing than I am today
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Only on the weekends.