Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @jan110144 @coolscience181 @bgame4 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Well done!

@Katmary71 Yeah I liked it, too. I hope you had fun with your family.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah that's what I figure, too. I hope you had a fun time at the party!

@krea4 Well done!

@jan110144 I'm glad you had a good time.

Hi all. I'm busy today but hope to get through some errands and housework.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/12
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: no
    30 min walk: no
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes
    Rest day
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    8/29 - 192.8
    9/5 - 194.4
    9/12 - 195.4

• vegan4lyfe2012
    Hey, all. I had pretty much thrown my hands up and decided I was a quitter. As you can see from my above post, I have totally gone in the wrong direction. I was behind over 190 entries on here and was feeling overwhelmed. I started scrolling through and so many of you are such encouragers. I think I'd like to hang on for the ride.

Side note - @trooworld I think I'm going to quit WW, too. I have 3 more weeks on the incentive rate ($13.65), then it goes up to $26-ish. I'm only down 6.6 pounds since April. I'm trying not to engage in self-hate talk. So...tell me how you like that Cronometer whatever app.

And if anyone on here uses the MFP Premium, please let me know if it's worth the fee. I'm debating. Thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Sounds like a great night, have fun!

@19shmoo69 Back up and swinging, you got this my friend!

@jan110144 Glad you had a good weekend.

@vegan4life2012 You're no quitter, you're still fighting so try not to beat yourself up, feeling bad about yourself won't help you get back on track. I think I tried Cronometer the first year I was on here, I like it better for logging but like the social side here more. I never used premium but the forum consensus is it's not worth it.

Another day dealing with my insurance, they're making demands for my last complaint. I'm feeling pretty bad, it was fun going out last night but it's hard to fake that I feel good when I'm in so much pain plus I don't want my nephews to see me hurting or to be grouchy around them so it takes a lot of energy out of me. My ex-boyfriend is taking forever to move and keeps trying to make up which means we keep fighting because I don't want to take him back, I want him to move and have it over with. Exercise was ok, I modified it and didn't use my legs today. Food's pretty good but I was off-track with sugar yesterday with my dad's birthday, back to it today as there's nothing sweet in the house but fruit.

Keep doing awesome Slimpossibles!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 You know that there isn’t one of us that hasn’t gone through a rough patch with our weight. It can be a couple of days or last for months. The important thing is that you stay as connected as you can to a community that believes in you and that you believe in yourself. I toss my vote in for using Cronometer. I’ve been using it for almost two months now and I love it! It’s very cool to see all the micronutrients and it helps me think more of eating a nutrient-dense diet and not just trying to hit a calorie count. It’s worth a try, right?

@Katmary71 I’m glad you had a good time at your dad’s birthday but sorry you had to work so hard to keep your nephews from seeing you in pain. You are such a good aunt! Now about this boyfriend. It’s time to stop being so nice and kick him to the curb! OK, I know that is mean but seriously you need him gone so you can live your life in your own home the way you want to. Do you want me to come over and talk to him? :grin:

Hi Team! I did have a great time with my staff and their spouses. We ate lots of food and laughed and talked, so it was really nice evening. Of course, my weight was up this morning, and I had a bit of a carb hangover. I had a good workout and went and did the grocery shopping for the week. My mom came out of her room this afternoon and has developed what we hope is just a cold. I will probably take her in the morning for a Covid test just so we can rule it out. I’m not sure if she has Covid if that means I need to quarantine again. I mean I’ve been vaccinated and just got over Covid. I got stuff to do this week!!

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): Calories were 1151 and protein 108 grams.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 16.6 natural sugar and zero added sugar
    3. Exercise (BOD program or church cleaning):Church cleaning today
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 You should definitely hang on for the ride. I love Cronometer, it is easy to use and it seems accurate. Everything is verified, so if you add a food? It gets verified by a Cronometer employee...you have to take a picture of the label and the front of the package and they verify it before they add it to the database. That is something MFP doesn't do nor WW. It also gives you a lot of information. I signed up for the premium because I make a lot of recipes and wanted to be able to import the recipes rather than create them. That functionality works so-so in my experience so far. I might have just stuck with the free version. I figured I was either going to track or not and I can track for free in Cronometer vs paying $28 per month with WW and not losing much. Good luck with your decision! You can do this!

@Katmary71 I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. Hugs to you.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you had a good time at the pasta party. That sounds like my dream come true lol, I love pasta! I will be thinking good thoughts for your mom.

Hi all. I downloaded a habit tracker to track my healthy habits in, it's called HabitShare. It's free for IOS and Android. I needed something to keep me accountable. Yesterday was good in that I stayed within my calorie range, even with going out for breakfast and having 2 oz of chocolate. At breakfast, I had avocado toast with fruit. It was a small serving and something I could have made at home but I didn't want anything else.

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Yes, stay please! When I hit the skids on losing (like right now) this group helps me remember that I have developed many healthy habits and I'm a healthier person even if the weight is not coming off right this minute. Remember that!

@Katmary71 - you are definitely a good aunt and a fighter of that nasty pain. Admirable. I'll come with teresaW and talk to the ex boyfriend if you like. He needs to go. Now!

@TeresaW1020 - oooo, I hope your Mom is OK. And I hope you don't have to quarantine.

@trooworld - I made the chipotle chicken last night and it was delish! Thank you! You are doing lots of good things for yourself right now. Keep it up.

I'm feeling a bit batty---- my work is kind of self paced and I got behind and now I'm pushing to get caught up before we leave Thurs. Of course I have the usual couple of errands and chores that need to get done before a vacay. Sleep is still not great. I'm trying my best to hold my diet and exercise together- both now and while we are gone. We will be visiting family, so I can exercise and we will not be eating every meal out. Really, that's all I can do and then hit it hard when we return.

Lisa

• mcmart11
    mcmart11 Posts: 13 Member
    Alright I am feeling a whole lot better now. Rona really took the energy out of me, along with my sense of smell. But I have recouped enough energy to start easing my way back to working out. So I will be getting back into this challenge and resume weighing in this Sunday.

Unfortunately can't go to the gym since I have not tested negative yet, therefore at home workouts will be my new friend.

Not going to lie, I am getting a bit stir crazy through my quarantine. I cannot wait to rejoin society and get back on track to losing weight!
  • mcmart11
    mcmart11 Posts: 13 Member
    @Cornanda
    You have a lot on your plate! I have faith you will make it through! Good luck!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    Have a question. I see when people are addressing other members on a comment their name is like an email. How do I do that? Lol yes I’m a tech dummy haha. But I’d like to do that as well so I can give proper input on here.

Today has been a busy day off. Did a bunch of running around getting ready to renovate my step sons room. He is 13 now and needs a big update from child to a teen. I’ve logged my food so far and am having salmon steak for supper yum. I have to say I’m struggling with snacking today. I’m a stress eater and my grandson is turning 1 soon and just found out we can’t go. They live 6 hrs away and they plan on having the party right on his birthday which is a Thursday. No way can I get the time off then. So I’m bummed. But we made arrangements to go up at later time when I can get time off but to miss his first birthday makes me sad. For today and every day my hubby is my rock even when I’m sure he thinks I’m nuts sometimes lol.
    Have a great night guys
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Does the HabitShare send you notifications? I might need to check that out. I do love a good app! :grin: Good job on keeping within your calorie range. I have been craving chocolate!

@Cornanda I get you about having to push yourself to do your work. Most of my job is done totally on my own time schedule and I’ve had to learn not to procrastinate, but it’s still hard at times. Yes, all you can do is your best while you are traveling and visiting family. You will get back on track when you come back home. The important thing is to have a wonderful visit.

@mcmart11 I’m very glad that you are feeling better. Please be super careful getting back to exercising. When I had Covid I did some Googling on recovery and exercise and didn’t realize how quickly you could have a setback. So listen to your body! :)

@tammymccrady6278 No shame in being technically challenged! You should hear the story of the day a nice woman tried to teach me to copy and paste something. :D All you have to do is add the @ symbol in front of the person’s name and that will turn it into a link, and it will let them see notifications that are for them. Renovating a teen's room is a big deal! My brother once painted his room black. Not the best idea come to find out. :grin: Sorry that you can’t go to your grandson’s birthday. Turning one is such a special occasion.

Hi everyone! First off, my mom seems to be ok today, but she says her runny nose comes and goes. We are just keeping an eye on her and will see what tomorrow brings. I had a very productive day. I worked out and then steamed cleaned my sofa. My little dog and the Georgia red dirt don’t do my pale silver sofa any favors. It looks great now, so I’m happy about that. I also did a bunch of cleaning and laundry. Now, I’m tired and ready to crash in front of the TV for the rest of the evening.

SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): Calories were 1473 and protein 132 grams.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar): 13.1 natural sugar and zero added sugar
    3. Exercise (BOD program or church cleaning):LIIFT 4 legs and Barre Blend lean legs
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so glad you had a great time last night! I hope your mom is feeling better soon.

@trooworld Sounds like you're doing great! How is kickboxing going?

@Cornanda I hope you catch up with work soon, I hate the pressure of falling behind. When do you leave for vacation?

@mcmart11 So glad you're starting to feel better, I hope you get a negative test soon! If you have any type of videos in mind let me know and I can give you some ideas, I became a YouTube workout junkie last year. Most of the ones I do now are modified but I was still in remission when I started working out at home so I have various cardio ones (dance, HIIT, etc)

@tammymccrady6278 I'm so sorry you won't be able to make your grandson's party. Your stepson's room sounds like fun, I hope you two have a great time with it.

Hey gang, kind of worn out, I went to the food bank farm this morning and was in charge of the onions and basil bunches. They're having another volunteer appreciation day on Saturday after we volunteer which should be fun. I started my fall plants a few days ago so I'm watering everything a couple times a day at home. I have a bunch of various health podcasts and appointments the rest of this week but nothing major.

Have a great night team!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/13
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: yes
    30 min walk: yes
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes
    Rest day

Plank 3 minutes side plank (4 x 45 sec )

80 min isometric exercise
    72 min walk ( 1.92 miles walk with 🐶& mother in law that’s why it takes so long )
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda I'm glad you liked it! Thanks. It's hard to hold diet together when you aren't sleeping well, I know. It sounds like you have a lot to get done before vaca, good luck! I hope you have fun.

@mcmart11 Welcome back! I would be stir crazy, too. Here's to good health!

@tammymccrady6278 Do NOT be afraid to ask questions. Chances are someone else was wondering that, too! I'm sorry you have to miss your grandson's 1st birthday.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad your mom is ok. Oh gosh, red Georgia dirt + a light couch do not sound like a good combination!

@Katmary71 Thanks yes I am. Boxing, not kickboxing...I had to give it up because we ordered a Tonal...both were big expenses and so one had to go. I chose to let the boxing go. But it was fun and a great exercise! Sounds like you are busy with the farm. Enjoy the time in the sun and I hope your appointments go well!

Hi all. I made healthy decisions yesterday. Climbing out of the hole one day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:164.0
    CW: 159.8
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 7/28:227.4
    Check in weight (9/1/2021): 225.2
    Check in weight (9/8/2021): 226.1
    Check in weight (9/15/2021):223.9
    Check in weight (9/22/2021:

My husband committed to using MFP with me! It is so helpful to have someone at home that is making an effort with me. Results are starting to show!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @Katmary71 – Thanks for the encouragement. I am so sorry about your insurance. It’s ridiculous. My mom needs a new stimulator battery surgically implanted and because of insurance we can’t have it taken care of at the hospital that is literally 10 minutes away from where she lives. We have to travel over an hour away. And it super sucks that all the pre-surgery stuff is all on different days for different reasons. So, I’ll have to take off work and drive her an hour away 6 times in 3 weeks. Pain in the patooky. Hugs to you.

@TeresaW1020 – I know, but I feel terrible about pulling the team down with my weight gain. Frankly, I’d completely give up if it wasn’t for you all on here.

@trooworld – Thanks! I’ll hang on as best I can. I’m intrigued by Habit Share. Gonna look into that.

@Cornanda – I’m chuckling because I’m such a negative person that I don’t even think I have developed any good habits. Anyway, I hope you’re enjoying your family!

So I downloaded Cronometer, but I have exactly 3,091 consecutive days on here and so many pages of foods and recipes I’ve entered, I think I’ll stick with this. Since I eat a lot of produce, the USDA entries seem legit.

To all the newer peeps that I haven’t interacted with, I am sorry! Here’s a quick intro:
    I am a single mom of 3 adult children – Son Marcus just turned 26 this past Monday and has been serving in the US Navy for 5 years. He has another 5 years on his contract, but I think he’ll re-enlist and do 20 for full retirement. He just told me that when he’s home for Thanksgiving, he plans on proposing to his girlfriend (yay!). My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and is married and lives about an hour away. Youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and lives at home while attending college. She's a bad influence when it comes to healthy food choices. I have had a love/hate relationship with food for as long as I can remember. I am a junk food vegan (will celebrate 10 years vegan in February) and I have a lot of bad habits to break that includes binge eating and self hate talk. I am working on it. I’m basically just very nasty to myself and I’d never be that way to others. It’s a tough journey, but I’m hanging in there.

I hope everyone has a great evening. After church I’m picking up some mums I ordered for a fundraiser, so hopefully they will put a smile on my face.

Don’t forget to eat your veggies and stay hydrated!

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • TeresaW1020
    @Katmary71 That is very nice that the food bank is having an appreciation day. What kind of things are you growing for the fall? :)

@trooworld All you can really do is take things one at a time and it looks like you did just that yesterday. I hope you did well today too. :)

@leonadixon That is great that your husband will do MFP with you! And congrats on your loss this week! B)

Hi Team! Not too much going on today. I went to work, cleaned out my kitchen, and pulled the trigger on getting a new phone. My current iPhone is 6 years old and not holding a charge anymore, so I got the iPhone 12 Pro Max and I’m super excited! It will be really great to have a nice new cameral for our trip to Savannah next month. My eating was good today and I had zero added sugar. I have church tonight so I better go get ready. :)
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Jan110144@gmail.com (Jan)
    Weekly weigh-in

Previous week - 149.7
    Current week - 151.2

Struggling, but back on track.
This discussion has been closed.