I'm going to Disney World January 2010!

Hello out there! I'm new to this site. My family is going to Disney World and I really want to fit on those rides! I've got 10 1/2 months to drop 100 lbs. Do ya think I can do it? I do! I have reached the Point of no Return! Wish me luck. May all of you out there reach your goals too! :smooched:

Replies

• dw2010
    dw2010 Posts: 2
    Hello out there! I'm new to this site. My family is going to Disney World and I really want to fit on those rides! I've got 10 1/2 months to drop 100 lbs. Do ya think I can do it? I do! I have reached the Point of no Return! Wish me luck. May all of you out there reach your goals too! :smooched:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Good luck to you! You can do it, especially if you stick with mfp! we leave for Orlando next Thursday our 8th trip! you guys will LOVE it!!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Welcome and Good luck you can do it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I recently relocated from Orlando and lived 10 minutes from Disney... It was beautiful! :bigsmile:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Yes of course you can do it. Welcome and best of luck on your journey to losing 100 pounds. You can do it. That's about 10 pounds a month. If you stick to 10 pounds a month you will do instead of looking at the bigger number.

Good Luck!
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    You are going to have such a blast, such an amazing, incredible, magical time!!!! I just went in February for my birthday and I have to say it was the absolute BEST birthday I have had since my 6th birthday party when we went bowling and threw a strike, but trust me this is like a gazillion times better than that!!!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!! You will be in shape in no time for Disney if you stick with this site!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    yeah you can do it I go in 12 weeks and want to drop 20 lbs I hope I can do it.

I love disney world cant wait to go.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:

you CAN do it :smile:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Yea!!! Y'all will have so much fun! I grew up in Florida, so I've been more times than I can count; each time is great. You've got a great goal to keep you focused. If you plateau, don't let it get you down or frustrated, it happens. Just keep going and know that it's definitely worth it. You came to the right place. MFP and the people on it can keep you motivated.
    Keep posting! Let us know how you're doing!

126046.png
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    Welcome!!!:smile:
    It is very do-able. Log ALL your food and start exercising. Walking everyday is a great place to start. I started walking 6 days a week and now I can't skip Sundays anymore---I have to move. It's nice to know so far a head of time!!!! Go for it!!!!!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    YAY!!! I love Disney World!!! :heart: I went for the first time 2 years ago and went again this past September. I will also be going back in Jan 2010. I can't wait!!! That is also one of my inspirations for losing weight. It gets pretty warm down there (downright HOT in the summer!) so I'd like to feel comfortable wearing shorts and tank tops.

This site it a GODSEND!!! I don't think I would have achieved the success I have since joining, without it. (I joined back in May of last year but I wasn't serious enough to stick with it.) So, since January 5th I have lost a total of 17lbs (21 since Dec 1st)!!! And the inspiration and motivation on here is unmatched. Everyone here is so willing to help in any way to encourage you to reach your goal.

Welcome and congratulations on making the choice to change your life!!! :drinker: