FAT to FIT ( 6 Packs )!! just 2 inspire :)

Replies

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    That’s a great accomplishment, thank you for sharing your story. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • rajikaurbajna
    rajikaurbajna Posts: 21 Member
    What did u do?!???!????!???

1.Diet ( eat min 80% whole food + can have up to 20% processed food )
    2.Strength training
    3.Tracking ( tracking calories and macros + weight )
    4.Consistency
    Did you eat under calories and macros or cared more about calories?
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    What did u do?!???!????!???

1.Diet ( eat min 80% whole food + can have up to 20% processed food )
    2.Strength training
    3.Tracking ( tracking calories and macros + weight )
    4.Consistency
    Did you eat under calories and macros or cared more about calories?

To lose weight - calorie counting is enough.

But if you are interested in aesthetics , macro count is essential along with strength training.
  • lesbarkhouse
    lesbarkhouse Posts: 29 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »

You've done brilliantly mate 💪🏼💪🏽

Quick update... 189lbs now... about 15-17 lbs more before October 29th I hope... going to be a grind. Any other 50 year olds out there who can inspire me like Raj (o.p.) to get me through this cut??? Love seeing everyone's progress... challenges me.
    ivlretzqzdpc.jpg

Your commitment is out of the world.Keep it up!!! I am sure by Oct we would see something really special.

Thanks Raj. Still looking for an update from you too... You are the OP for this thread afterall 😎.

Quick update from me... Just under 183 lbs now...
    g4e7k1x55txa.jpeg

Hi.. I am on a lean bulk phase for the past 7 - 8 months. Presently working on my aesthetics (read weak points). Will most probably post my updates by summer next year. I like your commitment.a special round of applause for that. I created this thread to inspire people and let them know that not only can you lose weight but it's also possible to achieve a great aesthetic with commitment and the right guidance (obviously naturally). I hope atleast 10% have seen this positively and worked hard on their fitness journey. Your inputs have also added to this cause.

Thank you for the update Raj and looking forward to seeing what you've accomplished when you're ready to share. For those asking "how did he do it".... there is no magic potion (to reiterate what Raj has said before), the right combination is obviously knowing what food intake you need, but you have to make a lifestyle change or you will not have any long term success. Anyone can lose a ton of weight in a short period of time but unless you make that lifestyle change you will undoubtedly gain it back and sometimes even gain more. Is it easy, heck no, but it is so totally worth the change once you start to realize how good you feel and how many little aches and pains are gone. Looking good means something different for everyone, but feeling good is almost the same for everyone so don't get caught up in the looks.

My latest update... 172 lbs after 27 weeks of cutting weight/fat. Started this time around 212, so 40 lbs. Time to take a slight break and am currently doing the same as Raj in doing a lean bulk, but mine will just be for 2-3 months, then will start a cut again trying to get down to 6% bodyfat by end of march or so. I am about 18 months into a lifestyle change and am managing to keep things rolling. Started at 240lbs, got down to 188 before purposely gaining up to 212, and now at 172... goal to about 160 and then will think about what long term maintenance weight I want to keep at.

For those wondering why I am hijacking his thread... I just want to help inspire people as well and just thought I would piggyback here... I own't bother posting the absolute before picture as it is buried a few pages before this. I'll keep my ugly mug off this thread until I begin a cut again (expect to gain maybe 10 lbs first) and then again end of March to see if I got to 160.
    fd3xjcuj4r0t.jpg

9 months update. Been following Raj on other social media and he has provided me with some encouragement while prepping. After my last update October 2018, I decided to compete in men's physique. I started my cut Feb 25, 2019. I started at 192.5lbs with a goal in my head of needing to get to 159lbs for August 10, 2019. I thought ti was a pretty bumpy ride at the time, but when I look back over the entire process, my fat loss was pretty consistent week to week. I did have some times of my body resisting weight loss though and that is mentally tough to overcome without support from people who have been there before. When I got to a certain weight and BF%, my body really fought back and I had to get pretty extreme with calorie intake and cardio. I am happy to report I was able to get down to 154.2lbs 2 days before show date and managed to accomplish a 1st, 4th, and 2nd place finishes in the competition. I actually looked better the week before the show, but I learned from it and looking forward to peaking at the right time for next show. I am almost 49 yrs old and 5'7" for those who have asked before. Tan was wearing off pretty badly here!
    axsxjz1mlyov.jpg
  • rajeshvvcool
    shaf238 wrote: »

You've done brilliantly mate 💪🏼💪🏽

Quick update... 189lbs now... about 15-17 lbs more before October 29th I hope... going to be a grind. Any other 50 year olds out there who can inspire me like Raj (o.p.) to get me through this cut??? Love seeing everyone's progress... challenges me.
    ivlretzqzdpc.jpg

Your commitment is out of the world.Keep it up!!! I am sure by Oct we would see something really special.

Thanks Raj. Still looking for an update from you too... You are the OP for this thread afterall 😎.

Quick update from me... Just under 183 lbs now...
    g4e7k1x55txa.jpeg

Hi.. I am on a lean bulk phase for the past 7 - 8 months. Presently working on my aesthetics (read weak points). Will most probably post my updates by summer next year. I like your commitment.a special round of applause for that. I created this thread to inspire people and let them know that not only can you lose weight but it's also possible to achieve a great aesthetic with commitment and the right guidance (obviously naturally). I hope atleast 10% have seen this positively and worked hard on their fitness journey. Your inputs have also added to this cause.

Thank you for the update Raj and looking forward to seeing what you've accomplished when you're ready to share. For those asking "how did he do it".... there is no magic potion (to reiterate what Raj has said before), the right combination is obviously knowing what food intake you need, but you have to make a lifestyle change or you will not have any long term success. Anyone can lose a ton of weight in a short period of time but unless you make that lifestyle change you will undoubtedly gain it back and sometimes even gain more. Is it easy, heck no, but it is so totally worth the change once you start to realize how good you feel and how many little aches and pains are gone. Looking good means something different for everyone, but feeling good is almost the same for everyone so don't get caught up in the looks.

My latest update... 172 lbs after 27 weeks of cutting weight/fat. Started this time around 212, so 40 lbs. Time to take a slight break and am currently doing the same as Raj in doing a lean bulk, but mine will just be for 2-3 months, then will start a cut again trying to get down to 6% bodyfat by end of march or so. I am about 18 months into a lifestyle change and am managing to keep things rolling. Started at 240lbs, got down to 188 before purposely gaining up to 212, and now at 172... goal to about 160 and then will think about what long term maintenance weight I want to keep at.

For those wondering why I am hijacking his thread... I just want to help inspire people as well and just thought I would piggyback here... I own't bother posting the absolute before picture as it is buried a few pages before this. I'll keep my ugly mug off this thread until I begin a cut again (expect to gain maybe 10 lbs first) and then again end of March to see if I got to 160.
    fd3xjcuj4r0t.jpg

9 months update. Been following Raj on other social media and he has provided me with some encouragement while prepping. After my last update October 2018, I decided to compete in men's physique. I started my cut Feb 25, 2019. I started at 192.5lbs with a goal in my head of needing to get to 159lbs for August 10, 2019. I thought ti was a pretty bumpy ride at the time, but when I look back over the entire process, my fat loss was pretty consistent week to week. I did have some times of my body resisting weight loss though and that is mentally tough to overcome without support from people who have been there before. When I got to a certain weight and BF%, my body really fought back and I had to get pretty extreme with calorie intake and cardio. I am happy to report I was able to get down to 154.2lbs 2 days before show date and managed to accomplish a 1st, 4th, and 2nd place finishes in the competition. I actually looked better the week before the show, but I learned from it and looking forward to peaking at the right time for next show. I am almost 49 yrs old and 5'7" for those who have asked before. Tan was wearing off pretty badly here!
    axsxjz1mlyov.jpg

We salute your mental toughness.. I feel it's more mental than physical. We tend to lose focus and end up in a mess. I am really proud to have known you. Kudos.
  • rajeshvvcool
    That’s a great accomplishment, thank you for sharing your story. You should be very proud of yourself.

Yes I am really proud 💪🏻👍🏻
  • Ms_Mia_
    Ms_Mia_ Posts: 128 Member
    I am just here to congratulate you on your success! You look amazing! What a glow up!
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    Wow! You really do look great!
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    amazing results, one question though, did you take any steroids or any performance enhancing drugs, since it looks like you gained quite a bit of lean mass while on a calorie deficit? either way great results

I am a Natty. The only supplement that I take is protein powder. To clear your doubt, after I had lost considerable amount of weight I lean bulked for about a year then cut down again ( very strictly by tacking macros ).

If you're still here, what percentage of carbs/fats/protein did you aim for? Im looking to drop my fat percentage massively, but i have a fair bit of muscle underneath after weight training for around 5-6 months without eating at a calorie deficit. Now i am eating a high protein, low carb but finding it hard to avoid going over 120g whilst still reaching my calorie goal. My work doesn't really allow me to avoid carbohydrates (im a postman, walking 6-7 miles every day and by 11am i am dizzy if I haven't had a substantial amount of carbs for breakfast). I basically try and avoid carbs at lunch and dinner.
  • rajeshvvcool
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    amazing results, one question though, did you take any steroids or any performance enhancing drugs, since it looks like you gained quite a bit of lean mass while on a calorie deficit? either way great results

I am a Natty. The only supplement that I take is protein powder. To clear your doubt, after I had lost considerable amount of weight I lean bulked for about a year then cut down again ( very strictly by tacking macros ).

If you're still here, what percentage of carbs/fats/protein did you aim for? Im looking to drop my fat percentage massively, but i have a fair bit of muscle underneath after weight training for around 5-6 months without eating at a calorie deficit. Now i am eating a high protein, low carb but finding it hard to avoid going over 120g whilst still reaching my calorie goal. My work doesn't really allow me to avoid carbohydrates (im a postman, walking 6-7 miles every day and by 11am i am dizzy if I haven't had a substantial amount of carbs for breakfast). I basically try and avoid carbs at lunch and dinner.

Hi.... Your dedication is inspiring. In my opinion the most sustainable macro ratio is -> fats - 30 percentage , carbs - 35 percentage , protein - 35 percentage.

I personally follow the above ratio.

I also follow intermittent fasting while cutting (don't eat breakfast).

While on a lean bulk phase I have breakfast.

Hope I helped you and apologies for the late reply.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,076 Member
    edited September 2021
    Fantastic improvement my friend! Keep up the great work.
  • rmorgan37
    rmorgan37 Posts: 14 Member
    Super Model.
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Looking good!
  • rajeshvvcool
    Latrellis wrote: »
    Looking good!

Thank you so much... This is to just show that hard work definitely pays. 🙂
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    fantastic work. I think what got me most was the difference in the look in your eyes between then and now :-) Well done for all the hard work you have put it.
  • rajeshvvcool
    rmorgan37 wrote: »
    Super Model.

Ha ha... Thank you so much!!
  • rajeshvvcool
    Hi folks!! Just an update (2022)!!

qf36czirml02.jpg
    i650xfnkcsvy.jpeg
    a6kkxe0nsphg.jpeg

• Dejavous6
    Dejavous6 Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations all 🤗 I’m in need of some motivation 🥴
  • rajeshvvcool
    Dejavous6 wrote: »
    Congratulations all 🤗 I’m in need of some motivation 🥴

Please do see my old transformation in the first post. I am sure you ll be motivated 👍
  • prettyfitkitty
    prettyfitkitty Posts: 6 Member
    You look entirely different :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!