What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (35 min walk) and Day 6 of EPIC I (Dumbbell Arms and Abs Workout )
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    Two shorter hikes today, along the coast.
    Around 9.4km in total, duration 2h18min. Some elevation differences and more tricky passages, but overall easy today.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    Easy stuff today for my workout. 30 minutes on the rower, then 20 or so on the Assault Bike.

Short on time today. Hard one scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm OK with that. Did a nice job of controlling HR on a very hot day today. Garage was over 90, even with the cooler in there. I'm so ready for Fall and Winter. Summers in AZ are like everyone else's Winters. Even though this one wasn't bad, I'm ready for cooler temps. Though for 12 weeks of high temps, we do get 9 really nice months. All the "snow birds" come flocking back in around 4 weeks.
  • mirdos
    mirdos Posts: 31 Member
    lr7d8n9an7yx.jpeg

Bike, 40k
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    91cd6kpdtqqj.jpeg

Only 84 this afternoon but decided I’d dial it back and do a nice slow jog. 4 miles done…
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    skipped the optional recovery ride today to give my cranky hip a 24hr break.
    Will ride the trainer tomorrow am before seeing the chiropractor. Assuming I get the ok, may try to get in the long swim after work.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    A short hike during lunch.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    Rowing got stormed out this AM, so I didn't do what I'd call a workout, just puttered around the house then went over to supervise open rowing, carried a couple of single shells, and some oars. A big nada.

I also signed up for my Medicare supplement insurance's wellness rewards programs. It told me that any day I have 500 steps, I can count it as a daily workout. If I believe that, I've done 12.4 workouts so far today. Also, I only need to do that 8 times in a month for a basic reward (5 pseudo-dollars), 16 times for a bigger reward (10 pseudo-dollars).

YaWanna talk about low expectations of all seniors? 500 steps?!? WTFlippie-dip?!?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x10-60s (30s-3m)

Yoga
    Sun Salutation (10-30m)

Strength: E5MOM
    Pull-up - 5x6r (30r)
    Handstand Wall Hold - 5x30s (2m30s)
    Cossack Squat - 5x10r (50r)

7-8 pm:
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x10-60s (30s-3m)

Yoga
    Moon Salutation (10-30m)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning bootcamp in stormy weather!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Today is a rest day so only the treadmill (36 min walk)
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Zumba Fitness Concert
  • Djproulx
    edited September 2021
    mirdos wrote: »

Bike, 40k

Nice work. Looks like a scenic ride!

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    No ride this morning - family stuff got in the way... doing a shoulder workout at home with dumbbells and then curls.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    4.11km hike this morning, in 1hr51min, not counting breaks to catch our breath. We climbed 730 meters (2400 feet) in total, around 500 meters from sea level to a spectacular view point (platform with see-through floor, yikes) and then continued upwards to the top of the mountain.

Fairly challenging terrain ('staircase' of crazy tree roots, some steeper sections with chains and a large stone staircase at the end, with occasional mud). Combined with the steep incline, I soon realized I would not be taking the same route down and gladly paid the overpriced gondola lift to get back down (despite my fear of heights). Good cardio workout and I'm sure my quads will be sore for a few days to come 😁
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    Had a timed test row to turn in this month. Also a hot day, not a great combo. It was a 12 minute TT, as many meters as you can do. I averaged like 2:09 pace. Really disappointing. Did another 1000m and a couple 750m sprints after as penance for sucking wind.

Was really hoping for low 2:00s. I'll likely have another go when it cools down a bit later in the month. Tuesdays are my best day to try this so might go again next Tuesday.

Gym tonight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    22.9 mile bike ride, easy pace (average moving speed 10.9mph, mostly Z2, just under half hour Z3, 8' Z4 - HR maybe a little high given the pace, but there were fairly strong winds on some stretches . . . enough to make a 3-4 gear difference for me when it was a headwind vs. a tailwind).

Pushed a little at the end to make it home before a storm front arrived, but my shifter failed in the last few miles. I managed to get in a gear that kept me rolling, took it to the LBS right after, and the deluge came while I was there. Got back home to no power. Caved and got takeout. (Power's back now - out 2-3 hours only, not bad).

Interesting afternoon - not exactly what I'd planned. 😆
  • Djproulx
    Quick 45 minute trainer ride this morning. This afternoon, I dropped my bike off for a pre-race checkup and then visited the chiropractor to get a diagnosis of my hip pain. Good news is that its only a strain. I felt quite a bit of relief after he worked on me. Will give it a few days of only easy wetsuit swims (not much kicking) and some easy spins on the trainer.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    1200 yards swimming at the pool. It takes me a little more than an hour. I'm getting faster. :smiley: