What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    1.25 mile run followed by bootcamp.. was really dragging today...
  • JoannaKh
    JoannaKh Posts: 30 Member
    Cardio + Leg day for me !
  • I do 20 Min Beginners Intro to Recumbent Bike Intervals Workout many time per day
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited September 2021
    Dreary weather today, so no hiking. I decided to do a run instead, in the area surrounding our cabin, asphalt and gravel roads.
    Ups and downs between sea level and around 20m elevation.
    I'm still figuring out how to pace myself when not running on a treadmill and I ended up pushing myself a lot harder than intended.

End result (which shocked me in a good way):
    5.10km in 35min20, which is a pace of 6min55/km.
    That pace is unheard of for me, certainly over that long a distance! There may be a runner hiding in me yet, lol.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x10-60s (30s-3m)

Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)

Conditioning: E3MOM
    Jumprope - 5x2m (10m) (15m)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a 30 minute, rate 20 (20 SPM) row at lunch along w/ 20 easy minutes on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). Probably went too hard on the rower. Let the HR get up to around 151 or so, which is like 80% of max. Way too hard for a Steady State easier day but I felt like it. Around 6250 meters on the rower and then really easy pedaling on the bike.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (36 min walk) and Day 8 EPIC I (upper body dumbbell workout)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Followed MD's orders and gave the legs another day off from running. Picked up my bike from the fitter, who gave it a pre race once over, and then I headed off for 90 minutes of deep tissue work and assisted stretching. Looking forward to an open water swim before work tomorrow.

Ten days to race day.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Did my usual off work day elliptical. 99 minutes but getting faster, registered 8.34 miles instead of 8!
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Started my day with yoga and I have spin class this afternoon.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2021
    Quick open water swim before work. Focused on maintaining swim form and breathing cadence. Covered 2100 yds at my easy "race pace: of 2:15/100yds. This is fairly slow, since the goal is to exit the swim feeling great as I start the bike split.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    Today a 6km hike in 2 hours.
    Not really a big challenge fitness-wise, but definitely not an easy walk. Constant up and down, alternating between tree roots, rocks and boulders of varying sizes (sometimes with ropes or chains to hold on to) and boggy areas (sometimes with planks strewn across).
    Definitely would have loved to have longer legs for getting up and down those obstacles and across the boggy areas 😁 but beautiful landscapes.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    No deliberate exercise this morning... was out late with the better half and slept in this morning (got up at 6:30 instead of 5:30 :smile: )

Will be getting exercise after work by moving all the furniture out of one of the bedrooms... gonna pull the carpet and replace it with laminate flooring this weekend. This is the only room that I have not replaced the flooring in yet this year, so it will be nice to mark finished on this project.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    Bought a new Wahoo Tickr HRM that goes on the arm. I'm still debating if I like it. Loved how it felt. Not sure it's close to as accurate as the chest strap ones.

Did 6 X 500m rowing machine with 5 minute breaks. During the breaks did HIIT lifting again. Quick succession legs, chest, shoulders w/ no rest between sets. Sit back on the rower, get to actually rest around 90 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Tried to hold all under 2:00 pace, which would have been modest for me a few years ago. It was a huge challenge with the lifting today. Heat wasn't bad. Made it to 5 and barely missed on the 6th one. Only around 46 minutes total working time, around 650 calories burned. Wanted to really push today. Last two sets I thought my heart would beat out of my chest and I hit 180 HR, so that's good. The last rowing set, I hit mid 1:30s pace, then quit, started up, quit again and still almost made 2:00 pace. Ended up at a 2:00.1. Happy I didn't just quit outright.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (36 min walk) and Day 9 EPIC I (Full Body Workout with Dumbbells)