What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Today is a rest day - no bike ride this morning. Will be doing some lighter body weight stuff this afternoon.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2021
    Muscle tension intervals on the bike trainer today as part of a short endurance ride. 1:18:00 total ride time included two 10min endurance paced blocks and 8 x4 minutes at sweet spot power output and low cadence. Purpose is to simulate IM bike course.

After 3 months of base work and 24 weeks of a race build, this was my last workout before leaving for Chattanooga. Will leave tomorrow afternoon and break up the drive into two days, arriving on Thursday. Race check in/packet pickup on Friday, bike check in on Saturday, race on Sunday. IM Chattanooga is 144.6 mile event, with the slightly longer bike course generating some added mileage. Swim is a 2.4 mile downstream river swim. Bike course heads south, most of it in northern Georgia. Marathon run is a two loop course that starts with some hills, then mostly flat. Starts and ends in town by the river. Athletes must complete the full course in 16:30:00 to avoid a DNF.

Really looking forward to riding the bike segment of the race, since it is done over rolling hills in a beautiful setting
    hnhlcc60fy8c.png

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Djproulx -- best of luck and I hope that the hip stays good throughout for you!

Did a brisk (not quite all out) 5K today on the rower. 2:14 average pace. Decided last week that I need to add more stress and see how far it gets me. I had been really taking it easy on my easy days and I'm not making much headway so we'll see how going harder (at least on the power part) of my rowing days might workout. Did another 500m X 3 after that.

Finished with 15 minutes or so on the LateralX. Gym (lifting) tonight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Pretty much decided to take a rest day today, given that the weather forecast was iffy, and based on how I was feeling physically after skipping my usual rest day on Sunday and getting some unaccustomed movement type in there besides. However, I did take a walk, a little over 3 miles at 3.5mph, while my car was in for service: Beats sitting in a poorly-ventilated waiting room, even though it was sprinkling a little outside.
  • MikePfirrman
    Wore the HRM at the gym last night. It mostly worked with the exception of one drop. Was curious to see how many calories I burn at the gym. I was there around an hour and burned 630 calories for the lift. I superset, just like at home, basically straight from one set to another with no rest. Definitely feeling the legs are getting stronger with consistent heavy weights again.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    3rd outdoor run on my trip in Norway. Up and down run again, some downhills so steep I had to slow myself down (worried about falling, loose gravel) before finding an area with less 'extreme' inclines.

Short but intense run, especially when the sun came out: 3 km in 21min. New 1km record (6.23min), undoubtedly helped by a downhill section.

I never thought I'd say this, but perhaps I might venture outside a bit more for my runs when I'm back home, seems to be good for increasing my speed 🙂
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Still IR but a lot better - should be able to get out tomorrow or maybe a walk today evening
  • sgregg215
    sgregg215 Posts: 2 Member
    30 min hit
    20 min core
    10 min stretch
    I’m ready for the day!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    About 9 miles' walk and a quick session (100 swings and 15 goblet squats) with a 24 kgs kettle bell.
  • Allaesa72
    Allaesa72 Posts: 1,197 Member
    48 minutes of Camp gladiator!💪 Wut wut!!!😁
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Pull Day: pullups, shrugs, cable rows, pulldowns, preacher curls
  • Bicepcurl
    Bicepcurl Posts: 286 Member
    Chest and triceps today! :)
  • MikePfirrman
    30 minutes on the rower and 22 or so more on the Assault Bike. Fairly easy stuff.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    upbh3vah7d9d.jpeg

Just a little short of a 7 mile jog…. Good enough 😜
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member
    p5uu1gfc4sj9.png
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Back on the bike this morning - 17.04 miles @ 13.7 mph average. Will be doing DB/body weight work later today.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Finally back out at bootcamp... going to skip badminton today and get some rest
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I aimed to go for a walk befir work, but didn't leave myself enough time. So I went for a run instead. It wasn't very far - 1 mile in 9 minutes.

I got an evening walk instead.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    edited September 2021
    No workout today, spent the day browsing second hand shops and then spent the evening with family before we start the 2 day journey back home tomorrow. Still managed to get 15k steps in today.