The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Ket0_queen21
    Ket0_queen21 Posts: 14 Member
    I’m middle aged and need to lose weight and tone up , who’s with me?
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Afternoon all.

I am in the nice position of wanting to put on a bit of weight. (I'm current 139 pounds- I aim to keep myself between 140 and 147.) The downside is that the weight gain happens more easily than the cuts...
  • 1002Shed
    1002Shed Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 49, always enjoy others, providing support, and having a sense of team! Retired Navy Chief, so if you cannot be honest with yourself and simply want an echo chamber, I recommend the 'Safe Space' group. Keep me honest and I will do the same! For instance...I gained 100lbs in the 10 years after my retirement, yup beer, BBQ, and lots of cigars! Now I am a phatty and realized someone should have muzzled by Dumba$$ the day I walked the brow. No pain no gain! Here for ya!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    I have 4 weeks before my next holiday and I am desperate to get into a swimsuit to go swimming with my granddaughter so really pushing myself I have found a weight exercise routine and plan to walk every day to get rid of the weight. Started well today although had to strap my knees up and now sitting with a hot water bottle for my back pain , oh well at least I did it.
  • Hi. I'm 37 but feel about 90!

I've been on MFP for about 10 years - well off and on.

I have about 78 kgs to lose (170 lbs). I've lost about 23 kgs so far (50 lbs). My highest weight was 147.7 kgs (325 lbs). 55 kgs to go (120 lbs)!

I have osteoarthritis in both my knees and both sides of my lumbar spine. I also have gout in my right foot and pcos!

Feel free to send me a friend request 😊
  • pete148251
    pete148251 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m 45 and currently 12 kg into my current weight loss journey. Hoping to lose another 15 kg. Happy to receive friend requests, exchange motivational stories, share what has worked well for us and discuss fitness challenges.
  • Anne_marie1985
    Anne_marie1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I am not getting any younger and really wanting to get healthy:)
  • bmotisko
    bmotisko Posts: 21 Member
    Hi all, 45 here. I've been going through some health stuff since 2015 when I suffered congestive heart failure. After that I found out I have end stage liver disease and stage 4 kidney disease. I've been focused on losing weight to try and slow down the progress of them. I'm on a strict low sodium and low potassium diet because of the liver/kidneys.

I've been logging food since the end of January and I'm down almost 85lbs since then. Logging food pretty much has been a game changer for me. I'm still 31lbs away from my first big goal of 200lbs but I'm getting there. Just gearing up to try and do this last push to get there.

Anyway,
    Feel free to invite. I don't post too often on here anymore but I log in everyday, like/comment/support where I can.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Happy Monday from London!
  • leos_daddy
    leos_daddy Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Jason. I was a member of MFP for quite a few years and de-activated my account in 2019. I have recently reactivated and looking to improve my health. I suffered a broken ankle back in 2016 and as a result, unable to run like I used to and I've also adopted some not so clean eating habits. My weight went from 195 to 225. I'm now down to 213 and would like to lose about 20 more. Thanks for taking the time to read my note and feel free to send a friend request. It doesn't matter if you're young, old, male, female, etc. I'm pretty easy to get along with.
  • annliz23
    elnxvey7dvov.jpg
    I might be coming 59 but I am not down and out yet!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    leos_daddy wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Jason. I was a member of MFP for quite a few years and de-activated my account in 2019. I have recently reactivated and looking to improve my health. I suffered a broken ankle back in 2016 and as a result, unable to run like I used to and I've also adopted some not so clean eating habits. My weight went from 195 to 225. I'm now down to 213 and would like to lose about 20 more. Thanks for taking the time to read my note and feel free to send a friend request. It doesn't matter if you're young, old, male, female, etc. I'm pretty easy to get along with.

Hi Jason , good to see you again 🙂
  • martina28
    martina28 Posts: 17 Member
    Turning 40 in November and trying to loose about 20 pounds. Looking for friends to help with accountability.
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    I suppose going to be 60 is almost tops for the group but hope to join in.
  • annliz23
    I suppose going to be 60 is almost tops for the group but hope to join in.

Good luck this is a good group and you can also join 60 yrs and up group if you want, I am almost 59 so topnend of the group too.
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks Everyone. The only enemy of mine is the mirror. When I awaken I feel like I did in my 20's, 30's, 40, 50's plus until I look into the mirror and wonder how the years have flown. The lines are cut a bit deeper and all that white and grey hair. So, I get my super powers back and look away from the mirror... haha
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    I have been on and off MFP for years now...unfortunately repeating the same cycle I always do. I was doing good until a knee issue put me right back on a path to destruction! Now I am starting over AGAIN. I find I do best when I am logging in daily and interacting with those on my feed and some of these threads. It seems to hold me accountable and the inspiration of others keeps me motivated! If you like the same, feel free to add me!