At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Sorry. Seems we’ve fallen off the earth! My husband and I have what are surely (and blessedly) the world’s mildest cases of Covid. Thank heavens we were vaccinated. I’m almost embarrassed to call this “Covid”. I’ve had colds that were waaaaay worse than this.

Anyway, calorie adherence is out the window for both of us right now.

I’m just going with the flow. I figure my body will ask for what it needs and I’ll deal with any gain or loss when it’s over. Oddly, I feel thinner, even though I’ve been couch bound the last few days and had one or two gobbley days. I think the mild fever and the (worst part) instantaneous soaking dripping sweats burn a lot of calories.

Otherwise, I’ve found the mystery to calorie burning while napping, and just need to bottle and share it, and then use the proceeds to get DeVol to come and do my kitchen. Wow! Lots of time to watch HGTV and am mesmerized by For the Love of Kitchens!!!!

It's great to hear from you. I hope you are both feeling better soon.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,849 Member
    Btw guys like you are good to have around.

At one point we had four microcars and a two car garage. We could get all four in the garage, but it inevitably involved drama moving cars around to get the one we wanted out.

Al looked at us like we were morons and said,”They’re tiny cars. Why don’t you just park them all in the driveway at an angle and back out the one you want?”

😶

44dbm3tvtvuo.jpeg

I can’t believe that pic is still online. The internet never forgets.

In the 90s I had a Geo Metro, which was light enough that my coworkers (no idea how many of them) were able to pick it up and move it to a different part of the parking lot. Freaked me out!

8pcxfz70luwf.png
  • kshama2001
    Sorry. Seems we’ve fallen off the earth! My husband and I have what are surely (and blessedly) the world’s mildest cases of Covid. Thank heavens we were vaccinated. I’m almost embarrassed to call this “Covid”. I’ve had colds that were waaaaay worse than this.

Anyway, calorie adherence is out the window for both of us right now.

I’m just going with the flow. I figure my body will ask for what it needs and I’ll deal with any gain or loss when it’s over. Oddly, I feel thinner, even though I’ve been couch bound the last few days and had one or two gobbley days. I think the mild fever and the (worst part) instantaneous soaking dripping sweats burn a lot of calories.

Otherwise, I’ve found the mystery to calorie burning while napping, and just need to bottle and share it, and then use the proceeds to get DeVol to come and do my kitchen. Wow! Lots of time to watch HGTV and am mesmerized by For the Love of Kitchens!!!!

Glad it's mild! Yay for the vax!
  • talltrees500
    talltrees500 Posts: 25 Member
    You are inspiring! I did Noom and lost 30lbs, have gained 10lb back after a few months of not doing Noom and not logging foods. I was starting to gain while I was on that program and got burned out of logging everything. I’ve done many diets and am discouraged with gaining weight back. I really want this time to be different and would welcome any advice at how to maintain weight loss as well as not eat in the middle of the night. I believe connected with positive like minded people will be beneficial. Have a great weekend everyone
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I hope you all are feeling much better!
    LORD JESUS guide 💟
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    God yes clothes. Every season all new things. It is so bad and so many are still hanging around because work to donate. Even thrift stuff got expensive.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Thanks, Springlering62. Your post to tall trees was so inspiring….it was just what I needed to hear, too, as I am working to lose the last 20#.
  • kshama2001
    BL explained to me at length this morning why he’ll only need two pair of smaller pants til he “loses all his weight. “

Not a bad plan, says the lady who blew through four wardrobes.

Ugh, says the lady who’ll have to keep those two pair washed regularly.

Seriously, when losing large amounts of weight, the first few sizes take forever to drop. But then they start coming off boom! Boom! Boom!

Invest as little as possible in those interim sizes. They are going to be baggy and ill fitting much faster than your larger sizes were.

So many people reach their first goal and reset goal. I reset my own several times.

When I reached my original goal, I went a little crazy. There was no way I could even visualize myself getting any smaller.

But as I continued my weighing, logging, and exercise, the weight continued to fall off. To my joy/horror, I was out of those clothes within two or three months. I made the mistake of getting new clothes again, a little more cautiously, but I still couldn’t visualize myself any smaller. I eventually went from a 22/24W to a 2/4. I went from XL to S so fast, it was literally only a few months. I’ve salvaged some of those interim clothes to use as loose jammies.

The smaller you get, the faster those sizes are going to peel off.

Many MFP’ers report that once they do reach final goal, even though no further weight comes off, clothes continue to get looser as their body rearranges the furniture.

This is particularly true if you’re doing recomp.

BL ultimately decided to order four pair of pants. He guessed at his size, going down 4 inches in waist. I can already tell the new ones will be too big. That can be a happy discovery for him, although it’ll mean baggy drawers for another few weeks as he goes through the exchange process. 🤦🏻‍♀️

BTW, also noticed this morning that his shirts are hanging better, too. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 That’s a win!!!

I kept a lot of too small clothes in the attic and as part of prepping to move have been going through them. I got rid of ones that had elastic ruined by the heat of the attic, ones that were just clearly too young (I'm 54), and crop tops. No matter how much weight I lose, I have no expectations that my very large fibroids will shrink enough to make crop tops a good choice.

I'd had them kind of sorted in "one size too small," "two sizes too small," and "this is a long shot but I can't bear to get rid of it." I've lost 30 pounds this year and blew by some of the "one size too small" already. But a lot of pants that used to fit me when I was last at this weight no longer do due to these fibroids. I'm still spending a lot of time in stretchy pants that I also wore at 20 pounds heavier.

I've also kept office clothes, which may be pointless, as at this point I would prefer to work remotely, as I did for 9 years before the pandemic, or work at a job that does not require nice clothes. I also fantasize about, if I do end up with another office job, dressing in monochrome like Rachel Maddow and just not worrying about wardrobe all that much. I do have a lot of scarves I could use for some variety.

While writing this it occurred to me to try on my gardening jeans, which I have probably not worn since April. They are nice and baggy, except for the waist. Thanks, fibroids. I may need to look into some maternity pants. My fibroids should shrink when my estrogen levels plummet after menopause, but I'm not there yet, despite my mother, aunt, and sister having gone through it when younger than I am.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    speaking about clothes...I still haven't lost the 17lbs I gained over the last year so I'm going to buy 2 new pants & will save the smaller sizes I have in hopes of them fitting again but I'm not going to stress over it. This may be the size I'll stay though I've been working on it for a while now