• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 235.2
    CW: 230.0
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Cornanda Yayyy congrats on your whoosh!! I think it happened because I passed you last week and your competitive streak kicked into high gear. It’s on girlfriend. It’s on!! :grin: Wow, I wonder what your MIL would have bought if she hadn’t been told to go easy on the treats! :D

@trooworld It really is so hard to break habits that have been a part of us for so long. I still eat way too fast! You have to keep fighting for your health. No one can do it for us, right? I’m going to write about the new 100 Day Challenge below. I hope you will join me! :)

@Firefly743 Wow, what a great week! B)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I did an intense weight lifting program this morning that killed my upper body and arms, which was great but it was very hard washing my hair. :D Today is football for hubby so he is glued to his TV while I work on my little projects.

You might have seen that I mentioned to @trooworld that I’m going to start a new 100 Day Challenge that will run from Sept. 23rd to Dec. 31st. I would like this to be primarily a weight loss challenge because that is why most of us are here, right? All the healthy habits that we strive for are so that we can get control over our weight and live a healthy and fit life. So, let’s use the last 100 days of this year to make some real strides towards our goals.

I found this tracker sheet that I plan to use. You can print it out or makeup something you like for your own use. 100 Day Challenge Tracker

The rules will be:
    1. Write out the goal you want to achieve and put it where you can read it EVERY DAY!
    2. Choose the Action Steps that will get you to your goal.
    3. Commit to accountability by checking in with the group daily or as often as you can.

We start this Thursday, 9/23. I know that there will be vacations, holidays, and other events that might set us back a day or so, but that is OK because it’s for 100 days!! Are you with me! :grin:

• bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 135 lbs
    CW: 135 lbs
    LTD: 6 lbs
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Sorry my check in is late. I feel like I am perpetually behind on everything right now.

@TeresaW1020 I tried to look at the challenge tracker, but it would not open.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Quick pop in. Hubby home this weekend. So really haven’t done anything exercise wise. And eating hasn’t been as good as it should. But will get back on track tomorrow. Doing a bunch of yard prep work today so that will be my workout for today.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0oaLo6UCy_LEw6iBTxtLfJ24mNck8LbEpQ&usqp=CAU

dcu3cosz1fa8.png

mk4ojiso98qe.png

TEAM RESULTS
    By Percent
    iu4himqjnwfw.png
    By Pounds
    kgm7fjn16hkz.png

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
    By Percent
    2zcx3myhgbcp.png
    By Pounds
    m67nnhmxj7wy.png
    lrbfxybekmek.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)
    11gzns2fawg3.png
  • mcmart11
    mcmart11 Posts: 13 Member
    Username: mcmart11
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 192.6lbs
    CW: 192.4 lbs
    LTD: 4 lbs
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 268
    C. W. 272

I have to admit it's a bit aggravating. It did solidify that I am an emotional eater. Everyday at work is a stresser. I plan in the mornings to go exercise after work. Instead I buy a large bag of chips and go eat it all. Smh
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Way to go team on our collective loss👍👍👍
  • leayjw
    leayjw Posts: 8 Member
    leayjw
    weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 120
    CW: 122
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Firefly743 @mcmart11 @digger61 Nice weigh-ins!

@TeresaW1020 It really is. And yes, I do have to keep fighting for my health! No, unfortunately, nobody but us can do it. That's when you know you've had a great workout, when it's hard to wash your hair lol! There was an error when I clicked on opening the 100 Day Challenge Tracker. Is the challenge weight-loss based? I don't do well with those types of challenges, it makes me go up instead of down so I'm not sure I will join you...I will think about it.

@renaegry @Firefly743 @Cornanda Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard, well done!

@19shmoo69 I know that feeling. I sabotage myself a lot. All we can do is keep trying to work on our behaviors.

Hi all. I had a relaxing day yesterday. We took the dog for a walk in the morning and then I just kind of putzed around the rest of the day. We ended up eating pizza for dinner but thanks to portion control, I still ended up with a calorie deficit.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 187.2
    CW: 184.8
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Hi all. I've barely checked in all summer and haven't kept up with reading posts so I've got some catching up to do.

I was looking at the calendar and there are only 103 days left of the year and I don't want to waste it like I did the last 4 months. I liked the 100 day challenge that @TeresaW1020 posted last year so im planning to do it again. I'm starting today to give myself some wiggle room; 100 workouts and 100 sugar free days before the end of the year.

I'm looking forward to catching up on posts to see what everyone's been up to. Bye for now
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Congratulations to us for being at the top of the leaderboard this week!! Especially to @renaegry, @Firefly743, and @Cornanda!! Let’s do it again this week! B)

@19shmoo69 Emotional eating can be very hard to overcome. There are some really good support groups out in the world that you might benefit from joining. <3

@digger61 Wow on the nice loss this week! I hope that it’s not from poor health issues? :)

@trooworld OK, looking back over what I wrote about the 100-day challenge, I did make it seem more like a weight-based challenge and that isn’t what it should be. We are all different in our approaches, so it needs to be more flexible. For you, concentrating on making healthier choices seems to be a real focus so maybe using the challenge will help you to stay mindful and motivated. I posted a link below for the tracker I’m using. :)

@bgame4 I have posted another link to the actual site that has the tracker I’m using. See below. ;)

@Jactop Great loss this week! B) And yes, I remember you doing the 100-day challenge with me last year and you did incredible with it! I love the 100 workouts and 100 sugar-free days! Very ambitious but you can do it. I’m also starting today as well.

Hi Team! It’s a rainy day here but I still went and did my grocery shopping and plan to make good choices for the week. Tonight I’m making my hubby and mom baked ziti and I decided to make myself some ziti too but instead of pasta, I will use cauliflower. I LOVE cauliflower and imagine mine is going to taste way better than theirs. :grin:

100 Day Challenge to Better Health! Starts Thursday, Sept 23 to December

The rules are:
    1. Decide what you want out of this 100-day challenge and let us know. Write it out so you can read it every day!
    2. Choose what action steps you will commit to for the next 100 days.
    3. Stay accountable by checking in as often as you can with us. If you stumble that is ok! Just get back up and keep going.

Here a link to the tracker that I printed out and plan to use. I will write my weight in the little squares every day but you can do what you want. Buy some gold stars and give yourself one for each day you do your action steps! :smiley:
    100 Day Challenge Tracker
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    Jwhitegarcia
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Previous weight 150
    Current weight: 149

Sorry I'm late! We were on vacation.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @TeresaW1020 – I like the change you made to the 100 day challenge. I need to focus on changing some habits, so I’ll have to put my thinking cap on…action steps are tricky for me.

@Katmary71 – I’m sure you did fine with sharing yourself with the holistic group. Just think of the people that may be silently suffering and you will be that boost they need to help themselves.

@trooworld – I think any time you actually make small habit changes, it should be celebrated! Even putting your fork down half the time is twice as much as it used to be!

@19shmoo69 – I think most of us are emotional eaters…that’s why we’re on MFP. Is there anything you can do while you’re at work to de-stress? Sometimes for me, it’s as simple as getting up from my desk and taking a quick walk around.

Congrats to everyone on the awesome losses! And DANG @digger61 !!! That’s a crazy loss!

So far, things are going good for the start of this new week. I talked with my daughter last week about her out of control spending on junk foods/snacks and how it affects me to see everything strewn about the living room and kitchen. She’s been quite helpful (shocking) and keeping the snacks to a minimum and most of them in her room. She’s been cleared by the doctor to go back to work (3rd ACL surgery) so now we’ll see if she keeps it to a minimum (she works at a grocery store).

I’m going to get busy thinking about the 100 day challenge…Thursday will be here before I know it!

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    I like that 100 day challenge idea so I’m going to to do it! That I’m itself is big because I tend to think of my getting healthy in a one day at a time attitude because I am so sick of failure when it comes to my weight that it seemed easier to stick to a day at a time. I do think I can commit to things that are doable though.
    1. I want become a healthier version of myself by making baby steps in my life that will lead to me being able to stand up to stressors without falling back on my safety blanket which is food.
    2. I am now on a cholesterol pill to bring it down so for the next 100 days I will drink 3L of water a day (which by the way is hard cuz I don’t like water). Do at least 5000 steps a day ( again let’s just say I hate exercise lol) and lastly I want to pick one recipe per week that is heart healthy that will aid in me getting off these pills someday.

I know it doesn’t sound like much to some people but these are huge in my life. I believe with my husbands help and you guys I can do this so that it will become a norm for me and I can then pick others things to change.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    @TeresaW1020 – I like the change you made to the 100 day challenge. I need to focus on changing some habits, so I’ll have to put my thinking cap on…action steps are tricky for me.

@Katmary71 – I’m sure you did fine with sharing yourself with the holistic group. Just think of the people that may be silently suffering and you will be that boost they need to help themselves.

@trooworld – I think any time you actually make small habit changes, it should be celebrated! Even putting your fork down half the time is twice as much as it used to be!

@19shmoo69 – I think most of us are emotional eaters…that’s why we’re on MFP. Is there anything you can do while you’re at work to de-stress? Sometimes for me, it’s as simple as getting up from my desk and taking a quick walk around.

Congrats to everyone on the awesome losses! And DANG @digger61 !!! That’s a crazy loss!

So far, things are going good for the start of this new week. I talked with my daughter last week about her out of control spending on junk foods/snacks and how it affects me to see everything strewn about the living room and kitchen. She’s been quite helpful (shocking) and keeping the snacks to a minimum and most of them in her room. She’s been cleared by the doctor to go back to work (3rd ACL surgery) so now we’ll see if she keeps it to a minimum (she works at a grocery store).

I’m going to get busy thinking about the 100 day challenge…Thursday will be here before I know it!

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE

I wish there was a way to destress. My employer has issued a vaccine mandate. I do not agree with forcing it for employment. The stresser is all day long I get asked what's my plan, when am I getting the shot, you should just get it, etc.... All day long.
This discussion has been closed.