Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• dawnhill1266
    dawnhill1266 Posts: 9 Member
    dawnhill1266

PW 218
    CW 217

If I could get my weekend calories (eating out) under control I might be able to keep losing. Such a struggle.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @renaegry @leonadixon Great losses, congrats!

@vegan4lyfe2012 The trick is to remember to use it! I leave it open on my phone so I see it. ;) I can see why you are sticking with MFP. I'm sure the USDA entries are legit, it's the ones added by humans that I worry about lol. Can you post a picture of your mums so we can all smile with you? :)

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! And you are right. I'm excited for you about your new phone. Congrats on a good day!

@dawnhill1266 Oh I hear you. My weekends are my downfall, too. I'm trying to tweak my weekends but it's hard. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I missed my calorie budget by 25 calories yesterday, I'm calling that close enough. :D The weather is cooler here (but not cool) so I'm making beef stew in the slow cooker today. It should be another good day.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/14
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: yes
    30 min walk: yes
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes
    received the 2nd jab and having some symptoms
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.4
    CW: 131.0
    I traveled all day yesterday so this is the weight from this morning, but it will do.
    My 5 day trip to move my daughter to school in OR was good, 70F in the day and 55F at night , no humidity , no traffic, NO mosquitoes (seriously), but we ate ALL meals out and her room is minuscule.
    I was terrified to step on the scale today and it’s not even bad.
    Unrelated- my sleep is still not good so I bought red glasses for evening ( actually they are clip-on since I can’t read without help😁). Last night was the first time I used them and it’s not exactly relevant after a 11h trip. I’ll report next week if it makes a difference.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    @GabiV125 hey that’s not bad for eating out all week. Sounds like you had a good trip overall. Hope your sleeping starts to improve. I know what it’s like to not sleep.

@dawnhill1266 great loss. I hear you on staying on track over the weekend. It can be hard for sure. Just have to keep plugging away. At least that’s what I have to do.

My day was hectic with work then groceries then getting at the gardens. Finally sitting in my chair and relaxing. I should sleep well tonight. I had a good day on food choices and was under my calorie goal. So I’m happy. Have a good night guys.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @trooworld Is it a Tonal gym? I just Googled it and that's what came up. Sorry for mixing up the boxing, we have 9Round here and I was going to join, I kept picturing it as a gym like that for some reason. Beef stew sounds awesome!

@leonadixon I love that your husband joined MFP, how fun to do it together!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope your mom's surgery goes well, drives me nuts that they have her going so far away when if she has stimulator she's obviously in pain. I hope she gets good relief from it.

@TeresaW1020 Congratulations on your phone, how fun! My summer stuff is still going but I planted kale, two types of spinach. radishes, lettuce leaf mixes, and Swiss chard.

@murdog3t I hope you feel better!

@GabiV125 Sounds like you did great on your trip, wtg!

@tammymccrady6278 Sounds like you did great today, hope you have a good night's rest.

Hi Slimpossibles, did my workout then went to an appointment and went to Trader Joe's, I have a bunch of fun fall stuff to try out (their pumpkin body butter smells awesome btw). Been listening to various podcasts most of the day, I'm tempted to stop eating gluten again since my genetic testing said I have celiac on both sides of the family. No sugar aside of coffee cream is still going well though the pizza sauce I bought at Trader Joe's has to have sugar in it as it's way too sweet. Tomorrow I have to go pick up the nutritional supplement from the holistic pain group (I canceled auto delivery because I thought it was what was making me sick but it was a medication) and work out, I need to spend some time in the yard too.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 177.2 :/
    LTD: 87.2
    Month +/-: +0.6
  • trooworld
    @murdog3t Great job. I hope your symptoms aren't too bad.

@GabiV125 Eating out all meals and traveling, I'd call your weigh-in a win! I'm glad it went well. Please do let us know about the glasses. Many of us suffer from lack of sleep!

@tammymccrady6278S I'm glad you had a good day.

@Katmary71 Yes, that's it. It's really cool but it is a big expense for us. Luckily they have a 30-day return policy if we don't like it. Cheaper than some gym memberships though. No worries about the boxing! The beef stew was pretty good but I left it in the crockpot too long. :( Thanks for the tip about the pumpkin body butter. Have a great day!

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.0
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 I love the smell of pumpkin spice! I buy Rao’s Marinara sauce. It is the BEST and has no added sugar, which is super hard to find in most pasta sauces. How great that you get all that fresh produce to eat! :)

@trooworld I was just saying that I wish it would cool off enough to start making stews and chilis. Maybe I should just do it and the cooler weather will follow! :grin:

Hi everyone! Well, I wasn’t too happy to have a gain this morning, but it is what it is. I’ve been slacking with the Data Driven Fasting and I’m going back to tracking my blood sugar and also tweaking my meals to cut more fat and lesson my use of dairy and cheese. I think I’ve got a good handle on my sugar intake most days, so I’m happy about that. I got my new phone and have been playing with it most of the afternoon. :grin: Also, I’m going to start a new 100-day challenge starting September 23rd to December 31st. With vacation and holidays coming this will help me stay mindful to keep striving towards my goals. Who is going to join me! B)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Staring weight 160
    PW
    9/3/21: 157.8.
    9/10/21: 157.8
    CW:
    9/17/21: 157

Daily goals :
    Date: 09/16
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: yes
    30 min walk: yes
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes
    Plank 3 minutes side plank (4 x 45 sec )

63 min isometric exercise
    33min walk ( .68 miles walk with 🐕)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Hi everyone, not much new to report. I went to the holistic pain group to get my supplement and I'm going to be used as a subject for their class on Sunday which means I have to tell what happened to me in front of a group which is horrifying, I'm trying not to think of it or I'll get too nervous to go and I can't be that big of a chicken because of a phobia so I'll make myself do it. I'm guessing it's the same crew as last time and they're doing Chinese medicine so I'll shake like a leaf for a few minutes then they'll treat me for free and I'll get over it. Tomorrow's the food bank farm then they're having another appreciation BBQ. Last time a new church took it over so most of the volunteers stayed away, I tried to make sure some would go this time. The people from the church are cool it's just not the volunteer crew. I signed up for a William Hof Meetup Zoom Sunday morning so maybe all the breathwork will help my public speaking phobia. Workouts are still fairly good, I'm doing a workout challenge this weekend so I have to bring it in the morning tomorrow. I'm off to watch The Conjuring 3, have a great night!
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight (9/10/2021): 222
    Current Weight (9/17/2021): 221.5
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 155.4
    CW. 153.8
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 261
    CW: 260.5
    LTD: 39.5
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 229.3
    CW 228.3
    LTD 21.2
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi from Wisconsin!

My weight drop this week was a pleasant surprise. I was up quite a bit and expecting about a 1 pound loss based on my daily weights. The down whoosh made me happy- all the way back to my newest low weight. I got on the scale twice to be sure it was right!

My dear MIL was told to go easy on the treats while we were here. So she "only" bought 12 cupcakes, 2 dozen cookies, some danish and an angelfood cake. We are here for 2 days. :( I haven't eaten much of it. We'll see what my Mom does when we get down there tomorrow.

Happy weekend!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 221.8
    CW: 223.2
    LTD: 24.8
  • trooworld
    @davidji82 Congrats on yet another loss, well done!

@TeresaW1020 I think you should! LOL I'm glad you are enjoying your new phone. Sorry about the gain. What would I need to do for the 100-day challenge? Explain more please for us.

@murdog3t @TheGlwUp @laurelfit57 @davors19 @tammymccrady6278 Well done!

@Cornanda Zowie girl, well done! What did you do differently this week?

@Katmary71 I have a public speaking phobia as well. I tried going to Toastmasters for it but it was just too anxiety-provoking and I had to stop going. I hope the class goes well today for you. Enjoy your weekend!

Hi all. I'm still working on being consistent with my chosen healthy habits. It's not easy to change some of them as I've done the opposite for so long. Case in point: one of my healthy habits is to put my fork down between bites. I do it about half the time right now thanks to starting the healthy habits but my goal is 100% of the time. I will keep fighting for my health.

This discussion has been closed.