Wednesday Weigh In

Replies

• laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    At 145 for my height my BMI will be normal so I'm really excited for that too. But yea, 13#.# is the life goal, as I see it hitting high 130s I'll cut back, if I see 14#.#

It really is swings and roundabouts when we're all so close to goal in the general scheme of things. I guess this is all good training for being in lifelong maintenance. Holidays and family occasions will always come up and it's about enjoying them and then getting back on track.
  • laurad1978
    @NouveauRee nice to have you back, I love that we all have '9.9' in our goals 😂 that 0.1 lb is huge to us all.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,063 Member
    Must be a relief to see the scale number go down, @laurad1978 ! I recognize that feeling - that I must have felt crappy all the time - so good to feel good!

When your body is carrying so little extra fat minor losses are a big deal - 145 by the end of October will be a major accomplishment! Lower than your goal this year. Big scratch to that "minimal" :)
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 171.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 169.2

So glad the for weekly weigh-in here.

I hit 168.8 last Friday and then went right back up 2 pounds the next day :s Although I have been slowly coming down a bit every day since I still feel really annoyed every morning when I look at the scale and see that I haven't dropped back to or below that 168.8 despite being as virtuous as all get out on the CICO front.

I'm just barely managing to keep under 1250 calories a day - with a min of 15,000 daily steps - in an attempt to kickstart my loss which has stalled for the past 7 months, and I'm so needing that regular encouragment of lower numbers.

I got it here today :) comparing today's weight to last Wednesday feels REALLY good!
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis brilliant to see you had another great week. Its awful the amount of pressure we put on ourselves to loose the last few lbs. In reality anyone on the outside looking at any of us would say "she's done great, lost loads of weight and is keeping it off"
  • lauriekallis
    You are so right!
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 171.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 169.2

So glad the for weekly weigh-in here.

I hit 168.8 last Friday and then went right back up 2 pounds the next day :s Although I have been slowly coming down a bit every day since I still feel really annoyed every morning when I look at the scale and see that I haven't dropped back to or below that 168.8 despite being as virtuous as all get out on the CICO front.

I'm just barely managing to keep under 1250 calories a day - with a min of 15,000 daily steps - in an attempt to kickstart my loss which has stalled for the past 7 months, and I'm so needing that regular encouragment of lower numbers.

I got it here today :) comparing today's weight to last Wednesday feels REALLY good!

Are you eating enough?
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 148.3 Sept 9, 2021
    Current 148.3 Sept 16, 2021
    Loss 0.0
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

Had my gyros last Thursday with fries, and half a large sausage/pepper pizza and all the vodka on Saturday. I usually have one or two big nights for calories a week and eat a lot less during the week to accommodate for it, but those were pretty big even for me so even is a-ok.

Actually, this is weird - I weigh less as the morning goes on. If I weigh in when I wake up it is higher than say, an hour later (I don't drink coffee or eat breakfast). So I actually had a loss because I checked again later after I logged and accepted my break even. I'll take the loss for next week. I do Thursday so I can go out over the weekend and have Sun-Wed to get the excess sodium/bloat out of my system.

My excess belly skin is now a huge problem but I can't do much about it until I am at a stable weight for I think 6-12 months before surgery can happen. I also need my boobs done but they may not do both at the same time, I'm higher risk. I always wanted my boobs done but will live with them (32J so need them smaller but they hang to my belly button now so I need a lot removed and an implant put in so I can maybe get to a 32D, maybe a big C, that would be amazing). I need this belly gone, it is literally in the way of everything.

Anyway......goal for next Thursday is 147.0
  • laurad1978
    @FitByFifty1970 I've a consultant with a surgeon in Nov for breast reduction. I'm a 32G, as my back size has reduced my cup size is going up so they are really not getting much smaller and look totally out of proportion to the rest of me now. Looks like my surgery wont be until next summer which is a nice amount of time to maintain and/or loose another 6lbs or so.
  • lauriekallis
    So far I've been saying - no surgery - which is one of the reasons I dropped my original goal from 190 ish to 175 to 150 - in the hopes that if I lose enough subcutaneous fat the extra skin would have an easier time shrinking. And it is getting better - at least it is getting easier to "fold" away... :D

I'm still holding out hope...I figure if I ever get to 150, I'll try and hold on there for a year (this is probably lighter than I really want to be - except for the skin I'm pretty happy where I am) and then ... there really is no "and then" because I'm hoping that after a year it won't be so bad.

But the boobs are kinda depressing. I'm down to a 36E now, most of which seems like skin. I'm not sure what size they would be if all the skin was tucked to make them stay up a bit...lol...but definitely smaller than any other time in my life! Maybe I will consider that??? I just can't imagine what it would be like to walk around comfortably with no bra - it has been a very long time.

@FitByFifty1970 I'm probably not eating enough to carry on for any length of time, but I've been eating in the 1600-2000 range for ??? 7 months, with some splurge days, and nothing is happening so I feel compelled to shake things up a bit. :)
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 146.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 146.2

Working hard the last week, hoping I drop below the 146 in the next week. I'd like to be stable below the 145 in the next month. Very slow to see any progress the past few months but maintaining well.

Fitness has improved hugely from 12months ago. Did a tough cycle at the weekend in a much faster time than a few months ago. Although calorie burn for 3 hours has gone from 1700kcal to 1200kcal as fitness has improved. Only take these numbers as an estimate but interesting to see the reduction. My swim club sessions have gone from +500kcal to about 300kcal for the same amount of time but in a faster lane.
  • lauriekallis
    Good for you @laurad1978! Glad your scale number is moving in the right direction!

It is a bit crazy how the benefits of becoming fitter include more efficient calorie usage (it was really hard to think/write that in a positive light! lol).

For the past year and a half my main form of exercise has been walking - which I track through steps. But a route that would have taken 10,000 steps when I began, now comes in around 6,500. The time it take has dropped drastically also. So I need to continually find longer routes.

Mentally it seems like that much more effort, though I guess they are not. Nor are they burning anywhere near as many calories as they did! If my body was a car, I would be tickled with how much more efficient it is and how I only need to stop for gas half as often. Somehow it doesn't feel like that though :)
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 278lb
    Group start weight 180lb
    Goal 150lb

Last week's weigh-in: 169.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 176.2

7 pounds up in 1 week! Fine work :D

I've had a few days getting close to what Fitbit calls my maintenance calories, and 1 day over on Saturday just past. I have to believe that these 7 pounds are mostly going to disappear.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis I think the past month or so I've found my maintenance calories and it's at about 1500 (including exercise). It's lower than I'd hoped 😬 but at least I can plan around it now.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 148.3 Sept 16, 2021
    Current 145.9 Sept 23, 2021
    Loss 2.4

My goal for this week was 147 which I figured I get (last post explains my scale went down as the morning went on but I didn't count it). But I did NOT see 145.anything coming. Holy *kitten*. My boyfriend was saying it's because I exercise a bunch. Nope because 1. I don't, 3-5 miles a day outside or on the treadmill, that's all I exercise and 2. It burns maybe one slice of cheese pizza...maybe....and I eat usually 4 loaded slices a week (plus booze). So it was interesting you all just posted about how little calories you burn the fitter you get. I always try to tell people exercise is not for weight loss - you can't outrun the bad diet - just for that reason. You bust your butt and maybe burn off a Snickers bar. OMG, I could totally destroy one of those...ANWAY..... I'm not complaining though. I just didn't expect that much.

Next week I'll keep expectations in check after such a huge loss at such a smaller size, so 145.8 or below is happiness with a 'would be nice' goal of 145.4 (a half-pound).

Oh, I just hit my 110 loss milestone. OMG.
  • lauriekallis
    Big congrats to you @FitByFifty1970 !!!

I had that conversation with two friends yesterday who were certain that I'm "staying thin" because I walk a lot. When I mention that I have really changed my eating and have been eating very little the past month (year and a half) they ignore it and comment again on the walking. lol. I think many people don't want to face the fact that you have to eat differently/less to lose weight.

When talking to me my friends say they just don't have the time to walk so much. Again - they don't really want to consider the food intake side of things.

I wish I could walk off pounds...
  • FitByFifty1970
    I mentioned I really use the fitbit community daily and that's where things get weird. I mean, it's fitbit so yea, I should expect it. But I'm in a 50+ pounds group and some of the thinking is so wrong. People almost in despair because they cannot exercise for whatever reason so they can't lose weight. Sigh. I'm very vocal on calling the b.s. on that, lol.
    Nobody wants to hear this is really quite boring underneath it all. Take in less than you exert. No IF or no carb or no dairy or whatever fad is happening. Snoozefest. Lol.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis and @FitByFifty1970 yep people seem to loose interest when you mention watching calories and don't have a secret weight loss tea to tell them about 🤷‍♀️ unfortunately it's the boring stuff that works.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 146.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 145.8

Woohoo, mini victory landing in 145's! Delighted it's happened without having to go back to 1200kcal a day as the 1400 feels much more sustainable.
    Back with dietitian next week so will be interested to see if I'm still keeping muscle mass. She has me down to 15min appointments to just check measurements and keep me on track every three months. I'll likely push this out to six months now. I like the accountability, plus she isn't expensive for the shorter appointments and I can claim most back on my health insurance.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 145.9 Sept 23, 2021
    Current 145.9 Sept 30, 2021
    Loss / Gain 0

My goal for this week was to lose anything since I had a huge loss the week before. I stayed even which is a win. I wound up having a lot of fun last Thursday so I had three good sized margaritas (oh that was sooooo sweet), a basket of chips, plus the fajitas/tortillas/rice/beans (all that salt and fat) and some more drinks at home. That's in addition to the normal Saturday craziness of pizza and booze. So yea, two very big nights, took it easy the rest of the week, and came out even. Works for me.

Next week for my goal it is a bit aggressive. I have plans tomorrow night but won't be going nuts and my Saturday will be crazy for sure but again, the rest of the week will taking it easy. But I'm really going to be shooting for 144.4. The number 4 is my favorite so that seems like a fun goal. But as always, anything under 145.9 will be a win and savored.

Have a great week everyone!