Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA 2020 followed by Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat Plus Core. This recovery week has flown by! I have to get myself mentally ready for Meso 3. Good thing I enjoy this Mesocycle.

Thelma, great workouts. We were in the low 50s this morning! I went to the grocery store and can see some of the leaves are changing. The seasons are definitely shifting now. It seemed to happen so fast this year. Like you, I have little tolerance for cold anymore. My body much prefers being warm. But I don’t mind losing some of the humidity. :) Zillow tells us our house value has increased by nearly 30% in less than three years which, to me, is crazy and over-inflated. But it also tells me that, right now, reasonably priced houses are going to get sold in minutes. But we aren’t looking to sell, so it is all moot to us.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend! We had a very nice weekend. The weather was beautiful and on Saturday we went to an end of summer BBQ which was a lot of fun.

My workouts on Friday were: S&S PHA and core
    Sunday workouts: Peloton Low Impact Ride and STS Disc 26 Plyo Legs. I'd forgotten how much fun this STS Plyo workout was. I am dreading the Squat Rack workout but I am going to do it.

Laurel, great workouts! I agree with about the recovery week!

The leaves on the dogwoods are already turning red and the poplars are starting to drop a few leaves here and there. Everything has been fast about this year it seems. I do prefer the warmer temps too. Our temps at night drop into the 50's too. Today did warm up into the low 80's and I think the entire week will be like that. Great weather!

Our zestimate is about 75% higher than what we paid almost three years ago. How do they come up with these over inflated numbers? If we sold our house today we couldn't find another one to buy.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited September 2021
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry that I was not on on Friday, I was busy getting things ordered for emergencies. I actually had a rest day on Friday, so really didn't have a workout to report. On Saturday I did 30MTF Cardio Sculpt Overload, the whole workout. Felt great. Sunday was another day off, should probably have done some stretching. Instead I did some cleaning. DH got the sewing machine, that I got from my friend, wired up with brand new wiring. Runs great, and now I need to see how it actually sews. He got that done fairly late yesterday, so didn't have a chance. This mornings workout was RAW Lift It. I have done this workout before, and I made a valiant effort to lift 20 lbs for my shoulders. I did manage to get through one round of 10 reps, and then I had to go down to 15's.

Here is my tractor, turned out great with leftover scraps. And yes the ground has wolf faces.
    8ux06pqwgmpm.jpg

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts! Enjoy your Meso 3 workouts, I'm sure that this recovery time has been fun to visit some different type of workouts. I can say that both DH and I are really tired of the cold weather, so we are wanting to go someplace besides WI. We are preparing everyone for us not being around, but I still have a few more years to work yet. The leaves are starting to turn around here, and of course we just went to the garden center and purchased some mums. So I guess that fall is in the air, but it really hasn't felt like it because the weather hasn't been all that cold. Today is probably the only day that it has felt like fall, since it is cold and rainy. DH would love to be close to a race track. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! Very nice that you where able to attend the end of summer BBQ. Seems that our leaves are late in turning. They just started to make the fall colors around last week, but you can see more this week. Of course our walnut trees are still dropping fruit, and I'm hoping that it isn't to bad once the leaves fall since we had so much wind this summer. If we do end up in the south, which is looking like a possibility, we will have to get together. We are heading to TN next summer again. Our car club is having their show there again, but we will be closer to Bristol.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice with almost perfect weather. We took advantage of that by playing 27 holes of golf on Saturday. Yesterday was spent on household and yard chores, but we did manage to take a nice walk. For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Fat Burning Walk from her Walk Strong series, followed by 45 minutes of power yoga. Yesterday was F/S Legs and Glutes and Core followed by a 40 minute spin. And today was STS Meso 3 Disc 25/Chest and Back followed by Cathe Live Cardio Challenge Express. I was surprised how strong I felt on that Meso 3 workout! It felt great.

Thelma, great workouts. I think I am going to alternate between the Squat Rack Legs and Plyo Legs each week. So this week I will do Squat Rack and next week the Plyo. I feel I actually get better results from the Squat Rack workouts, but the boredom nearly does me in. B) So we’ll see how this goes, and I may quickly decide to do something else. :D I don’t get what is going on with housing prices to be honest. I know I wouldn’t pay the Zestimate for our house, and I can’t imagine the market supports it either. But, thankfully, we don’t have to try to figure it out.

Laurie, great workouts! And I love the tractor….with the wolf faces. :D So very creative. I don’t blame you for a minute wanting to get away from your long winters. The nice thing about where Thelma is at and where I am at is that we get a feel of winter without having winter. So, unlike Southern California or Florida, where everything is the same year round, our trees change, the weather gets chilly….but no ice or snow. It’s wonderful to still have cozy winter nights but not have to shovel anything. Anyhow, that area around Bristol, Tennessee is nice. We spent a weekend up in Johnson City which isn’t too far away and really enjoyed it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Low Impact Ride, and
    STS Meso 3, Disc 25 Chest, Back, stretching. My body is feeling the Plyo Legs workout as well as disc 25!

We had a beautiful, warm and sunny day today. I think these are more normal temps.

Laurie, great workouts! I'm so glad your DH rewired your new sewing machine and that it runs great! I LOVE the tractor! Good job!

I'm sure in a couple of weeks your fall colors will be beautiful. Too bad you're having to deal with those walnuts! How exciting that you're considering the south as your retirement place! We'll definitely have to get together next year if you visit TN!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and perfect weather for golf! Great workouts!

I am going to do the Plyo and Squat Rack workouts every week. At least the Plyo one is fun.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Hi/Lo Cardio 2, tough but good.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! Nice that you had such great results from Meso 2 to help with the strength for Meso 3!! 27 holes of golf! WOW I have no idea why I pulled the fabric with wolves on it, I just want to use up the fabric. Maybe my Dad will get a chuckle out of it also. I think that is why we are looking at states like TN, we will still get that feeling of seasons changing. DH wants to use his convertible more also. He only gets about 4 months out of the year around here.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts, good thing that you have a break from using legs for a bit. Our weekend is suppose to be in the 80's, but I'm planning on going up to visit my mom. They should have cooler temps up there. After work I actually was able to sew with the machine, and it has a beautiful stitch. I will have to send my friend a video of it sewing. I'm sure that she will be happy that it is running again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin, 5 minute core workout and 30 minutes of yoga flow. I also went for a nice walk since it is a very nice day, though slightly more humid than the last few days. But we may get some moisture from that hurricane in Texas, so higher humidity was bound to come in.

Thelma, great workouts. I love that you are planning on doing both leg workouts each week throughout this Mesocycle. I just can’t commit to the Plyo workouts because the step and my plantar fasciitis don’t get along. Some days it would be fine, but others…… :o . But we’ll see how it goes when I try my first one. You may inspire me to up my game!!

Laurie, great workout. I am glad to hear you were able to try out the ‘new’ sewing machine. No doubt your friend will love to see what you have done with it and that you put it to use. I would say convertible season here would be, safely, April-October (minus bugs and rain). But there are plenty of days from late October-late March where the temps are in the 70s and that top could come down. So I think your DH would love the south. :) Of course, further north in Tennessee will be cooler (especially depending on the elevation), but not Wisconsin cold by a wide margin.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Pickleball and Restorative Healing yoga and a quick core workout.

Laurie, great workout!

We have two leg workouts this week on our rotation. STS Plyo Legs and Squat Rack!
    Laurel is right about the weather in the areas we live in. DH always says we get four seasons minus the snow.
    How nice that you'll visit your mom this weekend! How is your dad doing?
    I am glad you love your new sewing machine. I think your friend will love seeing a video of the sewing machine working again.

Laurel, great workouts! We actually had cooler temps today. We're about to get some moisture too. I didn't even know there was a hurricane in TX!

I understand your fear of doing Plyo Legs twice a week. Maybe you should do burn Sets or Perfect 30 Legs per your recommendation. I do worry about not being able to go heavy with the Squat Rack workout. The last time I did that workout I put my stack of risers and the small step below the rack so I could sit on the step in order to be able to lift the barbell over my shoulders. I hope it works this time too!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Burnout Upper Body. Feeling toasty right now, I started out heavy then went down in weight for each exercise.

Yesterday I transferred my desk (I didn't move the desk) to our new office space. Funny that I'm right back to the area that I started in when I first got here. We had glass block windows in our previous office, and now I'm looking out the windows and seeing trees.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Cool that you where able to get in a walk, and I hope that the humidity isn't to bad from the hurricane. Our club has a facebook page, and during our winter the southern states have car shows. It all seems so nice, and I'm sure that DH will be really happy to be out with his car. One thing we know is that we are not going to be in higher elevation, that was something that we decided on. It is fun to just look on Zillow to see what is available. Of course now we get to see inside the houses, and that can be very interesting. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! Glad to know that you will be torturing your legs at least twice a week. :D I have legs on tap again for Friday. I hope that I don't stiffen up to much as I'm driving up north. I think that DH will be glad to not haul our snowblower with us. :D He doesn't mind mowing the lawn, but hates blowing the snow. This weekend my Mom is in charge of the Antique Tractor show, so I will be helping her with that. My sister and BIL will be there also. My Dad is doing okay, they are in a slight quarantine right now. I don't know how you can be in a slight quarantine, but that is what my Mom said yesterday when I talked to her. :|

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs, the core work from Cardio and Weights and, for cardio, Shock Cardio HiiT 40/20. I am still working my way through the Shock Cardio videos this rotation with only a couple more to go. I enjoyed the 40/20 workout today, even though I kept the step much lower than in the past (6” today).

Thelma, great workouts. I bet the Pickleball was good fun. Actually, I am not sure I can handle the Plyo workouts once a week which is why I didn’t do it on Sunday. But I did the 40/20 HiiT workout today to see how my foot handles the jumping on and off the step, and that will determine whether I do them every week or every other week. I took my kindle to my workout room and read during the long breaks in the Squat Rack Leg routine (while I wandered around), and it is amazing how much more I enjoy those workouts when I can occupy my mind during the breaks. I was able to go pretty heavy, but I use dumbbells for the squats and static lunges. I remember you had devised a system for being able to get your barbell on your back. I hope that works for you this time too!

Laurie, great workout. I, too, hope you don’t get too sore on your drive up north. Sounds like it could be a fun weekend at the Antique Tractor Show. I am sure your mom appreciates you and your sister being there. I am sorry to hear your dad is under semi-quarantine though. Is he is the same nursing home still? I hope you enjoy the new-again office space. Windows, for me, make all the difference in the world.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Gina B Hiit Walk and STS Disc 37 Squat Rack Legs. OMG this squat rack workout felt soooo long! I went to my shooting practice today and by the time we were done my hip bones were killing me. I could just feel the tightness there! I was worried about doing the squat rack workout because of that.
    I made the mistake of using my workout bench instead of the riser stack I had used before so the first set of squats didn't go smoothly. I also made the mistake of using the EZ bar instead of the straight bar so my shoulder pad kept falling off. I made all kinds of bad workout decisions today! I was tired!

The rain started in the afternoon and it looks like the rest of the week will be rainy too.

We are playing pickleball tomorrow so that should be fun.

Laurie, great workout! How nice that you moved to a new office space and now you have a tree view! Funny how you're back at the same space you started at! That actually happened to me at work too!

I hope your legs won't get to stiff on the drive up north! I bet your mom is going to appreciate all the help at the Antique Tractor Show! Sounds like fun! I am sure your DH will be very happy about not having to haul your snow blower with you too!
    Slight quarantine? Good question on how that works!

Laurel, great workouts!! You killed it today! I'm proud of you for keeping the step lower than usual.
    I will definitely continue with the plyo and squat rack every week. I really hated the squat rack workout today but part of it was me making the wrong equipment choices. Good idea to read while waiting for the next exercise set! I'd forgotten how long those rest periods were! I stretched and walked around.
    Congrats on going pretty heavy with the squat rack workout! I was being careful today and felt very tired so I couldn't go as heavy as I would've liked. I also used dumbbells for the static lunges. the first squats felt like 8 sets! I swear I counted 8 sets!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings workout was RAW Heavy Bag 3. After the upper body workout yesterday, and then this mornings boxing I think that I'm good for upper body this week. :D May not be talking tomorrow, since I'm planning on getting on the road by 7am. Tomorrow I'm planning on RAW Burnout Lower Body. I'm also going to stop at a fabric place on my way up north. They are having a grand opening of their new facility.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! Of course my favorite of the Hiit workouts is still the double wave, and then 40/20 is probably 2nd on my list. Good idea to put the step at 6". I'm planning on taking some pictures, will give me ideas on what colors to make other tractor blocks. I know red, blue, gray and green. I'm sure there are others that I have never seen before. It's almost like going to the car shows. :D Yes my dad is still in the same nursing home, there are not a lot of options for him. I don't think that they could handle my dad at the nursing home in my hometown, he needs a guy to help him get from his bed to the wheel chair or into the recliner that is in his room.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Nice that you where able to get out for shooting practice. Enjoy your pickleball. Funny how we both ended up in the same place we started in at work. I hope that we are not moving again until I'm retired. I will be asking my mom what a slight quarantine is when I pick her up on Friday.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I started today’s workout with a 45 minute Power Zone Endurance Ride from Peloton. This is only my second try with this type of ride and while I enjoyed it better than my first attempt (some two years ago now), my legs felt like lead throughout. So I followed it with a very pleasant 20 minute Recovery Ride, a 10 minute lower body stretch and then 20 minutes of core-focused yoga. My legs are still tired, but they don’t feel like they weigh a ton anymore. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Wow, I am amazed you attempted the Squat Rack Legs after shooting. I really have to gear myself up mentally for those workouts. I used to get so bored with them, I would wander off and start doing household chores during the ‘breaks’, which, no doubt, is not what Cathe intended. So that is why I take my book in. I can stretch and walk around….and occupy my mind so I don’t just wander off. But they will never be my favorite workouts. The upside, though, is they do give me some of my best results for my legs. My foot seemed to handle that step workout yesterday okay so next week I will try to do the Plyo workout and Squat Rack workout. Hope you enjoyed the Pickleball!

Laurie, great workouts. Sounds like your entire body has been well worked this week! I hope your trip goes well tomorrow and the tractor show gives you some ideas for quilting. I hope your mom feels better about your dad’s nursing home than she did before since it sounds like he needs to be there. And I hope she can give you an idea of what a ‘slight’ quarantine really is. Safe travels.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B 60's Power Walk, Pickleball and
    Perfect 30 - Perfect Flow: Mobility Basics. I hope Cathe does more mobility workouts. This felt soooo good today. My lower back is still hurting. I will take Aleve tomorrow if I'm not better.

The rain we were expecting was nothing but a passing shower but it looks like next week will be a rainy one.

Laurie, great workout! I think you covered the upper body nicely this week!
    How lucky for you that the new fabric store will have a grand opening sale this weekend!

Do you know if your dad is getting physical therapy now? I'm sorry your hometown's facility doesn't have the staff to handle your dad.

Hopefully you won't have to move to another office space before your retirement. I am curious to know what a slight quarantine is too!

Laurel, great workouts! I should start trying the short endurance workouts!
    I ordered two pairs of cycling shoes to see how it feels to ride clipped on. To my surprise the first pair that came fit me! WHAT! The shoes fit my wide feet?! They are a little long but the width is perfect. I'll have DH help me with the pedals tomorrow and to see if I can clip/unclip myself! LOL. I'll probably leave the shoes clipped on! LOL

I didn't want to do the Squat Rack workout at all. I was super tired and my hips hurt but I decided to push through after procrastinating for 3 hours!
    I can't lift heavy enough to only be able to do 8 reps. I really don't need that long of a break. I will use the right equipment and setup next week though.
    I am so glad your foot was able to handle the 6" step. It's safer to use the lower step. I've never been able to do the jump ups so it's isn't a problem for me.
    Pickleball was fun.

I am considering subscribing to OpenFit.com. it's a digital workout subscription site and they have nutrition too and live classes.
    If you skip the free trial you pay $96 per year. They have a class called Xtend Barre. This class is exactly like the Barre class I used to take at the yoga studio so I'm sure our instructor got her routines from Xtend Barre. This class is so much fun and can be a killer too.
    Openfit was founded by the CEO of Beachbody. I was concerned about the negative reviews on their customer service because they couldn't figure out how to cancel their membership. I just searched for reviews and someone documented how to cancel the membership. No need to call customer service. Just log in, select Me, select Subscriptions, Manage auto renew and select Turn Auto-Renew off.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 26/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by 5 minutes of Peloton Abs and then Cathe Live Boxing HiiT Express. I have been pleasantly surprised how strong I have felt this week with Meso 3.

Thelma, great workouts! Please let me know how those clip shoes work for you!!! I have been thinking about trying the same thing. Honestly, I have also been toying with actually just getting a Peloton, but I always stop when I think about the monthly fee. But I wonder if wearing proper biking shoes would make me feel more in line with what the Peloton instructors are saying and the speed they are going. Anyhow, please let me know if you feel a difference and whether it is good or bad!

OpenFit.com sounds really good. Even though I only did them for a few months, I miss Erin’s barre classes. I just haven’t found anything I quite like as well as her approach to barre. So let me know what you think. I am hesitant to get another workout subscription, but less than $10 a month isn’t bad at all.

Our weather the last couple of days has been cloudy, murky and humid…..and no rain. It looks like it will be like this all weekend, but maybe with some rain. If it is going to be gloomy, I would prefer it to rain! Enjoy your weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited September 2021
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and busy with house projects. We had muggy, cloudy and rainy weather. According to my weather app the rain will continue through Wednesday.

My workout on Friday was STS Meso, Disc 27 Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Stretch.
    Sunday's workouts: Peloton Pop Ride and STS Meso 3, Disc 26 Plyo Legs, Stretching, Massage.
    I was spent after the Peloton ride and had to take a 15 minute break before I started the Plyo workout; which felt brutal after the bike ride.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I felt strong last week too.

I haven't joined open fit yet but I did try one of the cycling pairs of shoes I ordered and WOW! What a difference they made. I had never been able to push myself as hard as I did today cadence wise. I was a sweaty mess! I chose the perfect Cody Pop Ride.
    I was able to hit a cadence of 100 which I've never gotten close too at all unless I have a resistance of 22! This time my resistance was set to 34.
    The ride was an interval class where he kept us increasing speed and interval duration.
    It was mostly 15, 20, 35 seconds high speed increments and 20 seconds down to a 70 cadence. We only got off the saddle once but even that felt effortless with the cycling shoes.

You have to make sure you buy shoes with the right cleats for your bike's pedals. The shoes I bought came with two types of cleats. DH installed the cleats on the shoes for me but used the ones that came with my bike. I could not clip on to save my life! DH had to guide my feet while he watched the show/cleat position from the floor. They are kind of dangerous to walk on so I would recommend having a little area rug next to the bike to put your shoes on and take them off. Since I am the only one who uses the bike I left the shoes clipped on! LOL

Sadly the Schwinn IC4 vs Peloton review I watched almost a year ago doesn't exist anymore on YouTube. Two things the video said is that the Schwinn IC4 was exactly the same as a Nordic Track and that the Schwinn IC4 was the closest bike on the market to a Peloton bike.
    I did find this one which is pretty technical like the video I watched was. I was going to get a Peloton until I discovered that the tablet is proprietary. A dumb computer as far as I'm concerned because it only works with the Peloton app and nothing else. The day you decide you've had enough with the Peloton tablet up you're stuck with a dead tablet. My suggestion is to do a lot of research.

https://girlbikelove.com/comparisons/schwinn-ic4-vs-peloton#:~:text=The Schwinn IC4 has a heavier flywheel than,both bikes use the traditional belt drive system.

This is the pair of shoes I've been test riding:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RJHBG2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the other pair I've yet to try
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079QMWTDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great weekend, and the weather cooperated. Talk about perfect weather. They had around 120 tractors, so it was a good showing. I helped my mom with the registration, so we where kept busy. This show was in the middle of a field, so we where dodging dried up cow pies. :D Glad that they where dry. I was able to get in my leg workout. The quilt shop is very impressive, and just off the highway so very convenient. The owner of the shop is a Moda Fabric designer, and her quilts are beautiful. DH asked if this is going to be a stop that we will need to make when we go up north? Of course it is.

This morning's workout was RAW Day 1 Strength Back and Biceps.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and very nice about your strength. My Dad is not wanting to be at the nursing home, he thinks that he should be home. Of course he can't, since he isn't able to get himself around. We would have to hire someone to be at their home all the time, and that just isn't something that we can afford. The slight quarantine was because his ward of the nursing home was open, but another ward was closed. We didn't have a chance to visit with Dad because it got to late, but my Mom is going up today to visit with him.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! I spent a bit of dollars at the store, but I actually purchased something that I will make for our house. I will be going up there again, because it was just a beautiful shop. My Dad is not receiving PT. He was denied it because of his last sickness, so he is only getting some pt and speech therapy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very, very rainy. We had planned some outside chores and were able to get a few of them done on Saturday. But the bulk of my weekend was spent deep cleaning the house while DH worked at hard wiring our TVs to the internet. We are thinking of going to streaming TV completely, and this will eliminate any issues with the wireless. So at least it was a productive weekend despite the unpleasant weather.

For workouts, on Saturday I did LITE Cardio Party followed by 45 minutes of Power Yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 25/Plyo Legs followed by a 30 minute Peloton spin. Today was STS Disc 24/Chest and Back followed by Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT and Core. I am feeling that leg workout from yesterday for sure.

Thelma, great workouts! I toyed with doing my spin before my leg workout yesterday and thought it would be too hard! So good for you in pushing through. Wow on the review for the new shoes!! I am definitely going to look into them because my current spin shoes are beginning to get a little worn. Boy, I would love to make that kind of improvement in my spins by just changing shoes. It is the long term commitment to Peloton that keeps me from wanting a Peloton. The monthly subscription, the dedicated tablet, etc. My bike is still doing well, but I wish I had a way to more accurately gauge resistance and output. But, then again, I am not training for a competition, so….maybe I don’t. :)

Laurie, great workout. I am so glad your weekend went well and the weather cooperated….especially since you were in the middle of a field! I am also glad you enjoyed the quilt shop. No doubt it will become a routine shop because why wouldn’t it? :D I suppose the ‘slight quarantine’ makes sense, but I am sorry your Dad isn’t happy being there and that he isn’t quite getting all his services either. But home health care is just not reasonable for most everybody. Such a tough time.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I was very tired today so I changed my workouts because I just didn't have the energy to do a STS workout. So I did a Low Impact Endurance Peloton ride and a Peloton Yoga Flow with Kristin McGee.
    Today was our 18th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it! We never do anything special for anniversaries or birthdays so we ate dinner at home.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a great weekend, perfect weather and found a great quilt shop! I'm sure your mom appreciated the help and company. OMG with the cow pies! Your DH is funny! What a silly question to ask about the quilt shop! LOL

Great workouts!

You must've been like a kid in a candy store at the quilt shop! You'll have to take your mom there some day! I'm sorry your dad isn't getting physical/speech therapies and isn't happy at the nursing facility. It must be so hard for all of you.

Laurel, great workouts! I hear you with the rainy weather! It's still raining here!
    We got rid of dish TV (our only choice here) and switched to YouTube TV. Best move ever AND we're saving about $200 a month!

It was insane of me to do a Peloton ride before the Plyo workout but wanted to report back to you on the cycling shoe experience.
    I think your spin experience will improve tremendously being clipped to the pedals.
    The Peloton tablet app does offer a lot of stats which make for great motivational tools. Maybe you should get the shoes first to try with your bikes, then decide if you want a Peloton for Christmas! :)

The endurance ride I did today felt hard and I couldn't get beyond 80 RPM and my resistance was between 30 and 34. I was tired and the endurance intervals were long for my level of experience. I still did better than I would've with my sneakers though.

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My morning workout was RAW Day 2 Strength: Chest and Triceps, another great workout if you go heavy. I think that I can take it up a notch the next time I do this one.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! I'm slowly doing the deep clean in our house, one room at a time. I also want to get rid of a bunch of clothing, it's a good time to do that with the summer ending. I think that we spend most of our tv time watching streaming. Between our daughters and us we have things covered, and it is nice to share the services. Makes it much less expensive than cable. Nascar has to have it's own streaming service, so that would be the end of cable for us. :D

Thelma, Happy Anniversary! Good job subbing the workouts to what your body was needing. I think that I also laughed at DH when he asked if the quilt shop was going to be a normal stopping point. Of course he enjoys making me laugh also. I want to visit my Mom more this winter if I can, the roads are a huge factor in doing so. I know that she doesn't enjoy being by herself. She made a bunch of doilies, so I have to come up with some ways to display them. Just another thing to add to my list of things to do. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie