Serial Starters

Replies

• OK, I'm back.....

Nikki - I am so glad that you stopped by.
    That is so awful about your horse. I don't have a horse, but I follow lots of owner/riders on TikTok, and many are horse rescues. It is staggering how much animal abuse, neglect, and starvation is out there. I can't even finish this paragraph.

It is sometimes a part of life that we regain all of our weight and then some. That is where I am right now. However, I have never given up!!

It would be neat if you could stop by once in a while and let us know how you are doing 😁

Lana 🌴

Thank you Lana, I’m intending on stopping by as much as time allows! I’m still on track so that’s good. Taking each day as it comes right now. One day at a time so I don’t overload. I refuse to give up and strangely even though I know less than a week of dieting has made no difference to my knees yet, I feel better about walking more and going up the stairs. Looking forward to the time it gets easier again.

Hope all is well with you Lana 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    4mjunk6rvh60.jpeg
    *** September 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started - gotta scoot!

Lana

261.0 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 goal 🦃
  • Hi All, morning Lana!

So we had a meal out last night for my parents wedding anniversary last night and whilst I can admit I didn’t totally stick with it, my choices weren’t as bad as they might have been previously. So I’m calling that a success! No more food related dos to go to for a while now though so I’m safely back with my plan!

How’s everyone doing?
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Welcome back, Nikki!

Lana, I see your progress! Good job!

Life is still busy and will continue for the foreseeable future. Huge event this weekend. Will be manning the Safe Surfin' Child ID kit booth along with sales for Wreaths Across America for The Moose at Newbern Depot Days. Have to start setup at 6:30 am and will break down about 10:30 pm. I will be there all day. Have others coming in four hour shifts to help. Keeping fingers crossed that everyone shows up and the weather will clear up. Not worried about my canopy (industrial grade), but I am worried about computers and paperwork.

All that said to say, all food bets are off. Food trucks galore at this festival, plus church run bake sales. You know you can't refuse to buy things from sweet little old church ladies. And cake walks. Last year ruined our streak. We had the longest run cake walk in the United States. Our walk is permanently painted in the street beside our town triangle. (famous for that too--only two cities in the US have a triangle instead of a square.)

Next weekend is Mid-year Moose conference in Chattanooga. There will be Greek food at some point. Possibly some Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (it's in our hotel.)

Then, District. Then, a bike run. Then, Training and a bike run. Then, an open house for the Moose Lodge. Now, it's Halloween.

Two more years. I will only be on the Women of the Moose Board for 2 more years. Maybe I will learn to ask for help in two years. We'll see. ***Disclaimer: I will likely have to move to The Lodge Board before it is all said and done.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,just

Bug guy in house looking for the flying ant/termites. Potential eye candy hard to tell with mask, but kindness goes a long way.... bugs not in my apt but outside in breezeway........yippee

Scale going up (stopped taking water pills and not walking my minimum) so rules are back on.

Got my steps in already that I have gotten all day for past 3/4 days - not as hot today.

Tracy, you do have a busy life, but being social is important as well. Keep yourself in your time budgeting.

Cannot take Mondays off, but I am so peeved that I will take T/W/Th off and to heck with it.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    4pvoq7esac2f.jpeg
    *** September 16th ***

Hey All~~

Just a quick peep to get us started today~~

Will be back later.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Nikki - you did very well with that anniversary celebration for your parents. Good for you 👍🏻

Tracy - the food festival(s) sound yummy! Try to get in some exercise, and it will balance out 😊

Sara - so it's next week that you will be working only Monday and Friday!? That will be great! 🌷

Waving to Lynn and Missy and Jordanna and Runa and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

262.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    zi5py112qcnp.jpeg
    *** September 17th ***

Dang - I was very moderate with food yesterday, but the ham got me.
    I will be walking with the ladies this morning, so hopefully I'll work up a sweat and get back in balance.

Everyone have a good end of the work week 🌴

Lana

263.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Friday!!!!!!! So glad the weekend is here! Foot is doing good. Dogs are doing better. Turns out they got a parasite that they could have picked up anywhere. They are all on the right meds and back to acting like the good pups they are. Getting work done on the yard, and have a couple graduate schools virtual open houses lined up. Looking for a better job as well. Hoping to start walking and hiking soon as well.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

~ Missy

CW: 221.6
    HW: 223.6
    GW: 110
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana I have yet to schedule, boss was "gone" speaking to higher ups it turns out and I applied for 2 internal positions while she was gone. Some time soon I will get a T/W/Th off.

Missy good luck college shopping. Glad dogs are doing better. Good animal parents know it is just not the same when they are not well and happy.

Carpet replaced at work so I got to go home early - not a choice and had to use my time off hours. Found a penny and gave to coworker and walked to car and found $10.00 - good karma found me fast!!!!

Possible rain Sunday so long as it rains in CA I am happy.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    g9brvnnkbrkn.jpeg
    *** September 18 ***

Hi Everybody ☀️

Missy - what a lovely photo of you! It's good to hear that your pups are getting better. Hugs to the floofs 🤗
    I'm happy for you that your quest continues for grad school, new job, and that your foot continues to improve. Yay!

Sara - Oh, I so hope that you get one of the new positions you've applied for. Isn't that great about the penny and the $10? That is your good karma coming back to you. 😁🌷

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Jordanna and Nikki and Runa and everyone else who stops by today. Have a great Saturday!

Lana

262.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Went with neighbor to eat Chinese (scale will tell me tomorrow?) for lunch, we go and get away for a couple of hours so she is not bombarded by her stresses.

Rain is possible tomorrow. Anywhere in CA is good.....

• LanaCabana537
    16y1obixk6qe.jpeg
    *** September 19 ***

Sara - I hope that the Chinese food getaway was yummy. 😁

I have a bit of paperwork to do, and then maybe a walk, if temps stay low.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.0 today
  • Twiley510
    Exhausted from yesterday's event. Every part of my body hurts.

Art and I are going to Reelfoot Lake to eat today. Celebrating our 15 year anniversary.

I have to get laundry done today and pack for Chattanooga. We leave early Thursday morning.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Hi All, apologies for my lack of posts, it’s been a busy weekend here, they nearly all are now we have the horses at home.

Lana I hope your paperwork wasn’t too stressful, Sara I hope you get one of the jobs you applied for, you need a whole week off sometimes! Glad to hear that poorly dogs are doing better too.

My weekend was horse filled yesterday and today we had a visit from my hubby’s best friend who lost his wife to COVID in February, it was tragic, just turned 50 the week before and she died on Valentines Day. It’s the first time we’ve seen him since she died and it was really hard not having her with us.

On a more positive note, I didn’t overeat and I did my first walk on Treddy Eddy (my treadmill) since I got back on here. I only managed 17 minutes walking slowly but it’s a start. Next step is to try to introduce either some Aqua aerobics or water walking. Just need to figure out how I can set up an iPad or something to watch a class! I don’t think hubby will let me put a tv in there!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. Off to bed for me now as it’s nearly midnight! Night all 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    v447or9al312.jpeg
    *** September 20th ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

.....just getting us started....will be back later....

Lana

261.2 today
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy in Tennessee - belated anniversary congratulations!
    🌷💖🌷
    I briefly looked up Reelfoot Lake, and I have to go back after this to read in full. I've always had a fondness for geology and seismology, and this lake was created by an earthquake! I am in awe and must know more about it.
    Are you going to Chattanooga for a 4-day weekend or longer? Is this business or pleasure? I've no hope of remembering if you've told us. I hope you have a safe trip and a good time 😁

Nikki - so awful that your friend lost his wife on Valentine's Day of all things. Wishing him love and light.
    Sometime soon, I would love to hear about your horse/horses. Names, breed, age, sex. I have serious horse envy along with dog envy. 🐴

Sara - I hope that you are sailing along above the fray. I can see you in your Foster Grants! 😎 You are as cool as a cucumber 😉

I couldn't get myself to walk this morning, but I did get in the frigid pool for 25 minutes for some serious water exercise. 🥶 That's got to burn mega calories, no?

Waving to Lynn and Missy and Jordanna and Runa (woman, where are you?) and everyone who stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Yes, it was, Lana! The Mississippi river flowed backwards and formed the lake in a cypress grove. We have lots of eagles living there.

Chattanooga is the Mid-year Moose Convention for Tennessee Moose Association. We have to be there Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to relaxing some at this one. A few things have happened and my give a d@∆π is broke. I have decided to stop trying so hard to please people or improve things. Leadership effort by a woman is not appreciated by the old guard.

Read "is not appreciated" as " must be destroyed at all costs. "

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week.

Tracy in Tennessee

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got my 5k in.

Ordered kitchen items to make it safer (I am klutzy with knives) and while I enjoy my caramelized onion jam - I have a bandaged finger, so I want to make more and need help to be safer. Onion jam can have roasted garlic and has NO ADDED SALT at least the recipe I used. I made a quiche but will mix eggs and jam together next time. It does not make a lot but it would be dynamite on Hamburgers.

Long day - Monster is taking more days off and it is usually the day I take off. Roll my eyes.

3 job applications still pending and looking when I can.

Time to curl up and snore. Cool enough for a light sweater in the morning. Many of us are hoping that this trend continues as it has been a long Summer.

• Happy Tuesday all!

Tracey that sounds absolutely lovely to someone in the UK who never gets to experience any of those things! I think I need a trip to your side of the pond!

Lana 25 minutes in a cold pool is plenty. I shrieked getting in at 28 degrees last night and only managed 20 minutes before I decided I was too tired to move fast enough to counteract the cold! Not complaining though, we’re incredibly lucky to have our own pool and I need to make the most of it before we turn it off for the winter!

Sara good luck with the job applications I really hope you find something suitable soon. I’m in a similar boat with needing to find something as it’s looking like I’ll be let go as part of a service redesign. But anyway your caramelised onion jam sounds amazing too. I hope you can get some help to make it.

Yesterday for me was busy, Monday always is busy at work, then after work we clear the fields of the horse poop but at the moment our quad is broken so we have to use the tractor to pull the trailer around and I can’t step up onto the tractor because it’s so high and I’m so fat with broken knees so I’m walking everywhere which is exhausting. I did force myself to go on the treadmill and in the pool afterwards though, which despite the cold did ease my back. Here’s looking forward to doing it all again today!

I’m going to try to add a picture of my horse with the tractor that I took last night. He’s 18.1hh and the tractor is a Grey Fergie built in about 1953. My daughter is driving! Moose (my horse) was fascinated!