What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    eeukupeafumv.jpeg

Chicken piccata and roasted zucchini. Even the toddler ate the zucchini, once it was cut small and dipped in ketchup :D
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Simple salad. I tried to make it pretty instead of just dumping it all in, but I'm not particularly good with aesthetics.
    x56qhu8oad89.jpg

That looks really great and it’s such a good tactic. If your plate looks ‘special’ you’re enhancing your eating experience which is a fantastic tool in any weight loss arsenal. For me that’s important, if I’m pleased with how my food looks I feel more satisfied 😊

@BarbaraHelen2013 - agree!!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited September 2021
    Kelp noodles w/pesto, langostino & kumato cherry tomatoes. Side of sautéed spinach. Warming up the kelp noodles makes them soft like angel hair pasta. Otherwise they're crunchy which is fine in a salad.

84j3qmflmuzg.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited September 2021
    Oven baked chicken drumsticks & potatoes, cherry tomatoes and coleslaw. Although I used my normal shake & bake for the chicken I would say my herb/spice choices resulted in an unattractive result though the flavor was still good. For the slaw I used Primal Kitchen garlic aioli mayo with a bit of apple cider vinegar to to thin it. I wasn't sure how it would be with the garlic but it ended up being fine. Usually I use the Primal Kitchen chili lime mayo which gives it a slightly spicy taste that we like.

1gi5pb45gloj.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Actually managed to make breakfast on a weekday. Eggs, bacon, leftover tzatziki
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Takeaway from the new Malaysian near us, supplemented with homemade blanched choi sum with garlic sauce becaue the menu was short on veg.
    9cebr3lc117t.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Soy mince & green lentil chilli, brown rice with petit pois and stringless beans.

muh3rz1aw8n4.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    ubcbp6vkj0bz.jpeg
    Chicken alfredo make w heavy cream and way more butter than I usually use by a long shot. It’s been a lousy week so I indulged.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Stir fried vegetables with a Thai Peanut (PB2) Sauce. I was going to make Soba Noodles but there was a lot of volume of vegetables so decided to microwave a few Prawn Crackers instead. It looks a bit grim because I used too many mushrooms. It made it look dark and not as good as it tasted. 🤷‍♀️

h2yle5do6h5g.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    @BarbaraHelen2013 How do you microwave your prawn crackers? When I try this, the edges remain hard and un puffed? I just nuke them dry for 30 seconds on high. Do you add water or oil or use a different temperature?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    @acpgee - as it happens, I tried two different methods yesterday. I figured a bit of steam might help them puff so put a mug of water in the microwave with the first few crackers. Worked ok, but as you say the edges, or part of, remained translucent and unpuffed. So I tried flipping them as soon as they started to puff - that seemed to work better.

I then took the water out and did a few dry. Again, I turned them over when they were about half way puffed. That seemed the best method.

I think the trick is to do no more than 3 at a time but my microwave doesn’t have a turntable so if yours does you might get away with doing a few more at a time. I used the highest power (900w) and set it for 1 minute.

I might also try covering them with a sheet of kitchen roll next time because that’s the trick with poppadums - makes all the difference in my microwave.