What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Enduro race training circuit

Spin bike 2 minute intervals with varying difficulty and speed. Every 10 minutes
    10 50 pound sandbag bent over rows
    10 50 pound sandbag shoulder press
    10 50 pound sandbag front squats
    25 sit-ups
    ** Repeat for 2 hours **

Wow. That's quite a session!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 329 Member
    Walking the dog (10 min), walking in the park (25 min), swimming at the local swimmin' hole (50 min).
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    No specific exercise, but I pulled carpet, padding, base boards, tack strips to prep a bedroom for new flooring. After all that, I installed the vapor barrier and did half the laminate flooring. I will finish the laminate tomorrow, re-install the base boards and then put the furniture back in the room.

A busy weekend for me...
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Splitting and stacking firewood

Weeding the garden
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    3d32drnv594t.jpeg

A nice brisk walk from the house to the lake and back…
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited September 2021
    Taking full advantage of the hotel gym (before traveling to the next cabin), I got up early this morning to do some strength training before breakfast.
    I was taken aback a little by how crowded it was, 4 other people already working out. Instant reminder of why I have a home gym 😛

Despite feeling very self conscious, I did:
    4 sets of barbell bench press
    3 sets of leg press (fun! it's the one piece of equipment I actually miss at home, haven't used one in 13 years)
    3 sets of lat pull-downs
    3 sets of dumbbell rows
    2 sets of weighted hyperextensions

I might have overdone it a little, trying to compensate for not having done strength training since September 10th, I will definitely be very sore!
  • mrmota70
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Taking full advantage of the hotel gym (before traveling to the next cabin), I got up early this morning to do some strength training before breakfast.
    I was taken aback a little by how crowded it was, 4 other people already working out. Instant reminder of why I have a home gym 😛

3 sets of leg press (fun! it's the one piece of equipment I actually miss at home, haven't used one in 13 years)
    3 sets of lat pull-downs
    3 sets of dumbbell rows

I might have overdone it a little, trying to compensate for not having done strength training since September 10th, I will definitely be very sore!

Been to the coast twice in the last few months and both times I used the hotel gym it was all to myself. Ha ha. I guess Friday and Saturday nights not typical for folks to be working out when they’re supposed to be vacationing and doing the usual eating and drinking…. Probably pandemic 😷 has a little something to do with it.. I have a home gym and was a bit apprehensive so it was fun..
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

3 sets of lat pull-downs
    3 sets of dumbbell rows

Been to the coast twice in the last few months and both times I used the hotel gym it was all to myself. Ha ha. I guess Friday and Saturday nights not typical for folks to be working out when they’re supposed to be vacationing and doing the usual eating and drinking…. Probably pandemic 😷 has a little something to do with it.. I have a home gym and was a bit apprehensive so it was fun..

Well, this was the fourth hotel gym workout of this trip and only the first where I didn't have the gym to myself, I guess I can't complain 😁
  • mrmota70
    ircv805hjjgt.jpeg

Easy Sunday over and done with… am hopeful I can at least get 1 mile under 9 mins in the next few months…. Homemade Americano ☕️ coming up.. you all have a good rest of your weekend.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Did an easier bike ride this morning. Tapering plan called for 2:20:00 at a steady aerobic pace.

Five of us rode a scenic, shorter and flatter route, covering 41miles. With only 1660ft of climbing, the 16mph pace turned it into a fun social ride.

Will get in an open water swim tomorrow morning before work.
  • _ORIGINAL_BEAST_
    _ORIGINAL_BEAST_ Posts: 118 Member
    106 minutes of full count basketball🏀 im beat🥱
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minutes on rower, then 25 on the Assault Bike. Might finally have the new Tickr Fit (HRM) set up correctly. Not as accurate as a chest strap, which I expected, but this AM's row was utterly useless. Didn't pick up the entire row.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Today I picked a random calorie burn goal. 1000 is a nice round number. I picked one workout for each muscle group and grabbed my spin bike. 10 minute spin, 10 reps for each workout with no rest and repeat until you burn 1000 calories.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    yesterday: treadmill twice (21 min walk & 14 min walk)

today: treadmill (35 min walk)