Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I googled Brazil nuts….3 is usually 10 grams and you should only consume 3 Brazil nuts a day!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited September 2021
    These ain't from Brazil!!!🤷🏻‍♂️

g8ryioi919xf.jpg

m3vjwgmzy9j4.jpg

And I'm on baby bar #4!!! 🤯

Make that number #7!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ω ΡΕ ΠΑΝΑΪΑ'Μ ένα ΠΑΣΤΕΛΙΙΙ!!! :o<3

Seriously, those things are excellent! They are also addictive, I'm just going out to get some after reading that post lol..it's been too long! :p
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    They look delicious, PAV! And I absolutely trust Dante's opinion too :)

Yup - only going to have 10g of Brazil nuts - maybe 5 days a week? Can't get too radioactive!!! Nor over seleniumed.
  • conniewilkins56
    Send me some, too….they look great!….

I have 3 skinless and boneless chicken breast in the slow cooker…..not sure what I am making with them yet!…John will probably have them shredded with BBQ sauce on them but I might have a fajita…..decisions decisions!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    ok I blame PAV for everything!

bJvRi9x.png
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    I blame PAV for everything too...

I always stock up on the Italian version of those pistachio bars whenever I'm in Italy - they are seriously addictive!

I'm now looking lasciviously at the pistachio gelato in my freezer...
  • PAV8888
    Hey all the blame goes to CCCGG who(se family) actually has a small summer place in Aigina with PISTACHIO TREES (not necessarily the same ones used to make the bars mind you)... and who brought me the evil things. She can be even more evil (she wasn't this time) and bring the version which adds cocoa for a chocolatey combo!

Err... these are NOT recommended for "good caloric value"; just saying!!!! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    My calorie deficit is falling apart today...fast. Ate my allotted calories by mid afternoon...(I blame not eating when I was hungry late this morning, because I had a meeting, bad idea because once I finally did eat I was unable to stop)...and now I can feel all control slipping away. Pizza on its way again. Cause I'm just too lazy now to even walk to the grocery store for some decadentish.

The only thing I'm promising is that I will log every last embarrassing bit.

Tomorrow will be a new day.
  • Tomorrow is indeed a new day. We did not have the scheduled dinner because I wasn't in shape to cook it, so people have gotten chicken patties or tenders at their own pace, and anyone who didn't get their plate back out in time for the dishwasher can wash by hand.

Tomorrow I have fajitas planned. The veggies are cut and the beef is frozen in marinade, so I'll get that out before bed and it'll be thawed by lunch. Similarly we're having Hot Italian Beef sandwiches for lunch, and the sandwich filling is frozen, all I have to do it thaw it and make sure before I go to bread we have enough ciabatta rolls out for tomorrow's lunch. Then the bag gets dumped in a large bowl and nuked to hot, ladled onto buns, top with a slice of mozzarella, and under the broiler for 3 minutes, and very tasty and satisfying. Also not much cleanup, which is nice.
  • PAV8888
    Hope you both feel better tomorrow/today.

Not sure what MY excuse was... but the pizza was decadent (added to THAT album)... even though it looks tiny, it truly WAS a 12" medium, and the kale Caesar salad was surprisingly good. Any saving from the Caesar dressing on the side... went out the window when I "played" with the hot chili oil (embarrassingly fake :lol: ... cause what the heck was I thinking!!!)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    🤤 the pistachio bars look tasty!

Back on the wagon after a crazy weekend of eating …was tasty though!

I got hungry this afternoon after my walk, so I snacked on some pistachios and a chocolate-raspberry RxBar.

Dinner was an omelette with fresh garden tomatoes, avocado, Canadian bacon, and fresh basil.

To get in the rest of my protein, I made a blackberry protein shake sweetened with a little honey.
  • conniewilkins56
    Easy dinner of burgers on bun,salad and steamed mixed veggies….
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Today for dinner I channelled my inner five-year-old self and had fish fingers, oven chips and baked beans for dinner. It was overly orange, but strangely satisfying!

In my defence, the fish fingers were posh adult ones....

I love reading posts like this and trying to translate it into something my American brain understands 😂

Fish fingers = fish sticks? Odd that we have chicken "fingers" here (aka strips or tenders) but for fish, if it's narrow and battered, it's a fish stick.

Oven chips = French fries baked in the oven?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Love that food choice Jane - and Branston are the best in baked beans!
    Ham salad sarnie, with a good dollop of Hellman’s and English mustard, for my dinner.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    edited September 2021
    Janatki wrote: »
    Branston are the best in baked beans!.
    Yep, hands down!
    Janatki wrote: »
    Ham salad sarnie, with a good dollop of Hellman’s and English mustard, for my dinner.
    That's exactly how I make a ham sarnie!
  • lauriekallis
    4gy9fum5tabx.jpg

You are both so funny!