What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AussieAdam21
    AussieAdam21 Posts: 84 Member
    Chest and tricep workout followed by a 30 mins walk with the dogs
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @wunderkindking - Cool picture. That SUP was at capacity!
    @AnnPT77 - I'll bet moving the barge was a lot of work, and I'm guessing the lighting might not have met Coast Guard regulations. Looks like fun though!
  • Djproulx
    Last swim before leaving for Chattanooga on Wednesday. Swim was a race simulation practice. 10 minute easy
    swim to warm up, then a pre-main set:
    30 strokes smooth/30 strong, then 30/25, 30/20; 30/15; 30/10; 30/5;

Main set was 3 x 8 minute rounds with 2 minute recovery:
    100 strokes strong, 25 smooth; repeat sequence for 8 minutes

Finished with 2200 yds total. Felt fairly comfortable.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Weekend workout was to pull the carpet and put laminate flooring down in the last room in the house. I can finally mark that project as complete - across the summer, I replaced all the flooring in the house that was not tile approximately 1300 square ft of flooring replaced in total.

Morning ride today was 18.21 miles @ 13.3 mph avg (82 minutes total ride).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Around 7k rowing bow in the quad this morning, then a very slow (3.0mph moving average!) 5.3 mile walk.

Between last night's hearty sweep rowing stressing some lesser-used muscles around my hips (because of the twisting load), and the cumulative effect of rowing hard last night and moderately hard this morning, my knees specifically and legs generally were giving me a little back-chat on the walk. Honestly, I probably would've bailed at the halfway point, but I was (of course) around 2.5 miles from my car, since the walk is an out-and-back.

I'm supposed to supervise open rowing tonight, which will take me probably a few more thousand steps above my current 15k+ step count for the day, but not involve any actual workouts, beyond carrying light boats anyway. Weather forecast's still borderline, we'll see whether conditions allow rowing tonight, or not.

I forgot and left my chest belt on for the walk today. For some reason, it's been registering high heart rate near the end of walks (which is way out of whack with RPE or any other subjective feelz, and what pulse I can manually detect). (Yes, I replaced the battery.) Doesn't seem to happen if just the wrist monitor. Oddly, the rowing numbers usually look sensible with the chest belt, stupid without it. Go figure.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a 30 minute row, then 25 on the LateralX. Might have finally figured out what's going on with the Tickr Fit. It doesn't work if you connect it to the Bluetooth on the rower for some reason, though it's BT and ANT+ both. My old one had no issues. This one does. As soon as I disconnect from the rower, it picks up fine.
  • Djproulx
    @AnnPT77 - "My tongue in cheek" comment should have been noted with a ;) That said, it looks very cool with the glowsticks, etc. As a recovering waterfowl hunter, I've done my share of predawn and post sunset boating. Around here (northeast US) I think the rules apply to power boats only, but I've not checked for larger unpowered craft such as your barge.

With that said, your photo demonstrates a key trait among the chronically fit. That is you make the activities fun, and find friends to do them with you! Thanks for sharing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 - "My tongue in cheek" comment should have been noted with a ;) That said, it looks very cool with the glowsticks, etc. As a recovering waterfowl hunter, I've done my share of predawn and post sunset boating. Around here (northeast US) I think the rules apply to power boats only, but I've not checked for larger unpowered craft such as your barge.

With that said, your photo demonstrates a key trait among the chronically fit. That is you make the activities fun, and find friends to do them with you! Thanks for sharing.

I took your comment as tongue in cheek, actually. I'm just being kind of a girl scout (or jerk 😉) about boat lighting - I think it's actually kind of important to do the right things (or as close as practical) for safety reasons. It gives me the heebie jeebies to see what some people do on the water, night or day. I'm constantly nagging our newer rowers about wearing bright colors in daytime, which has nothing to do with regs, but a lot to do with practical safety. Seeing ski boats out without a spotter (speaking of not following regs) and things like that, I think a human-powered small boat needs to stay as aggressively visible as possible.

If your hunting is from something like a canoe or fixed seat rowable/poleable boat, not motorized, I think it's probable that you're OK if you have a flashlight or lantern to show when other boats approach. If the boat's over 23 feet, it gets a little weird technically, maybe, but most canoes or fixed-seat rowboats are pretty small. (Rules can vary by state; that would be USCG rules as I understand them.)

And yeah, I'm kind of ranting about how dumb some of the regs are, if taken literally, for human powered craft. 🙄
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    On today's menu: a 7.43km hike in 2h08min. Overall ascent 323m (1060ft).

A few steep parts where I was unsure of my footing, and we also walked (very gingerly) over a very rusty looking metal footbridge with most of the wooden floorboards rotten or missing, after first having to hoist myself onto the beginning of the bridge, which was probably around 1 meter of the ground. Definitely wouldn't have done that 65lbs ago.

Aside from that little adventure, a fairly easy hike (by Norwegian standards). My biggest frustration is my Garmin Vivoactive that is soooo slow to find a GPS signal. Seriously, hanging around for 10 minutes on a parking lot waiting for a signal is like watching paint dry 🙄
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (35 min walk) and Day 11 EPIC I (Dumbbell Quads & Abs Workout)
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    3 mile 4mph very brisk walk… 95 degrees so yeah it definitely counted.. 🥵
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went for a couple of walks yesterday, I think getting in around 20,000 steps. I replaced my smashed Fitbit yesterday, so I will start tracking accurately again as of today. (I smashed it by wearing it whilst climbing, and then took it under my drysuit wrist seal on a few dives. At the risk of anthropomorphising, it didn't seem to like the combination of a crack and salt water.)

I need to decide if to get a South Coast dive in this Saturday. The dive will be in Portland, Dorset; and I am currently in Norwich, Norfolk. It's a long trek between the two, and Sunday seems to be blown out.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    I'm sick so it may be a rest day. If I do something today it will be yoga or a walk.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    edited September 2021
    A shorter hike today because of the not so nice weather forecast: 6.16km in 1h44min, 232 meters (760 feet) total ascent. Easy path (aside from the incline, yet again 😁) and good pace most of the way, except an iffy steep descent with tree roots and mossy stones wet from recent rain, which I descended at a snail's pace.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    rest day so treadmill only (walk 35 mins)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Injured reserve for the next few days. Pulled my hip flexor playing badminton so rest, ice and stretching for the next couple of days.... Hopefully it isn't serious and heals up quickly...