Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @Cornanda Congratulations on your new low, that's awesome! LOL at your MIL's version of taking it easy, I hope she's not the type who doesn't get mad if people eat her food.

@trooworld Some people really have the gift of public speaking, I guess our gifts are elsewhere! Definitely keep fighting for your health.

@TeresaW1020 I'm down for a challenge, let's do this! I'm not clicking on that tracker until I post this!

@renaegry @Firefly743 @Cornanda rocking it gang!

@19shmoo69 What about telling yourself if you still want the bag of chips after your workout you can have it so you make it to the gym? Chances are you won't want to blow your workout and the workout will help your stress but even if you eat the chips you still did something healthy.

@Jactop @vegan4lyfe2012 Glad you're in for the challenge!

@tammymccrady6278 For water I don't care for plain water either, I make herbal teas to drink then add herbs and ginger from my garden. I also drink lemon water but the acid isn't the best for your teeth so I limit it. Right now I'm drinking peppermint and ginger tea. You could also add mint and other fruit to water, cucumbers, there's all kinds of great combinations.

Hey everyone, I survived the holistic pain group, I only had to talk briefly from my seat which wasn't a big deal, at that point I'd been nervous so long I think I burned out my nervous system. They just wanted me to say how micro current has helped plus I got to sit in on an advanced micro current class for free and took a bunch of notes of things to try. Been fighting with my insurance today which has become a full-time job. Doing good with food but now that my stomach isn't a mess I feel like I'm gaining weight again which is frustrating. Workouts are going fine. I had an appointment tomorrow that was cancelled so I'll probably go help out at the food bank farm in the morning.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Jactop Great weigh-in! I've been thinking about you wondering how you are. I'm glad you checked in today.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the clarification. I will join you in the 100-day challenge! I have yet to decide what to commit to. That's good you found a way to have baked ziti, too.

@Jwhitegarcia @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's a good point! That would be really hard for me to have those snacks laying around. My husband brings single-serving size bags of snacks home for his younger brother and he used to leave them in the kitchen on the table. I asked him to keep them in the spare room out of my sight. I was getting into them.

@tammymccrady6278 Great goals! You can do this. <3

@Katmary71 Yes for sure! And will definitely keep fighting. I'm glad you survived the group and talking to it. That must be so energy-sucking, talking to the insurance company! Have a great day.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday, I ate my snacks that I brought and stayed out of the cafe and vending machines. Now to repeat today!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I’m glad that you are up for the 100-day challenge. Make your action steps things that will challenge you but not overwhelm you. If the steps aren’t actually attainable then they won’t get you where you want to go. Yayyy on your great weight loss this week! I am glad that your daughter has agreed to keep the snacks and junk foods out of your eyesight. Make sure to praise her for your thoughtfulness! :grin:

@tammymccrady6278 I’m so glad that you will be joining in on the 100 Day Challenge! And your action steps are perfect! Don’t think of the entire 100 days if that is too much. Just start each day with an affirmation that today you will do your very best to be good to yourself, which means getting off that cholesterol pill, drinking your water, walking those steps, and relying on your husband and us to cheer and support you. :)

@19shmoo69 I’m sorry you are going through all that stress with your job. Unfortunately, that is what so many people are facing these days. But you have to ask yourself if emotional eating is making things better or worse for you. I know for me that when I emotionally eat it almost never ends with me being glad I did it. Hang in there! :)

@Katmary71 Yayyy I’m glad you are doing the challenge! I’m glad that the holistic pain group went well and hopefully you have some new ideas to try that will make a difference. :)

@trooworld Good, I didn’t want to do the challenge without you! :grin:

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I did some church computer work, cleaned house, and did laundry. I also created a new hybrid workout calendar that incorporates three Beachbody programs and my treadmill. I plan to alternate two of the BOD programs and the other one is these 10-minute enhancements from Barre Blend. I swear that woman can kill you in just 10 minutes too! :D I’m going to do my BOD workouts in the morning and then if I have energy and time, I plan to do at least a 20-minute treadmill walk. I’m hoping the extra movement will help the scale move a bit more too. I’m doing well with the sugar challenge too. So far this month I’ve had 13 days of zero added sugar. I think it’s easy because I don’t have sugar in my house. It’s when I’m out of the house that I have to be extra diligent. ;)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 :D That new workout sounds like it will be intense! Yes, it makes it easier when the sugar isn't in the house. Definitely!

Hi all. I went over my calories by a couple hundred but had a pretty good day despite that.

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Good morning all. It is a dreary rainy day today here. But I had some real productive days off. Got my pickled beets done. Finished off doing my chilli sauce made some banana bread for the family and finished cutting down my flowerbeds for the winter. I love the fall. The colours of the leaves the smells of canning. This Saturday I’m making my apple pies. I make around 10 for the freezer so that when company comes or an occasion I can just pull one out and bake it. My food hasn’t been too bad. But we did go out for supper last night and I kinda splurged with a chicken and cheese quesadilla with sour cream. I felt guilty after but damn it was so good. Lol. Anyway better get to work. Have a good one guys.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:159.8
    CW: 159.6
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well last week when i stepped on the scale and saw the huge drop I was pretty happy since I was back on track and dropped that easy weigh. But wasn’t sure how much would stay off. So I was quite excited when I stepped on today and saw a tiny drop. Specially after having my slack weekend that I did.

Not home at all from after school to evening till Monday so not sure what my eating is going to be like these next few days but hopefully I can keep it on track
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi! I"m back from vacation. It was so good to sleep in my own bed last night! First time in 20 years that hubby and I traveled without the kids and I really enjoyed it. I'm only up 1 pound today and I know that some of it is water, so perhaps weigh in will be OK this week? I just had one of my favorite lunches- riced cauliflower, peppers, onions, chicken in a bowl with salsa!

@TeresaW1020 - thinking about your cauliflower ziti..... One night we ate out and I had eggplant/spinach lasagna. According to the menu it was under 400 calories and it was a HUGE portion. Could not finish it. It was fresh spinach on the bottom, tomato sauce, breaded eggplant, tomato sauce and a thin slice of cheese on the top. So delish! Since minimal cheese and no pasta- it's gotta be easier to squeeze in the daily calorie allotment. If only my husband liked eggplant!

Just read 29 posts and now I'm off to finish unpacking and doing laundry.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Sorry been MIA have been keeping to my commitments just not posting
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/21
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: yes
    7000 steps: yes
    45 min exercise: yes
    30 min walk: yes
    Below 20g carbs: yes
    Below 20g sugar: yes
    Plank : 2 minutes 1 min hold x2

64 min isometric exercise
    54 min walk ( 1.36 walk with 🐕& mom in-law )
  • TeresaW1020
    @Cornanda I would so eat that eggplant/spinach lasagna!! I know I could get my hubby to eat it but my mom is very picky. She wouldn’t even try the roasted cauliflower last night. More for me! :grin:

Hi Team! Just a quick check-in from me. Today has been really long. My pastor’s father passed away and we drove over an hour both ways to attend the funeral, which was lovely but heartbreaking. His sweet wife looked so very sad. They had been married for 66 years! But we know where he is right now and that was reason for us all to praise. :) After the funeral, hubby and I went to lunch at Chic-Fil-A and I only had four small fries and a chicken wrap with half the dressing. We also ran some errands and went downtown to get these sizers put on my wedding rings because I’m not ready to have them permanently resized yet. OK, now I have to go get ready for church tonight. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Hi everyone, happy Hump Day and Fall!

Nothing really new here, I worked out this morning then ran errands with my ex-boyfriend. Tonight I have a podcast to watch then I just started a new book of a series I've been reading for 15 years so I'm looking forward to that. I have to pluck my eyebrows which I hate doing so I'm doing everything BUT that right now!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 67.95kg 149.8lbs
    CW: 68.10kg 150.1lbs

A bit late - sorry
  • dawnhill1266
    dawnhill1266 Posts: 9 Member
    dawnhill1266

Thursday
    PW 217
    CW 217
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131.0
    CW: 131.0
    Actually the scale was all over the place this week, mainly up 😁.

I’m in for the 100 days countdown- I did it last year too and loved it. I’m going easy with it:
    -diary in green or zero, 6 days a week : 1/1
    -no days under 10,000 steps (substitute exercise is allowed) 1/1
    My numbers are for positive days out of total days in challenge.

@TeresaW1020 - your rings are falling off and need spacers? Excellent 😃!!! 👏👏
  • trooworld
    @tammymccrady6278 Sounds like you cook a lot, do you like to cook? I love to cook and cook a lot. I love the fall too, it's my favorite season.

@renaegry Congrats on the unexpected drop!

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a good time.

@murdog3t Well done!

@TeresaW1020 What? Your mom wouldn't try the cauliflower? That's too bad. But more for you, as you said! :D That's a long time to be married, that must be hard on your pastor's mom. That's a great NSV to have to get sizers.

@Katmary71 What book are you starting? I hope you enjoy it.

Hello all. Fall is my favorite time of year but it's too hot right now, September is the hottest month of the year for us in southern California. It doesn't feel fall-like. That didn't stop me from putting up my Halloween decorations and enjoying fall dinners!

For the 100 day challenge, I am going to focus on eating mindfully. I commit to the following:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites.
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough.

• TeresaW1020
    We start today!! :grin:

pu17km6hey5l.png

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    @trooworld yes I love to cook. Well mainly bake. It really relaxes me. When I’m upset about something I end up baking something lol. I was raised by my grandparents from the age of six on a farm and started baking pies (crust and all) by 9. The canning was always a special time at the farm and now it just brings back all those wonderful memories. My husband is a chef so I gave up cooking meals when we met. We make the perfect pair. Just not good for my willpower sometimes lol.

@murdog3t well done!!!
    @Cornanda glad you enjoyed yourself

Well today I believe is the start of the 100 day countdown and I’m on track to meeting my goals today. Let’s hope it stays that way. Have a good one guys and will pop in later.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Hey, everyone! I am PUMPED for the 100 Day Challenge! I am going to take it seriously and I’m going to be BOLD! Ask my family what my usual saying is and they will tell you right away (LANGUAGE ALERT) “*kitten* or get off the pot!” So that is what I’m doing! I have filled out the tracker and I’m keeping it on the front of my fridge along with one of my favorite Dr. Now memes, which is my new 2021 Mantra.

My goal: Lose 20 pounds
    Action #1: Track Daily
    Action #2: Stick to mainly whole foods
    Action #3: No eating after 8:00pm
    Action #4: Some type of body movement

I have already told Hunter what my goal and action items are and she says she’ll help out by keeping the unhealthy snacks away from me. I am ready to take control and do this! Thank you, @TeresaW1020 for leading the challenge!

a1ksb9uaqlyl.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I’m sorry to have to tell you this but this morning I woke up to the weather 15 degrees cooler. I actually had to wear a light jacket to work this morning! :p I don’t know if fall is here to stay but I sure hope so! You have a good focus to work on these next 100 days. I really need to work on slowing down my eating too.

@tammymccrady6278 Yikes having a chef for a husband and you liking to bake must make eating on plan very challenging. I hope this 100-day challenge will help keep you focused on your goals. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love that Dr. Now graphic!! :grin: You have great Action Plans and I am super excited to have you join the challenge and I can’t wait to watch you crush your goals. You can and you will do this!!

Hi Team! Today was a pretty good day. I did my church cleaning and was upset that somewhere along the way I lost one of my Apple earbuds. I looked everywhere but couldn’t find it. I’m hoping it will turn up. My eating was good and I’m excited for the 100-day challenge. I mostly plan to take it one day at a time while also keeping my eye on the goal I want to be at for the New Year. :)

100 Day Challenge -Day One
    Action Steps: Track all food and do my best to hit calorie and macro goals. Some kind of physical activity at least 6 days a week. Data Driven Fasting and reaching blood sugar trigger for at least one meal each day.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 153.8
    CW. 153.8
This discussion has been closed.